Tropefia - A PYP - N5: Downed Guy (11/24) (need replacement)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tropefia - A PYP - N5: Downed Guy (11/24) (need replacement)
RE: Tropefia - A PYP - D3: Dead Walrus (19/24) - You can talk again
Well the forum swallowed up the votals I was supposed to have about a day ago
10 hard, 5 soft
yd12k (3) - Palamedes, calibornio, myw
FelixSparks (2) - SupahKiven, Scoffles
Seastormjt (1) - Gnauga
myw (7+1) - Mirdini, Red709, Garuru, yd12k, Granola, Cyber (MrGuy)
Ugh another protective claim.

Part of me still feels like this is a setup (in which case Red, youdon't, and maybe Mirdini need to burn) but too many things are screaming against myw being town. I'm kind of ready to vote but we're at H-2 and I'd kind of like to hear more from Scofflaw besides "we need to lynch Kiven guys".
I'm... I'm so confused as to why defending yourself would at all make you look more scummy. The game has changed, I guess.

Scoffles, I outed myself because mafia almost definitely knows I'm bulletproof. therefore, everyone else knowing couldn't hurt. I guess I was wrong in that regard?

Garuru- Seriously what is with you people and having issues with people who defend themselves
I gave such nice and reasonable arguments, too (pretty sure)
Did you guys even bother reading them

Cyber95- ...are you just voting me for kicks

I'm really, really shocked that so many people are going with "too many protective roles" instead of I dunno, going against all the reasons that I pointed out, but I guess that's an easier path. Specially since there are so many bandwagoners here. (Either that, or they're all scum, but that's just not smart.)

Well, alright. If you guys go through with this can you kill yd12k, Red709, Mirdini, and cyber95 in that order after?

I'm pretty sure they're the ones who directed this bandwagon with poor reasoning. I'd put Mirdini first, but he tried to make sense. yd12k and Red709 are just wildly voting to incite the rest of you to wildly vote (successfully)
Cyber95's back there because he's straight hopping the bandwagon, then acting like he's unsure about it without any reason.

PALAMENDES. What screams that I'm scum? Give me anything at all besides "too many protective roles." Seriously. I'm reallllly confused as to how you people are thinking.

Also, I'm at 6+1, right? You guys wanna at least not hammer me? So I can explain how the arguments(?) against me don't make sense for 3 days before I get killed anyway because I feel like most of you are just riding this wagon out? That'd be cool.
I never like being close to finalizing the vote, and also was a bit unsure of voting just because I thought somebody'd say I'm just sheeping. And come on, not any reason is you keep spewing all sorts of nonsense and flipflopping and really? Straight up accusing almost every person that's voted you?

is myw a fool or something
Also, I didn't see it before, but I think I gotta call bull on Mirdini's claim of protective, because he's doing it after like 2 days

And, somehow, he's trying to get me lynched with the "too many protectives" argument, while still claiming a protective himself.

I wanna say that's too dumb to be scum, but I'm kinda getting the sense that anything goes as long as you go with the flow.

Oh, and also don't hammer me because I got a tiny little speech to say at the end of the day
Cyber, I haven't flipflopped once.

If you think what I'm saying is nonsense, can you point out a part that you actually do think is nonsense and explain why its nonsense?

And then I can explain why its not, again.

I'm accusing about half the people. Red and y12 at least have looked like scum (or vicious bandwagoners) the entire time. Miridini isn't, but I got reasons. You, I'm not the most sure about, but what you said sounds like something you'd say when you want to push the vote higher, but don't want anyone to know that.

No cyber, I am not the fool. Apparently there are no fools. If I were though, I probably woulda won the moment I said anything that wasn't based on a gut feeling.
myw it has to do with
A) the fact that yes there are now five or so protectives and I feel better about Mirdini then I do about you
B) you have done little else besides defend your claim and attack people for attacking it.
C) see B. like really, you have not talked about anything not relating to your claim or claiming.

I mean in my heart of hearts I still think there's a decent chance you're town, but my head is screaming that it's the only thing that makes sense.
Gonna unvote now that I can see the votals.
I also don't feel like Myw would have the balls to make that up in two hours from daystart. I'm reading it was more motivated to prove some point about the healthy benefits of roleclaiming, and then they took Red and yd12k's hyper-aggressive posting personally. Which was frankly a mistake, but I wouldn't say that's a scum-specific.

