Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
Feeling remorse (and a little bit swooned after being swept up like that) from Ziras, Bohw grits her teeth and grabs her arm tightly, she somewhat understands the pain he feels right now. But she pulls herself back into reality when she realises Mayor is still on the ground!

She runs over to the side of the ship, spotting Mayor down below. Bohw goes to cry out, but she watches the golem wordlessly raise his hist above his head, as the horde brutally beats on him. Energy seems to be gathering around his outstretched arm, Bohw can't believe what she is seeing, the pose, his weightlessness, his bended knees, surely Mayor isn't that crazy?

Mayor waits, absorbing the attacks as he stalls for as much time as possible, until suddenly, he brings his fist down on the Shade! The impact makes a thunderous explosion, knocking the demons to the ground and throwing Mayor high up in the sky! Bohw can't help but stare in shock as he shoots past the ship. She scowls, wanting to scold Mayor for doing something so reckless, but she has to settle for barking at everyone else, grabbing her bow and pulling the string back tight as she does so. (Begin charging)

"Selphy! Get us out of here! Myra, Ziras! Keep everyone alive! And Nos!"

"Nos...? Nos, what-?! What are you doing?!"
(Ziras and Thunderpaw in the sulk corner.)

(Come to the feels side of the force)
As he watches his spell take effect, Nos hears Watson blabbering about something. Before he can ask anything, Nos finds himself catching a rather exquisite sword that he vaguely recalls coveting in the past. But before he can shout anything back, he perks up and starts looking around wildly.

Soon his eyes settle on a radiantly-winged Ziras carrying Bohw back to the ship, and his expression twists at this sight. As Bohw demands to know what he's doing he forces a wide grin and shouts "I'm just drawing their attention, oh great leader! Uh, more fun for us!". He turns around again and stares down the deck out at the city, away from Bohw.

Do I usually sound so irritatingly high-pitched?

SpoilerShow
Bohw cringes in response to being called a 'great leader', in all fairness, Nos' entire statement doesn't sit very well with her. But she pouts and bears with it, whatever in the gods' names he doing is probably a mystery to him too.

"I'm happy you're not dead, at least!" she shouts back, "And I don't want that happening anytime soon, so whatever you're doing, try not to die!"
Myra stopped in the midst of battle to throw up her arms and give her leader an incredulous look, with an even more ridiculous, high-pitched reply, "What do you think I'm doing!? Did you NOT just see the absolutely-amazing stunts I pulled on those monsters? Even Savannah approved!- Oh wait, no you didn't see, you were way over there...Either way, YOU had better keep YOURSELF alive, and you can start by going into that healing circle by Selphy!"

Myra pointed the Grovekeeper towards the enemy monsters, channeling her magic through the staff, "I will not falter any time soon!" Myra emphasizes this point by unleashing Genesis upon her enemies!

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Watson almost looked offended! But no, he merely extended his sword to keep the corshar from tearing him to pieces for the moment while he brushes off some debris from his arms. He then used the sword to rise as he spoke.

"You know, if you want to revel with the best, you need only go to hell", and at this, a gruff expression comes over Watson's face as flames were spewed from his mouth, engulfing the black abomination in alcoholic fire. No one knows how it combusts inside his mouth, but at this point, it's best not to know, lest you combust yourself in attempting to reproduce Watson's fantastic results.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
"Yeah, not so tough now, are ya oh my god." Savannah watches as the guy gets ripped to shreds. She blinks away her surprise and lashes at said monster with her spear.
(According to my calculations this game should update in a bit less than a week from now. I better get my action in!)

Selphy casts a new barrier around herself to prevent more flappy darkness birds from trying to carry her off again and raises the airships altitude.

"Mr Ziras, if you can keep flying like that, this ship isn't at full capacity yet. I think you can drag about a dozen people on board before we leave. Try to pick people who won't die horribly from the attackers."
(Actually Bohw is pretty mangled I just now realized.

So uh, maybe she should take Myra's advice and move to the healing circle. She does that, what with nothing else to do.)
Nos breaks from his focus with a sigh. "Ugh, I'm on my own in this then." He mutters to himself, before finally paying attention to the mass of corshar still swarming around. "I suppose we're leaving soon, then?" He yells, asking whoever could answer him since he doesn't recall who owns the airship.

He claps his hands together and then points one finger at the fore of the ship. His brow furrows as he meets some resistance for what he's trying to do, but eventually his expression softens as he seems to meet success. A tiny black dot appears where his finger is pointing, leaving a smoky trail behind as Nos traces a line around the edge of the ship. The smoke begins to waft into the sky, creating a ring of smoke around the edge of the ship. Enemies on and boarding the ship will be gripped by the Bane of Aggression, the smoke grasping at them and holding them back from attacking.

SpoilerShow
[Image: 0MwqQE4.png]

(03-19-2014, 06:07 PM)BlazerC Wrote: »Feeling remorse (and a little bit swooned after being swept up like that) from Ziras, Bohw grits her teeth and grabs her arm tightly, she somewhat understands the pain he feels right now. But she pulls herself back into reality when she realises Mayor is still on the ground!

