[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)

[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)
RE: [Fortuna]: 3/17 WE GOT LAMPS
1: REMOVE GUN
2: KEEP LAMP FROM SHEDDING DEADLY LIGHT (or whatever Eris is probably going to do)
3: NEGOTIATE! As always, we want as much life as possible.
(03-18-2017, 06:13 AM)GlowyMushroom Wrote: »>"Please, drop the weapon and no one else needs to die, I only ask you tell who your client is, why they sent you, and that you leave here without killing Eris."

[Image: 5v1wobd.gif]

[Image: faqwtnF.gif]

[Image: QMSsHz0.gif]

[Image: UwKRHJB.gif]

[Image: 65GaMPS.gif]

[Image: CeJIvfp.gif]

[Image: 8xjvqmW.gif]

[Image: s8ljsul.gif]

[Image: Jdf61b7.gif]

[Image: SuFNwuw.gif]

[Image: wq6g7Kr.gif]
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
RE: [Fortuna]: 3/19 READY AIM AND......
>Athena, I think this should be your call.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
>shoot
>I mean, crank, then shoot
Watch in awe as I end every comment I've ever written and ever will write with the greatest and most anticlimactic signature in the universe!!!!!!!!!

poopy
We have no reason to kill Hep now, since we know who the person he's working for is the Known portion of The Divided. Anything we need to know about them Eris would likely be able to tell us. I'm wondering if we should try to convince Hep to come with us somehow. He's a nice enough dude, and he already said going back empty handed would be worse than death. So why go back at all?
>So did you instal horrible mind control software on Athena on the Known's behalf too or was that just for fun?

>We're gonna want your remote to Athena so we can break it, please.

>How about you tag along with us to the center of the universe? That way you could take shelter by the Helper.
>Eris, why exactly is it that you can't just kill your other half and end this mess? I mean, we just saw Nikki threaten to eat Macciu... but then Nikki died and Macciu stayed trapped in space inside an inventory-item i guess... but nothing happened! So what gives?!
> Begin cranking the gun
> What else can you tell me about the Known? I kinda need to know how screwed I am. They, like, physically exist, right?

Do you guys really think Hep will be any safer with our crew? If anything, that's inviting our crew for destruction.
(03-19-2017, 02:16 PM)Spish Wrote: »Do you guys really think Hep will be any safer with our crew? If anything, that's inviting us for destruction.
The mercury is indestructible, though and we're headed for the limbo god that literally tore the Divided a new one.

If we do kill Heph,

Eris, would the Known know it was us if we killed Heph?
> Eris, are you capable of protecting Heph from The Known, and what would it take on Heph's part to get this?

> Helios, your thoughts?

> Oh, and if Athena doesn't survive, then definitely kill him.

(03-19-2017, 01:40 PM)Fellow Wrote: »>So did you instal horrible mind control software on Athena on the Known's behalf too or was that just for fun?
I think that was on Zeus's behalf, in case Athena decides the most practical course of action be to kill another god or some other horrible thing.
(03-19-2017, 02:29 PM)DS Piron Wrote: »
(03-19-2017, 01:40 PM)Fellow Wrote: »>So did you instal horrible mind control software on Athena on the Known's behalf too or was that just for fun?
I think that was on Zeus's behalf, in case Athena decides the most practical course of action be to kill another god or some other horrible thing.
I think mindcontrolling Athena comes with the standard Zeus package, though, seeing as Poseidon doesn't realize she's forced to act like she likes him
(03-19-2017, 01:22 PM)AABowser Wrote: »>shoot
>I mean, crank, then shoot

Once that's taken care of...
>Meeting Start!
>Offer Hephaestus refuge on the ship, protect him from Eris.

He's going to make our engine room amazing!
Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
>Eris won't kill him.
>Ask Athena and Helios what should be done here
>also Eris you turning out to be a limbo god after all this is a little lame. Mors probably is too. Everyone and their grandma is
(03-19-2017, 03:09 PM)tronn Wrote: »>Offer Hephaestus refuge on the ship, protect him from Eris.
And leave him stuck in the Center of the Universe with the Helper forever? How do we benefit from this?
(03-19-2017, 03:51 PM)Spish Wrote: »And leave him with the Helper? How do we benefit from this?
We get Heph made gear(since he's not gonna get this ride for free) for this run(and perhaps future runs if we leave some of it with Hades), and we don't end up killing a poor slob who is in way over their heads. If not for its own sake, I imagine the latter could earn us some brownie points with Helios.
He said himself that this would be more of a mercy kill. We cant let him have Eris, so he's dead either way. At least this way we get his powers.
>I'm sorry, Heph. Despite how much of an asshole you are, this really sucks.
>Summon a rifle or something, this cannon might blast his donkey too and I don't want that to happen. Maybe this?
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...3D15.1&f=1]
(03-19-2017, 03:59 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(03-19-2017, 03:51 PM)Spish Wrote: »And leave him with the Helper? How do we benefit from this?
We get Heph made gear(since he's not gonna get this ride for free) for this run(and perhaps future runs if we leave some of it with Hades), and we don't end up killing a poor slob who is in way over their heads. If not for its own sake, I imagine the latter could earn us some brownie points with Helios.

