We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
I am not particularly good at poker and I still did it in only two or three tournaments. Here’s what I did:
- It’s only really worth attempting it when all but one other player has busted out / folded. Folded is less likely, of course, but it is how I did it. This decreases the odds of someone that isn’t you having a good hand.
- The other players sometimes give tells that they’re bluffing... supposedly. Supposedly buying them drinks increases the frequency. I still haven’t figured them out, myself.
- Fold way more often than you normally would.
- Fold if there’s going to be a pair.
- Fold unless you have a Jack or higher. It’s just not likely to happen otherwise. (Then again, there aren’t a whole lot of hands in the game without jack or higher that you should want to play anyway.)
- Don’t feel obligated to win. For the most part, you don’t have to play a good hand if you don’t want to. And you will want to play some iffy hands in the attempt.
- Don’t feel obligated to lose, though.
- Don’t run up the bet unless you have to. That’s not a hard rule; it just saves time because it keeps you in the game longer with that one other player.

Though, you could just play normally for a long time and it will probably happen eventually. Well, unless you’re playing Omaha.
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
(04-29-2013, 06:26 AM)Red709 Wrote: »So I started playing OFF
fun game
slightly disturbing but its meant to be soooo

Oh man but it's so great
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
(04-29-2013, 12:12 PM)Pick Yer Poison Wrote: »
(04-29-2013, 06:26 AM)Red709 Wrote: »So I started playing OFF
fun game
slightly disturbing but its meant to be soooo

Oh man but it's so great

yes. yes it is
I grew up with Poker and I would give my poker strategies but I'd be typing a lot and I think I'd be condoning gambling.

Poker Night 2 is great, I love it. It's much better than the first, even when the first game was good too. My favorite part about it is that everyone generally feels like they'd play Poker on a regular basis rather than the first game which was mostly oddball characters who don't seem like they'd play poker too often, except for the Heavy. Plus, the crossover is a bit closer to what I enjoy this time around.

And it's five bucks. Five bucks!
[Image: tumblr.png] [Image: signature.gif] [Image: sig.gif]
Haha Doodley I will outpoker you until your poker is poked

I'll cold 4-bet you so hard you won't know bullets from sailboats
The only thing I hate about PN2 is Ash pulling straights out of his ass.
Every
Damn
Time
Yeah, he does tend to do that.

I regard him like Strong Bad in the first one. Usually harmless. Very irksome when he actually has a good hand, though.

(My disliked feature is how many dialogues can’t be skipped.)
Also seriously

what are claptrap's tells

His robot (lack of) face is a mystery to me.
(04-30-2013, 09:13 PM)cyber95 Wrote: »Also seriously

what are claptrap's tells

His robot (lack of) face is a mystery to me.

I've never played that game but if he acts anything like he did in the Borderlands series his tell is probably that he didn't fold.
I still don't know how that game is worth $5

I mean
I could play poker with friends IRL and get a similar experience, complete with wisecracks

is there some hidden goal or is it literally a glorified poker simulation I don't understaaaaand
So how 'bout that Monaco?

Has anyone else played it? 'cuz I absolutely love it.
(05-01-2013, 04:11 AM)Red709 Wrote: »I could play poker with friends IRL and get a similar experience, complete with wisecracks

they know how to hit where it hurts :(
Monaco's awesome. My friend and I are working through the second act now, but we could always use more players for more chaos. I'll trade an extra copy of the game for Thomas was Alone.
what
do your irl friends not play poker
or not make wisecracks

or do you just not have friends IRL

or am I reading that post wrong due to not seeing what I'm assuming is an embedded video on this accursed 3DS

...honestly IRL should be IRW - In Real World - in this context

it's not like this isn't occurring "in real life"
Red, it might surprise you to know that some of us don't have friends that are written by funny people to have good comedic timing and also be characters we recognize and enjoy.

Yeah, we could probably just play poker with our friends, but I want to play poker with Ash Williams and Brock Samson.
Why would i play video games if i can go outside and shoot people and steal cars in real life?!?
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
no sorry it's more of a "yeah it sounds like a fun game but not the kind that's worth $5"

I would've expected it to cost maybe $2 like Audiosurf I guess?

I'm mostly asking if there's any appeal past "playing poker against a number of CPU opponents, at least one of whom I don't recognize (who the hell is Ash Williams) who spout witty quotes" because if there's not it feels like paying good money for not much. at all.
personal opinions guys, don't kill me for asking

SpoilerShow
Since when is 5 dollars too much for something like this anyways

Is Audiosurf really 2 bucks? I'm pretty sure it didn't used to be.
(05-01-2013, 05:23 AM)cyber95 Wrote: »Since when is 5 dollars too much for something like this anyways

Is Audiosurf really 2 bucks? I'm pretty sure it didn't used to be.

considering I'm a.) strapped for cash b.) ITS A BLOODY POKER GAME, I think so

also Audiosurf is on sale for like $0.99 at least once a month or something so it's a moot point
(05-01-2013, 05:09 AM)Red709 Wrote: »or am I reading that post wrong due to not seeing what I'm assuming is an embedded video on this accursed 3DS
[Image: ToMI517.jpg]
Aye.

SpoilerShow
$5 is well under my maximum "I will pay this for a game without being 99% sure I will have a fantastic time with it" limit, which is approximately $10 +/- whatever I feel like at the time.
The game isn't about poker, it's about the characters and their dialogue, it just happens to have poker in it. You pay 5 dollars because it's not just a poker game or something relatively simplistic like audiosurf, a whole team of writers, voice actors, cg animators, etc. worked on it.

I don't know any of the characters in both games (or rather, i don't care about them) except for the Valve ones and Ash, yet i can still see why having characters from different popular media interacting would be appealing to people. I'm willing to bet if it had characters you like you would pay more than $5 to play it.

Also, Army of Darkness is a great horror/comedy movie that's pretty enjoyable and it has some really neat effects and cinematography, you're missing out.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
I recommend Venture Bros. to basically everyone. It is a well-written show, by which I mean the dialogue is consistently very clever and humorous. It is in part an homage-slash-parody to-slash-of a lot of old animation, so any cartoon enthusiasts or nostalgia junkies can really get the mileage out of that, but it also stands on its own very well (and does the homarady without being too self-conscious or forceful about it). Has an interesting overarching plot but is also followable as individual episodes without losing most of the punch or laughs.

It's just really funny. Worth a watch.
Guess who finally got around to playing Sword and Sworcery?

I had it on my computer for a while and got stuck at the first trigon and gave up, then found it on sale in the google play store so i figured i'd try it for it's intended touch screen use on my phone. I've been playing it before i go to sleep every night and why did i stop

i don't know

it's great.
(05-01-2013, 07:55 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »I find it difficult to recommend that anyone watch adult swim, especially these days.
Hey, it's got King of the Hill, so it's not all bad. Just mostly.