Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
Bohw scratches her nose as she tries to gauge just how high up she is. With her on the rooftops, she's only about two stories high which isn't impossible to get down from, but with all the beasts climbing up to greet her makes the whole situation just that little bit more difficult. Thinking quickly, she takes handful of smoke bombs, hopefully the ensuing smokescreen will allow her to slide down the building to ground level, then retreat to Ziras' side.

Meanwhile down in the midst of the combat, Mayor stands upright, still recoiling from the attack he just did. But he does not deter, instead stares down the shade before him as his torn armor begins to bend back into shape and a radiant light gleans off his body. Suddenly, multicoloured crystals protrude from the many ruptures in his body, sealing holes as the crystalline growth covers his body, it's not long until a half-armor, half crystal golem stands in the battlefield!

Slowly, Mayor raises his shield, making some groaning, clicking noise, as a disembodied voice echos from behind him.

I Awaken.

SpoilerShow
(03-11-2014, 12:37 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »I Awaken.

SpoilerShow
exams be over! maybe i can be productive now

yea right
I believe that the standard procedure is to delay the games progression when something comes up, then use your previous update speed as an excuse to permanently reduce the update speed. For example: if you go on a three week vacation, updates will be slowed to once per three weeks long after the vacation ends.
(Supernerd, eat a snickers. You're grumpy when you're hungry.)

(Consider that most games DIE after a vacation and be glad we've gone on this long! That's dedication in my book! :D )
but... i dont even go on vacations...
"what do you mean it's been a week and we've moved three feet"
[Image: 0MwqQE4.png]

(03-08-2014, 07:56 PM)SupahKiven Wrote: »"Hurk!-" Savannah grabs at her chest as she feels the life drain out of her. She draws in a quick breath of air and turns to Mael and the survivors on the ship.

"Let's kill these shadow bastards!" Hopefully drawing a cheer or something from the crowd, Savannah turns and attacks one of the Regent Corshar with her spear.

While there are no cheers, the survivors who can still stand charge into battle with you! You stab the biggest and meanest corshar you can find for 350 damage (roll 14+6). It replies by bowling you over, dealing 90 damage. However, before it can start the inevitably slash-everything routine, a large burly man barrels into it, knocking it over in turn! Dual wielding what appears to be splintered table legs and bleeding from atleast three different injuries that you can see, he goes to town on the critter's face with a barrage of strikes, dealing 285 damage (roll 16+3). More importantly, he got the beastie off of you.

(03-09-2014, 01:41 AM)Frolic Wrote: »Oh, it looks like the monsters have stopped coming from that large sword! That probably isn't exactly good news, but at least we can shave down the numbers against us! Myra acts as Watson's Familiar now, sending a telepathic message to him. "Take out that flier with the ship's guns, will you?"

Myra changes to her Human Form, and notices something in the corner of her eye. Oh yeah, that staff Razan held! "Lucky me!" Myra whoops as she makes a dash for the staff, and has no hesitation in using it! Myra exacts Punishment on the two Regnant Corshar to test the staff out.

Grovekeeper
Natural Empathy - Animals consider you an ally, and may choose to aid you.
+4 Affinity
+4 Sincerity
Grants the ability Genesis.
Genesis: Cast one out of four spells, chosen at random. Cd 14
I was a... gardener... once.

While clearly not the kind of thing you whack other things with, you just go right ahead anyway, not giving a damn! And you know what? You just rolled double twenties.

So you become a fine human lady, walk over and pick up this gnarled branch, finest staff you ever saw, and then you do a couple of backflips because you can until you find yourself hurtling feet-first towards a big mean shadow demon, whom you proceed to use as a springboard. You land on your feet, it lands on its back, and your new staff lands in its face. Twice. Not wasting a moment, you spin and knock the feet from out under the second corshar with a blow from your staff, then follow up with a solid smash to its chest that would have shattered ribs if the damn thing had actually had any. Having already been weakened by Savannah, thats enough to kill it, and it puffs to mist! You then spin again just as the first one is getting up, which is fine by you because you send it flying off the edge of the airship with a solid strike from the butt of the staff.

