Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Three: Forgotten Whispers]
Nos chuckles as he watches Thunderpaw immediately after the dance and the battle. "Heheh. Did some pretty good damage out there, huh rabbit-guy... knight... guy. Not that anybody should've expected any less." Nos looks like he's about to start prattling on even as Thunderpaw starts talking to the stranger, but Bohw's shout draws his attention for a second. Seeing several people already working on holding Hellbent Bohw down, he sighs and turns away after a few seconds.

Instead he goes back to harassing Thunderpaw, leaning heavily on his shoulder and laughing at nothing in particular before intentionally sliding off of his shoulder plate and falling face first in the dirt, still laughing.
"So, is it safe to assume that you being here means we are heading in the right direction?"

Thunderpaw contemplates. It felt like a year since he had that vision, yet it had been only a mere few days. Yet so much has happened in those few days one could hardly sense the flowing of time. However, now was not the time for contemplation; there were questions that needed answers.

"Many have fallen for us to meet in this cave, and though my people are devote to visions as sacred, those in the troupe I guard see otherwise. They deserve an explanation as to why their brother have fallen in vain to find yours."
[Image: darksun1.png]

"All will be explained in time, you have my word. First, though-"

He falls silent abruptly, looking up in shock. The presence you felt only moments before becomes startlingly apparent, as it seems to... Writhe? Seethe? You do not know how to describe what you feel. But you do understand the thousandfold voice of whispers that follows.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

As the manifold voice speaks, a dark aura envelops the hydra. Rather than retreating, its fury seems to have been renewed! Each head now ablaze with a shade of black energy, it turns its attention towards the far shore. The stranger calmly lifts his walking staff, summoning from it an emerald beam of power which shoots towards the hydra! It strikes a neck, and the hydra blankly ignores the attack, advancing on the man, several heads opening their maws to retaliate with a dark beam, crackling towards the man. Dropping his staff, he throws up his hands to envelop himself in protective power against the Hydra's assault. In frustration, it tears and batters at him, and the cowled stranger responds to each attack with a new barrier, straining to catch all of the many attacks launched by the Hydra.

"No! I should have known it would be a trap! Aldieb, get me out of here, now!"

Also of relevance, Bohw manages to restrain herself from murdering everyone long enough for an entire pile of people to pile on top of her. That might be the lesser threat right now through.

Something stirs in the waters. "Look!" Mael shouts. "It is leaving itself open to attack to better focus its attack on that lunatic! Strike now!"

Stats
SpoilerShow
He rises from the ground, having appropriately restrained Bohw and saw a hellish spectacle of wonders.

Watson is ... really tired of the hydra. He takes the Spear from his back and dual-wields the Great Sword and Spear thing and goes underwater to attack the body of the hydra itself, plunging both.

Still holding onto the plunged weaponry, he uses his mana leapers to propel him out of the water and back onto shore.
Savannah was holding down Bohw's arm, barely preventing herself from being thrown off, when she sees Watson get up and run away somewhere. She feels a light splatter of water on her back and turns to yell at Watson, only to find her very best monster friend back with a vengeance.

"...Again? Damnint." She taps Mayor on the shoulder, gesturing to the hydra, before climbing off and walking over to the water. "HEY!" Savannah yells at the beast, casting Absolute Zero on the first four heads that turn towards her.
"Don't leave!" Nos shouts at the stranger, in a panicked voice, "You're a distraction!" After waving at the guy for a few seconds (presumably in vain), Nos gives up and sees Watson trying to attack the hydra's body.

"Say, there's an idea." Nos muses to himself, and follows Watson's lead and tries to hammer the body of the hydra, leaping into the water and swimming after the hydra. Once he gets close to it he leaps out of the water as best as he can to slam his hammer into whatevermuch of the hydra is within hammering distance, again and again as long as the hydra isn't stopping him.
"OI! BEASTY! DID YE FORGET ABOUT SOMETHIN?"

Ignoring the trembling voice booming through the caverns, Thunderpaw charged for the coast. He uses his featherfall ring to make the gap across the water and onto the hydra head, which he uses as a stepping stone to get down to the stranger.

"Aven'sera! We're the distraction. Give those dark heads something to think about!"

The rabit jumps around the side of the lake, attempting to divert some of the heads' attention. He wasn't going to let this mystery man die without answering questions.

SpoilerShow
Yes! Now is the time!

As you near the far shore, you can suddenly distinguish the thing that has been glowing ever since you entered the cavern. Its a second shard, similar to Aven'sara, though its shape is different and it doesnt have the same aura about it.

Yes, you! You will be my champion!
When the monster speaks, Mayor almost seizes up entirely, the only signs of movement being Bohw's squirming. Bohw shrieks out, still being held back by Mayor. "No!! Let-! GYAAAAH!! MUST YOU RESIST?!"

