We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
welcome to David Cage
(12-03-2013, 11:05 PM)Ed Wrote: »How is that even a game, that is like the epitome of "Quicktime events: the game"
It’s Heavy Rain; it’s kind of like a visual novel with walking and QTE mechanics. Also a Jason button.
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
best part about that video is that the game's smart enough to keep inserting the caption in an appropriate location, despite the fact that it's not supposed to be there

anyway, they have the same system from mario golf multiplayer, but in phantom hourglass. you just have four emotes cause nintendo is annoyed at bad people on multiplayer

but they come with accompanying crowd cheering and booing and you can totally spam them all you want when you're rubbing it in how badly you're beating them
Oh yeah, i remember that, it was kind of fun. It's like spamming voice commands while waiting for people to join the lobby in Age of Empires II.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
There's (a/some) Mario Party game(s) that let you heckle, too. Nintendo loves obnoxious voice clips.
(12-04-2013, 05:54 AM)SleepingOrange Wrote: »There's (a/some) Mario Party game(s) that let you heckle, too.

you're lousy
i got monster tale because it happened to be at my gamestop in a bargain envelope and it has nice music and a girl protag and thats Nice n Neat
woah, nostalgia
(@<@)

I just remembered I was /really/ pumped for that game when it was announced, but somehow never bought it
luckily it's pretty cheap on amazon, probably gonna pick it up this winter
"The parties are advised to chill." - Supreme Court of the United States, case opinion written by Justice Souter
I'm thinking the exact same thing, TickTickTockTock.
Bro Attacks definitely get useful later. IIRC, Tolstar just has a ridiculously high defense stat.

Also, I managed to beat Risk of Rain as the Acrid. While I wouldn't say that he made the game easy, he definitely made it easier, since he can deal damage while running.

When fighting Providence, that bit was completely necessary - I had to whittle down ~20k HP in increments of 50. While dodging 100+ damage attacks, with a max HP of 700.
Risk of Rain's Engineer's pretty tight when it comes to mobile damage too. While he lacks a dodge mechanic, it's not hard to find an item that lets the mines slow enemies, and his turrets will draw off monster aggro allowing you some breathing room.

My favorite trick with him though is jumping plus grenades since the primary attack arcs it'll still hit enemies in front of you, but you keep you forward momentum during the jump basically imitating the huntresses primary attack for more damage.
Gotta agree with the overworld platforming in Superstar Saga, also the attack dodging gets a little better, specially at boss battles, but it definitely has it's issues. Overall it's an extremely enjoyable game and one of the only rpgs i've ever finished/played more than once.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Mario & Luigi? I loved that game. Bro Attacks definitely get much better, if you can figure out the danged timing. There's definitely a skill mastery thing there. But it's highly satisfying when you've (finally) got it down.
Dodging the enemy attacks is more about learning the patterns over time, not so much about immediately getting it. The timing also gets more complex later in the game. Me, I thought they did a pretty good job with that overall.
I'm with you on the platforming and the mode switching, that was kind of obnoxious.
I like mid-air jump adjustments in 2D (so do most platformer developers, it seems... GnG is kind of hard, just sayin’). It can be done outside strict 2D, but in no other dimension is it quite as helpful.
I imagine the need for some control forgiveness is probably why any casually enjoyable 3D platformer I can think of involves a lot of edge grabs and wall jumps and parkour stuff.

I’d have thought (back before 3D platforming was A Thing) that having a 3D camera would eliminate the old “Leap of Faith”, but not only was I overestimating the proportion of game designers who knew better than that, having to judge 3D distance based on a limited 2D view makes a lot of leaps unintentionally faithy. Probably why the first 3D platformer I really enjoyed was Sly Cooper (because you can lock onto a lot of spires and rails to get where you’re going).
As far as I’m concerned, 3D platforming wasn’t A Thing until SM64. Yes, there were a great many games you could go down a checklist and say “mmhmmyess, that’s 3D and a platformer”, but not too many people particularly liked they way they controlled; Crash Bandicoot was something like best of breed for a that kind of thing (though SM64 and CB1 came out around the same time).

Ever smell a durian? Wouldn’t recommend it.
Supes, about Mario and Luigi (minor mechanical spoiler)
SpoilerShow
Holy crap you guys No Man's Sky

This looks incredible. This is like everything I could want in a space exploration game. Hope it can deliver.
... shit.

(well my thunder feels thoroughly stolen :\ )
*Marge noise*

Something feels off about this. 6 months ago this team was doing silly motorcycle stunt racers and now they've already got all this footage of StarboundxStarCitizenxEvexEverythingwewant. If there were a Kickstarter attached to this I'd straight up cry scam, but there isn't (yet) so I don't know what to make of this.
Where do I go to give them all the money I own and then perhaps donate some of my less vital internal organs?

EDIT: In light of Granolaman's post, I will refrain from removing any organs until I have investigated more closely.

EDIT 2: They've previously done three "Joe Danger" titles that are simple stunt bike casual-type games, and apparently that's it. But according to Wikipedia, the Joe Danger games are at least well-made for what they are. Maybe they made those games in order to get enough cash for this space exploration game?
It does look pretty absurdly ambitious. Probably not the sort of title that would - or could possibly - live up to expectations.
I still want it.
'Explore' would probably be a safe bet. :v
That trailer seems to be the only actual information about the game at the moment. The twitter and dev page are all about the stunt game and the game page is empty. I'm getting all kinds of WarZ vibes off of this in terms of announcement timing (right on the heels of Starbound open beta).

As far as what you do, it looks like you do whatever it is you do in other space simulators, probably explore the universe and give planets crude names. The asteroid scene suggests it might be multiplayer/mmo though none of the shots feature the player in one of those dreadnoughts. Nothing about whether you can customize your ship, but at least parts of the environment appear destructable.
At the bottom of their website, "Project Skyscraper".
Suggests maybe I'm right about them making Joe Danger just to support this other game.
Looks like you shoot things as well as explore. I'd rather see it be just about exploration, like Noctis.
(In Noctis, according to the fiction, you spacecraft had enough firepower to destroy a sun... but there was no way to use it, and no enemies to use it on. That wasn't what the game was about.)
SimAnt was the shit and you can take that to the bank.
[Image: xwldX.gif]