We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
(06-11-2013, 08:02 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »I admire the fact that Sony went for the jugular, because Nintendo never would.
Oh, that’s their style now, but in the 80s and 90s every console manufacturer played a nasty game of hardball, to the point that at the 1993 Senate hearings on video game violence, NoA’s guy tried to sell Sega down the river instead of walking in lockstep with the industry stance that the new ESRB system was a solution. (“Now you’re playing with fire!”)
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
[Image: tumblr_mo8i74BtdH1qjhmoto1_500.gif]

Should have happened a generation ago.
Villager looks like the new game and watch yeah and megaman
megam an is gonna be the new technical character
this makes me happy

MARTH BETTER BE BACK THO

I WANT MY COUNTERSPAMS
Is there really no tingle tuner? You'd think that as they have essentially released a console with a built in GBA connector cable that they'd be all about that as a feature.
No but look at what else they just announced
so that's basically fantastic
I hope they add the Brain Age guy. I want to play as every character ever.

Weird duck thing from Picross 3D for Smash Bros character!
[Image: NiMsiHZ.jpg]
DANG i forgot E3 was supposed to be exciting.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Excuse me while I'm over here raging irrationally at the terrible changes to Bowser's design in the new game.

he looks like a man in a rubber bowser suit GRUMBLE GRUMBLE

Ok now time to look at E3 things that aren't Smash. Bros or Mirror's Edge
Well, there’s always some part of me thinking they could do worse.

I guess I should just be thankful they didn’t add Superbook to the lineup of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
Torn between my growing interest in the WiiU and my utter lack of money

But yeah Wii Fit Person is definitely a sign that they're desperate for new characters. But I don't care because MEGAMAN SONNNNNNNNNNNNN
(06-11-2013, 06:29 PM)Red709 Wrote: »MARTH BETTER BE BACK THO

I WANT MY COUNTERSPAMS
If there isn't some way to play Lady Marth from FE:A like a skin change or whatever I'm gonna be really upset
I don't know why they're reaching out for characters, they have plenty from their existing franchises, but i guess nobody wants to see Bowser Jr or King K. Rool.

Megaman's inclusion actually got me really excited, his introduction is one of the best intrductions to any crossover ever; his silhouette on top of a hill, the cyborg shit, his adorable design, god i love it, i wish i hadn't spoiled it for myself by checking tumblr first though. It puts Snake's cheesy "It's showtime" to shame.

It would be so neat if they got more 3rd party characters in there.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
For the record, I do actually like the Wii Fit Trainer as a character. I see it less as "reaching" and more as an amusing inclusion.

basically I just think it's really funny
(06-11-2013, 09:41 PM)cyber95 Wrote: »For the record, I do actually like the Wii Fit Trainer as a character. I see it less as "reaching" and more as an amusing inclusion.

basically I just think it's really funny
Same here. It'd probably mean more to me if I actually ever played Wii Fit once in my life but I think it's cool to have her in (especially since odds are good that Nintendo's not going to go out of its way to put women characters in (I hope the Villager can skin swap but I'm not counting on it)).

Plus, I'm okay with adding in a bunch of extras in general since my favourites to play can be odd ones. Toon Link was an example of a weird clone inclusion but he's my favourite to play in SSBB
(uh, the Kremlings are under Rare's rights, which is why they weren't in dkc returns)
Still waiting for playable Bowser Jr., Koopa (Para)Troopa, and Hammer Bro.

(the fact that these are all in plushie form right next to my head has nothing to do with this shhh)
It's nice to see Chargin' Chuck again, although I didn't know he had hair under that helmet the entire time
(06-12-2013, 03:09 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Bowser is a stupid tokusatsu turtle. How is this not completely fitting.
:I

:IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

look I just

really like how brawl did bowser like it was the right mix of power and cartoonishness

this is just kind of weird I mean he walks totally upright what is going on
Personally hoping for more costumes. I know recolors are easier, but it'd still be nice to see. They already did Wario with biker/classic; it'd be neat to have, say, Megaman X, Female Villager, Wolf (as Fox, rather than in addition to), or any of Samus or Link's various suits.

Interesting to note: they haven't announced any clones yet. Here's hoping they manage not to have any this time around; Luigi and Ganon, for example, definitely have enough of their own things going for them that they don't have to be Not-Mario and Not-Captain Falcon of all things.
Dropping Ganondorf entirely would be a bolder move than I'm willing to predict will happen. However there's another option in having the normal Ganondorf as a character but also Ganon as his pig monster wizard form.

I don't mind clones when handled well, though that may be bias from me loving to play as Toon Link. Toon Link and Wolf played vastly differently from Link and Fox; the main issue I had honestly was the final smashes since FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY DID YOU PUT THE LANDMASTER IN THERE THREE TIMES : (
Capt. Falcon was an unlockable in the first game. He's a core character but I can understand him being left out of this "core", especially to make room for Pit and Bowser.

Re: Pikmin
I admit I never finished Pikmin II because the lack of immediate need to get things done right now meant perfectionism made me focus on doing things perfectly that led to anxiety. I also never finished Pikmin because the time limit directly stimulated my anxiety. So either way I'm screwed :L
I will admit that what clones they have had haven't been pure clones, but it's still irksome that it's happening at all. Luigi in particular isn't defined by the platformers anymore, so I'm really hoping-- particularly this year of all years-- they manage to do something different with him. My clone "hate" is mostly a matter of principle than an actual dislike of the characters. I loved Dr. Mario in Melee, but that doesn't mean I can't be mad at his inclusion in the first place.

Mega Man and Villager make me hopeful in that regard. Mega Man's focus on ranged fighting is a bold move, and Villager's ability to bury opponents, plant trees and pocket projectiles is certainly out there. Worth noting, the tree-plant move seems to be several moves chained together, rather than a single animation. Meaning, theoretically, that he could plant a tree for later, water it to create a wall between himself and his opponents for a breather, bury them, then chop the tree down on them from the other side. From what little we've seen, he seems like an area controller rather than a straight-up fighter.

Gon' plant my trees on the stage edge all day erry day

Hope you didn't want to recover oh no guess y'did

E: Holy shit Pikmin 3

That looks really good. I like the RTS direction they're taking with it, and can only hope they push their designs with it. I'll grant that the time limit in the first game was great thematically, but I'm not sure how they'd justify it. I mean, aside from the obvious, but I don't think making the player directly responsible for the starvation of their people is a thing they'd do.
Also can I say the fact that it looks as if Final Destination has become an actual arena vaguely reminiscent of the one you fight Dedede in amuses me