[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)

[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/6 Not really 100% an update but it's here
> Let's go with the inventory plan,

if it fails we can say, we tried, and then go ahead with Athena's plan to initiate lockdown and then barricade Room 4 with fire. Citrine, Shetlock, and Cea are already in the hallway so they and Nikki can start the fire.
UGH I forgot about Marble's Charisma. We could have just had her CHA Check the clockworks into not attacking Blu

>First option, but yell to have the doors locked
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/5 Today is make your own title day
Option 1: The inventory plan.

Shooting the clockwork Kuppas full of blood contaminate seems like just as much of a decoy as the knives. If Hasty fails, we fall back to;

Option 4: The left for dead plan.

We could then say we had no choice *without* lying to anyone.

And if Blu has already been infected, then we still have my command;
(10-06-2016, 08:18 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »> Nikki: Use [Chip Magnet] to get Cobalt to let her guard down so you can extract some blood with some bio equipment that all Notails should have on their person because Notails. (Maybe ask how dominant her strain is; i.e. "Are you immune?")

EDIT: Also, hey, turns out I *can* put words into people's mouths (discovered this by editing something in my quote of myself to update the wording a bit);
(10-07-2016, 12:50 AM)LoverIan Wrote: »I'm a little teapot, short and stout~!
Sorry, Ian. I was just illustrating. I won't actually abuse this discovery.
"If I had more time I would have written a shorter letter." - Blaise Pascal
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/5 Today is make your own title day
>Option 1: The Inventory plan.

I bet the decoy from the knives is that violence is not a good solution here, shooting them would spread the blood just as much as stabbing them.

(10-07-2016, 12:55 AM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »Sorry, Ian. I was just illustrating. I won't actually TOTALLY WILL abuse this discovery.

DetectiveCaillou! How could you say such a thing‽
I'm casting my vote for the inventory plan. Nova probably couldn't get here fast enough anyway.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(10-07-2016, 01:29 AM)Wheat Wrote: »Blood doesn't actually splatter that much like a horror movie with a bullet.

Yeah, well normally, the monsters' heads aren't giant, fragile ceramic cups filled to the brim with blood-based contaminants.

Also; anyone for my "Nikki nabs Cobalt's blood" plan? Yay/Nay?
(10-07-2016, 02:07 AM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »
(10-07-2016, 01:29 AM)Wheat Wrote: »Blood doesn't actually splatter that much like a horror movie with a bullet.

Yeah, well normally, the monsters' heads aren't giant, fragile ceramic cups filled to the brim with blood-based contaminants.

Also; anyone for my "Nikki nabs Cobalt's blood" plan? Yay/Nay?

If [Chip Magnet] worked on Clockworks we wouldn't have any problems cause Nikki could just seduce the horde and bring them under control.
(10-07-2016, 02:19 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »If [Chip Magnet] worked on Clockworks we wouldn't have any problems cause Nikki could just seduce the horde and bring them under control.
I figured that "the target has functioning sentience" would also be a requirement for the ability. Failing that, we could simply have someone negotiate with Cobalt in the event that her blood *is* needed to save someone (Charisma don't fail me now). I guess that's technically a bridge we can choose not to cross unless we need to.

*caresses a mental image of a patchwork doll-like clockwork Cleo with metal spider legs coming out the back of her neck* Oh~ why does this sick bastard long for you so? ("That would be *so metal*!")

(Seriously, though. This strain of clockwork could easily be used as a cure-all solution to her predicament and many others, if you're willing to throw out the humanity of the patient. In making up for infecting her before, Nikki would probably go this route of "infecting her to cure her of the infection" for teh lulz.)
I vote for the hasty inventory plan, as it sounds better than sending him in with a gun. If possible, we should get someone to stand at both doors, open at the same time, then close as soon as hasty runs out with Blu. Then yelling to lock the doors and quarantine the kuppas!
*shrugs* I'll go with the above plan.
[Image: 3ZxTcTrm.jpg]
I agree with the inventory plan because why not.
[Image: BMy2LW4.png]
>Inventory plan
Also, stash Blue alone in a room after rescuing him so you can quarantine him if he got infected.
Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
>Inventory plan, though possibly also give Hasty a gun?? it might help if he can actually GET TO BLU past all the kupworks.
>I vote for the inventory plan.
I fear the inventory plan might get us a fortuna roll at best, but I don't want Blu to die either. I don't dare to vote.

If there's Kuppas coming through the broken vents in room 4, they might break through the other vents if we close room 4 off. We may want to build fires under the vents.
(10-07-2016, 09:33 PM)Fellow Wrote: »I fear the inventory plan might get us a fortuna roll at best, but I don't want Blu to die either. I don't dare to vote.

If there's Kuppas coming through the broken vents in room 4, they might break through the other vents if we close room 4 off. We may want to build fires under the vents.

Can we skill check for characters that aren't on our crew? If so then we wouldn't need a luck roll.
(10-07-2016, 09:39 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Can we skill check for characters that aren't on our crew? If so then we wouldn't need a luck roll.
What I'm worried about is that Hasty might not be able to clear this one with a stat check.
(10-07-2016, 09:41 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(10-07-2016, 09:39 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Can we skill check for characters that aren't on our crew? If so then we wouldn't need a luck roll.
What I'm worried about is that Hasty might not be able to clear this one with a stat check.

Well this worry can be applied to any action. All plans have a chance to fail, what we have to consider is if the consequences of failure outweigh both the odds and benefits of success. In this case, is both Hasty and Blu being infected worth risking to save Blu and do we think Hasty has high enough agility to pull this off (I'd say yes since he's a Hermes but I don't know)?
(10-08-2016, 01:23 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »In this case, is both Hasty and Blu being infected worth risking to save Blu and do we think Hasty has high enough agility to pull this off (I'd say yes since he's a Hermes but I don't know)?
I think "somewhat infected" is much preferable to "dead and assimilated". Nikki can work with "somewhat infected".
Closing votes, Inventory wins, I'll see when I can get the update up.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
Also, sorry if it seems like I'm playing devil's advocate to Nikki on the subject of the Achilles strain just to satisfy personal AU fantasies...

