Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]
RE: [18/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [DAY TWO: Scattered In The Wind]
~ EVENT ~

Nothing could prepare me for what happened next.

While discussing possible implications of criminals, Garuru suddenly stood up in the middle of the crowd. Between his resolute expression and the military trenchcoat he was sporting, something about his appearance brought silence upon the cafe.

"You think you can kill an old man when he's sleeping, huh?" Garuru started. "Didn't think he'd be watching for people coming after him? I'm no senile fool yet! Those jungle wars didn't take me then, and nothing will take me now..."

The last thing I need is someone with post-traumatic stress going haywire over a series of crimes in their city. Carefully positioned behind the register, I reached for the phone and began to dial for help. Garuru looked like he was about ready to fly off the handle at someone. As I waited anxiously for Lyncroft to pick up his office phone, it began.

Garuru quickly pulled a 1970s-era military shotgun out from under his trenchcoat. With skilled sleight of hand, he loaded the pump-action shotgun and pointed the barrel straight at smash ball. Sensing imminent death, smash ball leapt behind a table as the first shell flew past his head and out the window.

smash ball continued to run about the room, seeking cover and crying for help. Garuru unflinchingly aimed and fired repeatedly, forcing me to take cover behind the main counter as artillery rounds flew past the register and through the coffee machines behind me. Laying on the floor surrounded by spilt coffee, I shouted for assistance into the hanging receiver of my desk phone.

Lyncroft, having likely heard the gunshots and screams through the receiver, barged in behind two armed officers. They quickly apprehended Garuru by the shoulders, but not before he got one last shot off.

Right in the heart of smash ball, who quickly crumpled to the floor. Paramedics soon arrived and took away the body, tossing bleach and white towels on the floor so the blood wouldn't stain.

smash ball has been DAYKILLED.

Thirty or so minutes after the incident, I made my way down to the general hospital, leaving an officer on duty so no more frenzied shootouts would occur. I met Lyncroft and the coroner outside the hospital, and they let me in to see the body. I opted not to look under the white sheet.

"We retrieved this from the deceased's apartment," Lyncroft stated, throwing down a handful of pamphlets. They discussed matters such as veganism and animal abuse, and had numerous scrawlings and vile messages to people written in faded black ink.

"Also found this," the coroner added, handing me a map of the continent and notes regarding a 'campaign trail' of sorts. The dead giveaway, however, were notes about the cafe and a plan to "kill all savages".

"What's the verdict?" I asked Lyncroft.

"Probably related to these crimes," he added. "I didn't expect someone to go berserk and start killing, but at least your patrons have good aim."

"There's bound to be more," I sighed. "I'll get back to them and let them know this is a real threat now. Won't help the paranoia at all, but at least it won't feel like a sham proceeding anymore."

"I'll have the report printed ASAP," the coroner added.

"Hope you're up to work," I said. "You might be busy." With the printed autopsy, I came back to the cafe and posted the documents on the bulletin. I can probably safely summarize this individual's attitude with one specific, malignant phrase:

Meat is murder.

The mantra of her fellowship, the battle cry she lived by, the laconic diatribe to which she prescribed her actions and morals to. In her mind, every day on this forsaken planet was fraught with individuals who mercilessly slaughtered the innocent, weaker species of the planet and lived their lives bathing in the blood and meat of the fallen. The only scarlet bloom she wanted to ever see in this life was that of a field of beautiful flowers... or the one which would come forth from hedonistic, carnivorous scum who dared to think they belonged to a species of nobility and heightened, righteous existence.

Across the nation, smash ball had campaigned under the penname of Natalie Bealtaine, working tirelessly and efficiently to educate and inform people of their wrongdoings. When her words fell on cotton-plugged ears, her sharpened nails and equally sharp tongue were utilized to ensure her point would drill through the thick skulls of the uneducated proletariat.

Naturally, her travels and personal mission brought her to Caribou's Den, the epicenter of institutionalized slaughter and mass ignorance (as she so gracefully put it). Coinciding with her street demonstrations going woefully ignored, someone apparently got the right idea and burned a local business to the ground. Excited at this turn of events, she promptly sought the masterminds behind these crimes. While her comrades didn't explicitly support her own personal endeavor, those in power had a different offer: kill the meat-eaters out to implicate them for the crime, and she'd find bail payments for any arrest made. She happily took up the offer - as they say, you have to become a monster to defeat one.

smash ball was a MAFIA FLAVOR-EMPOWERED HITWOMAN.

During the night phase, smash ball would be especially perceptive of any odd or unusual occurrences. If smash ball was informed something happened in the night, he would make a mental list of these occurrences. The following night, smash ball could focus his latent hatred for the hedonists he hated. By successfully naming the originator of an occurrence, he could BRUTALLY MURDER them, which would go through all forms of protection and leave an especially messy corpse.

smash ball could theoretically match as many targets to occurrences as he wanted, but had a kill maximum of two extra people per night.

smash ball was aligned with the METROPOLITAN MALCONTENTS, and would have won when their combined forces overpowered the upstanding loyal citiziens and cafegoers in Caribou's Den to achieve their nefarious goals.

And now, back to the crowd. They seem a little stunned and thrown off by what happened. Seems like a great time to rethink this situation.

Votes have been reset.

Day still ends June 27th, 10PM EST (~105 hours from now).

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch and 5 for softlynch.

