[IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight

[IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Saya beams at the Prince's declaration.

[Image: f3e2387c872f7290577e2aa85803e3b2.png]
"I'm glad you're the honest sort. It would be an honor to fight together."
Current Projects:
Human space is at war, and we're all caught up in it - Scattered Stars

A woman chases another through the snow, but where will their path lead them? - Footprints in the snow
Lucrezia nods to Mazelina.
[Image: ZZGYz5q.png]

"Yup. Not just 'can, either - they love it. Just like their mumbo-jumbo about being the will of Progress - it's there to make 'em feel powerful. All it does is give me hope. If you've got a military like that, and you still need to bolster your spirits? That sort of insecurity tells me there's a weakness somewhere in there waiting to be exploited."

Before the prince can raise his voice to respond to Sunny, an azure-clad knight gallops over to meet her. He somehow manages to make a bow while on the horse.
[Image: 6pxYp3c.png]

"The pleasure is mine, miss! Abner Galante of Renault, at your service! Keep that name in your pocket - you'll be hearing it sung from all the taverns of Ilya in a year's time, once we show these devil-loving machine-heads back to their embarrassed mothers!!"

The prince coughs. He's clearly embarrassed by his companion.
[Image: SCCQxLo.png]

"If you have prior obligations, I understand. But I hope we can find some way to work together. If you need me, we'll be here for a few more hours. Our supplies have run low, and as sorry as it is to say, the dead of a battlefield are a cheap source for goods. I'll let you know when we're about to leave - feel free to reach out to us if you need anything."

With a few orders to his compatriots, Roland departs. Mere minutes later, your other companions return! They are injured, but only barely. It looks like Philomel's staff has been as hard at work as Mazelina's. Once you're finished expositing, they all seem deep in thought.
[Image: icXHVq2.png]

"...I don't like it. Guy shows up claiming to be the prince? You'd think he would have taken some precautions. Maybe not spill his guts to the whole world the moment they show. I think this is a trap."
[Image: BhJHhCW.png]

"But... Could someone truly be dishonest without our friends noticing...? If all of you looked into his heart and saw someone bold and honorable and true, I have faith in your judgment...!"

Dermid, for his part, is uncharacteristically quiet. He's stroking his beard. Taking this seriously.
[Image: 5wuzLcZ.png]

"...Hrm... If he IS the prince, though, then we've reached our destination, aye? Maybe you wee ones can finally stop with the charade?"

"Quiet old man. You may have years on me, but--"
[Image: TiA3SsN.png]

"No. It's... frightening to admit, but he's right."

Lien steps forward. Her eyes are tempestuous - full of fear and worry. Her voice shakes as she speaks. Still, she marches forward, closes the distance between your parties, and maintains eye contact with you - albeit not all at once, of course.
[Image: zMjNchQ.png]

"I have been dishonest with you. I don't doubt that you suspected as much. Our disguises were hardly the most convincing, and Dermid refused to cooperate with the play altogether. But you have demonstrated your valor and conviction on two occasions now. You deserve the truth."

She places a hand to her chest. Maybe it's a mere motioning to herself; maybe it's to slow her quickened heart-rate.

"I am Lain Altena, daughter of Lord Hubert Altena, leader of Achaim. Philomel is, in reality, Lysistrate,  our city's Cloistered." Her eyes shift to the Revotrians and the Laguz as she explains: "It is an old practice;  one my father hoped to see stamped out in his lifetime. As a child, she was selected to become a conduit for divine power. She was meant to live her entire life in isolation, only making occasional contact with the other nuns of the Church when it was necessary: lessons, food, the cleaning of her space, and the delivery of books and toys. When the walls fell, though, she fled at the behest of her sisters - the only people she had ever known. A miracle must have led her to Dermid; he found her, picked her up, and took her along with us without hesitation. She has not seen the world beyond the walls of her church since she was three."

