Music

Poll: Your musical genre?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
35.23%
31 35.23%
No
21.59%
19 21.59%
All of the above
43.18%
38 43.18%
Total 88 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Music
RE: Music
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Haha is that seriously a bunch of dudes having a conversation about relative keytar coolness

I can attest that even Herbie looks goofy playing a keytar, though he's very good at it

Digging that Logic System track, reminds me of Casiopea
SpoilerShow

How does a guy that makes songs about cheap electronic organs get a #1 hit in the US? Yes SF it is Australian but I don't even care, I like this.
I dunno but I'm digging that song/video
Yep, that would be the banjo.

There's a talkbox in that kit list, as well as a number of plugins; the vocal effect could well be a combination of the two.
An unusual instrument: a bowed-string keyboard. It’s somewhat speculative, somewhat reconstructed from a sparse number of vague descriptions (including a sketch by Leonardo) and extremely rare museum pieces. It has some of the historical flaws and has mitigated others of this general idea that has not really... succeeded before. Polish pianist Sławomir Zubrzycki has built this instrument that is at least of historical interest, if not really the coolest sound in concert.
SpoilerShow
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
Someone linked me to that the other day! It's really cool. Weird historical musical instruments are the best:

SpoilerShow
In some ways yes, in some ways no. Looks like it has about 60 keys, for one :E
I'm in a film soundtrack mood again.

SpoilerShow
Hahaha that rules. There's something surreal/cool about seeing 8-bit music pressed to vinyl.

SpoilerShow

schmooove
SpoilerShow

me gusta
It's been a while since my last hilariously bad metal post. This one's a little different than my usual fare:

SpoilerShow

I don't even know where to start with this one. The samples (Disco! Kayne West!), the obnoxious bouncy nu-metal groove, the brostep breakdown in the middle, the Rastafari Mad Max frontman, the guitarist with the ZZ Top beard... there's just so much tackiness on display here that it loops back around into kind of awesome. I feel compelled to slam a Dew and yell at someone on Xbox Live after listening to this.
SpoilerShow
Man, I'm not sure if I know any folksy storytelling stuff

... Garrison Keillor?

Also some of Genesis's earlier stuff

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Holy crap this album is fantastic

This is probably the closest we'll ever get to a good new Yes album
Body Snatchers needs to be the title theme for an 80s comedy

The thing I like about YMO, and Japanese electronic stuff from that era in general, is that it manages to sound really precise/synthetic yet playful at the same time.
SpoilerShow

Folksy stuff? I got this.

SpoilerShow
I've been listening to Kalafina lately.

SpoilerShow
This is a thing. That exists.

I

Wow

SpoilerShow
Japanese power metal is like everything that makes power metal awesome/terrible raised to the hundredth power. See: Sound Horizon

SpoilerShow
HO HO HOld your horses it is St. Nicholas’ Eve tomorrow and you will not see me do it more than once a year anyway.
Speaking of YMO member side projects, this happened:

SpoilerShow
I'm pretty sure that is the first time anyone has ever described breakin' as "marvelous"

Also that Caldera album cover is cool

SpoilerShow

This album sounds very Sega Genesis-y. I like it.