[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)

[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/23 Verbally sweats
Sorry Athena sometimes weird stuff just flops out of our mouth. Sorry Helios also.

Do we want Cea in the party? Cause if we don't want him around we may want to give him a therapy session on the ship. His sanity is at -90.

Let's have Slate go to the party. He can Sanity swap with one of the guests and be right as rain.

>Slate, and Cleo if possible.

Let's take the music box, the magnet and some throwing knives, but keep the rest of our inventory empty.

(10-23-2016, 05:49 AM)awkwardcarapace Wrote: »Whoa what the heck Helios opened his mouth.
I imagine it's a detailed marker drawing.

Edit: Oh wait, is Latta gonna head to the party on the pterodactyl? That'd mean we'd only be able to pick one crewmember. I guess we shouldn't send Slate if that's the case, since that would leave us unable to talk with people. In that case I guess I'd go with edel since the rest of the crew is in kinda bad shape.
>Athena, the note Helios was embarrassed about said we think you've got romantic feelings for Helios that he's not noticing. Let's just skip the 'secretive romancey no-communication bullshit' step and put that on the table where everyone can see it.
(10-23-2016, 10:31 AM)Shaula Wrote: »>Athena, the note Helios was embarrassed about said we think you've got romantic feelings for Helios that he's not noticing. Let's just skip the 'secretive romancey no-communication bullshit' step and put that on the table where everyone can see it.

SECONDING
>Edel: "Nobody I can see here is going. Marble's injured, Cleo is sick, and Cea is..."

>Edel: "...Anyway, Slate is still recovering, and I have to stay here and do my job. I'd suggest taking the Helios unit but he's been looking after Nero, and I am NOT adding infant care to the mess of things I have to do today."

>Edel: "Wait, speaking of infants, what about that robot Cleo made?"

>Everyone: Lower your heads in silence.

>Latta: Point at Cea.

>Edel: "...I see."

(10-23-2016, 10:31 AM)Shaula Wrote: »>Athena, the note Helios was embarrassed about said we think you've got romantic feelings for Helios that he's not noticing. Let's just skip the 'secretive romancey no-communication bullshit' step and put that on the table where everyone can see it.

>The note in question was a joke, we didn't actually think either of you have romantic feelings for the other. It wasn't a very nice joke and we apologize. We know how you are with drama Athena, we shouldn't have tried to cause any.
Cleo and Marble are both hurt so they should stay. Cea probably wants to come, but we should pick someone who hasn't had much screen time yet. Edel is needed on the ship (to look after Cleo and to annoy Cea), so let's pick Slate.
Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
> Leave Edel to take care of folks. Probably best if Slate unloads his [Sanity Swap] on a party guest rather than a party member, but then there would be the issue of communication. Maybe we can convince Athena to let us speak through Latta? That's assuming that we actually need to speak to anyone at all.

> Cleo: How are you holding up, there? Bummed that you're too sick to go to the gala? Chin up! Maybe you'll be visited by a fairy-god-mother or something. ^w^ *sinister always-platonic smile* ^w^

> [Actually, we made a mistake in our private note to Helios. We claimed that you had a crush on him when you were talking about a "different" fan of his, but in all likelyhood, you were actually talking about Nike and her creepy Helios wall/shrine. Did I get it right this time?]
"If I had more time I would have written a shorter letter." - Blaise Pascal
SpoilerShow

(if so:)
> Slate, Hermes, and Cleo (if well enough.(Doubtful)) (If there's only room for one more on Shu'da, then just Slate)
> If not Hermes (Either because no room for two, or not possible to go back), then take (...*sigh*) Helios v11.
(10-23-2016, 03:45 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »> Leave Edel to take care of folks. Probably best if Slate unloads his [Sanity Swap] on a party guest rather than a party member, but then there would be the issue of communication. Maybe we can convince Athena to let us speak through Latta? That's assuming that we actually need to speak to anyone at all.
Hmm, I guess that even if we had Cleo or Edel with us, Latta would still be the face of the party, seeing as she's got better charisma and intelligence than both. I guess I'm picking Slate in both cases.

I guess we should have him take the magnet, and perhaps a notepad to communicate with but leave the rest of his inventory open for loot. Slate's got pyromancy even if he's not great at it. He probably doens't need weapons.

Edit:
(10-23-2016, 05:49 PM)DS Piron Wrote: »
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

THIRDING

all cards on the table, athena may be the huge fan, maybe not. either way it seems helios would rather die than let athena know what I wrote on that note. so maybe he has feelings. in any case just address this and get it over with.
(10-23-2016, 06:25 PM)Dediles Wrote: »all cards on the table, athena may be the huge fan, maybe not. either way it seems helios would rather die than let athena know what I wrote on that note. so maybe he has feelings. in any case just address this and get it over with.

