+iny ©at people

+iny ©at people
RE: +iny ©at people
Approach cautiously, it looks pretty spooky, but you never know. If things look bad you can always run away and/or fill it with lead.

If this really is the ice gnome, we shouldn't admit it until later, if at all.
>Do a crime.
> No idea. We never did teach you caution, self-preservation, or any survival concepts... just... philosophical high-minded concepts.. except mortality. Probably should have taught you mortality. And hierarchy. Maybe try reasoning with it? If reasoning fails, well, violence is A solution, even if it isn't the BEST solution.
Is thaaaat the ice gnome?
So... ice gnome... perhaps there's a way to just push it off the edge so that Fernando doesn't need to use up too much energy? If anything, we should probably warn her to have her gun or the evertorch ready.
[Image: I00Gm9L.png]

FROG-CRIMES: Uhhh real quick, Grind, do cats who perish also get that choice?
GRIND: No. They would be dead
GRIND: Why do you ask?

FROG-CRIMES: Give us a minute, we gotta deal with something.

You quickly convey to Fernando: you can’t quite tell what this creature is, but there’s a chance it’s something you call an “Ice Gnome”. You don’t know if it’s safe to approach, so get ready to attack it if necessary, the Evertorch would be a good weapon.

Fernando is quiet, and you can’t tell how much of that is due to your “reception” getting worse. She’s deeply suspicious, but she can’t place exactly why. She puts one hand on her gun under her coat and slowly steps forward, greeting the creature-

[Image: U8zzhdO.png]

[Image: Qmu8VBs.png]

[Image: xjsrbqc.png]

After the creature falls to the ground, Fernando simply watches it for a minute… and asks it if it’s okay. She nudges it with her foot, her raspy voice shakier than usual as she tries to get it to respond a few more times.

It's getting incredibly hard to see her.

FROG-CRIMES: ...uh, okay, we’re back. Don’t worry about the gnome thing, we dealt with it.
GRIND: Oh. Good
GRIND: Was there anything else you needed?
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
i think we should talk to macaron
It's dead, Fern.
(09-05-2017, 02:16 AM)Wheat Wrote: »Fernando, you ended the life of the thing that just attacked you. Ending the life of other things is one of the most serious things you can do and something that everyone tries to avoid, because it's permanent. But you acted in self defense and did what you had to to protect yourself.

What just happened was probably very emotionally trying for you. You could probably use someone to be with right now, like Windy and Fennel.

If you come back, we can teach you mortality so you can better come to terms with what happened. You can go back out afterwards at any time (and with better preparations) if you want to.

(Or, if you go on meeting Grind we can ask them to teach you what mortality is.)

wheat is such a good cat dad, i second all of this again
>Fernando please come home, we can teach you new pranks, that'd be cool right?
>We should leave her be and make her own choice. She's dealing with a lot of things right now, and right now, any threat we know of is disposed of. Let her think things through and probably talk to Grind to take better care of her than we ever had.
(09-05-2017, 02:16 AM)Wheat Wrote: »Fernando, you ended the life of the thing that just attacked you. Ending the life of other things is one of the most serious things you can do and something that everyone tries to avoid, because it's permanent. But you acted in self defense and did what you had to to protect yourself.

What just happened was probably very emotionally trying for you. You could probably use someone to be with right now, like Windy and Fennel.

If you come back, we can teach you mortality so you can better come to terms with what happened. You can go back out afterwards at any time (and with better preparations) if you want to.

(Or, if you go on meeting Grind we can ask them to teach you what mortality is.)

>seconding
>Grind, should an ice gnome look like a dog?

>I didn't think of it when we gave you your stuff, but we could make a weapon that puts things to sleep instead of killing them. With that you wouldn't have to do this in the future.

If you come back to us, we won't tell anyone what you did, you murderer

Wheat's stuff sounds good, but about the bit about teaching fernando about mortality, didn't teaching fennel about mortality only teach it that we can kill it? Maybe we should teach Fernando about death or something instead.
Seconding what Wheat said. We really messed this up bad and if we don't handle the situation carefully we're gonna lose Fernando.
go back to the original planet and make a little boat
leave windy and fennel a note

"we've really fucked it up.

fernando is probably traumatized, they had to kill a monster we created to attack them, all to prove some messed up point this most of me doesnt even begin to agree with. there's no going back from this. if you're angry enough to leave us behind entirely, to go rogue, you have good reason to, but your odds of making it to the end of this session- to either paradise or to the world the gods inhabit- will be significantly lowered, we think. i'm not even really sure how that is, considering our actions- i'm just trusting what other gods have said about people going rogue.

the part of me writing this note hopes you can find and comfort fernando- they were last headed to another god called grind's place, i think- but do not expect them to stay with us. their anger is more than justified, so please, don't even attempt to get them to return from being rogue. a chunk of us genuinely cares about you and wants to keep you safe through to the end of this, but with everything that's happened, if you choose to stay in spite of our actions, you should not trust us- you absolutely must use your own judgement when hearing our words, you absolutely must make your own decisions, and follow your own sense of right and wrong. you have good hearts, so please please please listen to this note.

i'm sorry you were created by such a cruel and capricious god- ironically a god of justice, even though nothing we've done so far has been remotely just. if there's anything i can do to help that's within my power, please tell me- this part of me wants to help. we owe you, big time.