Lys seems to have trouble making eye contact with all of you.

"Carlyle is Taras, a bowman with our city watch. He is not famous, but he wished to go by a different name. His reasons are his own."

Taras follows Lys's example.

"And Dermid is... Dermid."

Dermid beams with pride. After expelling her stress with a great big sigh, Lain resumes her speech.

"...My father died defending his city. He sent me off with Dermid as a bodyguard, and entrusted me with a pack. Within were three things: first, a map showing a trail into the Laguz kingdoms. Second, a large sum of money. And third..."

She draws a sword from her back; not the one she fights with, far too big for her to use safely. She plunges it clumsily into the ground.

It's about six and a half feet from hilt to tip, its blade a deep silver. It catches the moonlight in such a way as to give it an almost otherworldly glow. Its cross-guard forms a strong V shape, reaching up from the hilt. The metal of the guard and hilt is a deep black color, with red leather forming the grip.

"...The Fragarach. The sword left to humanity by the Goddess."

"...I don't expect you to trust me. I lied to you, as did my companions. But it is our hope that, by delivering this weapon to the Knights of Renault and seeing it given to their most able warrior, we might be able to turn the tide of this war. I... I hope you will join me."

There's a brief silence. She coughs.

"...Which is to say, I-- I think we should join with them."
Hope...yes. That's a good take on the scary mind-mages. Maz figures it's better than despair, at the very least, and opts to lean into that idea as well. She thanks Lucrezia before turning her attention to all that exposition.

Goodness. This is a lot all at once, and Mazelina is overwhelmed with knowledge. This is the sort of thing she listens to with rapt attention, fists closed around her staff. Each moment has her wringing her hands, taking in the lies-- though she considers them more essential disguises-- and staring as that sword gets plunked into the ground.

[Image: a078853c10c8af81ed7398825416c7c0421d25a9.png]
"Also, for what it is worth, I doubt they are lying. I think we should go with them as well, and that is my vote."
A moment later, Maz bows her head.
[Image: 0f6eeecabafbe2078fe398b5b2cf4c69891d3adf.png]
"It is a pleasure to meet you all for real, again. Lain, Lysistrate, Taras." When her eyes open again, she takes a step forward. Towards that sword.
"May I...may I touch it?" She's hardly demanding, of course, but she seems curious. The sword from the Goddess...
The safe return of their allies puts a smile on Casey's face. It's a relief that they'd made it through their half of the conflict unscathed. His smile curls into a knowing smirk at Dermid's mention of the word 'charade', but he quickly puts on a serious expression when he realizes how afraid Lain seems, of all of them. The revelation over her identity comes as little surprise to him, his suspicions having been laid the last time they'd spoken. Even so his trust in her and her allies has grown, now that she's decided to forego the deception. Given the present situation, it only makes sense for someone in her position.

Lysistrate's identity however does manage to shock Casey. Her position as Cloistered does explain her demeanor. Casey knows little of that particular cultural practice, Lain's explanation covering more or less everything he does know. Learning that Carlyle had also been an alias is somewhat intriguing, but idle questions of Taras' origin are quickly swept aside as the Fragarach grabs his attention. Not long ago, the idea of a weapon left behind by the goddess would've seemed completely ridiculous to him, but today? More than enough strange things have happened to loosen Casey's skepticism, not the least of which being the fact that this sword is taller than he is. He stares a moment longer, as Lain comes to her conclusion. 

[Image: 6RPOUWv.png]

"There's safety in numbers, right? So long as our goals are the same, I don't see any reason to refuse." With his thoughts made clear, Casey turns to Lain.

[Image: casey_novice_smile.png]

"In any case, I'll be sticking with you," Casey tells her calmly. "That is, so long as Car -- er..." Casey turns to Taras, back straight and shoulders squared. "Taras, that is. So long as you've no objections."
[Image: SU9sSSr.png]

Airitech stage-whispers to Carlyle, a fellow antisocial man who shoots pointy sticks at foes. "Gotta admit, that's a lot to take in, huh? Well, at least - I think so."

