Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
see this is why we cant have non-combat updates

Crying Eagle
Well damn, sorry for the kindness, chim.

I'll never be courteous ever again. Melonspa

But I'm sure the others are busy, I know I am (not doing the proper amount of studying, probably)
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
SpoilerShow

Savannah raises an eyebrow when Watson brings Myra over, almost stopping the healing spell she's applying to some pour soul who currently has less fingers than they were born with.

"...What did you do to her?" She shoots Watson a look, knowing full well that it probably wasn't him. "I'll get to her in a moment. And stop squirming!" Savannah narrows her eyes at the person she's healing.
Watson looks at Savannah in a state of tedium at her comment.

"Yes, because I enjoy bringing harm to bird-sorcerers in my spare time."

He goes to attend to other matters after laying Myra done, but looking back at the remaining soldiers, he supposes he can ease the load on Savannah. So he knelt down and lets one of them drink from the Vase with the teacup.
(My internet was more or less completely out. Still is, but not as worse as it was.)

With Mayor's attack draining all his energy, the now dulled crystals shed from Mayor's body like a second skin, falling off in large chunks and dissipating as they hit the ground. The golem looks over to see Myra being carried to Savannah, relieved he sits down on the spot to recollect himself.

Meanwhile, Bohw seems to be just now grasping the severity of the situation, looking over at Selphy. "Oy! Selphy!" she shouts, "All these people need to be dropped off somewhere! Take us to the capital if you aren't heading there already!" Bohw then turns to Nos, arms still folded. "Hate to cut this short, but I'm gonna go below deck to look for supplies for these guys, maybe find some first aid."

With that, Bohw doesn't even wait for Nos' reply and walks off, heading towards below deck to search for exactly what she said she would.
(04-24-2014, 12:21 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Well damn, sorry for the kindness, chim.

I'll never be courteous ever again. Melonspa

But I'm sure the others are busy, I know I am (not doing the proper amount of studying, probably)

i meant the lack of posts not you specifically

things usually go that way every time theres nothing left to hit
(04-24-2014, 02:53 AM)SupahKiven Wrote: »Savannah raises an eyebrow when Watson brings Myra over, almost stopping the healing spell she's applying to some pour soul who currently has less fingers than they were born with.

"...What did you do to her?" She shoots Watson a look, knowing full well that it probably wasn't him. "I'll get to her in a moment. And stop squirming!" Savannah narrows her eyes at the person she's healing.

You finish healing the survivor, who gives you a grateful 'thank you', before turning your attention to Myra, assessing her various wounds and healing each in turn. She'll be fine. You think. You honestly dont know a lot about avians specifically, but she should be waking up any minute now. Maybe.

(04-24-2014, 04:45 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »With Mayor's attack draining all his energy, the now dulled crystals shed from Mayor's body like a second skin, falling off in large chunks and dissipating as they hit the ground. The golem looks over to see Myra being carried to Savannah, relieved he sits down on the spot to recollect himself.

Meanwhile, Bohw seems to be just now grasping the severity of the situation, looking over at Selphy. "Oy! Selphy!" she shouts, "All these people need to be dropped off somewhere! Take us to the capital if you aren't heading there already!" Bohw then turns to Nos, arms still folded. "Hate to cut this short, but I'm gonna go below deck to look for supplies for these guys, maybe find some first aid."

With that, Bohw doesn't even wait for Nos' reply and walks off, heading towards below deck to search for exactly what she said she would.

