Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Three: Forgotten Whispers]
Selphy's airship increases its altitude by a couple of meters to reveal a new weapon! A multi-barelled gun far too large to be wielded by any normal person is mounted on the bow of the ship. With the push of a button the Gatling Gun begins to quickly rotate and within the span of just a few seconds it fires numerous projectiles into the building in a maelstrom of lead everywhere within the general vicinity of the resident shadow monsters.
Mayor nervously stands outside, ready to tackle anyone fleeing outside at a moment's notice. He occasionally pokes his head inside to observe, each time becoming a bit more rattled.

EDIT: Between hails of gunfire, Mayor notices an enemy in the room preparing a spell, he is confident Bohw will survive any attacks on her, but when he looks closer he realizes it's a spell of teleportation, a spell Mayor is actually very familar with. As dangerous as it is to enter again, he cannot allow this man to escape, he runs back into the hallway while channeling unfamiliar magic, he casts what he assumes is a Teleport Anchor on Sarth!

Bohw stares Echo down with a dead and unemotional look on her face, but there is no doubt of an unbridled rage hiding behind it. She has no use for the shield Razan has provided her, it's power has much more use elsewhere, grabbing an arrow from her quiver and gripping it tightly, dark tendrils emerge from her hand to flay at the shield as it consumes it, channeling the magic into the arrow. Bohw creates a wicked and corrupted looking arrow, dark, corrupted magic pulsing through it, ready to be unleashed on whatever unlucky victim, threatening to explode out of the feeble wooden arrow.

EDIT:
SpoilerShow

Bohw fixes her focus back to Echo as she loads the demonic arrow into her longbow.

"You're not going anywhere."
Savannah, disoriented by both the shadow creatures and the sudden rumble filling the air itself, decides she needs to get out of there. She stumbles forward just as something causes the ground to start flaring up and spraying dirt everywhere. She catches a glimpse of one as it impacts. Metal? Savannah waves her hand, and the vines laying on the ground and draped over the entrance spring to life, slithering like snakes and impaling the shadow creatures attacking her. Hoping the distraction was sufficient, Savannah leaves through the exit, hoping to find some place to hide and wait for her allies.
Heh, so much for 'powerful'. Her spell barely seemed to work for poor Nos! Well, she certainly isn't going to give up just yet. She's still got plenty of magic in her, and she'll use however much of it to revive her comrade. She doesn't have much else to do at the moment, since she's waiting for the smoke to clear in the battle they just fled. With luck, everyone will be alright...but that rumbling sure doesn't sound good. The ravenfolk pondered for a moment if she should try using telepathy on Bohw to see how things are going, but she's a little afraid to interrupt whatever is going on in that room. Resigned to work with what little options she has, Myra casts yet another healing spell on Nos as she glances about for signs of anything odd or new.
Watson is relieved he has someone else handy helping him revive Nos.

"Thank you for your assistance. I was afraid I would have to help Nos all by myself as he does not seem to be responding well to my efforts."

He continues trying to make Nos drink from the rest of the teacup.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
oh shit i swear I thought I did this

Echo heals Lucid before trying to nullify Bohw's attack
I assume you mean Sarth, since Lucid is dead
well I mean if the other team can heal people back after their death phase I figured I could
The system has recently been changed, although its worth taking note that not quite dead players are "incapacitated" at 1 hp or something while dead ones have 0 hp. If I were you I'd consider necromancy instead.
yeah that sounds good
Yea, Nos isnt dead, just badly wounded. He'll be fine if nothing else hits him.

Most NPCs obviously dont have that extra barrier, but you can totally resurrect anyone you like as evil undead slaves.
[Image: darksun1.png]

SpoilerShow

(12-15-2013, 09:42 PM)Supernerd Wrote: »Selphy's airship increases its altitude by a couple of meters to reveal a new weapon! A multi-barelled gun far too large to be wielded by any normal person is mounted on the bow of the ship. With the push of a button the Gatling Gun begins to quickly rotate and within the span of just a few seconds it fires numerous projectiles into the building in a maelstrom of lead everywhere within the general vicinity of the resident shadow monsters.

