We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
Maybe pokeworld cameras are an extension of apricorn technology and record footage into pokeballs theough invisible red proton beams
Perhaps Shinkiro is one favorite over here. Basically THE look of SNK before they went bankrupt (and now he is A look of Capcom ever since... I don’t know that he has as big a hand in character design as he did at SNK, though—heck, I don’t know much of a hand in it he had back then, either). He’s really got this nice spot somewhere between classical fine art and manga style, with a smooth, painterly shading style. And while I’ve seen criticism about how he “makes everything look the same and normal”, that’s probably his strength, not straying too far into the outlandish fantasy outfits Japanese character designers sometimes get a little carried away with.
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
(07-20-2013, 09:46 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »And now I know his name. I like his soft shading a lot.

Here's a rehost 'cause that links redirects me somewhere else. Another thing i really like about Bengus is his dramatic poses, mostly used in character's win portraits.

Harada's art looks pretty interesting and cute, it's weird how i don't know anything about Disgaea yet i immediately identify the art style.

I like Shinkiro's style too, despite being the most realistic style out of SNK, it usually looks surreal because of the unrealistic character designs. For real.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
(07-20-2013, 10:51 PM)Ed Wrote: »I like Shinkiro's style too, despite being the most realistic style out of SNK, it usually looks surreal because of the unrealistic character designs. For real.
I know the eyes are surreal, particularly in his pre-Capcom stuff. Comparisons to George Clooney become inevitable. There’s such minimal shading on the sclerae that they really “pop”.
Kind of left field, but I love the style of Gueuzav, the lead artist for Ankama Games. He's got a bright, smooth-shaded, manga-esque style that reminds me of Atlus's games.

(warning: huge)

SpoilerShow
Woah, yeah, that's really nice.

The one thing I don't get is, why would you go to all the trouble of making a video game and then name it Dofus?
Probably sounds cooler in French. I guess.
You think that's bad? The sequel is called Wakfu. I don't care what language you speak, that is some Warhammer of Zillyhoo-level shit.

Anyway, yeah, I played Dofus for a bit, and like Supes, I enjoyed it, but not enough to shell out for a subscription. It's a fun Final Fantasy Tactics-style game, though.

I agree with Supes that the female characters are uncomfortably sexualized, though. Oh well. That seems to be a common theme in this discussion :/

edit: There is also a Wakfu animated series and it's gorgeous
I'm a little unclear on the chronology, actually. I think the game was announced first, but the show was released before it? They came out around the same time, in any case.

I wanna see if anyone has made a decent English sub yet because I watched the first few episodes (in French) and loved the animation.
iirc from when i was sorta following it dofus was out when they made the wakfu animated series and the game was in development at that time?

english subs shouldnt be that hard to find either, i remember there being download lists of the series w/subs on some chan site
Sol's correct, Dofus game came first, then Wakfu show, then Wakfu game, then Dofus show (which might be still airing?)

I found the whole set subbed a while back, but that was back on Demonoid. Subs are out there though.
Wait, there's a Dofus show too? I had no idea.
i feel like a dofus for not knowing that
#baddofus/wakfujokes

the only thing worse would be if we started making puns based on the races

I'm in on the general consensus that both Dofus and Wakfu are good games, but they're not good enough to warrant subscriptions - and F2P version is just not worth it
Man most of the class names in Dofus are jokes already

Cra = "arc" ("bow" in French), Xelor = "Rolex", Osamodas = "sado-maso", etc. There's a whole list somewhere.

Toki Tori update: damn, this game is hard. The open world elements are cool, though. What's kind of fascinating to me is that there are no upgrades in the game - the only thing that changes is your knowledge of how the world works. You go back to old areas and suddenly realize there's a whole alternate path you missed. It's just an elegantly designed game.

The lack of upgrades also opens up interesting possibilities for sequence-breaking/speedrunning, if that's your thing.
aye, that's why the jokes would make things even worse

I've heard Toki Tori is pretty fun

I've been playing super meat boy since Sol bought it for me
fuck some of these levels man
mostly Rapture
Shantae's on Virtual Console for 3DS, so like, I don't know about you guys, but I know what I'm doing this weekend.
DIVEKCIK GREENLIT FOR STEAM

THIS IS NOT A DRILL
Teleglitch came out on Steam immediately after the summer sale ended
slightly mad :c
"The parties are advised to chill." - Supreme Court of the United States, case opinion written by Justice Souter
(07-25-2013, 12:40 AM)TickTickTockTock Wrote: »Teleglitch came out on Steam immediately after the summer sale ended
slightly mad :c
Wouldn’t be the first time a release has been delayed exactly timed to when the sale ends.
@Supes: The thing is, who the hell buys these? Aren't the vast majority of games sold on eBay still priced reasonably? How does the presence of a few weirdos selling $5000 sealed copies of games "artificially inflate prices" for the rest of the market? Am I misunderstanding something here?
Yeah, that would make sense. I just figured that VGA grading was such a niche thing (I had never heard of it!) that most sellers/buyers weren't aware of it. I dunno though, you know more about this stuff than I do. I hardly ever use eBay.

Fact Seagull Those niche buyers have a low price elasticity of demand!
What I hate about game collecting driving prices up is that some games are so rare they register as collectibles by definition

a case in point: Have you ever tried to find a copy of Volume 4 of the first .Hack series? if not, allow me to enlighten you: I have yet to find a copy below $79.99 online.

I OWN THE OTHER THREE SO THIS DRIVES ME NUTS because it means I will likely never finish the series... and there are games far rarer than this, stuff for the N64 and etc. Finding even a used copy of these for low prices is a pain sometimes hhh
(07-25-2013, 04:02 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Relatedly, do we have any opinions on SFA3 and 3rd Strike in this thread?
I main Makoto in 3s because I don’t want to be yet another Ken or Chun. I recently switched from Seichūsen (SA1) to Tosanami (SA2), but I guess that’s irrelevant because I’ve had nobody convenient to play against in years.

It was good while it lasted, though. RIT had a little subsection of the game-playing club that did 3s every week (this was before SF4 was released).
SFA3 is like a cooler version of SF2. I haven't played 3rd Strike that much, but it looks pretty fun and worth investing some time in, again, i've heard the console ports weren't good until the psn/xlive rereleases came out but i guess the ps2 version is good enough to get the gist of the game.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]