I might be basing my (attempted) actions off of fear, too: It *would* solve our Cleo problem really quickly and easily, and the less risk of that beautiful cinnamon bun dying anytime soon, the better in my opinion... Yeah, the AU fantasy fulfillment is just a bonus, now that I think about it. I would be genuinely distraught if we lost her! ;_;
(10-08-2016, 04:32 AM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »Also, sorry if it seems like I'm playing devil's advocate to Nikki on the subject of the Achilles strain just to satisfy personal AU fantasies...

(I might be basing my (attempted) actions off of fear, too: It *would* solve our Cleo problem really quickly and easily, and the less risk of that beautiful cinnamon bun dying anytime soon, the better in my opinion...)

You know you can edit post right? Just want to make sure.
(10-08-2016, 04:35 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »You know you can edit post right? Just want to make sure.

What do you mean? Is there something I need to fix?

EDIT: I realize what you meant. I was simply acknowledging that people might (perhaps rightfully) take my past recommendations and commands the wrong way. I do not, however, have any intention of changing or undoing those commands. I can admit to playing devil's advocate without revoking my pursuits.

> Nikki: Full steam ahead with Operation: Achilles Vaccine.

If you guys feel that strongly against this course of action, then feel free to counter my command, though I honestly think it's a crapshoot whether Gime would take one dude's crazy idea seriously.

And yes, I do know how to edit my posts.
[Image: o197gPI.gif]

[Hey Helios, what should we do in this situation?]

[Image: bou7seU.gif]

I wish to allow you to come up with your own solution, but I will promise you that if you mess up on this test I will assist you with the rest of this event. All I will give to you now is that the knifes were a decoy, a tool in distracting you from what you really should have focused on.

[Image: chV1oYZ.gif]

We should just tell them the correct answer now! The correct answer to this problem is to leave a few people out in the hallway, then lock the doors! The people outside can start a fire out of room 4's doors, then we open room 4's doors as soon as possible and anything that leaps out, also known as all the clockworks, will burn! I don't understand the attachment to this Blu.

If that was Nikki or a random non infected kuppa in that room, we would be closing it! We can throw a few sad words using Marble's charm to make it seem like we decided this was the last idea we could think about, and that we feel, really, really, bad about it. We have the stats! We can do it! As Nike would say, just do it!

[Image: tmhr8Ie.gif]

You're going to tell him to put Blu in his inventory? Are you mad co-player? Wait a moment.....

Athena let my student make mistakes. It's all part of the learning process.

[Image: 18kMt6E.gif]

It's just that it sounds like.....such a perfect plan!

You may need to explain this to me.

Well, if Hasty goes in that room without any items, there's a high likelihood he'll fail! Then both him and blu will become trapped. With the pillars of their crew destroyed we can have our pick of the litter of the remains in case any of our crew dies!

[Image: gErYytf.gif]

I don't think my student is attempting to kill them.

Oh..... (Well tell the co-player that their plan is actively getting in the way of what they want to do.)

(The player sees our text, as such whispering does not stop them from hearing us.)

(Ok good! Then you don't need to tell the co-player!)

[Image: 44ZBhZp.gif]

[Image: nGVuryi.gif]

[Image: Luo2yJ8.gif]

[Image: n1keWUc.gif]
Fortuna rolls a 11 sided dice. A 4 is rolled.

[Image: lFR6R5x.gif]

[Image: IoJ9hey.gif]

[Image: B028hvj.gif]

[Image: bwqgaOh.gif]

[Image: S63ifsy.gif]

[Image: NMngpLl.gif]

[Image: 6RXatWN.gif]

Fortuna rolls a 20 sided dice. A 19 is rolled.

[Image: L69xNAy.gif]

Fortuna rolls a 20 sided dice. A 9 is rolled.

[Image: PUBgRWd.gif]

[Image: tNsmfmH.gif]

[Image: tNLspdd.gif]

Seems we got quite lucky there student.

Too lucky!

I know you wish to keep both your crew and everyone else safe. While the easier route does involve sacrifice, I will help you try to prefect this section. Please do not feel demotivated if you do make mistakes, they are bound to happen as taking this ship was the most dangerous out of all options.

You were quite bound to take it co-player, and that earns you more then a few points with me. Most people would throw out any option that has the word "clockwork" in it, but you weren't stopped at all.

I do ask that you attempt to not take such chances with almost all of our crew and on a mission we cannot afford to fail though.....

[Image: R3wj7qZ.gif]

The first thing we need to do is make sure all the sprinklers are off. After that you'll want to set up a few fires in some vantage points. Do understand that you must try to set as few fires as possible, each fire will trigger a luck roll and we want to stay away from those for as long as possible.

Now, remember student, luck rolls are out of your control, but you can tame them with just a bit of thought. When would be the best time to start the fires?

Just before we open the doors again! That way even with the worst roll, the overly intense fire will in fact work in our favor!

I was asking the student.

Sorry, I was unable to tell and blurted out the answer as soon as I heard the question.

That's alright.

[Image: FiUuhZL.gif]

Of course, I'm sure you have already noticed, but we do have another issue we must deal with. I know this is going to be tough for you student, but I believe you already know what the issue is.

[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
nnnoooOOOO WE GOT HASTY INFECTED-
HELIOS PLEASE DONT MAKE ME DO THIS
HELIOS
TEACHER
PLEASE