Oh, and you dealt 1299 damage to each of them. Job well done. (roll 20+13, crit) It appears Thunderpaw no longer has the record for highest damage done in one turn! (I think? I didnt actually keep track of that or anything)

(03-09-2014, 04:57 PM)Supernerd Wrote: »Selphy empowers the Healing Circle further, while simultaneously launching the Artillery Cannon at the most obvious group of lame generic shadow monsters.

You make the healing circle heal for more. It will now heal everyone for 105 health. (Roll 20+9-3)

You then try to shoot the artillery cannon aswell! It goes... pretty well actually. You shoot a group of baddies that had been about to finish off some badly wounded soldiers below. The blast doesnt kill them, though, so all you really managed to do was delay them for a moment. (roll 8+9)

(03-10-2014, 02:17 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »"Oh! Well then, that, I may just do!" Watson states, as he runs to the gattling gun and takes out the 'flying monster'.

Unfortunately, the gattling gun is occupied by Torhald! So you just go to the heavy rifle instead. Both of you train your respective guns on the remaining flier. Torhald pelts it with a storm of bullets for 648 damage (roll 4+4, crit), and you seal the deal with a single high-powered bullet, dealing 398 damage (roll 7+6). It seems the gattling gun is just plain better at dealing with this kind of critter.

(03-11-2014, 12:37 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »Bohw scratches her nose as she tries to gauge just how high up she is. With her on the rooftops, she's only about two stories high which isn't impossible to get down from, but with all the beasts climbing up to greet her makes the whole situation just that little bit more difficult. Thinking quickly, she takes handful of smoke bombs, hopefully the ensuing smokescreen will allow her to slide down the building to ground level, then retreat to Ziras' side.

Meanwhile down in the midst of the combat, Mayor stands upright, still recoiling from the attack he just did. But he does not deter, instead stares down the shade before him as his torn armor begins to bend back into shape and a radiant light gleans off his body. Suddenly, multicoloured crystals protrude from the many ruptures in his body, sealing holes as the crystalline growth covers his body, it's not long until a half-armor, half crystal golem stands in the battlefield!

Slowly, Mayor raises his shield, making some groaning, clicking noise, as a disembodied voice echos from behind him.

I Awaken.

You drop a smokebomb, then prepare to make a run for it! As you reach the ground, though, several things lash out at you with their vicious claws! It looks like your smokescreen was not exactly a success (roll 6+5). You take a total of 270 damage. At this point, the only thing you can do is run, so run you do! There are things chasing you, but you make it to the buckling line of soldiers before they can catch up, then make your way to Ziras.

Mayor meanwhile activates Selfless, gaining 147 health regeneration, 74 damage reduction, aswell as 41% Power and Healing reduction. (Rolls 9+5 & 11)

He then immediately gets stabbed by the shade for 280 damage. It doesnt look impressed. Then again, it doesnt have a face to look impressed with.

---

Ziras conjures a massive flamestrike, roasting the shadow demons Selphy shot at. They're dead. (Roll 18+8, crit)

Taran continues being shiny, healing himself and Selphy for 256 health and Watson for 532 (roll 11+4). He tries to whack one of the baddies with his mace, but ends up missing horribly. (Hit 2+3 Vs Defense 5)

Mael finishes off the critter he stabbed last round with a precise slice, dealing 333 damage (roll 12+4+3).

The persistant corshar thats been bugging Selphy the last few turns gets lucky and deals 150 damage!

Meanwhile, out of the other four remaining monsters onboard, only one actually manages to be useful, dealing 146 damage to Savannah.

Your life continues to be siphoned away! Everyone aboard the airship takes 210 damage.

Stats
SpoilerShow
(The Vacation comment was aimed at me, Chim.)

While the beast is unimpressed with Mayor's transformation, he himself is even less impressed by the demon as he stands his ground in response to the attack. Mayor lurches forward as he focuses himself, an irritable scraping noise is heard as he channels the energy.

Bohw however, is busy chewing Ziras' ear off. "Ziras!" She shouts, arming herself with more explosives. "Stop loafing about, things are not going to get better here! We have to leave, right now! Whenever you like it or not!"

If Bohw is ignored, she promptly gives Ziras five across the face and repeats herself. If he listens, she covers them with a shower of concussion bombs as they retreat.