You let loose a hailstorm of bullets on the dark minions, absolutely shredding the three closest for 120, 173 and 143 damage! (rolls 10+6, 17+6 and 13+6) They scatter into mist, leaving the bullets to clatter to the floor.

(12-16-2013, 03:12 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »Mayor nervously stands outside, ready to tackle anyone fleeing outside at a moment's notice. He occasionally pokes his head inside to observe, each time becoming a bit more rattled.

EDIT: Between hails of gunfire, Mayor notices an enemy in the room preparing a spell, he is confident Bohw will survive any attacks on her, but when he looks closer he realizes it's a spell of teleportation, a spell Mayor is actually very familar with. As dangerous as it is to enter again, he cannot allow this man to escape, he runs back into the hallway while channeling unfamiliar magic, he casts what he assumes is a Teleport Anchor on Sarth!

Bohw stares Echo down with a dead and unemotional look on her face, but there is no doubt of an unbridled rage hiding behind it. She has no use for the shield Razan has provided her, it's power has much more use elsewhere, grabbing an arrow from her quiver and gripping it tightly, dark tendrils emerge from her hand to flay at the shield as it consumes it, channeling the magic into the arrow. Bohw creates a wicked and corrupted looking arrow, dark, corrupted magic pulsing through it, ready to be unleashed on whatever unlucky victim, threatening to explode out of the feeble wooden arrow.

EDIT:
SpoilerShow

Bohw fixes her focus back to Echo as she loads the demonic arrow into her longbow.

"You're not going anywhere."

Mayor attempts to cast Dimensional Anchor on Sarth! Unfortunately, Mayor has never been much of a spellcaster, and he's absolutely certain that he's got the spell muddled up somehow. While pondering how to fix the spell, Sarth vanishes in a flash without saying another word! (roll 4-1+2)

In the same moment, though, Mayor's sash lights up with starlight, twinkling and sparkling and shining.

Bohw, meanwhile, cackles madly as she spins around, spotting a target for her fury!

Razan Wrote:"We can wait no longer."

Razan strides back into the room, the aura surrounding him suddenly flaring with explosive power, searing the remaining shadow minions aswell as Echo for 440 damage each!

He also heals the party for 153 health, after which the aura seems to fade.

Meanwhile, he blasts Echo for 700 damage with a wave of radiant power (roll 12+8)!

Then Bohw turns around and shoots him through the chest with her black arrow for 2237 damage (roll 19+12+6+2-2, crit)! HaahAHAHAHAhAHhahaha did he not see that coming!

(12-22-2013, 06:36 PM)Psych Wrote: »Echo heals Lucid before trying to nullify Bohw's attack

You return Lucid to unlife, your magic reanimating her and knitting her wounds together as your undead servant! (Roll 18+8+2-2)

Seeing as the mad imp is distracted, you just opt to shield yourself against all incoming attacks instead, reducing damage taken by a large amount. (Roll 16+5-2+2)

(12-16-2013, 05:43 AM)SupahKiven Wrote: »Savannah, disoriented by both the shadow creatures and the sudden rumble filling the air itself, decides she needs to get out of there. She stumbles forward just as something causes the ground to start flaring up and spraying dirt everywhere. She catches a glimpse of one as it impacts. Metal? Savannah waves her hand, and the vines laying on the ground and draped over the entrance spring to life, slithering like snakes and impaling the shadow creatures attacking her. Hoping the distraction was sufficient, Savannah leaves through the exit, hoping to find some place to hide and wait for her allies.

Fortunately for you, the girl on the airship just took care of those for you!

As you look up into the darkened skies, you see a streak of light flash across the horizon, trailing a shower of sparks, like a shooting star. All of a sudden, you think you smell the scent of peppermint and freshly baked goods, and hear the sound of bells and joy. But then the shooting star fades, and it is gone again. Must have been the blood loss. Its not even dark enough for shooting stars to be visible at all, anyway.