"I will bring them with me in a moment, once i am ready," He says, indicating the survivors. Meanwhile, you return with medical supplies and start putting them to good use.
Once Myra wakes up, she will begin deliriously begin squawking in pain and shock, saying things like, "He spoke! ...She spoke? IT SPOKE. It spoke! It talks! Words! Not bird words! Bird, I....What? OH, sword! I got....sword....the greatsword! That big, black sword! That dark armor held it! It held the sword that I have now, I mean, I took it! Grabbed it- SQUAWK!! And I lived! How did I...? I was nearly gone. Who helped-saved me? ...MAYOR! MAYOR, you did a thing! TWO things! I- You-- How!? But...oh yes, thank you! That's a thing...a thing...what thing? Oh yes, a thing I should tell you. Want, I mean. Desire? ...what was I talking about...? Ohhhh, my head...my wiiiings....Oh, right! Mayor, you saved me! Thank you! I have a nice sword to show for all this now! A fine trophy for my nest, CAW HAW HAW!~"

Her hardly coherent spew of nonsense would degrade even further into caws of laughter until that fit is quickly put to an end with one of coughing. Once the coughing fit recedes enough for her to pull together a spell, she scrounges the bee's hive that is her current mental state to get a healing spell working on herself.

SpoilerShow
Mayor was busy scraping what crystaline growth stuck to him, grey flecks of crystal falling out of the joints in his body and gathering at his feet. He paused to look up at Myra when his name was mentioned, but aside from that, he was just glad she didn't die, what's done is done after all. Hopefully she would take this lesson home and not do something so reckless again.

Meanwhile Bohw was finding it particularly hard to distribute first aid and go about patching people up, while Myra was giving everyone in the party a telepathic earful. She tried to ignore it until Myra calmed down, but by the time Bohw had handed out everything and put someone's broken arm back in place, Myra was still talking.

Rubbing her forehead, Bohw concentrates as she tries to respond with her own mind, hopefully sending Myra the message that she needs to save her energy. "Are you quite done?"
"I wouldn't trust you to not do anything, to be completely honest..." Savannah rolls her eyes at Watson. As she applies a spell to Myra, hopefully not making her blow up or something, the raven springs to life in a burst of telepathic babbling.

"Jeez, did I do that?" Savannah mumbles, pressing the heel of her hand to her temple, wincing. "Crimeny, I'm sorry." She waits for the raven to stop squawking into her brain before groaning loudly and tilting her head back. "I help you out and this is what I get as a reward? Brain death? Maybe I should be a bit more careful who I heal from now on..." Savannah scoffs and turns to help out another injured survivor.
In the midst of her squawking, Bohw's voice somehow managed to cut in. She was about to fervently insist that no, she is no where near done, but paused. After all of that blabbering, and with Savannah's biting remark, Myra commits to not carrying on with her ranting, instead giving a brief, if not downcast, "...I guess so...Sorry, I was just very excited. And shocked."

She would have hopped off to a less occupied area or corner, but her injuries force her to stay in place until further healing closes the more severe wounds up. She doesn't have time to talk anyway, she tells herself, she'll be too busy recovering so she can perform some divination on the sword, and maybe the blood, and she should also help the survivors- oh right, them, she should probably tend to all those people as soon as she can. She'll see about the scryings and book readings later.
Between Bohw, Savannah, Taran and even Myra (after making enough psychic noise to wake the dead) working on healing the survivors, they are soon all fit enough to walk, though most of them will probably still require extensive bedrest and bear scars for life, but it is the best that can be done under the circumstances.

"I'll be going now. I dont think i will have time to contact you again once i return to Taraheen, so Bohw, if you would take this..." He says, reaching into his voluminous robes and withdrawing a small metal box in roughly the shape of a book. Its edges are finely gilded and there is a panel on the front that is obviously meant to interface with some kind of magic. "It is a kind of encyclopedia, recording various knowledge that might be of note. Make of it what you will. I'll be going now."

Arcanum vel Vitrum
Attempt to retrieve information from within.
Surprisingly heavy.

Ziras then turns away, walking to the front of the airship where he begins to cast a spell. From the looks of it, he is summoning immense amounts of mana to fuel whatever he is doing.
Nos watches Bohw walk off, looking slightly off-put. He does notice the commotion with Myra and Mayor, but dismisses it nonchalantly and stares out over the railing of the ship, facing away from the rest of the party.

