We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/245170/

everyone who wants this should get it now or put it on their wishlist because guess who is prepared to spend a lot of money on a fighting game he cant even play well
I never really cared about getting it until now because I haven't had Gold on my Xbox for years so yay finally.
Locomalito has a new game out! It is about a giant kaiju bird that destroys cities. Play it.

(08-02-2013, 03:00 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

best
I might have accidentally Gaurodan.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
(08-03-2013, 02:53 AM)Gnauga Wrote: »I might have accidentally Gaurodan.

Hey, it even glitches like a classic game. FEATURE
Can't give you proper opinions on the DLC. I only bought Old World Blues, but I heard that was the best of them.

New Vegas in general gave me mixed feelings. My biggest complaint from Fallout 3 was that the society with that many raiders and that few towns would've fallen apart and really there should be more civilization after 200 years anyways. New Vegas addressed this and introduced much stronger communities, but then this in turn made the game really boring once everyone liked you and there was hardly anyone left to fight.
on one hand, stealth killing = not losing any reputation with a faction does make it a bit easy after you basically lie everybody's pants off

on the other hand, it is realistic that nobody ever figures out that you're the person responsible if you're just that good at killing

the best thief will actually have the highest reputation possible

which, once again, makes sense because it seems like the people with the most power in the mojave region are the hugest assholes
Karma or Reputation? Because Karma is just like a universal force of morality it doesn't matter if anybody saw you still did a Bad Thing. You know, like My Name Is Earl. Obviously.
All you people and your actually owning fallout
I'm jealous
karma just changes based on your actions, not if anybody sees you doing it, and is supposedly the basis of your character's outlook on life, which influences the kind of person they are, which in turn would give off a vibe of villainry or heroism, regardless of what they know about you

in practice, new vegas, unlike fallout 3, doesn't actually give a shit about your karma, except for exactly one character (who you can just not talk to in order to avoid losing them as a companion), the wording of the ending (classics such as "even though the courier was a paragon of virtue, they supported the dickbag ceasares" or "although everybody questioned the courier's methods, they still got the ncr back in power and law was established over the region"), and two very specific, dlc based endgame perks that are both arguably good no matter which side you pick

steal all you want, and if you want good karma, just go kill more ghouls and fiends
Tomorrow is fireworks day in Animal Crossing. Who wants to get together in Animal Crossing tomorrow evening?
I'm up for it.
Whatever you think of EverQuest, EQNext is a technical accomplishment.

(me? no opinion. never played.)
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
Related to Fallout 3/New Vegas discussions, as this was my experience with both:

[Image: aZPMWnn_460s.jpg]

(Apologies for 9gag)
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
(08-04-2013, 06:58 AM)BRPXQZME Wrote: »Whatever you think of EverQuest, EQNext is a technical accomplishment.

(me? no opinion. never played.)

This is dope

I also seem to recall that Everquest recently implemented some crazy webcam face tracking thing that translates your expression onto your character's face during chat. Or am I just imagining things?

edit: nope!
you can just go into the console with the tilde key, click on him while in the console, enter "disable" and he'll vanish forever
malky only came to my town to try to find a house centipede

I feel so used
house centipedes
:3 :3 :3

bees <3

I was super surprised when I found my first house centipede a few days ago though. They're like the size of your head. Last I checked, the ones around my house irl are like. Two inches.
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
Oh Canada

I don’t know the rest of the song. I don’t watch enough hockey for that.

(to clarify the difference from last time: you can now start projects)
(08-06-2013, 04:10 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »I don't think anyone in game journalism actually understands game criticism. Doesn't that seem like a bit of a problem to anyone else? I'm not enough of a cinema nerd to know anything about it, but I would not be surprised to learn that the sort of artistic insight offered in some of Red Letter Media's reviews is sorely lacking in the rest of the film loving and journalistic community. Why is quality art criticism so rare? You either get shallow, ignorant analysis or writers focused entirely on the cleverness of their prose as opposed to what they are actually saying.
As someone who rolls with film nerds, I can confirm that most film review sites are pretty bad.

The thing about reviews is that they occupy a weird space: They're ostensibly functional, as most people read them to find out if they should buy Product (X), but lots of writers just treat them like an opinion column.

I think this is partly because writing good reviews is hard! To fairly evaluate something you have to spend a lot of time with it, and that's tough when you're writing on deadline.

Reviews are always going to be subjective, sure, but that doesn't mean spending time on research isn't important. If I listen to an album once and barf up 500 words about it, that's gonna be a lot less helpful to you than if I spun it several times, saw how it compared to the band's other albums/similar artists, and thought about how it was produced.

Quote:I don't even need to link to Pitchfork as a joke Stij because you were already thinking it.
busted
I would read your reviews/crits/whatevers. What's your tumblr username?

Anyway, yeah, I'm not saying deadlines are an excuse for poor reviews, just that they can be a factor. Especially when sites compete to see who can review something the soonest after it comes out (and, presumably, get more pageviews).
oh my god mario and luigi dream team has achievements i'm not going to play any other video game am i
what?

achivements like the bowsers inside story end of game titles or?
In-game achievements that earn you in-game gear. The Nintendo Direct said they add replayability, so presumably they carry over into a new game+? The game as a whole looks very similar to Bowser's Inside Story (which is not a bad thing), so there'll probably be some sort of end title thing as well.
The variance of soft reset combos have caused me grief on the PS2 before. IIRC one time it was just all four shoulder buttons. Of course, it’s never made my day as bad as this guy’s.