We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
It's similar enough to consider it an alternate universe or whatever, like Legends, or at the very least it's a spiritual successor. I've been wanting an actually modern Megaman since forever.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
I really hope they make the Mighty No.s look at least a little less human. Like, I'm kinda okay with helijetman having poorly-placed arms, and I can appreciate the fact that they probably can't make him too Transformer-y, but

are the anime eyes

really necessary

He's a jet. You can't change the fact that he's a jet. His body proportions are too out of whack for him to look like anything but a jet robot. The eyes won't make him any more human-relatable. No. 9 is at least humaniform! He has a face to be expressive with. No. 6 doesn't! The eyes make no sense. If he were a dude in a jetcopter suit, then sure, but he's not; his arms are on his wings and he wouldn't be able to put the damn thing on if it was a suit. Incidentally, have I mentioned how stupid putting arms on wings like that is

See, No. 2 is cool. He's got his whole theme worked out, with the arms and the hat and the backpack. Now, he's small, kinda pudgy, and definitely humanoid. You'd think he'd have expressive anime eyes, right? But instead he looks like some kinda Metal Gear Bubbleman. Which is great! He's a robot, he doesn't need-- eurgh I am inarticulate.

You're making a game about robots. Not people. Don't be afraid to make them look like robots. We need more cool robots. Yer killin' me Inafune
That's Inafune for you. I think the whole design isn't that appealing to begin with though.

Man, to say that project was "neat" is an understatement; i just skimmed through it the first time i clicked the link but now that i've seen the video and read about the staff members i'm pretty fucking excited for this.
i suspect some diehard fans that were waiting all these years for something to come along opened the page and promptly exploded
Straight hoping it becomes super popular and then Megaman gets to be Beck's personal Astro Boy/Casshan
The phat's d-pad is a tad larger and more grippy, as are its buttons. It's not a huge difference though. Screen brightness is pretty much the same IIRC.
The phat's screen brightness is very very poor compared to the Lite's. That's why it was called the Lite. Because of its nice backlite. Not it's weight. (Although everything has even better backlights these days.)

I think the phat's screen is smaller, but it's not really a huge issue.

I didn't really like the phat's buttons because the letters were inscribed into the hard buttons and that sort of hurt my fingers, although if you don't like the Lite's buttons you might prefer the phat's.

this says the lite's D-pad is 16% smaller.

Have you considered the DSi?
(09-01-2013, 05:36 AM)Ed Wrote: »It's similar enough to consider it an alternate universe or whatever, like Legends, or at the very least it's a spiritual successor. I've been wanting an actually modern Megaman since forever.

I'm just happy because megaman
SHANTAE KICKSTARTER, this is not a drill
Going through the process of getting onto steam now? You are going to need a 3DS to play the other sequel in development, for the record.
(09-04-2013, 05:02 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Ok.

Can you guys please make something that isn't Disgaea. Please? Please. I know you can do it.
To be fair, they did go into bankruptcy only a few years ago. I think they have the right to play it safe for a while.
Fair enough, you probably know more about this than I do.

RE: Shantae, why the hell is she so pale all of a sudden? It's weirding me out and making me vaguely uncomfortable.

e:
oops never mind!! evidently they're responding to people talking about it so this is good
I never played the original games but in the start of the trailer, the HD sprite seems a lot less expressive with movement than the older sprites. Is that because it's just representing a different part of the animation or is it probably more subdued?
I think it's just the super clean "HD" look WayForward has been using as of late.
Well I meant more that her movements were less exaggerated. I guess you don't need to exaggerate as much with HD and maybe it'll look worse there but I liked the old dance.
I don’t know that much serious study’s been done on it, but I don’t think it’d be controversial for me to surmise that pixel art does “leave more to the imagination” (no, not like that!). You can have the same range of motion for everything exactly, and it will not look as expressive, in the cases I’ve seen.

That said, the new animation is not exaggerated to the extent that the pixel art versions were. Not even close. I couldn’t begin to claim to know why they’d do that. Maybe they wanted to change it. Maybe they didn’t but it looked way too freaky. Maybe I shouldn’t engage in wild-ass guessing.
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
Maybe they don't have the same artists. I should've been more specific but i meant to say the HD vectorized animation style is really stiff and "clean"; my guess is that it's harder to hide imperfections in smears with higher resolutions, unles they're very good smears, that is.
[Image: SRVQTWR.jpg]

is this still too humanoid

meanwhile, at gamefreak

SpoilerShow
The anime eyes still irk me, but the bot's well designed regardless. The lack of a proper torso appeases my desire for a "less human" robot, and the whole gun-head thing, while it looks impractical as hell, is pretty clever: the head swivels down so the barrel's pointed forward, and the arms either spin the chamber or lock it in place. I also appreciate the incorporation of bullets into the design. It's easy to go "well, it's a gun robot, let's make it a gun and give it some guns," but it takes a bit of thought to add bullets and turn them into pneumatic spikes.
I'm honestly really happy for the eyes and face and stuff. MegaMan and Pokémon and other properties with similar visual designs have always appealed to me and it's good to see this stay enough along those lines for my tastes.
im personally looking forward to mega blastardur's reveal

i hope it is well received
the thing that gets me the most is that vegasaur just gets a flower on its head and absolutely nothing else
venusaur is already a perfect lifeform
(09-05-2013, 05:11 PM)weirdee Wrote: »the thing that gets me the most is that vegasaur just gets a flower on its head and absolutely nothing else
The plant on its back actually grows considerably, gaining a second layer of leaves and the vines. I love how it looks, honestly; makes it look even more substantial, which goes well with the Thick Fat trait and makes me want to both use it in my party and hug it
(09-05-2013, 06:03 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Is it just me or do they look like the sort of fan Pokémon a 12 year old would come up with

Charizard but BLUE and he's SPIKY and WAY STRONG

I have to agree on this
All the mega pokemon are basically the same, but with their identifiable attributes weirdly exaggerated. This actually worked for Venusaur, but every other mega that's been revealed thus far has a kind of over-the-top mountain-dew-commercial vibe, like someone tried to redesign old pokemon to be more metal.

Except Megakangaskhan
which is just so dumb I refuse to believe it's not a hoax
"The parties are advised to chill." - Supreme Court of the United States, case opinion written by Justice Souter