We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
Trying out the demo, they five you Lilith, Morrigan and Bulletta... Bulletta.

I'm gonna be here all night folks.

So far the port looks and feels perfect, the stick is a bit slippery though, I dunno if that's because I'm using a pad or because I'm used to the pace of skullfirls, prolly both. Not a big fan of the new menus, artwork and remixed music either, I guess my expectations are too high, but who cares its a ggpo darkstalkers port that's faithful to the original, my wet dream. I haven't been this excited about a game in a long time.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
When I played around in P4A everything seemed fairly consistent, but I was also figuring it out on the go and really only had a couple moves down per character because if it's not Street Fighter or Smash Bros. I have no idea what I'm doing in any fighting game.
oh man are we talking about fighting games right now awh ye

Squigly and Big Band were funded officially last night for Skullgirls! I've heard Big Band plays like Q from Third Strike. Haven't played Third Strike myself, but he's something of a brute with high health and really slow speed and attacks.

I dunno if the third character will get funded (still got two weeks left anyhow) but I'm voting for Andy Anvil.

edit: on a sidenote I figured out my backlog and jesus christ it's horrendous. 60+ UNPLAYED GAMES. And that's just my PC games + a friend and mine's PS3 collection. If we're counting Wii games, eeuugghh
[Image: tumblr.png] [Image: signature.gif] [Image: sig.gif]
I just moved in with a few friends and we just combined our collection into a super collection.

My backlog is infinite.
Big Band is cool and I'm glad they got a lot of money but his isn't one of their more appealing (to me) character designs (read as: no sapient parasites)
haha, we're all good friends and kept a list of which games were ours if you were concerned about a falling out causing drama over who gets which games.

Also we only have to pay 20$ each for a new game, life is beautiful.
(03-14-2013, 06:33 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Doo I thought your Backloggery was goddamn bonkers. I own more games and I've beaten more of them. Current assessment lies at: NOT HARDLY BONKERS.

Nah man, I'm talking percentage wise. I've only got like 10% beaten. No games 100% completed either!

Anarchy Reigns'll probably be my first Completed game. Also been thinking of doing a BP Only run in TTYD.

EDIT: Also, as I've talked about on my Tumblr, my 3DS has been lost since Christmas so I'm just going to buy a new one. It'll be an XL anyway. I really want to play Animal Crossing.
I just looked at my Steam statistics and apparently I've played something like 230-odd hours of Crusader Kings II? I've never played a game for more than about 80-ish hours prior to this and I'm not sure whether I'm happy to have found a game so addicting or peeved that I'm accumulating such a ridiculous backlog of other games I need to play while I'm off pretending to be a medieval asshole.
What are your opinions on the game? It just looks mad complicated to me.

Also have you tried the Song of Ice and Fire mod?
Sooooo, has anyone played the new Tomb Raider?

I've been sort of tugged around by opinions on the internet that have lead me to be not very excited about it, especially since Tomb Raider 3 snuffed any desire for me to play any other game in the series early on, and I guess what I'm really asking is: As someone who tries out games just for the sake of finding some merit in their design, is there anything that I should sit down and experience with that game?

All the gameplay trailers haven't really shown me anything I'd be interested in, though sometimes that's just the marketing portion pushing exciting features such as gunplay when there's another draw that I'd ACTUALLY be excited by.
(03-14-2013, 08:36 PM)Granolaman Wrote: »What are your opinions on the game? It just looks mad complicated to me.

Also have you tried the Song of Ice and Fire mod?

It's really fun, honestly-- it's definitely sort of complicated to start out, mainly because there's a lot of different mechanics and there isn't that much material that's really good at explaining everything. You kind of just have to throw yourself in and figure out how things work-- I know that I spent a lot of time making abortive half-starts on the game before I was confident enough to really get started, and even then there's still a lot of stuff I'm not particularly good at-- like figuring out how to get claims on land other than through manufacturing claims. At the same time though I really appreciate that it's probably one of the few games where I can build an empire and watch as my imbecile dwarf son inherits the throne and it all falls apart. I dunno, it's one of those games I have a hard time really explaining.