Writhing about, Bohw has finally had enough and shoves Mayor away with a pulse of dark energy, throwing the golem to the ground relatively unharmed. She flies above the water with no delay, preparing another spell and crackling with electrical energy.

"All must end!" She shouts, rising her hands above her head and building up a sphere of thunder. Her target seems entirely unclear as of now, but Bohw seems to be staring down the Writhe looking as mad as ever.

Mayor rises to his feet and gathers his senses, he has so many questions but now is not the time -nor does he have the vocal ability, to ask those questions. He reluctantly runs into the fray to taunt the demon and begins by smacking his shield with his palm, followed by a golem's scratchy roar. With any luck, this demon remembers Mayor well enough for him to draw some of the fire.

((If you get wounded, Frolic or Kiven, hide behind Mayor or jump on his back. It's kinda safer there. Kinda.))
(Fyi Writhe is an ability, the hitpoints indicated belong to the hydra

Also this is when i rub my hands together and chuckle evilly to myself)
>GRAB THE SHARD ALSO! That should probably be taken out of the firing path.
Samsouvra Daishar
Reduces all cooldowns by 50%. Items not included.
Lucid Oblivion. Blood Glory.
(08-15-2013, 03:25 PM)chimericWilder Wrote: »Lucid Oblivion. Blood Glory.
(...I take it this isn't a light-aligned crystal? o-o)
Well you could ask

In all fairness though its an unprecise translation overall.
(08-15-2013, 01:06 PM)chimericWilder Wrote: »(Fyi Writhe is an ability, the hitpoints indicated belong to the hydra

Also this is when i rub my hands together and chuckle evilly to myself)

((Oh, I guess I was really tired when I wrote that. I dunno, I can usually only post commands late at night, so most likely that my brain power takes a nosedive as a result. Eh, you know who my ideal target is.))
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

"Looks like it's not over yet," Myra grumbles as she casts a healing spell on herself and Savannah. They'll be paying the most if they get hit too hard or too much as they are right now. If she has time afterwards, she'll dash behind Mayor to help him with his distracting shenanigans.
If you look closely you'll see that you got rid of the Anathema and that nobody's command actually got quoted (i do that sometimes when im feeling fancy). Also remember what i said about holidays. i really dont mind them. You should mind them though. Because you dont get any updates when they're in effect. :D
[Image: darksun1.png]

SpoilerShow

(08-14-2013, 11:57 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »He rises from the ground, having appropriately restrained Bohw and saw a hellish spectacle of wonders.

Watson is ... really tired of the hydra. He takes the Spear from his back and dual-wields the Great Sword and Spear thing and goes underwater to attack the body of the hydra itself, plunging both.

Still holding onto the plunged weaponry, he uses his mana leapers to propel him out of the water and back onto shore.

SpoilerShow

Weapons drawn, you leap into the water, only for the massive bulk of the hydra's scaly lower body to emerge from the frothing waters! Far too late, you realize that you have miscalculated your jump horribly as the Hydra's tail swings around, taking you full in the stomach for 510 damage, tossing you back towards the shore with resounding force! Fortunately, you manage to right yourself with the Leapers before you would have come to a potentially fatal landing. Instead you merely land rather disgracefully, but quite safely regardless. (Hit 1)

(08-15-2013, 01:09 AM)SupahKiven Wrote: »Savannah was holding down Bohw's arm, barely preventing herself from being thrown off, when she sees Watson get up and run away somewhere. She feels a light splatter of water on her back and turns to yell at Watson, only to find her very best monster friend back with a vengeance.

"...Again? Damnint." She taps Mayor on the shoulder, gesturing to the hydra, before climbing off and walking over to the water. "HEY!" Savannah yells at the beast, casting Absolute Zero on the first four heads that turn towards her.

Surprisingly enough the heads completely ignore you, focusing instead on the strange man. Well you guess it doesnt really matter what way they are looking, so you blast them with your spell anyway, freezing them in their tracks! Or, necks rather. Heads dont really leave tracks. Anyway, each of the heads take 255 damage! More importantly you have frozen them pretty solidly, hampering their ability to attack! (roll 12+5)

(08-15-2013, 03:24 AM)Dais Wrote: »"Don't leave!" Nos shouts at the stranger, in a panicked voice, "You're a distraction!" After waving at the guy for a few seconds (presumably in vain), Nos gives up and sees Watson trying to attack the hydra's body.

"Say, there's an idea." Nos muses to himself, and follows Watson's lead and tries to hammer the body of the hydra, leaping into the water and swimming after the hydra. Once he gets close to it he leaps out of the water as best as he can to slam his hammer into whatevermuch of the hydra is within hammering distance, again and again as long as the hydra isn't stopping him.