(12-16-2013, 06:43 AM)Frolic Wrote: »Heh, so much for 'powerful'. Her spell barely seemed to work for poor Nos! Well, she certainly isn't going to give up just yet. She's still got plenty of magic in her, and she'll use however much of it to revive her comrade. She doesn't have much else to do at the moment, since she's waiting for the smoke to clear in the battle they just fled. With luck, everyone will be alright...but that rumbling sure doesn't sound good. The ravenfolk pondered for a moment if she should try using telepathy on Bohw to see how things are going, but she's a little afraid to interrupt whatever is going on in that room. Resigned to work with what little options she has, Myra casts yet another healing spell on Nos as she glances about for signs of anything odd or new.

You heal him for 280 health (roll 5+7+2). Atleast he is getting better, right?

(12-18-2013, 07:18 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Watson is relieved he has someone else handy helping him revive Nos.

"Thank you for your assistance. I was afraid I would have to help Nos all by myself as he does not seem to be responding well to my efforts."

He continues trying to make Nos drink from the rest of the teacup.

You manage to make him drink some more healing water, restoring 100 health to him. Nos continues being incredibly uncooperative.

---

Mael falls from the ceiling, striking the floor hard for 406 damage! Fortunately the giant glowy shield Razan put on him keeps him safe. He runs to safety.

Taran heals everyone for 210 health (roll 11+3)!

Stats
SpoilerShow
"Blasted..."

Watson gets angry, putting away the Vase and teacup.

"I don't think I will get quite so far with the Vase if Nos does not drink enough."
(12-24-2013, 03:50 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »"Blasted..."

Watson gets angry, putting away the Vase and teacup.

"I don't think I will get quite so far with the Vase if Nos does not drink enough."

Watson tries manually healing Nos by bandaging his wounds.

First aid is tied to speed. You dont have a lot of that. Continue anyway? (y/n)

In case it wasnt obvious yet youre not really supposed to be able to easily get people who are downed back on their feet.
How come it worked wonders last time? I healed myself of 200 health.

But yeah Watson doesn't know that yet because he does not know he is in a game Melonspa

Also why is my health restored to 1400 health?
Who's still in the ruins? Because Echo would like to run that way with Sarth in order to retreat.
Razan, Mael, Taran, Nos, Watson and Myra are all blocking the hallway leading further into the ruins. Selphy, Savannah and Mayor are outside. Bohw, Lucid and you (and partially Razan) are in the room in the middle. Since you currently have absurd amounts of Power you could cast a teleportation spell very quickly, but that is kind of counting on Bohw not killing you first, so theres that.

Or you could try to cast some kind of blink spell which is faster but shorter range and youd still have to escape wherever you blink to, but atleast youd be out of range of Bohw. Temporarily.

Speaking of which Sarth is gone, so i assume you mean Lucid

(12-24-2013, 04:46 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »How come it worked wonders last time? I healed myself of 200 health.

But yeah Watson doesn't know that yet because he does not know he is in a game Melonspa

Also why is my health restored to 1400 health?

Either you rolled really well then or i made a mistake. Strength 'heals' by guarding against damage. Which isnt really a heal at all.

Also its because Taran and Razan were healing everyone, which includes you.
I'll go ahead and fire the Heavy Rifle at the Lucid, since apparently chimericWilder decided airship specials don't need any cooldown timers.
I think Savannah and Watson should switch out

-Savannah's better at healing
-Watson is terrible at healing
-she has lower health
-Watson is at full health

Also I think she should use Manacharge to heal Nos after switching out with Watson
Savannah wouldnt even be able to use magic if she went back inside.
Damnit. This is a terrible catch-22. Oh well. Watson has higher health. Savannah can man the Vase instead.

more things:

-The OP shows Watson as having the Book of Warding. [he doesn't]
-I can't find the complex ruling for dropping and repossessing the watervase
Pity that Watson doesn't know that Selphy actually has a healing magic skill and the affinity to back it up. On the other hand she is currently manning some big airship guns, so that might not be something you want to interrupt.