I kinda tried the ASoIaF mod? It wasn't really my cup of tea even though I liked the books, the mod's kind of built around a small cadre of characters being superhuman legends pretty much. Nearly all of the book characters have utterly obscene skills, which both does and doesn't make sense.
(03-14-2013, 08:36 PM)Granolaman Wrote: »What are your opinions on the game? It just looks mad complicated to me.
Honestly, for the most part it looks more complicated than it is. Although maybe it helped that I was constantly asking Sanzh for help early on.

Seriously, though, once you get the general gist things are pretty intuitive, save for the occasional casus belli you had no idea existed up until then.
OH MY GOD BACKLOGGERY IS SO GREAT

just found it, now importing all 100+ of my games
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
(03-14-2013, 09:18 PM)Garuru Wrote: »OH MY GOD BACKLOGGERY IS SO GREAT

just found it, now importing all 100+ of my games

You best be friending Freq and I.
A single tear shed for Billy Hatcher missing in action from Sega All Stars Racing Transformed.

Crying Eagle

also bayonetta
(03-14-2013, 07:43 PM)Sanzh Wrote: »I just looked at my Steam statistics and apparently I've played something like 230-odd hours of Crusader Kings II? I've never played a game for more than about 80-ish hours prior to this and I'm not sure whether I'm happy to have found a game so addicting or peeved that I'm accumulating such a ridiculous backlog of other games I need to play while I'm off pretending to be a medieval asshole.
YES! I managed to hold on to my empire despite a string of unlucky deaths. Wait. Why are there factions. Oh, I forgot I let that ambitious duke live! Now he has ambitious duke kids. Oh no. WAIT. WHY DOES MY GUY HAVE FIVE SINS. OH NO.

I have been seriously considering doing a CK2 AAR. I think I might start a new game with Basque culture just for the absolute cognatic succession—that will make marriages very tough, plus they don’t start out very big.

It is complicated at first, but eventually you get the hang of it; once you have had several catastrophes, you tend to figure out what not to do, plus you can often look up solutions. Don’t make the mistake of thinking there’s a perfect strategy, either; there are just good ideas, bad ideas, and toss-ups.

It does get to a point where there are no surprises left, or where you might feel like you’re playing things too gamey, though (e.g. grant a bunch of titles to your heir, thus making him deal with everyone else’s crap instead of you and giving you a doomstack any time you summon his forces).
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
Crusader Kings 2 is the only Paradox grand strategy game that is decently playable without using the Designated Unofficial Gamefixing Mod (Magna Mundi for EU3, Pop Demand Mod for Vic2, etc), and the hilariously ugly way in which the AI tries to understand conquest actually works in this era where everything is simply personal/dynastic claims rather than actually dealing with states. If you don't want to muck around with mods and want to try a Paradox game, I'd suggest CK2, and it also can have an appeal in that it's closer to an RPG in a sense in that individual nobles have a meaning, while games further in time abstract away people in favour of political/economic fiddling.
FIIINE i'll get a backloggery. Only gonna put in the games in my 3DS right now though.
Okay, this is a signature.

I have like 134 games which honestly surprises me.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
all of my comments on my backloggery are complaining about video games do i even enjoy playing video games (yes i do)

i enjoy that barkley's title does not fit
(03-15-2013, 05:19 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »
(03-15-2013, 02:56 PM)Garuru Wrote: »Okay, this is a signature.

I have like 134 games which honestly surprises me.

You'd have less if you didn't include romhacks. The site is for physical collections/legit downloads.

Also, the Mastered category is for self-imposed challenges.

Eh, people can use it for whatever they want, methinks. Unless the rules strictly prohibit it for some reason but I doubt it.

I'm just afraid to use it because my Steam list is daunting.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
(03-15-2013, 05:38 PM)cyber95 Wrote: »I'm just afraid to use it because my Steam list is daunting.

But that's the perfect reason to use it
Okay, that's the purpose for most people, but if somebody wants to use it as a convenient list of 'things I need to get around to,' why not, even if it includes rom hacks and the like?
Yeah, some rom hacks are legitimate games in their own right, Supes. Why do they not get to be on the list?
I mean, by your definition, should I take off games a friend gave me? Or freeware games? Or that old cartridge I found in the street the other day with no label, wow, the graphics in this game are incredible, didn't know gameboy pocket could do color, and how did it know my name already?