But suddenly, Mayor stretches out and lets out a guttural roar that seems to shake the ground! The intimidating noise seems to be felt more than heard, as gravity seems to shift slightly towards the raging golem. Crashing his fist against the shield, Mayor taunts all the monsters nearby with a smug pride, he's fully aware that he resembles a certain traitorous elemental right now, he plans to abuse that fact.
SpoilerShow

Nothing like a new toy to make a Ravenfolk feel good! Myra waves the Grovekeeper in circular motions above her head, channeling her magic through it. She summons another gale to knock more enemies off-deck, then yells down to allies below, "Hey, get up here! We gotta go while we still can!"
Savannah turns the smash against her into a roll when she doesn't feel claws raking across her body. She slides to a stop and flashes the man that saved her a thumbs up and a smile. She then gets the pleasure of seeing Myra brutalize the two corshar. Maybe she should be nicer to the Ravenfolk.

"Holy hell, thanks!" Savannah shouts to Myra, then whirls around to deal with the monster that just attacked her, impaling it with her spear.
(03-14-2014, 09:42 PM)chimericWilder Wrote: »Oh, and you dealt 1299 damage to each of them. Job well done. (roll 20+13, crit) It appears Thunderpaw no longer has the record for highest damage done in one turn! (I think? I didnt actually keep track of that or anything)

VS Kraine- 1400
VS Hydra- 1500
VS Skeletal Leader- 2223
Myra's Attack- 2598

(Still have most damage to a single enemy. Myra cheated; she hit two things >.>)

SpoilerShow
oh yes, that was a thing sjasogun posted sometime towards the end of A New Dawn i think, i have no idea what the occasion was other than Mayor being Mayor

also, i always thought punishment was that thing where you punched things with the whip?
:u I thought you said over Steam that it could be used through means other than whips? Dag nabbit, now I feel stupid. Never mind, then.
nah you can do whatever you want as long as you atleast try to include sense in it

but if you expect a certain kind of flavor and that is not a thing that is actually stated anywhere... well im not a mind reader
You may not be a mind reader, Chim, but you've quite the knack for pulling awesomeness out of nowhere! Nevertheless, I'll take care to be specific as necessary. I still have trouble figuring out what I need to say/define, and what I don't...But yeah, duly noted!

@MasterBlade: You do not know how long I have waited for the moment Myra would break Thunderpaw's record. B)
It took an entire army's worth of Vendetta to get that flat 2000+ :c

Just gunna need to upgrade Vendetta next level and aim higher.
well you did level up since that vendetta so you would hit harder now regardless

i also dont think you even rolled optimally at the time
>Selphy just conjures a new Healing Circle. And maybe fired that Heavy Rifle at the Cor-whatever that kept attacking her. Yeah, my interest in this game is falling again.
Watson slaps Supernerd with a trout for e'er thinking such dastardly thoughts Why? I know I'm having fun slowly dying. Maybe you should put Selphy in a lot more danger so that the suspension builds up every time chim delays!

Look! Over there! That Cordraal wants to be friends with you! Selphy should try hugging it to death
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
that is too bad. but inevitable when you refuse to be affected by anything.
[Image: airship_sprite_by_stormandy-d42d8yf.gif]Everything's hunky dory in Selphy airship world!
[Image: tumblr_mwml50JNMY1s4c4oao1_500.gif]
SpoilerShow
((Everything's aces as the airship races yes indeed))

Nos wakes groggily, the METEORS, EXPLOSIONS, FIRE, AND MOTION SICKNESS finally bringing him to (because who really -could- sleep through all that?). He groans as he gets up, though his wounds have been well-tended to for a while now. He clutches his head and is still for a moment. The ship is not, of course, but he keeps his balance and relaxes his posture slightly.

"This ship seems familiar. Heheh, too familiar." The laugh comes out forced, and Nos is silent and reflects on that for a moment. Something's going on. I don't think I have a lot of time. Have to hurry. Where is everyone? The sounds of combat catch Nos's attention properly. He grabs his hammer and races above deck.

What's going on above deck?

Nos quickly climbs out onto the deck and takes in what's going on. Back in the town, monsters everywhere,

This is a waste of time. I should try to swiftly oust all these rats, but I can't help but feel like there's a more effective way. With a flourish, Nos begins weaving black strands out of the air. He carefully forms a swirling sphere out of them, which he caresses for a moment before releasing it into the air. It travels upwards lazily, and after getting quite a distance above the airship it starts to expand outwards more rapidly, creating a field of expanding darkness as it does so. A strange sound starts to emit from the ball as it does so, starting faint and growing into a harsh and high-pitched noise that demands attention.