She runs over to the side of the ship, spotting Mayor down below. Bohw goes to cry out, but she watches the golem wordlessly raise his hist above his head, as the horde brutally beats on him. Energy seems to be gathering around his outstretched arm, Bohw can't believe what she is seeing, the pose, his weightlessness, his bended knees, surely Mayor isn't that crazy?

Mayor waits, absorbing the attacks as he stalls for as much time as possible, until suddenly, he brings his fist down on the Shade! The impact makes a thunderous explosion, knocking the demons to the ground and throwing Mayor high up in the sky! Bohw can't help but stare in shock as he shoots past the ship. She scowls, wanting to scold Mayor for doing something so reckless, but she has to settle for barking at everyone else, grabbing her bow and pulling the string back tight as she does so. (Begin charging)

"Selphy! Get us out of here! Myra, Ziras! Keep everyone alive! And Nos!"

"Nos...? Nos, what-?! What are you doing?!"

The horde beats on Mayor ineffectually, inflicting 510 damage! Mayor then brings his fist down on the shade, dealing only 37 damage (roll 1+5) but launching himself into the air, where he floats about above the airship!

Bohw gets her CHARGE on. Something is about to get hurt.

(03-20-2014, 05:45 AM)Frolic Wrote: »Myra stopped in the midst of battle to throw up her arms and give her leader an incredulous look, with an even more ridiculous, high-pitched reply, "What do you think I'm doing!? Did you NOT just see the absolutely-amazing stunts I pulled on those monsters? Even Savannah approved!- Oh wait, no you didn't see, you were way over there...Either way, YOU had better keep YOURSELF alive, and you can start by going into that healing circle by Selphy!"

Myra pointed the Grovekeeper towards the enemy monsters, channeling her magic through the staff, "I will not falter any time soon!" Myra emphasizes this point by unleashing Genesis upon her enemies!

Instead of unleashing some devastating spell, the staff fills you with a gentle warmth, and you watch as flora practically erupts from the ground around you in an expanding ring of growing plants, until the floor of the airship is practically teeming with plantlife. And though this doesnt seem all that useful, you notice that the magic settles of Savannah and Bohw, binding their wounds together and healing them for 656 health each! (Roll 20+7-2, crit)

Ofcourse, since there are now plants everywhere, that also has the effect of switching Savannah to her magical mode. Oh and you've now discovered the fourth effect of Genesis, which you choose to access specifically if you spend an additional turn focusing before casting Genesis.

(03-22-2014, 03:20 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Watson almost looked offended! But no, he merely extended his sword to keep the corshar from tearing him to pieces for the moment while he brushes off some debris from his arms. He then used the sword to rise as he spoke.

"You know, if you want to revel with the best, you need only go to hell", and at this, a gruff expression comes over Watson's face as flames were spewed from his mouth, engulfing the black abomination in alcoholic fire. No one knows how it combusts inside his mouth, but at this point, it's best not to know, lest you combust yourself in attempting to reproduce Watson's fantastic results.

Getting out from under the beasts' furious assault proves more difficult than first expected, but you eventually manage to get to your feet long enough to breathe a cone of fire in its face, burninating it and three of its friends for 210 damage! (roll 2+6)

It then tries to rip you apart again, but only really manages to wave its stabby-arms around in confusion, blinded by your wave of fire. (Hit 1+3 Vs Defense 10)

(03-22-2014, 03:26 AM)SupahKiven Wrote: »"Yeah, not so tough now, are ya oh my god." Savannah watches as the guy gets ripped to shreds. She blinks away her surprise and lashes at said monster with her spear.

Before your strength fades, you stab the corshar for 315 damage (roll 12+6)

It then replies by stabbing you right back for 255 damage.

(03-22-2014, 05:43 PM)Supernerd Wrote: »Selphy casts a new barrier around herself to prevent more flappy darkness birds from trying to carry her off again and raises the airships altitude.

"Mr Ziras, if you can keep flying like that, this ship isn't at full capacity yet. I think you can drag about a dozen people on board before we leave. Try to pick people who won't die horribly from the attackers."

"I think i have a better idea." He says, then casts a spell. With a flash of magic, a bearded fellow in bloodied half-plate wielding a massive hammer appears next to Ziras. He mutters something about not dying just yet, then goes to join the other's holding the railing.

Meanwhile you shield yourself for 525 damage (roll 14+16) and get the airship geared to leave.

(03-23-2014, 03:34 PM)Dais Wrote: »Nos breaks from his focus with a sigh. "Ugh, I'm on my own in this then." He mutters to himself, before finally paying attention to the mass of corshar still swarming around. "I suppose we're leaving soon, then?" He yells, asking whoever could answer him since he doesn't recall who owns the airship.

He claps his hands together and then points one finger at the fore of the ship. His brow furrows as he meets some resistance for what he's trying to do, but eventually his expression softens as he seems to meet success. A tiny black dot appears where his finger is pointing, leaving a smoky trail behind as Nos traces a line around the edge of the ship. The smoke begins to waft into the sky, creating a ring of smoke around the edge of the ship. Enemies on and boarding the ship will be gripped by the Bane of Aggression, the smoke grasping at them and holding them back from attacking.