You eye the Hydra, intent on giving it a good whacking. But then you glance sideways, spotting Bohw. You cant help but want her to be free from all the people restraining! And you get this totally awesome idea which involves playing a bit of DEMON HOCKEY and you cant help but grin deviously at your brilliance. So you kind of grab Bohw by the hand or claw or whatever and before you can rethink your plan you leap into the air, out over the water, doing a totally sweet somersault, flipping your demonic projectile into place and then its time for da slam! Only afterwards do you realize that you probably shouldnt have struck your friend like that but you have to admit that she does make quite a good projectile, sort of like a very angry squirrel being thrown in someones face. Except very large and even angrier and capable of tearing most of everything she hits in half. Anyway, you deal 146 damage to both of them (roll 8+13).

(08-15-2013, 05:18 AM)MasterBlade Wrote: »"OI! BEASTY! DID YE FORGET ABOUT SOMETHIN?"

Ignoring the trembling voice booming through the caverns, Thunderpaw charged for the coast. He uses his featherfall ring to make the gap across the water and onto the hydra head, which he uses as a stepping stone to get down to the stranger.

"Aven'sera! We're the distraction. Give those dark heads something to think about!"

The rabit jumps around the side of the lake, attempting to divert some of the heads' attention. He wasn't going to let this mystery man die without answering questions.

Thanks to your ring, you are able to easily clear the long distance in an unnaturally graceful leap, and, thanks to a few acrobatics, you soon land on the small rocky outcropping beside the stranger, grabbing the crystal hanging suspended midair between four pillars, similar to those you saw in the fortress. Theres also a small stone dais off to one side, aswell as the remains of a rotting wooden table on the other side. You dont really have time to take in the scene through, and hurriedly stow the new crystal into your bagpack despite its mental protests that it can float just fine on its own, thank you very much, and then you guess you kind of make an effort to get the hydra's attention but it doesnt really seem to notice your existence at all and short of throwing yourself in the path of each attack, you cant seem to think of a way to divert it (roll 1).

The shards seem to have some ideas, though. Aven'sara bristles with power, imbueing a Circle of Protection into the ground around the stranger, acting to take off the worst of each blow. Samsouvra, on the other hand, cackles with glee, casting several spells and combining them a single spell. A black rune of power appears, opening into a gateway from which shoots a purple fireball, crackling with unholy power. It splits into a dozen smaller fireballs, bombarding the advancing hydra heads. Though they ignore the unholy fire, the flames leave nasty sweltering wounds across the collective hydra heads. Even as the fire dissipates, the wounds continue to burn with crackling fire, dealing a total of 1215 damage.

(08-15-2013, 12:19 PM)BlazerC Wrote: »When the monster speaks, Mayor almost seizes up entirely, the only signs of movement being Bohw's squirming. Bohw shrieks out, still being held back by Mayor. "No!! Let-! GYAAAAH!! MUST YOU RESIST?!"

Writhing about, Bohw has finally had enough and shoves Mayor away with a pulse of dark energy, throwing the golem to the ground relatively unharmed. She flies above the water with no delay, preparing another spell and crackling with electrical energy.

"All must end!" She shouts, rising her hands above her head and building up a sphere of thunder. Her target seems entirely unclear as of now, but Bohw seems to be staring down the Hydra looking as mad as ever.

Mayor rises to his feet and gathers his senses, he has so many questions but now is not the time -nor does he have the vocal ability, to ask those questions. He reluctantly runs into the fray to taunt the demon and begins by smacking his shield with his palm, followed by a golem's scratchy roar. With any luck, this demon remembers Mayor well enough for him to draw some of the fire.

Surprisingly, you manage to restrain yourself from murdering your friends again. Even more surprisingly, Nos decides that picking you up and lugging you about is a really good idea. You'd probably have killed him then and there if not for your astounding willpower. Instead, you find yourself hurtling towards the hydra's backside at highspeeds, and, after being brutally smashed into that situation by your 'friend' (and you wonder to yourself what the hell that is), your patience concerning all things murder is wearing thin, at best. So, you throw that lightning sphere you built up earlier downwards before you, the sphere striking the hydra in a flash of thunderous power, and only moments later do you yourself strike into its backside, like a demon from the sky, tearing and flaying at the hydra's exposed flesh, carving deep, bloody gouges that leak shadows. It writhes in pain, but still the heads ignore you, intent only on your other target. That is well. You will come for him aswell. Eventually.

Your attack deals 936 damage! (Roll 15+8+3, crit!)

However, as you attack, red lightning courses through the hydra, and as you strike at it, it, in turn, strikes you, dealing 360 damage!

Mayor prepares himself for the hurt. He would have tried to distract Bohw but Nos seemed to have that well in hand. More or less. In his own way. Kind of.