SpoilerShow
apologies. i've been claimed by Dark Souls.
==>

SpoilerShow
With a crackling of magical energies, Ziras tears apart a hole in reality, and magic rushes in to fill the gap, forming a portal in its place, leading to a room with a stone floor and several sandstone columns standing in rows. He calls for the refugees to pass through, straining with keeping the portal open by feeding it tremendous amounts of magic. Eventually, the survivors are all through and Ziras turns to look back on you.

"I pray we will meet again. Winds favor you until then." He says, then jumps through, the portal vanishing behind him, leaving behind a rapidly-dwindling black hole in its place, until that too is gone.

Meanwhile, Selphy appears to not have set a specific course and has ignored the previous suggestion that she do so. She seems ready to obey such a command now, though.

SpoilerShow
Bohw stares at Ziras as he channels his spell, all up till he vanishes into the portal with the rest of the survivors. She groans, thinking she probably should of said something, but anything that came to mind came far too late. Instead, she looks down at the artifact that was handed to her, looking at it quizzically. Ziras said it could answer some questions and Bohw had a lot of questions that needed answering.

And several questions immediately came to mind, where was Thunderpaw? Is there any way to stop her curse? What are these monsters they've been fighting? But for one reason or another, Bohw was reluctant to ask these questions. The most important thing at the end of the day was these crystals they've been hunting, after how many people had died for them, the party had to retrieve the stolen ones from that rabbit bastard and grab the rest of them while they're at it.

Bohw taps the steel box in the centre, "Okay, box thing!" she snaps at it, "Tell me the location of the unknown shard we are searching for!"

She stares at it, having trouble understanding the device. "You know the one!"
The metallic box remains unresponsive. However, as you tap it you can feel the magic that courses across its surface. Theres some kind of indentation on the front where most of the magic seems to stream to and from. You are not familiar with the type of magical structure that seems to have been used in creating the box.
Annoyed, Bohw flips the device over and shakes it a few times, eventually catching eye of the obvious indentation. Cautiously, she places her finger into the indent to provoke some kind of response.

"...Shard locations?"
Myra glowers at Bohw and her new trinket in envy. That is literally a box of information, and Myra's sitting here, unable to poke and prod at the thing as she's forced to rest and recover. Healing all of those citizens took a bit out of her, so for now, the ravenfolk knows she must rest. She doesn't even think it would be a good idea to perform any divinations in the state she is. Ahh, well. She'll just settle with reading her Book of Warding. It's quite interesting, after all.
Savannah watches Ziras leave, leaning against the sidebar of the airship. She snickers at Bohw's fiddlings with the box. Now that there aren't any people on the brink of death on the ship anymore, Savannah sets herself on the task of healing her battered teammates. She notices Myra brooding over her book and rolls her eyes.
Watson took a repose, as getting survivors (who were on their last legs) to simply drink from a cup was harder than he thought.

So he lied down on the ship and allowed himself to be healed by Savannah while he slept.
SpoilerShow

Bohw stares off into the horizon, everyone oblivious to what's exactly is going on, except possibly Myra. Either way, she seems to be completely unresponsive to everything around her, as she mutters things to herself in some kind of trance.

Eventually, her blank gaze turns to back to the steel box and she manages to speak something loud enough to be audible. "Forge. Where is the forge." Bohw asks, her voice worryingly hollow and distant.
SpoilerShow

And then suddenly, Bohw freaks out and drops the metal box on the deck of the airship, flinching back at the sight of the artifact. "Someone else needs to have a look at this thing," She comments, before turning over to Mael, Taran and Torhold to ask a question. "Hey, you three know a bit about this area, yeah? Are there any uh... great cities with caverns underneath them? Where the lines would run? This magic box is not giving me much to work with."
Taran and Torhald just look confused, but Mael frowns in thought. "Valonar is supposed to have been built on top of some kind of cave, or atleast thats what the story claims. It wasnt always the capital, but apparently some king decided to build his new seat of power there. Dont know why. Dont know anything about any lines either."