Maybe you and the other guys are joking or something, but it's Eris. The fan is Eris. She takes pictures of him outside of his window, among other things.
(10-23-2016, 06:28 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(10-23-2016, 06:25 PM)Dediles Wrote: »all cards on the table, athena may be the huge fan, maybe not. either way it seems helios would rather die than let athena know what I wrote on that note. so maybe he has feelings. in any case just address this and get it over with.

Maybe you and the other guys are joking or something, but it's Eris. The fan is Eris. She takes pictures of him outside of his window.

I just want to see what happens2
Oh and if all of this is gonna come out of You's mouth I would like to say on behalf of us all that I really like the taste of pasta.
(10-23-2016, 05:52 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(10-23-2016, 05:49 PM)DS Piron Wrote: »
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
...Yeah, that wasn't too clear. I was only thinking of Hermes saving himself. Saving everyone else is too... beneficial. There'd have to be a catch (like, not doing it at all.)
(-post edited, just to be sure.-)
(10-23-2016, 06:44 PM)DS Piron Wrote: »...Yeah, that wasn't too clear. I was only thinking of Hermes saving himself. Saving everyone else is too... beneficial. There'd have to be a catch (like, not doing it at all.)
(-post edited, just to be sure.-)

It's more like, Hermes likes to watch people die.
(10-23-2016, 06:28 PM)Fellow Wrote: »Maybe you and the other guys are joking or something, but it's Eris. The fan is Eris. She takes pictures of him outside of his window, among other things.

Whoops! Why did I think it was Nike that did that? XD

Anyways, seconding the Magnet+Notepad for inventory, but I want to say that *some* sort of weapon would be better than just weak pyrokinesis? Maybe something that only takes up 1 space? Do we have anything like that?
(10-23-2016, 08:58 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »Anyways, seconding the Magnet+Notepad for inventory, but I want to say that *some* sort of weapon would be better than just weak pyrokinesis? Maybe something that only takes up 1 space? Do we have anything like that?

He could get one of the knives the other crew are carrying, or 4 throwing knives. Not sure if that'd be better than fire though.
(10-23-2016, 08:58 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »Whoops! Why did I think it was Nike that did that? XD

Anyways, seconding the Magnet+Notepad for inventory, but I want to say that *some* sort of weapon would be better than just weak pyrokinesis? Maybe something that only takes up 1 space? Do we have anything like that?

I think you're underestimating Slate's pyrokinesis. He's apparently skilled enough with it and it's powerful enough to cook with. That means it should at least be good enough to deal some damage.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(10-24-2016, 07:17 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »I think you're underestimating Slate's pyrokinesis. He's apparently skilled enough with it and it's powerful enough to cook with. That means it should at least be good enough to deal some damage.
I know that back in the thread, we got got told that Slate was less good at pyromancy than Flint. We also know that pyromancy, as well as any kind of mancy, gets its power from strength and its duration from endurance. Slate's got two fives so he should be about average, but I don't really have a framework for what is average pyromancy.
Three Fortunas and a mafia game all running simultaneously? What a time to be alive...

What about Spips, is she going with Latta by default? On that note...
> Check Ksimas Spips' character sheet.
(10-25-2016, 10:17 AM)Spish Wrote: »What about Spips, is she going with Latta by default? On that note...
> Check Ksimas Spips' character sheet.

Ooh, yeah, that's a good idea. Let's see those stats! ... Assuming that they've joined yet, that is.

(10-25-2016, 10:17 AM)Spish Wrote: »Three Fortunas and a mafia game all running simultaneously? What a time to be alive...

... ?
(10-25-2016, 12:04 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »
(10-25-2016, 10:17 AM)Spish Wrote: »Three Fortunas and a mafia game all running simultaneously? What a time to be alive...

... ?

There is a fortuna themed mafia game running in the mediawarks subforum, as well as two fortuna fanventures and fortuna itself.
(10-25-2016, 01:58 PM)Fellow Wrote: »There is a fortuna themed mafia game running in the mediawarks subforum, as well as two fortuna fanventures and fortuna itself.

Mafia game: O-okay...? I might be interested in checking that out.

Fanadventures: Oh~ Where can I find those? Are they good, and will they affect this adventure at any point? Have they already?

