Music

Poll: Your musical genre?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
35.23%
31 35.23%
No
21.59%
19 21.59%
All of the above
43.18%
38 43.18%
Total 88 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Music
RE: Music
(02-20-2014, 02:52 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »This is too house I can't deal

it is gud
SpoilerShow
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
So I heard this on the radio today and I feel dumb because I didn't realize the Jamie Lidell version was a cover until now

SpoilerShow

I think I prefer the original, honestly!

Also I've never played Streets of Rage but I love the soundtrack. (there's a Squarepusher album that sounds really similar, interestingly - could be intentional?)

Also also that Finnish track is adorable
That Inner City track kicks ass

I guess I just like that chord progression in general
so apparently there is a game called ollie king that has remixed jet set radio music?
okay that's cool I guess
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Found a Smiths cassette in my friend's car and discovered that I like this song
(02-23-2014, 01:31 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »He hasn't done a full soundtrack in a while, and sadly has moved on from his unique and recognizeable sampleful style.

I just don't understand this.
SpoilerShow

Love this synth
I've been listening to Amaranthe lately, and their music pleasantly reminds me of Machinae Supremacy. They've got the same sort of tone, but without the chiptunes.

SpoilerShow
Yo sorry for the late reply Supes but I dig that Kenji Omura track

In other news, I've been getting into 4hero:

SpoilerShow

Their cover of Les Fleur is a bit weird because it's so faithful to the original that it's almost indistinguishable at points. I like it, though, and like that second track even more.
(02-21-2014, 12:54 AM)Sadgi Wrote: »I've realised that the wiggles songs I heard when I was six probably explain why I recognised morningtown ride 13 years later without being able to figure out why
Jimmy Little is pretty cool.
SpoilerShow
New Zabutom EP wooooo

edit: I don't know who RicoTheWizard is but that track is pleasingly French

also that bass on that Chaka track rules
SpoilerShow

reggie watts is the best
I like Trisynaptic Loop, and that's about it. Not his best, yeah.

(Also finished side A of that Mandré record and I really like it so far)
oh yay newish Art vs Science

SpoilerShow

Also hoping that Chet Faker's album will be pretty sweet when it drops.
Sorry, haven't posted here in a while!

Re: silly music, one thing I like about Mouse on Mars is that a lot of their tracks have that same feeling of sweet naivety that Jean-Jaques Perry and other early electronic artists had:

SpoilerShow

Bibio and Plone are good for that feeling too:

SpoilerShow
Yeah, Bibio's output is pretty uneven. He's got a few really good tracks and a lot of forgettable ones. I like his style, though.

SpoilerShow

edit: also re: Brecker Bros, I just found out that they toured with Zappa in the 70s - had no idea!

between this and Mandré I'm starting to wonder who didn't tour with Zappa in the 70s
Silly songs, you say?
SpoilerShow
"Breezy"'s a good word. It's my go-to album right now for when I'm stressed/depressed. Has that carefree 60s psych sort of feel.

SpoilerShow

Madlib sampled this and I'm digging it
Love Vince Guaraldi. His Peanuts stuff was probably my first exposure to jazz.

rel:

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Liking Lenny White's solo stuff - never really listened to it before. Al Di Meola destroys on that second track! Good drumming on this album too, obv. White was never as technically flashy as Billy Cobham, Vinnie Colaiuta, etc., but he's a skilled, tasteful player.

That is the tackiest album cover ever though
Dang I can't see that tacky album cover. Just leads to a blank Discogs page. I'm curious now.

The Girls in the Band looks super interesting, would like to see it! In addition to Patrice I spotted Hiromi Uehara, who is also a badass, in that trailer.

Speaking of jazz I might see this guy next week:

SpoilerShow

I also saw Pat Metheny last week. Fantastic show. Supes I think even you would have liked it. It was not wanky in the least.
SpoilerShow
Okay, yeah, that beats the cover of Venusian Summer by a long shot

Steve Reich is cool!
I don't think I've already posted this but I know you guys like The Avalanches and funky music so this should be a treat
^ I like this; is it from an upcoming record? I don't know much about The Avalanches

(03-22-2014, 01:13 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »File under "shit that is really cool to people who know the material and shrugworthy to everyone else".

I feel like most orchestral versions of popular music tend to be like that

This is cool though