Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Three: Forgotten Whispers]
"Our time is short. Come. I will answer any questions as we go, but we must be moving."

Myra's examination of a charred piece of hydra soon reveals that the stuff tastes utterly revolting. Probably just as well - imagine if a butcher got hold of one of the things! Surely he would soon rule the world through economy.

Black Zenith Balance Patch 1.0431456

Thunderpaw

Fury Comet now does 1x Power to everything in a very large radius, but the cooldown is now 12.

NPC's

Added missing dialogue to Razan, causing the game to sometimes become stuck.

E: wow i am good at stealing each new page with one of these
Bohw grumbles and rises to her feet, chasing after the others and catching up to Thunderpaw, following his pace she leans forwards and tries to talk to him.

"Hey, Thunderpaw. Uh, this might not be the best time, but just as an idea from the leader, it might be a smart idea to split up the magic jewels and divide them between the party. That's just making yourself a unnecessarily big target, I think... and... you need to stop doing that..."

She squats down to his level and talks in a quieter tone, lest the others hear. "You might disagree with this, but I'd say give Aven'sara to Nos. He's proved reliable, if quirky... maybe she can give him a bit more stability, yeah?"

((Big Leader Note thing about item management that we all knew was coming)):
SpoilerShow
((@ Item talk))
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
(09-17-2013, 05:04 PM)chimericWilder Wrote: »Also when did i ever say you cant have several bonuses to a particular stat? Because if i did that rule is now revoked. Players are still prevented from stacking several bonuses of +2 to hitting things with swords, as an example, though.

SpoilerShow
nah Nos does MUCH more damage when he hits. He's just MUCH less reliable.
ah the downsides of a berserker
(09-17-2013, 12:08 PM)BlazerC Wrote: »-Stuff stuff stuff-Thunderpaw are being loot hog
[Image: YwuCxXg.png]

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SDFKJSDFFGDUEUKM:

SpoilerShow

Fake Edit: Ninja'd by Dais, Posting this anyway.
Yes! YES! Bring your discussion to bear, try to steal all the loot!

Just for clarification, but no the ring is worthless to Thunderpaw because the trait that gives him throwing powahs simply changes what throwing actions are based off from speed to strength and doesnt actually make him any good at anything speed related. And as Daid said the bonus is then irrelevant to Blade of Light.

And Aven'sara's bonus doesnt apply to heals. Currently it makes Blade of Light better at dispelling and better at improving Power. Thats it.

That said loot drops are rarely ever designed to fit someone specifically, rather they were designed for the things you fought. The shield and spear are good examples of this.
(09-18-2013, 07:39 AM)chimericWilder Wrote: »Just for clarification, but no the ring is worthless to Thunderpaw because the trait that gives him throwing powahs simply changes what throwing actions are based off from speed to strength

(...well then, since that was actually the only reason I was keeping that around, who wanted the ring again? o-o)
I beg to differ.

Begging&Differing: Begin

SpoilerShow
you cant wear two armors and Mayor cannot equip the blessed armor because hes a fuckin golem

Instead he gets his fancy armor upgrades

Which, honestly, are a great deal better

He could probably take an armor to a blacksmith or a wizzzzzard or something, though, and just kind of get imbued with some kind of fancy magic taken from a piece of gear or something. Probably gonna cost some, though.
((Goodness, there's no need to sell Nos the vase. I'm perfectly happy with the current arrangement as long as you are, Credit. Or as long as Watson is, whichever the case is. It's nice of you to offer though.))
SpoilerShow
"Aye, and one big target becomes two. If what the prophet says is true, we need all 8 to stop this cataclism. If even one falls from our grasp its gameover for us. I've guarded caravans of valuable goods; I know how to keep things of importance safe and have the raw stopping and running power to do so. But Nos, some pickpocket comes along looking for a good find and we're done, simple as that. Better one target than two when the ent result of failure is all the same."

Thunderpaw turns in to Bohw's ear, whispering to make sure noone else hears.

SpoilerShow
... Wha?

Oh! AhahahAAhah, you really think im that worthless, eh? Oh alright, my memory is... Flawed. But a pickpocket? Hah! Oh yes, i'd like to see the look on his face as i dominate his feeble mind. Except i'd be in control of that look. Also i dont have eyes. And i guess i'd run off to wreck things given such a convenient excuse, so... Heh. I guess your 'concern' is well placed.
SpoilerShow

Bohw makes a low, bestial, growling noise in response to Thunderpaw's reasoning. "You cannot carry the burdens of the party on your back." She mutters, her tone showing concern.

