Post making contest 3.0

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post making contest 3.0
RE: Post making contest
(05-31-2016, 08:04 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »Theorem: There does not exist a post that passes rule 2, or rule 2 is completely unfair.

Proof: Suppose the opposite, that is, there exists a post which passes a fair rule 2. If rule 2 were a fair rule, then there would be more than a 5% chance of passing it (which I think is about average for the worst rules). There have been about 300 posts since the start of the round. If we assume that about a third of them have been made by Crowstone (because a post usually judges around two other posts), then there are 200 valid posts. Using the binomial distribution, then the odds that all of these would fail is .000035. This is much less than .05, so it should not happen if the rules were fair. Therefore, either rule 2 is unfair or it is impossible to pass.

this passes rule 3 and 5.
This is update #79.

I said a few words.

End of message.
(05-31-2016, 08:08 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is update #79.

I said a few words.

End of message.

it passes rule 3 and only rule 3

;3
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
This is update #80.

In a similar vein, I attempted to record myself singing along to what I happened to be listening to at the time, but as you might expect if you're not me and gave it more than three seconds thought (which, for an impulse, was quite a lot), the sheer lack of quality of the recording made by my laptop mic of my external speaker setup rather overwhelmed my voice. Also, shit choice of song (again, impulse) - would need something with more words and fewer gaps between them...

End of message.
This is update #81.

NOBODY IS EVER GOING TO HEAR ME TRYING TO IMPERSONATE ROISIN MURPHY I AM DELETING THE RECORDING RIGHT NOW

End of message.
(05-31-2016, 08:30 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »-stop posting the alphabet-

this passes rule 3 and 4

(05-31-2016, 08:32 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is update #80.

In a similar vein, I attempted to record myself singing along to what I happened to be listening to at the time, but as you might expect if you're not me and gave it more than three seconds thought (which, for an impulse, was quite a lot), the sheer lack of quality of the recording made by my laptop mic of my external speaker setup rather overwhelmed my voice. Also, shit choice of song (again, impulse) - would need something with more words and fewer gaps between them...

End of message.

this passes rule 3, 4 and 5

(05-31-2016, 08:38 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is update #81.

NOBODY IS EVER GOING TO HEAR ME TRYING TO IMPERSONATE ROISIN MURPHY I AM DELETING THE RECORDING RIGHT NOW

End of message.

this passes rule 3, 4 and 5.
At least, a hint for rule 2, please?
if you don't give any hints for rule 2 or impolitely reply i will bring out the artillery i used against sruix
(05-31-2016, 08:40 PM)Kaynato Wrote: »At least, a hint for rule 2, please?

alright by popular demand and like ten pages of mass wild guessing here's some hints
which are just generally good advice in general tbh

try to pass rule 1 in every post.

try to figure out why some posts fail rule 5

this is a good starting point, as the first post to fail it
https://eagle-time.org/showthread.php?ti...136131most
(05-31-2016, 08:40 PM)Kaynato Wrote: »At least, a hint for rule 2, please?

oh and this passes rule 4 and 5

(05-31-2016, 08:40 PM)Kaynato Wrote: »if you don't give any hints for rule 2 or impolitely reply i will bring out the artillery i used against sruix

and this passes rule 4 and 5
That wasn't the alphabet, that was the letter A over and over again.
RE: Post: #5049
(05-31-2016, 08:52 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »That wasn't the alphabet, that was the letter A over and over again.

this passes rule 1, 3 and 4
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZABCDEFG
RULES STATUS, according to me:
  1. We've had posts which pass and which fail this rule, and we have a pretty good idea why.
  2. SCREW RULE 2 EVERYTHING HAS FAILED THIS
  3. Posts have passed and failed this rule, but figuring it out is not top priority.
  4. Posts have passed and failed this rule, but figuring it out is not top priority.
  5. Posts have passed and failed this rule, but figuring it out is not top priority.
(05-31-2016, 09:01 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »RULES STATUS, according to me:
  1. We've had posts which pass and which fail this rule, and we have a pretty good idea why.
  2. SCREW RULE 2 EVERYTHING HAS FAILED THIS
  3. Posts have passed and failed this rule, but figuring it out is not top priority.
  4. Posts have passed and failed this rule, but figuring it out is not top priority.
  5. Posts have passed and failed this rule, but figuring it out is not top priority.

what so, would you like me to reorder the rules, would that make it better???

this passes rule 1 and 3
. n .
. u .
RE: . n .
(05-31-2016, 09:04 PM)Akumu Wrote: ». u .

this passes rule 1 and 4
o no
WAIT DOES THAT MEAN WHAT I THINK IT MEANS?
RE: o no
(05-31-2016, 09:06 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »WAIT DOES THAT MEAN WHAT I THINK IT MEANS?

this post passes rule 1 and 4

and uh, it means that i don't see why your rules status is like that.
why is 1's status different from 3, 4 and 5 if both of them have posts which pass and fail them

the only reasoning i can imagine why you think rule 3 4 and 5 are not top priority is because they are later than rule 2 on the list
What rules status are you talking about?
What rules status are you talking about?
Oh, that rules status. Sorry!
(05-31-2016, 09:12 PM)Akumu Wrote: »What rules status are you talking about?

passes rule4

(05-31-2016, 09:12 PM)Akumu Wrote: »Oh, that rules status. Sorry!

and passes rule 4
abcdefghijklm
nopqrstuvwxyz
Dark Crowstone, show me rule 2 complient posts
1 and 2 were initially in the same boat, because there was a time in which neither of them had any posts which passed them. Then someone made a post which passed rule 1. It was easy to see what was different for that one post compared to everything else in the round, which is why rule 1 was figured out. Because every post has still failed rule 2, this ease could still exist, which is why trying to get any post to pass rule 2 is so important. The other rules could be solved with current information, which is why trying to get new information is important and why that screwy rule 2 is so important.

Also, I thought it meant that the rules themselves were rotating (i.e. for post n, to pass rule 1 it had to follow A, for post n+1 it had to follow B, and so on).
RE: Dark Crowstone, show me rule 2 complient posts
(05-31-2016, 09:17 PM)Akumu Wrote: »nopqrstuvwxyz

this passes rule 1 and 4

(05-31-2016, 09:18 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »1 and 2 were initially in the same boat, because there was a time in which neither of them had any posts which passed them. Then someone made a post which passed rule 1. It was easy to see what was different for that one post compared to everything else in the round, which is why rule 1 was figured out. Because every post has still failed rule 2, this ease could still exist, which is why trying to get any post to pass rule 2 is so important. The other rules could be solved with current information, which is why trying to get new information is important and why that screwy rule 2 is so important.

Also, I thought it meant that the rules themselves were rotating (i.e. for post n, to pass rule 1 it had to follow A, for post n+1 it had to follow B, and so on).

this passes rule 1 and 3.

ah
that makes sense!
well in that case, i guess rule #2 is unfair.
you won't get it by randomly guessing.
but by learning more about rule 5 you can figure out more about rule 2.

edit: more things to say
rule 2 is unfair that its unlikely you'll pass it by randomly guessing, but it's fair in that i feel like you have enough information to figure it out.
rule 5 is a much more complicated and dastardly rule, the fact that so many posts have passed it is just one of the quirks that make it so gross.