You bring forth a field of cursed smoke which clings to the monsters, rendering them increasingly ineffective by reducing their power by 30! (Roll 14+11, crit)

---

Mael stabs another corshar! It takes 158 damage and dies. (roll 2+4+3)

Having no further targets of high priority to shoot at, Torhald leaves the turret and rushes to Savannah's aid, viciously slashing her assailant for 450 damage! (roll 11+4+5, crit)

Taran finishes off the monster he smashed last turn.

The shade takes to the air, hovering in front of the airship for a brief moment. "Silence!" It says, almost accusingly, then dives straight for Nos, swinging its ebon blade at him! However, it only deals 170 damage!

The dark figure drains another 150 health from everyone.

Stats
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

With the Regnant Corshar occupying itself with being on fire, its own stupidity and aimless swings, Watson reminds himself that his soul is being torn apart and he should probably do something about that. He looks in the direction of the Cordraal that's been chanting something. Watson infers that it is the cause of this ethereal assault on his comrades and resolves to end it.

"I ask of anyone, repair my wounds, so I may end this creature's unholy breach upon us once and for all." Watson looked ahead at the Cordraal with determination at its coming doom.

EDIT:
SpoilerShow
Bohw's panic begins to subside as he stamina returns to her, the strange atmosphere of all the plants growing out of the ship's hull seeming calming. The situation is still rather dire however, what they need is somekind of large, sweeping attack to destroy all the monsters aboard as Selphy flies off. She instinctively turns to Ziras, as he knows some big magical attacks, but something clicks in her head before she runs off.

"Oy!" Bohw shouts, "I got an idea! That thing you did!" Turning on her heels and running over to Nos' side, jumping bodies and weaving between chaos. Gripping her longbow as it rattles with energy, Bohw throws a open hand in front of Nos. "Dance with me!"

Mayor floats aimlessly in the air, he hadn't had much idea of what to follow up his retreat with, for now he spins around and gets a good look from his position, trying to evaluate whats the best he can do for everyone else.

SpoilerShow
Savannah sighs in surprise as magic flows into her, knitting her wounds together. She cracks her neck and grins.

"Alright, now we're talkin'!" Savannah splays her hands out, grinning maniacally. The plants around her spiral to life, dancing as though they're actually alive. She clenches her hands and the plants explode in a flurry of pollen and oils, activating Aromatherapy.
SpoilerShow

"...Well that worked out nicely, if not unexpectedly!" The Ravenfolk lets out a relieved little huff as she watches Savannah and Bohw look progressively healthier. She bears witness to the dark signal, and to the consequences of the shade attacking Nos. Oh, Nos! "He's back," she exclaims her pleasant surprise, "You were out for so long!" Unfortunately, her greeting was cut short by the need to weave out of enemies and allies in-combat. That in turn brings her back to the situation at hand.

Myra pays no heed to Watson's plight, only giving him a pat on the shoulder as she comes up from behind him, "Wait. It's obviously stronger than our typical monster. Before you make any commitments with that thing, let's see exactly where we stand against it." Taking the lead, she stores her new staff away, and equips her Silken Strands and Wraith's Jewel. Myra Activates her Wraith's Jewel to turn her whip magic, and lashes out at the Cordraal!

((Wraithstrike & -20% Power from 2 successful Double Scourge Silken Strand hits, LET'S GO LET'S GO LET'S GOOOO!!

Also my excuse for Myra being able to reach the Cordraal with her whip is 1) long whip and 2) magic. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it. ))
SpoilerShow
the shade is on the deck so you dont need an excuse

Quote:-would watson's sword and verdant gem still work inside the Cage?

-does the Vase still heal for 200 health each charge? If not, how is it worth 120 gold????

-is it possible for Watson to take his turn after ALL his allies and still before the Cordraal?

the sword would not work. as for the gem, im not telling you. remember that any buffs you are given will also be rendered useless, including aromatherapy.

the vase's healing has not changed.

you can always delay your action until a certain point if you would like. this is useful if you can see a way to actually make use of that, but acting in certain order is not always good because i often switch some actions around because of writing reasons, and sometimes that is a good thing to you. (other times, not so much)
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
nah there needs to be a significant amount of foliage about

you could probably cast a spell making a lot of stuff sprout but youd have to roll really well (or use multiple turns) to get enough
Okay so I was re-reading the thread and:

SpoilerShow
damnit blazer

buff mayor up a couple of times and fire the lazor, see what happens
Selphy casts Restoration on Taran and pilots the ship away from the battlefield.
SpoilerShow

Nos cocks an eyebrow at Bohw as she runs up to him. "Eh? Dance? What good would that accomplish in the middle of a battle? I mean..." He extends a hand towards Bohw, clearly thinking of something completely different from what she is, but then suddenly pulls it back to clutch his head again as he grimaces.

"Agh... a moment, please."