SpoilerShow
Watson is alarmed as he hears something "dark" as he would describe it. It doesn't seem to hurt him as it does the corshar, who seem quite annoyed by it. As he looks towards the source of the sound, Watson is relieved to see his friend roused by the sounds of battle! And the shrieks of the various abominations around them, too, probably!

"Nos! I have an offer! It involves pain and money, the latter doled out after you deal the former to our adversaries! For now, catch!"

Watson lifts his hat for a moment to brandish a glimmering sword, which he then throws to Nos! Nos can totally catch it, right? "Absolutely, no doubt about it!" in Watson's mind.

Meanwhile, Watson had been trying to aim the Heavy Rifle at that parasitic Cordraal, but Selphy keeps fussing with him over the use of the weapon! Oh well, it's the lady's ship after all. He submits, and tries handling the artillery cannon instead, aiming it at a group of corshar.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
[Image: 0MwqQE4.png]

(03-14-2014, 11:10 PM)BlazerC Wrote: »While the beast is unimpressed with Mayor's transformation, he himself is even less impressed by the demon as he stands his ground in response to the attack. Mayor lurches forward as he focuses himself, an irritable scraping noise is heard as he channels the energy.

Bohw however, is busy chewing Ziras' ear off. "Ziras!" She shouts, arming herself with more explosives. "Stop loafing about, things are not going to get better here! We have to leave, right now! Whenever you like it or not!"

If Bohw is ignored, she promptly gives Ziras five across the face and repeats herself. If he listens, she covers them with a shower of concussion bombs as they retreat.

But suddenly, Mayor stretches out and lets out a guttural roar that seems to shake the ground! The intimidating noise seems to be felt more than heard, as gravity seems to shift slightly towards the raging golem. Crashing his fist against the shield, Mayor taunts all the monsters nearby with a smug pride, he's fully aware that he resembles a certain traitorous elemental right now, he plans to abuse that fact.

Ziras ignores you at first. Then you slap him, and he slowly winds down.

"You're right. Again i have proven to be too weak."

He stands there amidst the chaos, slowly shaking his head in resignation. "Years of preparation, useless. I only wish i could have done more..."

Then Mayor roars, a resonating cry that draws many of the surrounding beasties to throw their rage against him, and so they do, clawing and slashing and tearing, dealing a total of 534! And yet he stands strong, because guess who has damage reduction? Even the shade's blow for 300 damage does not halt him just yet.

"We've got to get out of here. Come."

Ziras wastes no further time and scoops Bohw up. Holding her, Ziras leaps into the air, a pair of radiant wings materializing on his back as he flies aboard the airship. "And so i condemn my people to death." He mutters as he lands. You also managed to drop a couple bombs behind you as he flew you away, dealing 161 damage to the shade and the things around it.

(03-14-2014, 11:20 PM)Frolic Wrote: »Nothing like a new toy to make a Ravenfolk feel good! Myra waves the Grovekeeper in circular motions above her head, channeling her magic through it. She summons another gale to knock more enemies off-deck, then yells down to allies below, "Hey, get up here! We gotta go while we still can!"

You summon a gust of wind, blowing two corshari clean off of the ship! (roll 6+7-2)

(03-14-2014, 11:56 PM)SupahKiven Wrote: »Savannah turns the smash against her into a roll when she doesn't feel claws raking across her body. She slides to a stop and flashes the man that saved her a thumbs up and a smile. She then gets the pleasure of seeing Myra brutalize the two corshar. Maybe she should be nicer to the Ravenfolk.

"Holy hell, thanks!" Savannah shouts to Myra, then whirls around to deal with the monster that just attacked her, impaling it with her spear.

You finish off the beast with an impaling jab for 403 damage (roll 17+6) before it can maul you again. It disperses into mist, but its place is soon taken by another of its kind, leaping over the railing! It rips the man who helped you apart, then sets its eyes on you.

(03-18-2014, 12:29 AM)Supernerd Wrote: »>Selphy just conjures a new Healing Circle. And maybe fired that Heavy Rifle at the Cor-whatever that kept attacking her. Yeah, my interest in this game is falling again.

