-=- Crooks Hollow III Mafia -=- Day Five? (3/21)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
-=- Crooks Hollow III Mafia -=- Day Five? (3/21)
RE: -=- Crooks Hollow III Mafia -=- Day Four (13?/21)
The townfirm is really the only upside and even that is ennngh
That is actually good enough for me. I'd rather lynch someone else today then and have Scoffles off himself tomorrow for a townfirm.
(1 dead and 1 confirmed is better than 2 who are both suspisious)

UNVOTE

So, given that, who would we want to move on to? Mathgirl?

Also, guys, I worry that there is a good chance that we will have 2 deaths tonight (1 dead, and 1 janitored) (maybe 3 if it's our tracker pair).

If that happens then our janitor probably has to charge up every other night.
(06-04-2013, 10:14 PM)Scoffles Wrote: »And if its town, they don't flip back until the end of day, when they get promptly murdered unless doc wine blah blah blah

Yeah, but that still means getting rid of a very probable mislynch and turning them into someone that the scumteam has to murder instead, which is hardly anything to sneeze at.
See that's not how I would use the townfirm

It never once occurred to me to shoot a probable mislynch

I would much rather shoot someone I /want/ townfirmed

But I see your point
I'm kinda thinking I want to lynch Scofflaw over Mathgirl now actually. This claim just has "I'm making shit up to survive till tomorrow" written all over it.

"Anesthesiologist" also sounds a lot like the kind of flavor I'd expect to see from a janitor. And if the janitor really does get a shot every other night, or charged up last night or whatever, than I'd really rather see them lynched today rather than tomorrow.

Vote Scofflaw
But wait, why would his gun be stuffed with syringes then? Maybe his sui-vigs janitor people too?

Mirdini, did you get any indication of what was actually in the syringes at all?
(06-04-2013, 11:01 PM)Scoffles Wrote: »I would much rather shoot someone I /want/ townfirmed

So lets say you shoot someone tomorrow. Who would you want to shoot?
Current Votals:

Mathgirl: (1) (Scofflaw)

Scofflaw: (4) (Acionyx, Mirdini, YewChung, Coldblooded)

Abstaining: (Seastorm, Kane, Boggyman, Can'tCredit, BeeTeePee, mathgirl, vortor, garu)

(06-04-2013, 12:52 AM)Scoffles Wrote: »Boogeyman and Vortor slots I'd like to investigate further

Kane I'm still not happy with

Why is you still not happy with Kane?
RE: -=- Crooks Hollow III Mafia -=- Day Four (15?/21)
Oh god a desperado strike has finally occured.

Also yeah, seastorm seemed pretty scummy early on but people explained to me that she always acts that way.
I think? Other than that, just lurking.

And I'm definitely sheeple, I even complained that I felt like one the other day.

Ahhh right, I can't post this until after the desperado is confirmed by the GM, I'll just save this for after and add stuff about the contents of the dead people.

-*days later*-
Super tired right now, backreading a bit... Failing to come to conclusions... You know what would make this easier? People not switching out so much, jesus, this byzantine list of replacements to keep track of.

Well, I have to say that yes, scoffles' smells like a stall tactic for scum to get off a gunshot, I'm actually not even sheeping on that opinion, I'm so proud.

vote scoffles
Incidentally, who's plavi? People using different names than the forum names here just adds to my confusion, unless I'm hyper-aware of who that person is.

Goodnight, party peoples.
13 alive means 7 to lynch.

So Scofflaw is 3 away from a lynch.

but honestly, I think we should wait to see who he says he would confirm tomorrow. I think his role makes sense, and matches with Mirdini's claim, and it would be a very-town role to have. I highly doubt his role matches that of a janitor. (unless he is flat out lying, in which case, good lie)

LYNCHING SCOFFLES:
if he's telling the truth -
we lose the chance to have a living confirmed town player
puts more suspicion on Acionyx

if he's lying -
we kill a scum
helps out Acio's town read

NOT LYNCHING SCOFFLES
if he's telling the truth
- we get a new confirmed town/mafia tomorrow
- he dies anyway

if he's lying
- we risk an extra death
- he'll be killed if he doesn't sui-vig

I personally think that, combined with mirdini's info, it would be better to let scoffs off for today, and instead lynch someone else, maybe a lurker?

Unfortunately, there isn't anyone playing who just screams "scum" to me at the moment. I'd go ahead and vote "MathGirl" just because she's been out, and I don't see us needing a gun-ban role in the future.

Vote: MathGirl
will get back to this when I get home from work because I don't have the time to consider things here

last time this happened I was sure the person was scum trying to buy a day so they could explode on townfirms but then beru was town so \_o_/
Blag.

Kill Scoffles then kill btp if he flips scum would be my plan of action.

Also where is Garu.
I'm here.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
If you're here, then why are you not voting Scoffles.
Oh I'd shoot Acio in the face

For sure
hmmm...

so, worst case scenario. Lets say tomorrow scum gets two kills, which then offs 3 players, and then scoffles takes out acio and acio is town.

Town loses 4 players, scum loses 1.