I think we should ask for a LOT more.

1. We hold this guys life in our hands. I don't see us getting this much leverage with other gods any time soon unless we decide to get violent.

2. We may or may not be indirectly screwing ourselves out of getting on good terms with the Unknown. Which puts a dent in our plan to get some Limbo Gods to help us out.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
Honestly we'd probably benefit a lot more in the long run if we took his powers, and we can probably claim his gun/donkey for our crew either way.

> If Hephaestus refuses to divulge in any more information, be sure to remind him that we and our patrons are in danger, and we're only in this situation because he attacked us and refused to tell us who he was working for. This is clearly his fault. So the least he can do is explain what we're up against.

Gotta appeal to his apologetic side.
>Point out that if Hephaestus is going to die no matter what, why should he hang onto information that would be useful against the Limbo God forcing him to do this
[Image: 0T9kaDK.png]

(03-19-2017, 05:14 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »2. We may or may not be indirectly screwing ourselves out of getting on good terms with the Unknown. Which puts a dent in our plan to get some Limbo Gods to help us out.
We'll do that even if we kill Heph. We can only get out of this without the Known's disapproval if we let Heph have Eris or if we somehow manage to hide our help to Eris from the limbo god of knowledge.

And if we're gonna try working with the Known it's probably gonna want to reattach its head to Eris.

If we want the help of this Limbo the best course of action would be to betray Eris and kill Athena. Of course, that's assuming the full divided would help us and we'd not be throwing out the only limbo who's already willing to try kill the sun god.(Not counting potentially macciu?)
>[robot hoarder] Check if Heph would be amicable to joining our crew or patrons and the protections that provides. See if we can unlock another patron slot. If I recall our ship is a disaster inside and Heph may be able to help with that.

SpoilerShow
(03-19-2017, 05:40 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(03-19-2017, 05:14 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »2. We may or may not be indirectly screwing ourselves out of getting on good terms with the Known. Which puts a dent in our plan to get some Limbo Gods to help us out.
We'll do that even if we kill Heph. We can only get out of this without the Known's disapproval if we let Heph have Eris or if we somehow manage to hide our help to Eris from the limbo god of knowledge.

And if we're gonna try working with the Known it's probably gonna want to reattach its head to Eris.

If we want the help of this Limbo the best course of action would be to betray Eris and kill Athena. Of course, that's assuming the full divided would help us and we'd not be throwing out the only limbo who's already willing to try kill the sun god.(Not counting potentially macciu?)

Yeah I know we'll have pissed off the Known (Typo in my first post) by doing this anyway. What I was saying was that since we're burning that bridge we should probably try to get a better deal from this than some shiny trinkets we may or may not forget about or lose to bad rolls.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(03-19-2017, 05:59 PM)Futurdreamz Wrote: »>[robot hoarder] Check if Heph would be amicable to joining our crew or patrons and the protections that provides. See if we can unlock another patron slot. If I recall our ship is a disaster inside and Heph may be able to help with that.
Nikki repaired the ship so that's not something we need to worry about. Also note that Athena would hate to have to put up with Heph even if we could add a third patron.(Also, keep in mind that even trash only has two patrons.)

(03-19-2017, 06:01 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Yeah I know we'll have pissed off the Known (Typo in my first post) by doing this anyway. What I was saying was that since we're burning that bridge we should probably try to get a better deal from this than some shiny trinkets we may or may not forget about or lose to bad rolls.
Point taken. I'm not sure what else Heph could give us, but if we do save him we should indeed ask for as much as we can. Other benefits could be that we may have earned some brownie points from Athena for helping to save her lover and that Eris perhaps owes us too from some point of view(Since she's the one we're burning this bridge to save) but killing Heph would still yield extra benefits.
Not sure if offering protection to Hephaestus is the best idea; the moment we leave, we could get slammed by The Known, and the whole Mercury ship thing probably won't help as much as we think it will.

The truth is that Eris killing him might be the best course of action.
A): Our hands are clean, and we stay off of The Known's radar.
B): Eris would likely get sent to the tutorial, which is probably safer than here (I think).
C): Even if this does backfire (like she turns on us or something), we probably wouldn't stand a chance either way (in fact, letting her have this would probably reduce the odds of her attacking us).
"If I had more time I would have written a shorter letter." - Blaise Pascal