Airitech then turns to Lien. "Yeah, it was kinda disinGENuous of you to shield your true self but, it be understandable. I still thinks your idea's good though."

"Even if we ken't trust one another - there be strength in numbers. We ken at least cooperate with each other, 'least for a bit."
Sunny lets out a gasp at the reveal of, though whether it's genuine or not is anybody's guess.

[Image: vqj0ryo.png]

"What a surprise!" She says, pressing her hands to her cheeks. "I never would have expected!" Sunny remains mercifully quiet for the rest of the explanation, though her brow raises and eyes widen in interest at the sight of Fragarach. After a moment of thought, she speaks.

[Image: 1YHEHWt.png]

"Well, I haven't anywhere else to go, so I suppose you're stuck with me for now!" Sunny grins. "I'm very interested in your sword, but I probably shouldn't touch it. Your goddess will smite me on the spot!" That prompts a laugh from her, for some reason. "But yes, I shall remain in your entourage until given the axe. The more the merrier, right?"
"Huh, another country leader? Well, strange times. I don't know what all this cloistered business is but none of this changes my opinions. You've fought by my side, that's what matters."

They eye the sword.

"Entrusted, hm. I wouldn't think that the Goddess would leave something like that around, especially in the human kingdoms. But it certainly looks formidable."
Current Projects:
Human space is at war, and we're all caught up in it - Scattered Stars

A woman chases another through the snow, but where will their path lead them? - Footprints in the snow
Baylee gapes at the sword of the feckkin Goddess that just got presented in front of her. She immediately gets on one knee and puts one hand in front of her in a prayer position and says a soft little prayer for herself. ("Thank ya O Goddess fer bringin' this humble commoner down the path ta see this beautiful presence o' yer werk. Yer kindness is endless.")

She pauses for a second, then gathers herself and stands up. She replies to Lien.}
[Image: a2f7fde224a6dd2dcec6d884f86bcf195847dfae.png]
"I'm willin ta follow the folk who is lookin ta end this war and turn things back ta normal as fast as possible. An that seems ta be you guys. Ya lied, but ya goals still tha same so, water off a ducks back. Ya have my axe for as long as I take breath."
Milo pales at the explanation, and listens raptly as Lain explains the origins of Lysistrate and Fragarch.  He never particularly believed in godliness before Progress, but if anything came from any sort of divinity this sword made a lot more sense than his own fallen faith.

He takes a breath.

[Image: N34quH2.png]
"I suppose I knew something was being hidden, but..."

He looks down for a split second before continuing.  The heirs of the League, here.  More survivors, and one can almost dare to dream of undoing the violence that has been wrought with one's own hands.

"I don't blame you for it.  Lots of reasons to hide nowadays.  I... saw Achaim, and I'm sorry for your losses.
If I can help with your plan, and it seems like you've got one, I'll help see it through.  Assuming you'll have me, of course."
Barnabas slowly nodded at... all the words. A lot of words. Frankly, he needed to digest it a bit.

So, prince thing. I mean, okay, sure. Prince seemed like it was important. Prince probably was powerful, and good leader, so banding together under one band was the best way to survive whilst fleeing the Revotrian front, best way to survive was a group.

Okay, yeah, disguise, fair enough...

He squinted a little. The er... That Cloistered thing. That seemed bad. Like...

In fact, he mulled that over for most of the other revelations. He didn't really care too much about what being the daughter of the leader of Achaim meant, or them being like, official people or guards or something. His ears perked slightly at the Laguz Kingdom thing, but he shelved that away, and the sword thing was like... I mean, it looked like a cool sword? As far as swords went.

In fact, after Baylee's praying, and Saya's comment. He just nodded, reached over and touched it, a little dismissive about how holy it may be, but curious about a weapon of the gods, running a clawish finger gently along the flat of it.