You cast a new healing circle. This one will heal for 36 health per turn for 4 turns. (Roll 18+9-3)

You then blast the thing that had been harassing you to pieces with a well-aimed shot from the rifle, dealing 704 damage. (roll 17+6)

(03-18-2014, 09:30 PM)Dais Wrote: »Nos wakes groggily, the METEORS, EXPLOSIONS, FIRE, AND MOTION SICKNESS finally bringing him to (because who really -could- sleep through all that?). He groans as he gets up, though his wounds have been well-tended to for a while now. He clutches his head and is still for a moment. The ship is not, of course, but he keeps his balance and relaxes his posture slightly.

"This ship seems familiar. Heheh, too familiar." The laugh comes out forced, and Nos is silent and reflects on that for a moment. Something's going on. I don't think I have a lot of time. Have to hurry. Where is everyone? The sounds of combat catch Nos's attention properly. He grabs his hammer and races above deck.

What's going on above deck?

Nos quickly climbs out onto the deck and takes in what's going on. Back in the town, monsters everywhere,

This is a waste of time. I should try to swiftly oust all these rats, but I can't help but feel like there's a more effective way. With a flourish, Nos begins weaving black strands out of the air. He carefully forms a swirling sphere out of them, which he caresses for a moment before releasing it into the air. It travels upwards lazily, and after getting quite a distance above the airship it starts to expand outwards more rapidly, creating a field of expanding darkness as it does so. A strange sound starts to emit from the ball as it does so, starting faint and growing into a harsh and high-pitched noise that demands attention.

SpoilerShow

Nos returns, and immediately starts doing nigh-incomprehensible things, starting out by sending a black sphere sky-wards! Though the sphere's purpose is not immediately evident to those watching, it seems to have immediately earned the attention of a large portion of the nearby monsters, who have by now broken the defender's lines below. And while many of them work on butchering the survivors, an even larger number now turn towards the airship! (Roll 18+11, crit)

And not wasting a moment, Nos gets out a bottle, catching some of the dark smoke of a nearby felled corshar within. Never know when you might need a bottle of doomsday, right?

Nos then catches the nice-looking sword that was thrown at him. It gleams with power.

(03-19-2014, 01:59 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Watson is alarmed as he hears something "dark" as he would describe it. It doesn't seem to hurt him as it does the corshar, who seem quite annoyed by it. As he looks towards the source of the sound, Watson is relieved to see his friend roused by the sounds of battle! And the shrieks of the various abominations around them, too, probably!

"Nos! I have an offer! It involves pain and money, the latter doled out after you deal the former to our adversaries! For now, catch!"

Watson lifts his hat for a moment to brandish a glimmering sword, which he then throws to Nos! Nos can totally catch it, right? "Absolutely, no doubt about it!" in Watson's mind.

Meanwhile, Watson had been trying to aim the Heavy Rifle at that parasitic Cordraal, but Selphy keeps fussing with him over the use of the weapon! Oh well, it's the lady's ship after all. He submits, and tries handling the artillery cannon instead, aiming it at a group of corshar.

Well theres a convenient group rapidly gathering around Mayor, so you shoot those, blasting a hole in their ranks. You've got Mayor's metal back.

---

Mael lunges at a nearby corshar, stabbing it for 368 damage! (Roll 3+4, crit)

Torhald lets loose another barrage of bullets, this time on the shade below. He only deals a pathetic 63 damage this time (roll 3+4), most of the bullets striking the other dark creatures surrounding the shade.

Taran heals Torhald, Ziras and Bohw for 341 each (roll 9+4)! However, the light radiating off of him then fades, leaving him to be just normal, boring Taran. Who promptly smashes a corshar for 420 damage. (Roll 20+4)

The armored figure continues siphoning the life of everyone aboard, dealing 428 damage!! Several of the survivors cant take it, and become ex-survivors.

Three corshari attack Myra! Only one of them actually manages to hit, dealing 38 damage. Two attack Savannah, one of them managing to do 45 damage. Two attack Mael. He parries one attack, then takes 135 damage from the other.

The largest corshar charges at Watson, pinning him against the turret he was operating and slashing at him for 198 damage!

Stats
SpoilerShow