[IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight

[IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Lien nods to Barnabas.

[Image: zMjNchQ.png]

"Yes. Peace is fragile. It takes work, and it can break down over the generations, I agree..."

[Image: TiA3SsN.png]

"Still... If we can instill peace in the hearts of our people - instill the desire for peace so deeply in the land that it will stand the test of time - then... perhaps it isn't so distant a hope. That's my dream, I suppose."

She folds her hands, one over the other, and looks to Carlyle to answer next. He frowns into the fire for a while before shrugging.

[Image: icXHVq2.png]

"...S'pose I'd want to go back home too. Airitech has the right of it. I just want to see my city restored. To see the world make sense again."

Next it falls to Dermid to answer. The fierce warrior smiles, but there's something sad in his eyes.

[Image: 5wuzLcZ.png]

"I'm an old man, now. I've dreamed all the dreams I 'ave space fer in m'soul. All I'm fightin' fer now is tae see yew lot get the chance tae have yers come true. Tae save as many as I can, an' tae see the good an' the weak rebuild the world, e'en if I'll nae get the pleasure o' seein' it."
[Image: Milo1.png]
"..."

Milo stays silent during this talk of dreams.  Truth be told, he didn't imagine himself worthy of one, and even those that he would wish for felt no longer possible.  Surviving, and helping those around him do so, was more or less all he could hope for anymore - and if helping this lot achieve their dreams might stop the senselessness of this war, all the better to help them achieve it.  Instead, he just stares glumly over the hills as if keeping on watch for any danger.
Saya sits near Barnabas, not really eating but just staring out into the distance. They listen to the conversation and interject after Lien speaks.

[Image: f3e2387c872f7290577e2aa85803e3b2.png]

"Aye, it's your people who should learn peace. We made ours a long time ago, turning the warring-grounds of the old Laguz into our homes."

They smile, and continue

[Image: f3e2387c872f7290577e2aa85803e3b2.png]

"It's nice to see dedication to doing good. I hope our trust in you is not misplaced, for both our sakes. "
Current Projects:
Human space is at war, and we're all caught up in it - Scattered Stars

A woman chases another through the snow, but where will their path lead them? - Footprints in the snow
[Image: a078853c10c8af81ed7398825416c7c0421d25a9.png]
"I feel that is all possible. The peace, a return to home, and- hopefully- even Dermid being around to see it after assisting in attaining." Mazelina nods, cheeks dimpling as she smiles even wider. "Thank you all, for sharing that. I think we can all make this happen. For each other."
[Image: CoCzCmw.png]

"..."

Like Milo, Sunny remains silent. She overheard most of the conversation, but keeps herself separate from the others. Her dreams are different, and she gets the feeling that sharing them will cause nothing but trouble. Still, she keeps them in mind as she continues, another prayer gracing her lips.
Barnabas thought about it, gaze a little hazy.

[Image: nMexSPx.png]

"Peace is, I don't know, it's the role of my family to try to mediate violence and keep the clans working together, but we expect conflict and battle to continue, in the future, and there is respect for those warriors that defend our people and fight for our ways and the ways of each family. This war though is..." He shrugged.

He nods at Saya's words "Yes, I'll agree with that, thankfully, you seem like good people."
"Don't get me started on Henchmen."
Lien seems genuinely moved by the words of the Laguz.
[Image: zMjNchQ.png]

"I... I appreciate your confidence. I simply hope I might--"

Carlyle holds up a finger. All goes quiet in a moment. His voice is hushed.
[Image: icXHVq2.png]

"...There's fighting nearby. Hoofbeats from north and south both. Steel against steel. The enemy might already be upon us - and allies, too."
Milo immediately perks up, straining to hear the sound as  he grabs his lance and tightens his armour.

[Image: N34quH2.png]
"What are we waiting for?  I'm going to take a look."

He then runs up from their camp to try and see if he can tell what's going on from their position.
At the sound of Carlyle's words, Sunny's eyes spring open, her smile once again plastered on her face.

[Image: 1YHEHWt.png]

"I see! Thank you very much!" Her words are clearly not directed at Carlyle, as her hands are still clasped together. She springs to her feet and sees Milo running off.

"Ooh, Milo! Wait for me!" She scoops up her tome and books it after him, eyes shining.
Barnabas stood up, flicking down his hood and ears perking up, trying to hear what Carlyle did.

[Image: nMexSPx.png]

"We will talk of treaties later, and see what virtues further battle reveals." He said, dropping his robe and preparing himself mentally to shift and for battle. Last time had been... unpleasant, hopefully this time would go smoother.
[Image: SU9sSSr.png]

"Well. They ruined a poifectly good conversation. Let's go, lads!"
Dermid seems energized by the group's eager response.