[Image: nMexSPx.png]

"...The sword of Sundoru then? A tool to help humans defend themselves? Curious."

He stepped back, and shuffled over to Philomel, or Lysistrate as it is.

"Sorry Phil- Or I suppose Lysistrate? I would like to know more about, your upbringing before I fully formed an opinion and understanding on it, for it sounds...Strange to me." He said, pretty clearly thinking a lot more iin a different direction to strange, and maybe a little pissed. Frankly, he cared more about this little thing than the holy sword and other revelations right now.
"Don't get me started on Henchmen."
Lain nods and offers Mazelina a gentle smile.

"My hands are hardly holy. You touching it will not disgrace it any more than I have by carrying it. On the contrary - you seem more suited to touching it than a mere lordling. Please, do as you please."

Giving Mazelina a moment with the sword, she turns towards Milo.

"I... I appreciate the kindness. Both your forgiveness and your condolences. My father died in a manner he chose. I suppose that's all any of us can wish for. Especially in times like these. Especially when things are as they are now."

Carlyle Taras raises a brow at Airitech.

"...Not for me, since it was my idea. But I can see how it would be for you. My condolences." There's no shortage of sarcasm to his voice at the end.

"Seeing as it's been wrested out of my hands, though, I'll do what I have to do. That goes for your question too, scavenger." His gaze turns toward Casey, just in case that last bit had any ambiguity to it.

Lys, for her part, seems utterly oblivious to any and all hostility - be it Taras's brand of venom, or the anger lingering in the back of Barnabas's throat. She grins.
[Image: BhJHhCW.png]

"I suppose it is a little strange... I mean, I was the only girl in the whole city who had to do it, so that must be strange, right...? But - but I think it was a good thing, in the end." She nods again, smiling bright. She feels like this is explanation enough, clearly.

Her eyes shift to Saya and she suddenly grows steadfast and stubborn. "But-- But I can tell you for certain that this is the sword of the Goddess!! Her energy radiates off of it! Her holy light abounds around it!!! It is real, I can say for certain! And--"

"Oh!" Her gaze turns quickly to Baylee. "Are you praying?! Can I pray too? I haven't gotten to in a few hours, now, and I'd love to join you! Mr. Barnabas, you could join us as well -- if -- if you'd like, that is...! And if miss -- um -- Miss Baylee...? If she is okay with it!"

Lain's attention turns toward Sunny. She seems uncomfortable, but... not to the point of wariness? More nervous. Uncertain of herself.

"Haha... I, erm... Was that a joke? I can't. I can't tell for certain, I'm sorry to say! I don't think she'd smite you, though. That's... not much of a thing that she does... to my knowledge, at least. It might be best to... hedge our bets...? What do you think, Mazelina?"

[FREE TIME]

You can now spend free time with any of the NPCs or PCs, be it the Achaimite faction or the Renaultesse faction! You are encouraged to use this time to develop relationships with one or multiple characters. These bonds will have mechanical effects in the form of stat-boosting supports once I have determined that your interpersonal development has advanced sufficiently, and have gained the consent of both parties!

If multiple people want to talk to the same person, that is fine! Everyone can exist in one conversation or multiple conversations! Time and space distort for the sake of Emotional Anime Chats and Character Development. Group conversations are also an option! I strongly encourage you to form some sort of relationship, close or not, with everyone in your party, since your group dynamic will form the center of the story moving forward!
Well, it was about what Casey had expected, but he does still feel somewhat disappointed at Taras' unchanged demeanor. Fortunately, Casey is more than used to his presence grating on the people of Achaim. His response is measured, but he holds his head high as he speaks.