"You cannot just ignore how close to death you just came to back there, regardless of who dealt that blow. Hold all the spiritual jewels if you must, should we be in a scenario where a pickpocket would be a threat, but when we charge into the heart of the enemy... I don't want the keys to their destruction hiding behind one man, ah... Bunni. I want to minimize risk where I see fit and even if we could recover the jewels safely, should you fall... I'd think everyone would agree when I say that you deserve much more than a shallow grave on the battlefield."

Clearing her throat, she raises her head and looks over at Razan, continuing to speak to Thunderpaw as she does so. "However, that's just my look on the whole scenario, do whatever, but we're in this together, eh? Just food for thought."
SpoilerShow

Watson tries reading from the Book of Warding as he walks along with the rest of the gang and can't understand not a single thing. He's never even dabbled in magic!

"This is absolutely useless", he thinks, "Maybe the ravenkin will be able to find more meaning in these texts. Now I remember why I loathe magic so."

Watson slows down to be beside Myra.

"I think you would better benefit from this than I." he says, giving a disdainful look at the book, as if wanting to be rid of it as he hands it to her.

He also hears Samsouvra talking. He has no idea why crystals can talk or why he's about to even speak with one, but he has to get his point in.

"What's that to say of Aven'sara then? And of course, Thunderpaw should not hog all of the fame for being the keeper of the crystals." Watson laughs in Thunderpaw's general direction.
Bah i was planning on telling you that you comprehended absolutely nothing when you eventually tried reading the book. Atleast i get to slack on writing then.
SpoilerShow

Nos, a distance away from the party still, looks back at the party appraisingly. He sees Watson talking to Myra briefly, but something doesn't seem right to him.

Who the heck is that? I think I'm supposed to know who that person is! What if they send me a winter holiday card and I don't remember their address to send a return card? It's not like it will be included with her card!

He goes over to Myra and sidles up next to her. "So, you. Yeeeeeahh.....
um, hi?"
Myra was cleansing her beak and feathers of that horrible, charred, most depressing use of the word "meat" that she has ever come across in her entire life, when she noticed everyone was taking their leave. Shaking the water droplets off of her feathers, Myra takes flight again, swooping and spiraling around the group as they walked.

The ravenfolk lowered her altitude to that of Watson's head, examining the book before reacting in any other way. "Oh? Ohhh, what's that? You don't want it? I'll gladly take it off your hands!" Casting a levitation spell on the Book of Warding, Myra takes it from Watson's disinterested grasp.

She was about to open the book and read as she flew, until Nos came up to make...some sort of attempt to converse, she supposes? Oh wait, this is a perfect time for valuable conversation, to get to learn more about her teammates! Yes, bonding time is definitely important if she's going to be working with them like this! "Oh, hi," she begins, still keeping the book floating mid-air, "You are Nos, no? Haha, you held a mighty battle back there! Are you hired help? How did you join everyone here? Those spells you cast are quite colorful, who taught you magic? Or did you teach yourself? Most don't have the talont to learn magic on their own. But my, you are clawfully good at smashing things! It's li-SQUAWK!!" At that very point, Myra almost lost her concentration for the levitation spell, and scrambled to regain it before the book fell on someone's feet. She puts the book in her magical inventory, deciding against risking her concentration again.
Nos beams with pride as Myra goes on and on with the praise. "Yeh-hes, I am so good at smashing things that I don't even have to remember that I am most of the time!"

He watches politely as Myra nearly drops the book she had been magick-floating, which helps him not to forget that he had been asked a question about his own magicking! "My ability to make the world more fun? That, little birdie, is sheer willpower! I exert my will upon the world and like some sort of superior being, change is enacted for the better!" Then is looks like he is actually trying to remember, and after a while a troubled look crosses his face. "Actually... I suppose I'm not sure." And then he stands there, staring at the ground.
Black Zenith Balance Patch 1.07

General

Being reduced to 0 health no longer immediately kills a player but instead disables them until the end of combat or until 50% of their health has been restored. If not healed, a single hit will be sufficient to kill. However while in this state healing taken is reduced by 75%. Shielding has full effectiveness.

updates should start picking up again now, i think.