Music

Poll: Your musical genre?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
35.23%
31 35.23%
No
21.59%
19 21.59%
All of the above
43.18%
38 43.18%
Total 88 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Music
RE: Music
(09-15-2013, 09:18 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »How could anyone not like churros.
That's the thing.

I fucking love churros.

All the places that sell it here are either obnoxious, over-expensive pseudo-cafes, tokenistic or just plain terrible. I could try pouring dulce de leche over donuts, but it wouldn't be the same.

Ohwait, this is a music thread.

SpoilerShow
I feel like that video pretty much sums up everything I dislike about new Daft Punk, yeah

Also, speaking of hilariously bad dance lyrics from last page, just.... just listen to this
Neeeeat, found this while browsing someone's blog whose art i liked a lot. Double score.

SpoilerShow
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Symphony No. 40 in G minor, KV. 550, 4th movement.

SpoilerShow

I think this movement feels a little spooky despite the indication of “allegro assai” (For those of you who don’t parla italiano, allegro assai is Italian for... very allegro!). It’s particularly so if the performance really puts some electricity into the trills like the one in the 10th bar. You’re probably not supposed to play it that way, but it’s a very cool effect and it plays right into the sneaky chromatic things Mozart’s doing here.
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
Since I've been gone I found a bunch more cool music!

There have been a few albums that I keep going back to despite how often I listen to them. Disasterpeace has two amazing albums that I highly recommend (hardly new, but I finally bought them)
SpoilerShow

I haven't stopped listening to Yum Yum Tree or Maps of Nonexistent Places since I discovered them back when I used to post on MSPA and I still highly recommend each.

I went to a prog festival in germany, and one of the bands playing was Maybeshewill, and I looked them up beforehand and loved them:

SpoilerShow

At that festival I finally got to see Magma and Devin Townsend Project, and both of those acts were incredible. I still... have no idea what to post from Magma or DTP to show them off, I'll let Stij do that.

I got a chance to get intimately acquainted with the Levin Minnemann Rudess album (read: drove most of the way to portland and back, played the album 5 and a half times) and it is incredible. Which makes the new dream theater album that much more sad to me, hearing how average it is compared to how awesome the LMR album is.

SpoilerShow

it's hard to find their videos online, looks like they're actively hunting down youtube uploads. But I highly recommend buying the album.
I have a feeling some of you here would enjoy this. Hunters & Collectors remixed by The Avalanches.

SpoilerShow
(09-21-2013, 04:00 PM)illisid Wrote: »At that festival I finally got to see Magma and Devin Townsend Project

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy crap I had no idea

so jealous

you had better believe there will be a Magma+DTP music dump coming today

also you have to tell me everything about seeing Magma live
Well I'm seeing Vampire Weekend tomorrow and Herbie Hancock next month so that's cool I guess

That doesn't diminish the jelly though

SpoilerShow

GTA V's radio stations are surprisingly good. The funk station reminded me of this track.
Bleh. That's disappointing. Can't say I'm totally surprised, though - from what I've heard, Shorter's recent live stuff has been pretty self-indulgent. Oh well. Glad Diana Krall was good, at least.

Saw Vampire Weekend tonight; it was pretty fun. I don't know a whole lot of their songs but I still enjoyed myself. They definitely put on a good show.
Tomaso Albinoni; trumpet concerto in B flat, Op. 7, No. 3.

Wikipedia Wrote:Part of Albinoni's work was lost in World War II with the destruction of the Dresden State Library.
:sorrow:

SpoilerShow
I don't know what to think about this.

Hobbesy you bastard.
That's it.

I have to post this now, for bringing shame upon myself.

SpoilerShow
(09-19-2013, 11:11 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Nice oldschool house. I love it.

Maybe you will enjoy these?

Whoops, i didn't check this thread in a while. I did enjoy those tracks~
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
The year is 1992. Trancey stuff is becoming a thing.

SpoilerShow
Listened to a great George Duke live set and was reminded that I'll never be able to see him live : (

SpoilerShow
If nobody laughs at my funeral, then I will be pretty bummed. But then, I'd be dead, so I wouldn't have anyone to complain to.
SpoilerShow
(10-03-2013, 05:36 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

I'm not sure what I was expecting from a song called "The Smurf", but it definitely wasn't something this awesome
Jean-Philippe Rameau, Two Rigaudons + “Le rappel des oiseaux” from Pièces de clavecin

Note: this is a harp, not a clavecin.

SpoilerShow
I have a secret thing for old film music. This is one of those that really stands out for me. Partially because zithers are incredibly cool.

SpoilerShow
DID SOMEONE SAY FREESTYLE

SpoilerShow

I really want pop music to bring back the Fairlight orchestra hit

(10-04-2013, 04:53 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »I think I'm starting to get a clearer picture of the sort of synthie stuff you like

SpoilerShow

's gotta have that swing

you a jazzman at heart, stij

I think you're right! I never really thought about it like that, but it's true.

edit:

SpoilerShow
(10-04-2013, 07:52 PM)Stij Wrote: »DID SOMEONE SAY FREESTYLE

SpoilerShow

what is a good thing about this song
(10-04-2013, 11:58 PM)Chwoka Wrote: »
(10-04-2013, 07:52 PM)Stij Wrote: »DID SOMEONE SAY FREESTYLE

SpoilerShow

what is a good thing about this song

i am an eel and i approve of the dislike of this track that sounds like chiptune's squealing, dying cousin.
(10-04-2013, 11:58 PM)Chwoka Wrote: »what is a good thing about this song

The rawness of the beat, obviously.
(10-05-2013, 12:38 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Did you really make an alt just to shitpost

eel is a real person who has harsher opinions of the song than me
If I hadn’t just changed my avatar, I could rehash the Great Vowel Shift joke about ordering an ale.