[Image: casey_novice_smile.png]

"Well met then, Taras. Casey is my name," he says calmly. "If you forget it again, you're more than welcome to ask for a reminder." He wears a confident smile, but quickly moves to leave, one hand casually waving goodbye. Casey has no intention of making small talk with someone who so clearly sees him as 'beneath' themselves. He gives a nod to Lain as he walks by. He'll have to check in with her again once things settle down, if he can find a moment she's away from Taras. For now, he saunters over to Milo, as other conversations begin to unfold around him.

"You look like you've had a rough go of things again," he remarks, rather candidly. He and Milo had spent most of their last battle in separate groups, so he can only imagine what Revotrian soldier's might have inflicted onto him. 

"You alright?"
[Image: SU9sSSr.png]

Meanwhile, Airitech is going to Taras/Carlyle and just ask him why is he so mad.
At Lain's question, Sunny again laughed, flapping her hand.

"Who's to say if I'm being serious? I am unaware of the methods of your Goddess, though I'm sure she loathes me so! After all, who am I but one of her enemies?" Sunny offered Lain a smile. "Not to say that I'm your enemy, of course! Us mortals are engaged in squabbles that mean nothing when compared to the ideological struggles of our higher powers..." She closed her eyes and clasped her hands for a moment. They then sprung open, and she turned to Mazelina.

"But I'm curious as to your take as well! Do you think I'll be smote by divine power, should even the thought of your holy sword pass through my mind?"
Barnabas cocked his head, ears twitching slightly. He gave Lys a long, studious look, then glanced away, and nodded smally.

"Just Barnabas, and okay, you can show me how yours work. And I should see how you see the goddess through human eyes anyway, it's a good opportunity." He said, probably fairly clearly to Saya as a fellow laguz and travel-partner for a while, that he was more just being nice, and seemed concerned about Lys a little, than any real interest in the sword or praying.
Baylee startled a bit being called out after her prayer, just cause she wasn’t expecting it. There were a lot of words being said and a lot to take in it made her head spin when usually the most eventful things happening in her village was when a baby was born.

She look towards Lys and makes a small correlation that she was the one cloistered. Man that was a whole thing wasn’t it? Poor thing.
[Image: a2f7fde224a6dd2dcec6d884f86bcf195847dfae.png]
Baylee turns and makes eye contact with her and nods. “Yeh I’ll pray with ya Miss Lys, I’m naw usually the prayin type but ah... Well that’s there.” She points to the sword. “An aye figure I need to start doin more considerin what ayve done and what I’m gunna have to do...” She looks solemn for a second and remembers the second part of the question.

“Oh ye, It’s awright if Barney prays wit us. I ain’t one to stop someone from prayin.”
The frantic inquiry gets a laugh from Mazelina, who continues to go about inspecting the sword. Running her digits along the flat of the blade, inspecting the point, attempting to hold it as though she had any idea what she was doing with a sword, she does it all, trying to get some sort of sign from the metal. From the energy. From a Goddess who she hopes hasn't abandoned her.

"No smiting should happen, no. Though it's kind of you to ask, Miss Lain." She directs her smile to Sunny moments after, shaking her head. "You're perfectly kind, and I'm sure she would be accepting of you, Sunny." Despite her focus, Maz turns to Lys, Baylee, and Barnabas, and whoever else is nearby and joining the prayer circle that I might have missed! "Might I join you all? It's a good way to raise spirits, after all."
ALSO, at some point at the same time or after or perhaps just before, Mazelina is going to continue to discuss with Lain!

"The...Fragarach. You said your father left it to you. How...did he come upon it? Would...sharing a memory of him help, perhaps?" It's clear she's trying to help, what with the soft upturn to her brows and all.
Airitech:

When will you be approaching him, and what all will you say?

---

Baylee, Mazelina, Barnabas:

Lysistrate's smile grows into a full grin as Baylee says yes, and Barnabas agrees, and--

Then the other holy woman of the party approaches. She almost visibly breaks into a sweat.
[Image: wlddtaz.png]

"I... um... Y-Yes, you can! In fact, it is important that you do, because, um, I just-- um. I just realized that, um, I have... to do things!!! Near the bodies of the fallen! Prayers! For the dead! So... ummm... everyone will need another cleric to lead them in prayer! Mhm!!"