EDIT: Also, what's with the [???] that sends me to a Kitchen Nightmares excerpt on YouTube?
(10-25-2016, 10:38 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »Mafia game: O-okay...? I might be interested in checking that out.

Fanadventures: Oh~ Where can I find those? Are they good, and will they affect this adventure at any point? Have they already?

I don't know if you know this but this adventure is currently in a section of eagle time called Mediawarks!

Check out some of the topics on there and you'll find a bunch of Fortuna stuff that isn't this topic. The two other adventures are there as well as the mafia game. None of those things are likely to ever directly affect [Fortuna], but don't be surprised if a few of them have callbacks and callforwards! [You] in particular is based off the very canon system of self insertion in to Fortuna that was cut out of this adventure as it seemed it wouldn't add to the plot much.

(Note I'll be updating soonish/in a day or two, as well as bringing some really cool updates! One of those things starts with Open, ends with Apps, and has a mid ground of Species! What could it be?)
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
(10-25-2016, 10:46 PM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »I don't know if you know this but this adventure is currently in a section of eagle time called Mediawarks!

Wow, thanks! Subscribed to one of them now!

(10-25-2016, 10:46 PM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »(Note I'll be updating soonish/in a day or two, as well as bringing some really cool updates! One of those things starts with Open, ends with Apps, and has a mid ground of Species! What could it be?)

Dang, I was hoping that the middle word would be "Character". Ah well, one can have their pipe dreams.

EDIT: (4 days lateur...) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CV5UgInnzQ

EDIT x2:
(10-25-2016, 10:46 PM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »(Note I'll be updating soonish/in a day or two.)

... ... ...
(10-23-2016, 08:39 AM)Fellow Wrote: »Let's have Slate go to the party. He can Sanity swap with one of the guests and be right as rain.

[Image: t9s2QYd.gif]

[Athena, the note Helios was embarrassed about said we think you've got romantic feelings for Helios that he's not noticing. Let's just skip the 'secretive romancey no-communication bullshit' step and put that on the table where everyone can see it.]

[Image: chV1oYZ.gif]

That's all? You burned a paper because they made a mistaken comment? What is the big deal? It's only slightly embarrassing, but mostly for the co-player.

[Image: bou7seU.gif]

Slightly embarrassing.

Yes! You are repeating what I said. Co-player, I told you there is no shipping allowed here, with me. Feel free to ship anyone else. We already know that Helios and Eris are "soul mates". If one of them wasn't missing their soul!

[Image: gErYytf.gif]

Please don't call us soul mates.

Those are her words, not mine! Says it in big bold text over her wall.

Please tear down that wall.

I did once! Then she got legal papers and made me build her a wall. I can't deny a proper legal request so I built her a new wall. I had to draw smiles on some of the images while she watched, it was humiliating!

Why did she make you do that?

I don't know! It's Eris, patron! She makes no sense, apparently she only has pictures of you being bored, lukewarm, confused, slightly angry, sad, emotionless, with no face, or this expression that I have come to dub the "Helios face" where your mouth is ever so slightly tilted, and your eyebrows almost in a disappointed position but aren't quite there yet. If she wanted pictures of you smiling why doesn't she just take them?

[Image: p1p0yYC.gif]

[Sorry Athena sometimes weird stuff just flops out of our mouth. Sorry Helios also.]

That is fine, no one cares, just never get me confused with Eris ever again! Ever.

........Do I really draw this face a lot?

[Image: vjZ9nH8.gif]

(10-23-2016, 11:21 AM)nonexistentPumpkin Wrote: »"Wait, speaking of infants, what about that robot Cleo made?"

[Image: PJAA1dG.gif]

[Image: q6nXoVi.gif]

[Image: 6UhfqB8.gif]

[Image: 70lCBL1.gif]

[Image: AalsBvP.gif]

[Image: SbKaL0x.gif]

[Image: 4GkNSTo.gif]

[Image: n1keWUc.gif]
Fortuna rolls a 20 sided dice. An 8 is rolled.

[Image: BWRkvES.gif]

Quote:Athena: > Latta charisma check: "Wow, how interesting. Look at me, caring about your issues. Uh huh? Yes. I am listening to your issues truly and honestly." Make some rude comment about Cea, they'll love you for that.

[Image: APU3jCr.gif]

[Image: m8zcSPI.gif]

[Image: X1sMFBS.gif]

[Image: hzDWeI1.gif]

[Image: pXPA3bJ.gif]

[Image: iKlfOkS.gif]

(( Important notices below! Open it up to read about our new species applications, the upcoming return of the patreon, and new discord chat! ))

SpoilerShow
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]