Also, somebody fill me on the scum!law talk from the beginning of the day? Is it that quiet!law = scum!law?
[Image: xwldX.gif]
(06-07-2013, 06:12 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »myw it has to do with
A) the fact that yes there are now five or so protectives and I feel better about Mirdini then I do about you
B) you have done little else besides defend your claim and attack people for attacking it.
C) see B. like really, you have not talked about anything not relating to your claim or claiming.

I mean in my heart of hearts I still think there's a decent chance you're town, but my head is screaming that it's the only thing that makes sense.

alright fine alright fine here's the thing that I wasn't going to say until later but I guess I might as well say just now.

You dont need to scum hunt by witch hunting. By putting information out there, you create discussion. How people view and respond to information helps you analyze their goals.
So in my case, I'm assuming the people who don't at least try to refute me and still vote for me are scummy on a broad view.

And obviously im defending myself to defend myself still dont know why you people take issue with that

Also, you might get scum to slip up, like how in malkyfia mirdini slipped up with the whole bigfoot thing. he may have just done that by claiming a protective role? Its not as fatal as the bigfoot thing, which is why he isnt my top suspect.

Seriously though, does it make sense to you that im scum I layed out the possible scenarios so well like a page ago if theres something I didnt cover let me know
Im all about the logic and sense and junk

(06-07-2013, 06:32 AM)Gnauga Wrote: »Gonna unvote now that I can see the votals.
I also don't feel like Myw would have the balls to make that up in two hours from daystart. I'm reading it was more motivated to prove some point about the healthy benefits of roleclaiming, and then they took Red and yd12k's hyper-aggressive posting personally. Which was frankly a mistake, but I wouldn't say that's a scum-specific.

Also, somebody fill me on the scum!law talk from the beginning of the day? Is it that quiet!law = scum!law?

Yeah ok I guess im talking too much and was too defensive when accused without logic. Too late to stop now though, since Im getting soft lynched anyway.
It's because you're telling people why their arguments for lynching them are wrong, and people refuse to damit being wrong in most cases. You should tell people who to lynch and why instead. I see you've been doing that, but 2/3rds of your posts are still defense, and that makes you look so scummy people sort of ignore your opinions.

@Mirdini: your best bet (assuming you are a nurse or something, and can't target yourself) is protecting me. Role shenenigans, trust me.
(06-06-2013, 12:35 PM)Red709 Wrote: »youdont you are drunk go home

paranoia isn't in this game

except I will bet you're a lying 3p survivor with a bp instead

keep not reading.

Also anyone else get what's wrong with this one little statement?
Say it yourself, nobody's gonna do your homework for you.
uhhhhhh i have a problem with something red said and a problem with everyones' mentality in lynching myw, we are looking for mafia and not thirds and i would think getting mafia should be a priority over a third, a nonkilling third especially?? I'm a bit suspicious of the people pushing for myw with this reasoning in particular

also like Q said I'm having difficulty with internet access and it'll be that way until the end of next week but I'm sorry for promising to be active and I haven't given as much as I would like

also vote pilot I'll have to form my case for this later but I am pretty confident in this
(06-07-2013, 07:32 AM)soundlyParanoid Wrote: »

keep not reading.

"getting a nonkilling third is priority over lynching mafia"
(06-07-2013, 09:49 AM)Viata Wrote: »uhhhhhh i have a problem with something red said and a problem with everyones' mentality in lynching myw, we are looking for mafia and not thirds and i would think getting mafia should be a priority over a third, a nonkilling third especially?? I'm a bit suspicious of the people pushing for myw with this reasoning in particular

also like Q said I'm having difficulty with internet access and it'll be that way until the end of next week but I'm sorry for promising to be active and I haven't given as much as I would like

also vote pilot I'll have to form my case for this later but I am pretty confident in this

