-=- Crooks Hollow III Mafia -=- Day Five? (3/21)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
-=- Crooks Hollow III Mafia -=- Day Five? (3/21)
RE: -=- Crooks Hollow III Mafia -=- Day Two: Back to the Tables (21/21)
(05-04-2013, 04:09 PM)btp Wrote: »Can someone explain to me why mass-claims are exclusively anti-town? While it does risk revealing town power roles, solid claims would then risk putting scum-parties in jeopardy. I would think it would be frustrating to both.

Hence: Just because someone dislikes players claiming, doesn't mean they are town.

they're not but you generally expect the mod to have expected mass-claims and balanced the game as such

to quote a guide

'Massclaims are usually saved for the end game. To prevent against massclaims being too strong, mods will often include odd roles or give the scum fakeclaims, which have the potential to make a massclaim useless for the town. Likewise massclaiming too early can be beneficial to scum because it can tell them who they need to nightkill and in what order, whereas the town is often far less efficient.'

individual people claiming is far from a mass claim too and is only more likely to backfire for town if it's just townies claiming because it allows scum to narrow their options even more
That was very helpful, thank you! I was confused by the apparent frustration.
Ima claim too. I have supermegafoxyawesomehot powers. Means I have the power to make everyone fall in love with me. :melonmspa:

Okay, but seriously isn't anybody suspicious of Tea's claim? He only had one person voting for him, albeit with other people suspecting him, so the claim kinda came out of nowhere and he didn't even really say anything about his role. Also some slight suspicion for beruru's claim, but not as much.

I swear to god, if the next person we pressure claims killing powers...
We've got about a day+ to get a lynch? Can we pwetty pwease not nolynch again?

Also, next person to fullclaim will receive my foot up their anterior. And beru's claim looks kinda weird.
Eh fine, I guess I'll Unvote and [b] Vote: Beruru[\b]. But I still think we should discuss Tea's roleclaim.
What did I do wrong? Vote: Beruru
@caliborno - there are more reasons to claim than merely being under pressure.
Can you explain why you did it then?
oh wait we can just get beru to prove whether it's a suivig or not by putting her into gunban vote territory

if she can't shoot she's lying through her teeth????? unless her daykill requires her gun to work but then we're just in the fish market again
Sounds good to me. vote: beruru That puts her at gunban, IIRC.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
No, I think her day-kill doesn't need a gun. Because the gun ban is for all the guns ALL OF US have, and her role would make it so that she can still kill anyways.
(05-04-2013, 09:48 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »No, I think her day-kill doesn't need a gun. Because the gun ban is for all the guns ALL OF US have, and her role would make it so that she can still kill anyways.

That would make the most sense, but there's no way we can tell. I like this idea, but who's beruru going to attempt to shoot? (personally recommending Yew or a lurker)
Hate to make this (even more of a) claim central, but I have a confirmed town on Yewchung, so I'd prefer if nobody wasted their vigs on him. But Yewchung really needs to speak up because come on.
0_0

k, garuru, I'm not going to believe that

because there's an exact copy of what you just said, except dpaul (coldblooded) said it.

So until this shit gets figured out, I refuse to accept those two claims as truth (yours and dpaul's)
well maybe not an exact copy but you get the point

/irritated-at-all-these-claims
From post 469 we have strong coalignment of dpaul/granola.
From the above we have strong coalignment of tildeath/yewchung.

I doubt that both of these are town pairs. I say ruru should shoot yewchung for minimize loss and maximize gain, because yewchung hasn't really been talking, and any flip would give us information on the other three.

Also I'm curious to hear what dpaul/granola will say evening 3 and I'd rather not have them die by then.
(05-04-2013, 11:39 PM)MathGirl277 Wrote: »From post 469 we have strong coalignment of dpaul/granola.
From the above we have strong coalignment of tildeath/yewchung.

I doubt that both of these are town pairs. I say ruru should shoot yewchung for minimize loss and maximize gain, because yewchung hasn't really been talking, and any flip would give us information on the other three.

I agree.

(Except, ruru, don't shoot yet, i still need a mod reply in my qt to potentially maximise this opportunity)
Sigh. So people are going to shoot Yew, and there's nothing I can do to stop it. I could beg and all that but I'm not really in a good position because of the other pair existing, and also because that's kind of a scummy thing to do. It's fullclaim time!

We (me and Yewchung) are lovers and trackers. I had hoped to continue surviving and tracking more, but that is very hard to do in a game filled with killing roles and suivigs.

I tracked 0_o, he visited Mirdini last night. This goes directly against his claim of simply being a kill delay. So, either driving shenanigans happened there, or he's lying.

Yew tracked anacreon, he visited nobody. Don't know if that has anything to do with his wonkiness, but it's why I doubted the whole anac/Pala/Pilot thing.

I'm probably an idiot for doing this, but nobody's there to tell me not to.

Honestly, I'm not even sure he's town. But a mixlover layout would be quite bastardly, right? Well, even if he does turn out to be scum, then that's for the better.
*face-desk*

goddamn it Garuru are you cheating on me? Melonspa

Kane is probably lying because (I THINK) bussing doesn't replace roles like that.

Again, (I THINK) it goes like this:

Kane visits people

the busser makes Kane visit someone different from whom he originally intended

Also, I don't think there would be a scum/town lover pair, ever.

Also, if you guys are lovers, then Granola/dpaul are masons (MAYBE).

(maybe they're just ACTING like masons? What if they don't even plan on telling us crap on D3???)
I was thinking that my target got swapped with someone that did visit Mirdini. I'm at least vaguely sure that driving will also swap targets. But now I'm not so sure. Anyways, if Kane's lying, I'm tempted to say that he's the scum who tried to kill Mirdini. Oh, and me and Yew already have a chat. So, I'm tempted to say that dpaulnola are also not all that town either. But then again I thought when claiming informed town on Yew that it was perfectly okay for there to be two townpairs and that kinda screwed me over.
Easiest way to solve this:

Beru: shoot Kane. We can figure out who's lying by whether or not he survives.
(05-05-2013, 12:01 AM)Garuru Wrote: »I tracked 0_o, he visited Mirdini last night. This goes directly against his claim of simply being a kill delay. So, either driving shenanigans happened there, or he's lying.

Don't know about the rest of this post, but this is a blatant lie. I have no active powers.
Garu i can say that bus driving mostly likely happened because what you are saying doesn't make sense with what happened to me last night.
Beruru, fire away if you wish.