Post making contest 3.0

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post making contest 3.0
RE: Post making contest
This is update #88.

I might later in the evening? I'm chilling out for a bit. One think I am definitely thinking of doing this evening is poking the C101 puzzles again, though, so be warned.

Meanwhile, I am going to be listening to Matthew Herbert's latest release, because it is apparently on Spotify even though I didn't think it was out until July 1st? This is a pleasant surprise. Unlike the music, potentially.

End of message.
This is update #89.

I have been listening to Matthew Herbert snoring for twelve minutes now. The people on the balcony are really going to love this, I can tell.

End of message.
i'm pretty sure you are beyond the point where you can surprise the people on the balcony now
This is update #90.

...I think the snoring just changed rhythm ever so slightly? At, um, the 26 minute mark? There was also a phone notification sound a little earlier. That was very Herbert.

I do not know what the people on the balcony think. To be honest, when they're still smoking and chatting loudly and scraping their chairs at 2am, I'm not sure they are thinking. I suppose that does not preclude them from thinking at other times, such as 7pm, when there have been unnaturally loud snoring sounds coming from the room below them for the better part of half an hour.

End of message.
This is update #91.

I THINK HERBERT'S WOKEN UP

End of message.
well i mean they already know you keep odd hours i don't think this will faze them tbh
This is update #92.

I was about to pause this and make dinner but now it's all quiet and there's pained breathing noises and this is not something I can just stop right now.

End of message.
i'm really enjoying sruix liveblogs ambient noise
This is update #93.

Quote:Matthew Herbert has announced a new project called A Nude (The Perfect Body). It's out July 1 on Accidental Records, and it's comprised of recordings of a nude body as it makes...all kinds of sounds ("eats, sleeps, washes, wees, trims, wanks, moves, poos and so on," the press release notes). For the project, Herbert recorded the sounds of a naked body in a room for 24 hours then condensed them to create "a musical nude in its purest form." The compositions range from several minutes to an hour long; it's split into eight parts. Find the tracklist of movements (no pun intended) below.

01 is sleeping
02 is awake
03 is grooming
04 is hurting
05 is eating
06 is moving
07 is coming
08 is shitting

Those last two are gonna be fun.

End of message.
This is update #94.

I am having some trouble making Qxw do the things I want it to do and Herbert's stuttering gasps are a fitting but unhelpful soundtrack. Twelve minutes remain (of this track).

End of message.
i'm really enjoying sruix liveblogs naked ambient noise
This is update #95.

It's worth noting that I am currently shirtless. It would not take much for this to be a naked liveblog of naked ambient noise.

End of message.
i mean that seems like a pretty logical progression of events...
incidentally sruix guess how many posts i have in this thread
This is update #96.

But I also need to make dinner soon, which means leaving this room. To do so whilst naked would probably not go down well.

Also, Herbert's gone very quiet. I'm worried.

End of message.
This is update #97.

WHAT WAS THAT??!

THERE WAS A NOISE WHAT WAS THAT NOISE WHY IS SOMETHING STROBING NOW WHAT IS STROBING HERBERT YOU BETTER NOT BE MAKING THAT NOISE WITH YOUR BODY THAT IS NOT A HEALTHY NOISE

End of message?
(06-09-2016, 06:24 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »incidentally sruix guess how many posts i have in this thread

Is the answer, "too many"?
This is update #98.

...is it 736?

End of message.
This is update #100.

Ix I am declaring you illegal. You are banned. From being. Because you are the worst. At being. But you're the best. At being the worst. That is what you are best at. Being the worst. It is the worst. It is illegal. Because I say it is illegal, and this is a milestone post, so that carries weight. Thus you are illegal. You are banned from being the best at being the worst, which means you can no longer be the worst. That, I feel, is a positive outcome.

Also I now need to put a shirt on so I can go to the kitchenette and not feel awkward.

End of message.
(06-09-2016, 06:24 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »incidentally sruix guess how many posts i have in this thread
At least two.
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
This is update #101.

Given that number, it feels appropriate to point out that I am trying to rework the m_ii_delta puzzle so that it actually solves cleanly, and consequently gamma & alpha as well I guess.

I'll keep you all posted, on both this and the music.

End of message.
[Image: collectivelyhalfofthepostmake_zps1bkoxr70.png]

a memento

also sruix if i'm not allowed to be the worst any more what the heck am i gonna do with my time?
This is update #102.

The second track was actually rather listenable? The third has started off bizarrely, though, so ho hum. Part of the fun is trying to figure out what's making the noises; there's some teeth brushing, some nail-clippers and some showering going on right now, I believe. Not terribly sure what the buzzing is, though.

Also Ix you will simply have to spend your time being the best. Sorry.

End of message.
This is update #103.

I'm trying to preserve some of my original letter choices out of nostalgia but it's just not working out. This may mean that I can't even keep the one deduction chain that was actually reasonably well-executed. How infuriating.

End of message.
This is update #104.

That is definitely not Herbert making those pained noises.

This is incredibly disquieting.

End of message.