[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch
RE: [17/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [DAY TWO: Irony and Shrapnel]
@Garuru
I didn't see your claim.

I guess I believe you. unvote

And motg by extension, unless this is like biggest gambit ever.
Oh, votals were reset. NVM then. Curious about Schazer.
And also, Garuru, since you've been townfirmed, want to share how you knew smash tried to kill you? It won't endanger you or makerofthegames, you're both already in deep with the mafias.
(06-23-2014, 03:41 PM)speedchuck Wrote: »And also, Garuru, since you've been townfirmed, want to share how you knew smash tried to kill you? It won't endanger you or makerofthegames, you're both already in deep with the mafias.

nah. town can keep secrets too. ;)
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
(06-23-2014, 04:01 PM)Garuru Wrote: »
(06-23-2014, 03:41 PM)speedchuck Wrote: »And also, Garuru, since you've been townfirmed, want to share how you knew smash tried to kill you? It won't endanger you or makerofthegames, you're both already in deep with the mafias.

nah. town can keep secrets too. ;)

Thank god you said that.
vote: Speedchuck because holy hell that was some role fishing.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
(Ugh D2 Watcher claims why)

Vote: Speedchuck I can totally get behind this.

Also grr Mirdini I will have your head just as soon as I'm done lynching your scum buddies. You and Schazer are obviously in cahoots.
[Image: tumblr_mf6vkbhwy51rfm892o1_250.gif]

WHOAWHOAWHOAWHOA

How did you know

what did you do

I

That was fuckin' metal.

...Anyway VOTE: SPEEDCHUCK because things. I'd be suspicious if Garuru wasn't basically townfirmed but that question seems to help scum more than town right now

ALSO if I may play with the proverbial zipper of my rolepants, I know due to things I will not disclose that this game is probably a visitation clusterfuck, and thus I doubt we have a normal cop.

jus' so ya know.
jesus Christ guys tehpilot's mafia is like d2 daykill central

nice shot ruru

*raises eyebrows at speedchuck*
vote motg
I still dislike your d1 play buddy
oh i missed your claim
unvote
vote granola
SpoilerShow
wow 304 and 311 sure are things
(06-23-2014, 05:07 PM)TehPilot Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Hm, I wonder if I should have asked Garuru that? Apparently not. Seriouly, if I wanted to rolefish I could do a lot more subtle job than that. Just curious, is all. If someone could please explain how that question would help mafia?
(06-23-2014, 05:13 PM)Stiqqery Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
(06-23-2014, 05:32 PM)speedchuck Wrote: »Hm, I wonder if I should have asked Garuru that? Apparently not. Seriouly, if I wanted to rolefish I could do a lot more subtle job than that. Just curious, is all. If someone could please explain how that question would help mafia?

We don't know much about the setup. The game could have anticlaim mechanics. At the very least, anything that has the power to protect Garuru from nightkills is something we want to continue to exist and if it's killable we don't want scum to know who or what is responsible.
Right. I thought that since Garuru was a vig that was all. But yeah, cool.
good shot garu

never trust the non-voters

wheeeeere's palamedes
Mirdini hi I'm still waiting for your reasons re: lynching me because we both know they're bullshit.

(06-23-2014, 04:19 AM)Stiqqery Wrote: »Hahahaha wow okay I'm paying attention to this game now finally

and I also have no idea what the hell happened Day 1.

Fuck.

I guess while I'm meticulously rereading I'm gon' Vote: Palamedes because I like Schaz atm and if Schaz says 'Dini is town then I'll roll with it for now.

Also something about Pala being responsible for the mislynch gravy train I guess. Gonna have to look into that some methinks.

So, 'gonna vote this guy but can't now, that wagon was bad so I'm going to vote the guy who has a vote already and not bother looking at anything but him'

Also, I was responsible for moving from the two other, more significant mislynches to a guy who most every player had an opinion on (usually a suspicious one) while people like you did your damndest to sit off on useless votes.

Yeah nice move Vote: Stiq

Seriously though Mirdini if it wasn't for Schazer that bold would have your name. Well nevermind but I'm still semi-alright leaving that for now.

Also I am busy. So busy. Two more midterms and a giant presentation and ahhhhh kind of busy. So shove off you know I'm not a lurker.

Speedchuck/motg really need to die for their votes but gonna stick on Stiq for being the most opportunistic person who should know better.
EBWOP: Wait shit motg is a watcher nevermind, donut on the other hand is almost as suspicious as speedchuck for the random unexplained granola vote.
@Pala
You can want to kill me, but motg is basically townfirmed for helping to cause smash ball's death.
EBWOP: Ninja EBWOPception. Nevermind then.
EBWOP x2 because I might not have time to come back and say this later: donut is also in a really bad spot on the Druplewagon (as are Visceral and Oz but I feel better about both of them) which also makes him a prime lynch now that I think about it.

There's also Schazer who mysteriously knows that Mirdini is town (but it has nothing to do with her role so you know the nightphase changed basically nothing) but was parked on him all day yesterday and set to lynch him). Good lynch there too.
(06-23-2014, 06:21 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »There's also Schazer who mysteriously knows that Mirdini is town (but it has nothing to do with her role so you know the nightphase changed basically nothing) but was parked on him all day yesterday and set to lynch him). Good lynch there too.
What about this is scummy? It's probably something she gained indirectly because of her suspicions.

@TehPilot
Still would like to know if there are bastard roles. Sorry if you answered this before