(08-19-2013, 02:02 AM)Frolic Wrote: »"Looks like it's not over yet," Myra grumbles as she casts a healing spell on herself and Savannah. They'll be paying the most if they get hit too hard or too much as they are right now. If she has time afterwards, she'll dash behind Mayor to help him with his distracting shenanigans.

Using spells of Binding, you heal both yourself and Savannah for 153 health! It doesnt look like much is happening to threaten you personally right now though but you suppose its always well to be prepared, unless you want to die unexpectedly and painfully.

---

Razan protects himself for 385 damage! (roll 3+8)

The Hydra begins its assault!
The heads deal 236, MISS, 158, 368, 210, 123, 333 and 578 damage!

Two new heads have grown!

Mael moves forwards, leaping from the shore and onto the Hydra's back, swinging his sword downwards in a deadly strike, embedding the blade in the Hydra's muscle down to the hilt, then pulling it back out in a spray of blood and gore, dealing 990 damage! (Roll 18+4)

Stats
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Being able to rely more on the Leapers, Watson uses them again to get closer to the body. He keeps his spear on his back, as it is more of a secondary-arm and would hinder his sword swinging.

"Savannah, I hear your healing is the best in the land and t'would be modest of you to send some my way!" Watson called out. He then swirled some iodic acid in a wine glass and threw it on the hydra's scales before plunging his sword in that spot.
Savannah pulls out her sword, reluctant to get back to attacking the hydra, when she hears Watson yell out to her in his Watson nonsense. Secretly relieved, Savannah makes her way back behind Mayor. She pulls her healing wand out of her pocket and climbs onto Mayor's back again.

"Yo, hi. Hope you don't mind, I'm just kind of doing some healing back here so I don't get hit." Savannah mutters some stuff at Mayor and, aiming her healing wand like a pistol, fires it at Watson.
Mayor nods, presumably in response to Savannah's mutterings, but keeps his focus on Bohw for now. That beast isn't going to attack anything other than Razan (-at least, Mayor thinks that's Razan) for now, so he might as well focus his efforts elsewhere. He unequips his shield and grabs the shield by the edge, taking a throwing stance and takes aim at the volatile Bohw, she's ready to turn any second now, but not much is more distracting than a sheet of metal hitting you in the face.

Bohw however, is more occupied with shouting things at Nos. "Charming as always, Nos!", she screams across the room, still all the while looking unmistakably insane. She makes a mental note to torture the bastard, but that gives her a brilliant idea to torture the Hydra some more, or whatever that throbbing screaming in the back of her head is telling her to do. She just cackles and begins to draw some more runes, even if one was familiar with the art of runes, it is unlikely that they would know this ancient spell, forcing the victim's most powerful attacks to be locked down for a short while.

((Mayor is taunt attacking Bohw if necessary, Bohw is forcing cooldowns on the Hydra's special attacks.))
Myra sighs in gratitude as she feels her spell kicking in. She watches with a mixture of concern and relief as the stranger across the cavern is barraged with attack after attack. Poor fella. She's got to do something while that Hydra is still exposing itself. An idea quickly comes to mind.

"Hey, would anyone mind uhhh," Myra started, until her eyes spotted the stalactites hanging above, "launching me- Oh wait, I have a whip!" Myra pulls out her Silken Strands, and lashes out to wrap around a stalactite. She gives it a few strong tugs to make sure neither stone nor whip will be defeated by her weight, although the sticky nature of her Silken Strands helps ease her mind.

Having made sure she won't fall mid-swing, Myra backs up a few feet, mutters, "Hope this works...!" and then starts running. She kicks off the ground with as much force as she can muster, and swings for the Hydra body. The ravenfolk waits until just the right moment before tugging on the whip with force to release it from its hold. As she descends towards the Hydra, Myra activates her Wraith's Jewel and exacts Punishment on the Hydra's body, or whatever part of it gets in her way.
(Hey Chim, since Samsouvra Daishar gives 50% cooldown reduction, shouldn't Blade of Light be ready now?)
Nos can't help it. He starts giggling uncontrollably as he sends Bohw flying towards the Hydra, so much so that he falls over laughing. His hammer drops out of his hand as he points at Bohw tearing into the Hydra and laughs. "Hahaha! Yahahahehee! Hoooo, wooow! Lookit her go! An- *cough* an- heehee, and whazzat she's doing noWAHahah!?" Sparks start flying out of Nos's fingers and start to drift towards Bohw, and start to coalesce into a cloud that moves towards her faster. The cloud forms into tendrils that try to poke at Bohw's runes and seem to be trying to merge with them to enhance the power of Bohw's spell.

Nos, seemingly unaware of what he OR Bohw are doing, falls on his back still laughing.

((Use the berserker burst on a spell to empower Bohw's spell.))