Music

Poll: Your musical genre?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
35.23%
31 35.23%
No
21.59%
19 21.59%
All of the above
43.18%
38 43.18%
Total 88 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Music
RE: Music
SpoilerShow
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
I kinda felt the same way a couple years ago when I got tired of prog. I think it's good, though! Try some new stuff!

SpoilerShow

Bought my dad this album for Father's Day. I really like it too.
(06-03-2013, 11:12 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Dig This!

SpoilerShow

dug

also:

SpoilerShow

Thundercat's new album dropped recently. I think I posted his first a while ago. He's a bassist/singer who's collaborated with Flying Lotus a lot. Some of his better cuts, like this one, sound somewhere between George Duke and weird glitchy electronic stuff.
(06-05-2013, 12:26 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

This record is so dope it's fuckin' ridiculous

Love that vocoder solo at 4:50
I appreciate it at least :3

Regulars of this thread will know that I am a connoisseur of Bad Metal. Today, I was revisiting what might be the crown jewel of my collection:

SpoilerShow

I'd like you all, if you can, to just take a moment and revel in its inexplicable glory: the band name, the video, the music, everything.

Thank you.
I-i don't understand the screams, and i don't think i'll ever will.

I do listen to most things here but i never comment because i have nothing to say, if i like something i give it a like on youtube to listen to it again.

After all, what am i going to say? "I like this". I don't understand shit about music.
Stij Wrote:Bad Metal
My god, it's like someone jammed all the themes from F-Zero GX together

I

enjoy this, somehow? But how

In other news, I been playing' TWEWY too damn much. Game's an excellent and varied soundtrack; I recommend you give each song a listen since there's prolly at least one or two things you'll like in there. That might be my acclimation from having-played-too-much talking, but still! Plenty of good shit to be found within.
You're not denying it, though

On the other hand
I love TWEWY, but I still can't decide if I like the soundtrack or not. There are some good instrumental tracks on there but most of the vocal tracks fall flat for me.

I dunno. I generally don't like vocals in VGM so maybe I'm biased. It's definitely ambitious for a game soundtrack!

(06-08-2013, 06:47 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »They sound like J-Coheed and Cambria to me.

Woah, huge slam on... someone. I'm not sure who.

I kind of liked Coheed and Cambria's new album(s) but they're definitely goofy and melodramatic.

SpoilerShow
I have a tendency to mostly listen to a single artist/band for several months at a time.

Right now I'm really into The Paper Chase.
SpoilerShow
^ This is great. What year is it?
(06-09-2013, 04:36 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

nice

Though Papa Was a Rolling Stone without wah guitar feels wrong somehow, that synth guitar patch is awesome.

For those non-Supes people who want to know why that sound is so impressive, check out this article.

in other news this is pretty cool
SpoilerShow

(06-10-2013, 02:42 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Most instruments are a fantastic illusion, kind of like film. If you slow down a film too much it will just become a series of images, and likewise if you slow down a guitar too much, it will cease to sound like a guitar.

BUT

If you slow down a synth, it will always sound like a synth, because it outputs a clean, consistent waveform. That's how I confirmed my suspicions about the "guitars" on Discovery. They still "hold their shape" (i.e., still sound the same tonally, just at a lower pitch) when slowed down, which a real guitar wouldn't do.

This is a really good explanation. I never thought of it that way.
I really like that song.

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
(06-10-2013, 10:01 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Don't make me post the entire We Rock catalog because I'll do it

I quite like it, please do go overboard
oh no;

i shouldn't be driving this car,
let's post righteously & having good times /// check out The Book of the Courtier /// ensure proper vegetable consumption /// also check out The Blade and the Cycle /// post it up!!
Kraftwerk is working on a new album!

This better not feature Pharrell Williams in any way
I'm sure I've asked this before, but how do you usually find new stuff, Supes? Friends' recommendations? Youtube related videos? Blogs?
SpoilerShow

I used to play piano and violin myself a long, long time ago.
My dad showed me this record today:

SpoilerShow

Sometimes my dad is really cool

Supes: Check out this piece on the decline of music blogs; it's pretty good
That's cool that he's active on forums, too. You should contact him!
gearslutz's name alone makes me never want to go there

Not Songs in the Key of Life? Huh. I mean, they're all great, but Songs is the one I keep coming back to, personally.

SpoilerShow
I actually like the fact that it's so varied, but I hear you on some tracks being too long.

SpoilerShow
I'm still working my way through your Raw Man megapost, Supe. I only listen to music while i draw and i haven't drawn much lately so progress has been slow, i'm liking his stuff a lot so far, some of those songs kinda remind of me Hideki Naganuma.

Unrelated:

SpoilerShow