[Image: 5wuzLcZ.png]
"Aye, tha's the spirit! NAE TIME TAE BE DALLYIN' ABOUT, TA ACTION!!! YE WEE ONES GO NORTH WHERE THE LINES ARE THIN, ME AND THESE THREE LAYABOUTS ARE FER THE SOUTH, TAE BREAK THROUGH THE MAIN FORCE! IF THEY INTEND ON CIRCLIN' US, THEN THEY HAVE ANOTHER THING COMIN! FER HONOR, GLORY, AN' A CHANCE TO BREATHE ANEW!"

With that, he charges off, his beleaguered companions trailing in his dust.

[Image: 5iVngWA.png]
[Image: eaEZJeo.png]

"Tch... looks like they've managed to block the way to the main army."

[Image: TUx9RMI.png]

"It'll take more than a daring charge to get through this many Revs. Not that I'd mind giving it a shot."
[Image: awdC88K.png]

"No. We won't be throwing away our lives today. Still, if we try fleeing like this, they'll be able to run us down in no time... Guess we're just going to have to try and hold out for a miracle."

[Image: TUx9RMI.png]

"Not much glory in it, but I'll manage. On your command, your highness."
[Image: eaEZJeo.png]
"...Well. I'll see what I can manage."

Your group emerges from the treeline to find a flowing river. Just over the bridge, a veritable horde of soldiers swarm the land. All of you recognize the colors, Milo most of all: Revotrians. A lot of them. Some of them are clearly dressed as mages. One bears a set of robes which is uncomfortably familiar to both Sunny and Baylee: a wielder of dark magic, if you're to guess.

This battle's gonna be a tough one.

[Image: hR6cVDB.png]

You get a preparation phase! If any of you would like to shift your deployment spot to any place within the forest, you may.

Enemy and Ally stats!

"Ah... I see." Sunny skids to a stop at the edge of the forest. Revotrians, all around. And this time, there are mages among their number, though Sunny can tell that their magic is not the kind she has studied before. But further, beyond them, is what really catches her eye. Robes, familiar ones, ones she had dreamed of wearing once upon a time.

"Progress..." She says, voice low. "Your servant shall see your will done."

SpoilerShow
Airitech does a feckin' SPRINT and moves four spaces in front of Logan, a fellow peasant.
Those dark magic folks are a little scary. The way they do things is so polar to the way that Mazelina uses her will, and she can't help but be wary. She's going to take a single step down from where she is now, to the left of Barnabas.
Milo, still rushing ahead, freezes just as he reaches the edge of the forest.  He supposed he knew this was coming, even more so this past couple of days, but it still took him momentarily aback to see his old comrades.  He impulsively pulls at his cloak again, as if to hide his treachery from them, but then reminds himself of why he left.

Milo steels himself, and steps out of the forest.

SpoilerShow
Barnabas frowned at the sight of this force, closing in on the distant forces.

Well, he'd gotten involved and then been saved by the allies of those in the distance, so, some debt needed to be repaid there. Although, he shared a sympathetic look with Mazelina, also being concerned at the mages. After all, he'd been in fights before, but he'd never seen anything like what Sunny had done to someone and those looked like enemy casters so... he may experience something unpleasant in this upcoming scuffle.

He breathed in, and then moved up to in front of current Mazelina and to the left of Sunny, filling the space Mazelina had left.
So this is life now.

Logan's at least gotten over the last fight a little bit, just in time to be tossed into another harrowing battle.

Well. Time to kill or be killed.

Logan moves two right and two up, to get a little closer to the fight (but still in a good place to not get immediately blasted apart).
Oh Baylee feels a cold sweat facing up against a dark magic user. How in the hell do you fight darkness?? She’s most scared of getting touched by it. That’s the LAST thing she wants to happen. It’s taking away her focus this terror. She uncharacteristicly does not charge forward.

SpoilerShow
Casey holds his ground, keeping close to those around him. Unlike the bandits in their last encounter, the battalion before them is well-armed and organized. He swallows a lump in his throat as he grips at his dagger. This doesn't look easy.

SpoilerShow
[Image: gU425jN.png]

[Image: BQMupoY.png]

OBJECTIVE: Survive ten turns OR defeat the enemy commander.

Bonus Objective: Keep allied units alive!

"I have never been subject to such anima magics in combat, so I shall see how my studies need adjusting." Sunny muses, mainly to herself. She steps out of the forest, dark magic already coiling around her arm, growing from the tome laying open in her palm. Sunny extends her free hand, and the tubes of shadow jump out, arcing towards the mage within reach.

SpoilerShow
Sunny sets out to lay low this dastardly magician!

Combat Forecast:
SpoilerShow

Sunny attacks! Hit! The worm sinks into his flesh and tears 7 HP out of him!

The mage counters! Hit! A burst of flames scorches Sunny's face!
Hm. There's some people in potential trouble up to the north, and more importantly, there's a river here! Logan should be able to make good use of this.

Logan moves 5 spaces north and waits.
Barnabas decided... Okay, this would likely suck but, for now he moved up out of the woods and then dashed in front of the mage, preparing to keep an eye on the ongoing combat and pump himself up to transform.

SpoilerShow