She stands up and walks away briskly, almost tripping over her dress several times.

---

Sunny:

Lain watches Mazelina rush off to the prayer circle. There's a pause. She manages to work up the courage to ask:

"So. You really do consider yourself an enemy of the Goddess, then...? Curious... I. I suppose I had assumed that you followed some sort of... 'kinder' idea of Progress, if you don't mind my saying. Some sort of... less confrontational...? Ideal? I can't really work out why else you'd fight alongside us otherwise."

Mazelina:

When you catch Lain later, the sword sits in her lap. She dabs oils over it, making sure it remains polished and kept. The starlight shines down upon it, and you can practically catch the cosmos in its surface.

You stand there in silence for a moment. The only confirmation that she heard what you said is the cessation of her rag's movement. The air holds cold and thin around you. She speaks quietly when she finally finds the words to respond.

"...It was entrusted to the people of Achaim when the League was founded. The kings of Ilya fought unceasingly in that time, and the sword took thousands of lives before peace was finally forged. Achaim was a weak city; even with the sword, it would never be able to conquer the whole of Ilya. So they gave it to us. The nobles of Achaim would be its protectors." She draws a finger across the blade's surface. "My father was its previous keeper. Now the duty has fallen to me."

She shakes away the lingering memories. "...I think I've rambled enough about myself tonight. Would you like to share a memory of your life before all this started? I guarantee you it's more interesting than anything I have to say."
To Mazelina, Sunny offers somewhat of a half grin, though through her amusement shines some skepticism.

"I appreciate your vote of confidence." She says, "Though you must excuse me when I say that I'm unsure."

She waves as Mazelina heads out.

At Lain's words, Sunny cocks her head, looking almost confused for a moment. Then, realization hits and she smiles.

"Ah, I see! You misunderstand me." She shakes her head. "But I suppose some of the fault lies with me as well! I don't particularly understand your Goddess, see." Sunny taps her chin before continuing.

"When I say that I am an enemy of your Goddess, I don't mean to say that I, personally, see her as something to fight against! On the contrary, I somewhat thank your Goddess for giving me this opportunity! Exposing the blasphemy widespread throughout my homeland was a much needed scenario for me." Sunny glances to the side, pressing her lips together in thought. "Very unfortunate that it took a conflict on this scale to reveal such sacrilege, but I suppose that shows the extent of the corruption of Progress' name within my homeland."

"Ah, forgive me! My ramblings haven't answered your question!" Sunny grins. "No, I don't consider myself an enemy of your Goddess. Rather... I feel like your Goddess sees an enemy in me. After all, what is one 'helpful' ant out of a colony of violent ones?"

[Image: x8mrAKp.png]

As she moves onto the next topic, Sunny's smile drops into something more contemplative. "As for my reasons for joining you..." She says, "Let's just say that, for the moment, our goals align. I don't wish for this twisted spread of my God's name."
At some point later, Casey seeks out Lain. He isn't sure why at first. Perhaps it's simply that he hopes to find comfort speaking with someone else from his home. It's awkward when he approaches her, as he's unsure how to unpack his thoughts. 

After a few moments of uncertainty, he begins with, "Had you ever left Achaim before now?"
Milo is mulling things over when Casey comes up to him.  He looks up at the thief and manages a weak grin.

"I managed to pull through again.  Sort of what I do, I guess.  How about you?  I didn't feel great letting you and the others run on ahead while Baylee and I stayed behind, but I suppose you guys got the job done alright."

He takes a deep breath out.

"Didn't feel great doing it though.  Makes me wonder if it was a mistake to have some of us hang back."

Eventually, Milo gets done something he'd been dreading for a while but knew he had to have - a conversation with Sunny.  She wasn't exactly subtle like him, and while she seemed to be against Revotria she definitely still remained steadfast in Progress.  He had to know why.

