We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
I'm okay with this. I find the 3DS's 3D to be kind of annoying anyway. It just doesn't add anything to the experience for me. Like Supes, this will be the DS I get if I choose to buy one.

Lack of clamshell hinge is kind of an odd design choice, though. I don't get that.
I already have a 3DS and I never use the 3D function anyways

so this kind of annoys me that it came out now. OTOH the lack of the clamshell and just the placement of the buttons and screen bug me. Why /that/. it's weird to have the second screen be lower than normal...
small baby childrens can't break a hinge that isn't there, and part of making it less expensive involved having both screens actually be a single screen that is divided by casing, if i recall correctly
Regarding what people were saying about the low-poly look, check out this competition here.
HOLY CRAP that is so amazing and visually appealing. My favourites are the WOW one and the Pokemon battle.

E: WOAH that Animal Crossing/Dark Souls one MinionCrying Eagle
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
That's awesome! Speaking of low-poly stuff, I just discovered this guy's work, which I like a lot.
i'd like to see the resulting circle pad pro that fits on this thing
(08-28-2013, 09:12 PM)Solaris Wrote: »small baby childrens can't break a hinge that isn't there, and part of making it less expensive involved having both screens actually be a single screen that is divided by casing, if i recall correctly

Really? I'd think that having a not-actually-functional touch-type screen on the top would be more expensive.

But I don't actually know how touchscreens work, so.
it actually is just one large touchscreen

they just put a hard plastic cover on the top part
“It's one of those nostalgia places but not done very well.”

And if that pinball machine is possessed by Elvis, then who mowed my lawn last weekend? check. mate.
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
This is an interesting little idea. It's a Zelda-style adventure game where each player can only control the character for 10 seconds. Once you've moved him, you cannot control him again - ever. You can only watch as other people on the internet move him around.

I got a heart piece during my turn so that's cool I guess
Haha I ended up spending most of my ten seconds trying to find WASD spread out on a Dvorak keyboard. I guess this is the price I pay for typing like a complete tool.
Only because like white and asian was as close as we could cast to puertorriqueño at my high school.
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
So i'm still hopelessly addicted to Spelunky.

SpoilerShow
are you ghostrunning you piece of butts
I didn't actually! That's a full on legit Hell run. Didn't even kill shopkeepers!

Truth be told I don't got the courage to Ghost the gems, there's too many opportunities to fuck it up. The only time I do it is when I have the jetpack and I'm on the ice caves, which have tons of room to manoeuvre in. Even then, I'll usually get impatient and just continue on.
Does anyone have any recommendations for visual novels with female protagonists? I want to try Hakuoki but I can't access it for a while so I want something while I'm waiting.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatoful Boyfriend?
Already played it :L
"Ghostrunning" What is this??
~◕ w◕~
(09-01-2013, 12:45 AM)Whimbrel Wrote: »"Ghostrunning" What is this??
The ghost that shows up after spending 2 minutes, 30 seconds in any given level will turn all gems he passes over into diamonds. This can be abused if you have the right gear or level setup, deliberately avoiding gems until he shows up and then turning them all into hyper-valuable diamonds.
keiji inafune, totes being discreet

somebody has actually paid ten thousand dollars to have dinner with him
(09-01-2013, 02:22 AM)MrGuy Wrote: »
(09-01-2013, 12:45 AM)Whimbrel Wrote: »"Ghostrunning" What is this??
The ghost that shows up after spending 2 minutes, 30 seconds in any given level will turn all gems he passes over into diamonds. This can be abused if you have the right gear or level setup, deliberately avoiding gems until he shows up and then turning them all into hyper-valuable diamonds.
The ghost, for those unfamiliar with the game, is also extremely large, can pass through walls, tracks your position, and kills you instantly on contact. It moves slowly, but all that means is getting past it is usually difficult. Hence the right gear or level being important for exploiting the one good thing about it.
(09-01-2013, 02:30 AM)weirdee Wrote: »keiji inafune, totes being discreet

somebody has actually paid ten thousand dollars to have dinner with him

Woah, that looks pretty neat. Even if it's too much of a Megaman rip-off.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Oh shit this could be awesome

It's obvious that he wanted to make another Mega Man game but couldn't because of rights issues, but eh, I'm okay with the thinly veiled replacement character. The shapeshifting ability looks cool.

Also if this game looks anything like the mockup screens they've posted it's gonna be gorgeous. I like the music too. Excited for this.

(also, inexplicable bright pink dog at 2:35 whaaaaaaat)