Let's Play Dominion: An Experiment in Deckbuilding???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Play Dominion: An Experiment in Deckbuilding???
RE: Let's Play Dominion: An Experiment in Deckbuilding???
Okay then, welcome to ChapelFest 2014.
[Image: RUq823x.png][Image: RWobSh3.png]

MY TURN

and i will just, uh, buy a festival.

[Image: RWobSh3.png]

YOUR TURN

Here's your new hand.
[Image: e9C5eVi.png][Image: e9C5eVi.png][Image: e9C5eVi.png][Image: e9C5eVi.png][Image: uxSPjSp.png]

Your deck will be shuffled next hand.
For a new page, here are the cards for purchase, with updated amounts remaining
Show Content
I vote Nobles. We've plenty of action cards but no cards for drawing more cards to use those actions on. Since we can only buy one card anyway, we may as well grab some free real estate victory points besides.
(11-26-2014, 06:51 AM)Not The Author Wrote: »I vote Nobles. We've plenty of action cards but no cards for drawing more cards to use those actions on. Since we can only buy one card anyway, we may as well grab some free real estate victory points besides.

That's not a bad idea. I also see it having synergy with other action cards (both to play after cards like Festival and to play more than one at a time if we have them together) so we should prioritize getting more of them for now.
[Image: WFQLHMB.gif]
you got it

[Image: f7dppRf.png]

MY TURN

H'okay first things first

[Image: 79pNRCa.png]

Lemme grab a new card and still not exactly what I want but whatever. It miiiight be a bit premature to grab scoring cards but it's important to look towards the future!!! Nabbin' a Duchy.

[Image: z8uJP0v.png]

And that's my turn.

YOUR TURN
Your deck is shuffled.

[Image: e9C5eVi.png][Image: Pg2Wwqw.png][Image: Pg2Wwqw.png][Image: RWobSh3.png][Image: WsNJxXW.png]

also for a new page, your current deck
7 Copper, 2 Silver, 3 Estates, 1 Nobles, 2 Festivals, 1 Pawn, 1 Chapel
So if I understand this correctly, when we draw another card with Pawn, if it is a coin or an action and we have already used Festival (to let us use 2 actions, including Pawn) we can use it before ending our turn, correct?

If that's the case, then we want to use first Festival, then Pawn and have our Pawn dig for another card and nab us another dank Dutch daalder.
[Image: WFQLHMB.gif]
If you draw another card with Pawn, if it's a coin it doesn't matter if you have extra actions. It just goes towards your purchasing power for the turn by simply being in your hand. You do need the other available action to use an action card, though.
Always start by playing all Festivals in-hand. I'm reasonably certain there is zero downside to doing so; this turn, it'll net us two actions (one to use on the Pawn) and +2 coin (total of three). The one thing that keeps us from doing is trashing them, but we'd only need to do that if we'd already bought too many, which we can plan against doing.

I propose we use the Pawn (after the Festival, as I've already said) to gain 1 Card and 1 Coin, and save judgement on what to do with our 2 buy and 4 coin until after seeing what the draw is.
Okay it's been a while now. I'm going to suggest that if somebody says something as, like, a proposal, or otherwise implies they'd like other opinions on it, I'll give it 24 hours before I assume that means no objections and just go with it, if that's okay.
Also if your hand has a Village, should I just assume you're going to use it and show the extra card you'd get right away?

Alright, you play the Festival, and then the Pawn for an extra coin and card.

Updated hand.
[Image: e9C5eVi.png][Image: Pg2Wwqw.png][Image: Pg2Wwqw.png][Image: Pg2Wwqw.png]
+3 Coins. +1 Buy. Also an extra action but, y'know, not particularly relevant at the moment.
I'd say either another village, a smithy, or some combination of pawns/chapels. I like village/pawns for their utility but the sheer draw power of the smithy is appealing, and I can see where a second chapel might help us out down the line.
I say Scout, just to help avoid having more estate-clogged turns like this one.
I feel like scout is basically a crappier version of smithy to be honest - at least for now. While it does let us see one extra card, we're planning on trashing all of our estates and so it will quickly become useless (until later when we get more nobles or start picking up provinces/duchies/dukes). Smithy does basically the same thing but it's always useable, plus it helps us go through our deck faster.
That's a good point. Okay, then Smithy.