- frog-crimes"
We can't create anything while Fernando is out on an adventure. So, perhaps amend that for if/when they actually go rogue. Most we can do right now is just convey moods, emotions, and general concepts. As such, I'd extend a mood of regret, compassion, sadness, sorriness, and a tinge of pride. Fernando did what they had to do, what they were forced to do, for that we should be proud of them, but our focus should be on positive feelings towards Fernando. We should try to convey to them, that we love them unconditionally, and want what is best for them, even if parts of us go about it in completely the wrong-ass ways. We're a jumble mess of a deity, but we can at least agree that we care for these tiny, impressionable, and adorkable cat people.

TL;DR: We're a terrible parent, but we're still a parent.
i dont think this is a time for any positive emotions
Positive is the wrong word. Supportive? We should be supportive of Fernando. Not in a happy-excitable way, but in the solemn-wefuckedupwe'resorry way.
(09-06-2017, 01:59 AM)Wheat Wrote: »
(09-05-2017, 09:41 AM)Fellow Wrote: »With that you wouldn't have to do this in the future.

If you come back to us, we won't tell anyone what you did, you murderer
I mean, there's another way they wouldn't "have to do this" in the future, don't make up needless threats.

youre the one who made an ice gnome that would specifically attack them and only them in the first place, they didn't really have a choice of what to do in the split second between noticing it was attacking and the time it would have reached them.

you made something that they would have to kill in a traumatic way or else be killed, to prove some really messed up point. so you probably shouldn't call them a murderer even jokingly (it's on your hands), or offer advice on what's best for them.

What I was trying to say with the first bit is that we can make a sleepy dart gun for Fernando so that if ever she needs to defend herself she won't have to kill to do it. I figure Fernando might think she'll have to keep killing things if she sticks with us, so I figure I'd offer her a nonlethal option. I did not intend to tell her that if she leaves us she'll have to keep murdering stuff.

The bit where I call fernando a murderer is indeed a joke, hence why I crossed it out. It was not intended to be heard by fernando.
To Fernando:
This is the turning point. In a few moments, we will likely lose contact with you, and if that occurs it will not be possible for us to help you, or for you to help us. This is supposedly called "going rogue", and is irreversible.
If you don't make your choice now, your choice will likely make itself.

We would like for you to come back, but we will not force you. Whatever decision you make, we are sure that it will be the right one. Just make sure that you make that decision soon.
(09-06-2017, 04:10 AM)Loather Wrote: »leave windy and fennel a note

fernando is probably traumatized, they had to kill a monster we created to attack them, all to prove some messed up point this most of me doesnt even begin to agree with. there's no going back from this. if you're angry enough to leave us behind entirely, to go rogue, you have good reason to, but your odds of making it to the end of this session- to either paradise or to the world the gods inhabit- will be significantly lowered, we think. i'm not even really sure how that is, considering our actions- i'm just trusting what other gods have said about people going rogue.

the part of me writing this note hopes you can find and comfort fernando- they were last headed to another god called grind's place, i think- but do not expect them to stay with us. their anger is more than justified, so please, don't even attempt to get them to return from being rogue. a chunk of us genuinely cares about you and wants to keep you safe through to the end of this, but with everything that's happened, if you choose to stay in spite of our actions, you should not trust us- you absolutely must use your own judgement when hearing our words, you absolutely must make your own decisions, and follow your own sense of right and wrong. you have good hearts, so please please please listen to this note.

i'm sorry you were created by such a cruel and capricious god- ironically a god of justice, even though nothing we've done so far has been remotely just. if there's anything i can do to help that's within my power, please tell me- this part of me wants to help. we owe you, big time.

- frog-crimes"

Voting to veto this - not that we can actually make the note now regardless.

The problem can still be resolved. There's no reason to overreact immediately, depending on how Wheat's post plays out.

I agree with the contents of the note itself, but much of it has been said already. Repeating ourselves in this case will weaken our position, not improve it. The TCPs have been given some tools to craft their own self-determination. We ought to stop smothering them by hammering the idea into their skulls every few scenes. Their will shall be stronger if we allow it to develop naturally.

At this point, they need to be given the objective facts, with which to form their own opinions. This note as it stands is too disjointed and subjective.

To summarize, I agree with you, but this approach does not deliver the point well.
[Image: Q1YUvI1.jpg]
disregard my previous suggestion, send wendy and fennel a letter, but not assuming ferns rogue, because my reading comprehendsion has become stronger with time

the part of me writing this note hopes you can find and comfort fernando- they were last headed to another god called grind's place, i think. considering what's happened, they might want to go rogue, or they might even wish to go with grind. this is a difficult and personal decision for them, and their anger is more than justified, so please, don't pressure them into staying with us- be there for them as friends, and be willing to accept whatever choice they make. a chunk of us genuinely cares about you and wants to keep you safe through to the end of this, but with everything that's happened, if you choose to stay in spite of our actions, you should not trust us- you absolutely must use your own judgement when hearing our words, you absolutely must make your own decisions, and follow your own sense of right and wrong. you have good hearts, so please please please listen to this note.

- frog-crimes"
Still don't agree with a letter, since it is actually a thing we can't make right now anyway, but I don't outright veto it. It isn't worded well and, while truthful, is misleading because it lacks context. I'm not opposed to the idea of A letter (even though I think they need to be handled with extreme care for how... dangerous they can be) but I do not fully support THIS letter. If that matters at all.