[Image: Milo1.png]
"Hey, Sunny.  That was uh, nasty business.  With those kids.  I have to uh..."

He pauses, and finds something to sit on before continuing.

"I have to know.  Seeing them, seeing everything happening... You aren't happy with Revotria, you're fighting against them, but why still follow Progress?  Why believe in it?  None of this was happening until Progress came around right.  You keep saying this isn't how it was meant to be, but... was it ever anything else?  How can you be so full of, I don't know, goodwill and faith when everything else we see is, you know, not?"

Milo is also interested in Fragarach, and approches Lain while she tends the sword.

[Image: Milo_Hiding.png]
"Do you uh, mind if I ask you a question?"  He looks over the sword.

"I'm not uh, that is, I grew up far from the goddess, and never took to practicing faith until later in life.  Even then... the way things are now, it's hard to believe in any of it anymore, you know?  You said that the goddess... gave your ancestors the sword?  So they met her or... what then?"

He's got a few quick questions for the Renaultesse faction as well, albeit more practical ones.  He approaches Prince Roland and Sir Abner (either together or separately if that's not possible).  He briefly considers asking the two most clearly capable members of the group, but frankly Lucrezia made him feel uneasy and Dermid still terrified him. 

"Sorry to disturb, your highness, Sir Abner, I was hoping to ask for some advice.  I've been considering how I feel... limited, in terms of how I can help this group.  I'm no slouch with a lance, but I don't think that alone can keep up with most of you.  I was wondering if either of you might have some, ah, pointers for where I should be looking next and tips for how to get there.  If that is, uh, not too much of a problem, that is."
Sunny smiles upon Milo's approach, though it quickly drops away into nothing when he mentions the students.

"Milo," She begins, "I was right about to ask if you ever wanted to pray with me. Though I suppose your questions here are more than answer enough." Sunny lets out a stale laugh. "Why do I follow Progress? The answer is a very simple one..."

[Image: CbeI8mT.png]

"Progress is my life. Without him, I am nothing." Her voice is reverent, hands pressed together as though she intends to pray. "Progress is my ideal, my goal to strive for. In a sense, you may call me a priestess, though I don't befit the word very well, do it?" Sunny laughs. "Given my position... doesn't Prophet sound a lot more fun?" She opens her eyes, grinning. "I find joy and motivation in righting the wrongs of our homeland, of showing those who adhere themselves to a blasphemous caricature of my God that their actions are wrong." She looks up at him. "I get the feeling this didn't answer your question."

At some point, Sunny seeks out Prince Roland, her hands clasped together. She looks... perturbed, but knows that this is but a necessity. If they're to be working together... she didn't want to hide the truth.

"Hello, prince! Or... do you prefer 'your highness'? Either way, I come to you with a confession." Sunny sighs, shaking her head. "I desire to be upfront with you, for the sake of trust, so you know I bear no ill intentions in your presence." She pauses for a moment before continuing.

"I am a Revotrian defector. My homeland is our enemy, though I am still a worshiper of Progress. You shan't find me silent on the matter. But, again, I wish to emphasize that I mean no harm to you or your... assistants. My allies are already aware of this fact, and I, again, wished to let you know up front. You may do with me as you see fit, though I must say..." A smile blooms on her face. "My dark magics are a very beneficial asset."
Airitech is going to wait until Taras is chilling by himself, brooding on a tree-stump or whatever.

And then he's going to be like, "Sorry for stealing your ideas. In my defense, there is a lot of information and under-the-table going on. I get sensory overload sometimes. However, that doesn't really made what I did right. So this is why I came up to you. To apologize."
Barnabas nodded at Baylee, grateful for her acceptance.

And then Lysistrate just fricking ditched. He gave Mazelina a quizzical look, wondering what he'd missed.

"What was that about?"