What about the fact that there's a 3P who can KILL PEOPLE. I mean, so far they haven't necessarily killed anybody that people don't want to die (PurpleWalrus), but they're still killing people. Also, the problem I have with myw is that they assume their BP argument is airtight and that there isn't really anything that could disprove it when their are actually a few things that don't really fit with it. Not to mention all the role fishing yesterday, which was explained, but still doesn't fit right with me. (Also, myw, you seem to be taking this personally, is something else bothering you?)
i think it's more that i have an issue with what red said. like does red even know what they're saying sometimes (no offense meant, i just can't really follow some of your thought patterns and sometimes it comes off as scummy to me)

i mean i'm not saying i buy myw's claim entirely but like. sooner or later i would like a pilot lynch
(06-07-2013, 11:13 AM)calibornio Wrote: »
(06-07-2013, 09:49 AM)Viata Wrote: »uhhhhhh i have a problem with something red said and a problem with everyones' mentality in lynching myw, we are looking for mafia and not thirds and i would think getting mafia should be a priority over a third, a nonkilling third especially?? I'm a bit suspicious of the people pushing for myw with this reasoning in particular

What about the fact that there's a 3P who can KILL PEOPLE. I mean, so far they haven't necessarily killed anybody that people don't want to die (PurpleWalrus), but they're still killing people. Also, the problem I have with myw is that they assume their BP argument is airtight and that there isn't really anything that could disprove it when their are actually a few things that don't really fit with it. Not to mention all the role fishing yesterday, which was explained, but still doesn't fit right with me. (Also, myw, you seem to be taking this personally, is something else bothering you?)

Could be a vig though? Since you're disregarding this possibility, I wouldn't be surprised if it's you then.

Also re me being a survivor: Then I'd lurk better? Or do anything besides argueing, since it's not giving me townpoints.
Calibornio- Obviously my claim isnt airtight. But I made a claim and I feel like Ive become more scummy looking for having defended it? When logically it would be the opposite? Otherwise, I can't seem to get anyone to try giving a scenario that I AM scum or anything, the opinions are based on arbitrary notions like post count and role amount (which im pretty sure is nonsense since if every player has a role I would think protectors are the weakest kind)

Oh, and apparently people think it was scummy to try to make a town player not let himself be lynched yesterday. Why would mafia fish a role that's already getting lynched its pointless

Thats why im irritated- because almost none of people's issues with me make sense.

Y12- the vampire only might be a third party. Third party killer isnt a bad thing so far since they'll aim for scum first.
Pretty sure its town though, unless scoffles is a third party too.
Felix told me via IRC that he can't be on until Saturday because his computer is locked? Presumably he was using a phone to do so. :V
First: You still seem to believe claiming makes you look town when it f'ing doesn't.
on 2creaeclaimery: You were trying to get a claim from him, which as you mentioned DOESN'T HELP. this'd set bad precedents.
Actually 2create claiming would have been swell.

And there's another thing dragging me towards the 'myw is town' camp, that he is harping on this one point so much even after it fails to work. Really doesn't feel like something scum would do.

Also doesn't help that granola, Garuru, and MrGuy are just kind of sitting on the lynch without doing much (the first two especially so).
(06-07-2013, 03:21 PM)yd12k Wrote: »First: You still seem to believe claiming makes you look town when it f'ing doesn't.
on 2creaeclaimery: You were trying to get a claim from him, which as you mentioned DOESN'T HELP. this'd set bad precedents.

What?
I was being sarcastic. Claiming helps. It's information. Isn't that obvious?

Palamendes- That's the most depressing reason why someone would believe me, but I'll take it.
Well I just mean that when scum comes under pressure for something they did they usually try to change/stop what they're doing to get people off their backs. You are not doing that in the slightest which feels more like the town!myw I tried to get lynched once.
(06-07-2013, 07:32 AM)soundlyParanoid Wrote: »

keep not reading.

I've been reading I just didn't see that announcement anywhere
also I am aware of why that sounds bad didn't I already point out a thing about this

really para you're gonna ignore that

but right now the options are:
  • Lynch a non-posting Felix
  • Lynch a lurker
  • Lynch youdont
  • Lynch Kiven
  • Lynch MYW who looks worse than all the others combined right now

I'd be fine lynching youdont or kiven but myw looks just plain terrible regardless of alignment
if you want me to go "oh he's prolly 3P" and vote someone else that's... just as terrible and scumtastic as just sticking to my vote

I've said this before
I don't care what you think my alignment is, I'm going to play to help town win
I think lynching MYW is a thing that needs to be done right now
simple as that
admittedly I haven't read the last few pages due to being DOTAbound