Which puts us at 9 total players, with probably only 1 scum remaining (and maybe 1 third party). (8 to 1)

(For this I am assuming 4 scum players, including granolaman)

The above situation isn't terrible, especially when coupled with the less terrible senario

We lose 1-2 town tonight, Scoffles shoots acio and dies, and then acio is either confirmed scum or town.

Which would mean 10 players alive, 2 scum remaining and one player who is confirmed scum/town.

The other option is that we kill scoffles now, which worst case leaves us with the first scenario above, but with no deceased scum (if he is town) or a better ratio of 9 to 1 in terms of live town to scum.
I'd be surprised if there ends up being any less than 3 scum left alive honestly. 4/21 scum is a pretty town-sided ratio already, even without taking mass daykills and GranolaTraitor into account. (Okay, it's not taking 3Ps into account either, but still.)

Anyway, we've got about 15 hours left in the day by my count, and a good portion of the playerlist still hasn't checked in yet. If they could all find the time to drop in sometime soon and let us know who they most want lynched between Mathgirl and Scofflaw, that'd be real swell.
I was honestly kind of torn between Scof and Math, but in the end, I've decided that I like this whole suivig plan with Scoffles, so I'd prefer that Mathgirl be lynched. So, vote: MathGirl277
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
(06-04-2013, 11:16 PM)Coldblooded Wrote: »Mirdini, did you get any indication of what was actually in the syringes at all?

nope I'm not a doctor you expect me to know biology jeez

but yeah have come back to and up and around all this and egh

while I am getting flashbacks of beru I think I still want to lynch Scoffles today rather than let him get to tomorrow and do things?

(06-05-2013, 04:44 AM)btp Wrote: »I think his role makes sense, and matches with Mirdini's claim, and it would be a very-town role to have. I highly doubt his role matches that of a janitor. (unless he is flat out lying, in which case, good lie)

Like BTP your plan is logically sound if we accept all of its premises but uh

you sort of leave out the fact that I know for a fact Scoffles's gun is not a regular gun

s'not a huge leap from that to the suspicion that this means his sui-vig is not a regular sui-vig either

sure he's claimed it leaves him dead and his victim goes lazarus at the end of the day but 'syringes' are a pretty broad spectrum of possible effects thinking mod-wise, and I can think of plenty of ridiculous scum suivig powers I'd imagine Amos would've loved to put in? Like the suivig is so intrinsically a pro-town action I can't imagine the scum are just shafted when it comes to it

like what if he just reversed the effects in order to fabricate a town claim @_@

then there's the fact that he replies to this pretty reasonably query
(06-05-2013, 04:05 AM)Acionyx Wrote: »
(06-04-2013, 12:52 AM)Scoffles Wrote: »Boogeyman and Vortor slots I'd like to investigate further

Kane I'm still not happy with
Why is you still not happy with Kane?

with

(06-05-2013, 10:38 AM)Scoffles Wrote: »Oh I'd shoot Acio in the face

For sure

????
*is not a regular sui-vig if he's scum either
(06-04-2013, 04:51 PM)Scoffles Wrote: »Still nope

Just process of elimination narrows our scum possibilities down

Pretty sure three scum alive are Pravi, Vortor, and Acio

this also applies to your post in #878 but uh what about seastorm

I mean I realize her slot's invisible but when you're going down all of the players it's sort of a glaring omission especially since I was harping on her to post earlier today
I get the vibe that scoffles is about as invested in this game as beruru was, and maybe isn't following it closely. (But I could be wrong - he is at least following it enough to fill out role claims)

What this vote really comes to is, do you think scoffles is lying about his role claim.

Yes, he could be lying, like tea was, but when you think about tea's claim in hindsight it was kind of a stretch. (I die and kill other player but not if they're scum) it revolved around his actual role, but was tweaked enough to make his win condition more appealing.

With scoffles, his claim doesn't seem like that much of a stretch, and he kept it consistent with his claim of having "rubber bullets". (And acting like a player who isn't thinking as critically about this game as some may like). Also, his claim makes us want him to die at some point. Unless we have another suicidal third party, I would think that a fabricated claim would appear to be more useful. He could have said: "my syringe-gun allows me to cure diseased or marked players - but doesn't kill them." Or "if I shoot a player they gain a stimulant that aids their night ability" but instead he went with a role that is only useful if he suicides. With two mafia gone at this point, that doesn't seem like an optimal scum claim.

I could be wrong about this, but I feel like a no-lynch is perferable to a scoffles lynch tonight. Lets focus on another player we are uncertain about and let scoffles resolve himself tomorrow.
That other player being mathgirl.

Not because I am convinced of her scumness, but because we don't need any more gunbans and there isn't anyone else who we could agree to lynch in this short of a time.
Seastorm I mainly don't care about because its such a dead slot

She hasnt posted anywhere about anything

I didn't answer the Kane question because I haven't had time to go back and back up my vibe because thats what it was at that point

Look I'll be townfirmed tonight or tomorrow
I'm telling you, kill players in this order to win game: Mathgirl. Vortor. Acio. If you still haven't won, take a shot at ssjt slot sure, why not.
Mathgirl seems like most important lynch so lynch: MathG

cuz srsly with Mirdini's Murderous Tendancies, we need to be able to shoot people if (most of) his guesses are correct scum.