Post making contest 3.0
♥♥♥♥♥
rule 2? more like drool 2!
Fly me to the moon,
Let me play among the stars.
Let me see what spring is like,
On Jupiter and Mars.
RE: 月
(05-31-2016, 07:07 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »rule 2? more like drool 2!

this passes rule 3 and 4
edit:
THIS PASSES RULE 1, 3 4 AND 5

(05-31-2016, 07:08 PM)Kaynato Wrote: »Fly me to the moon,
Let me play among the stars.
On Jupiter and Mars.

this passes rule 1 3 and 4
Fly me to the moon,
Let me play among the stars?
On Jupiter and Mars!
(05-31-2016, 07:11 PM)Kaynato Wrote: »Fly me to the moon,
On Jupiter and Mars!

this passes rules 3 4 and 5
Fly me to the moon,
On Jupiter and Mars!
(05-31-2016, 07:15 PM)Kaynato Wrote: »Fly me to the moon,
On Jupiter and Mars!

this passes rule 1, 3 and 4
♥♥♥♥♥
rule up dog
RE: Post making contest
This is update #77.

Explain briefly what is meant by a shock solution for u(x,t): "you fix a fucked-up solution by designating a specific no-fucks-given curve where discontinuous shit is permitted"

That is probably not what the examiners would like to read, but it is very much what I wanted to write. Fortunately, this is me practising on a specimen paper, so I am allowed to swear in my answers as much as I please.

Which, as it turns out, is a lot.

End of message.
(05-29-2016, 03:33 AM)Crowstone Wrote: »start pissing or i'll violently tell you which of the five rules you're breaking
(05-31-2016, 07:17 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »rule up dog

passes rule 1 and 4

(05-31-2016, 07:17 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is update #77.

Explain briefly what is meant by a shock solution for u(x,t): "you fix a fucked-up solution by designating a specific no-fucks-given curve where discontinuous shit is permitted"

That is probably not what the examiners would like to read, but it is very much what I wanted to write. Fortunately, this is me practising on a specimen paper, so I am allowed to swear in my answers as much as I please.

Which, as it turns out, is a lot.

End of message.

this passes rule 3 and 4.

(05-31-2016, 07:18 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(05-29-2016, 03:33 AM)Crowstone Wrote: »start pissing or i'll violently tell you which of the five rules you're breaking

this passes rule 3 and 5
A post passes rule 2 if and only if it doesn't pass rule 2.
(05-31-2016, 07:21 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »A post passes rule 2 if and only if it doesn't pass rule 2.

this passes rule 3, 4 and 5
rule 2? more like drool 2!

this post passes rule 1!
(05-31-2016, 07:24 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »rule 2? more like drool 2!

this post passes rule 1!

this passes rule 3 4 and 5
Furtive Furry Fury
[Image: avatar_567.gif?dateline=1460775050]
[Image: buddy_online.gif]
(05-31-2016, 07:35 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »
Furtive Furry Fury
[Image: avatar_567.gif?dateline=1460775050]
[Image: buddy_online.gif]

this passes rule 3 and 5
post making contest
(05-31-2016, 07:39 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »post making contest

this passes rule 4 and 5
This is update #78.

Here is an incomplete list of things that your correspondent here knows off by heart:
  • An impractical number of digits of pi.
  • The names and symbols of all the elements on the periodic table (convenient for last round).
  • The xyz coordinates of all 74 portal-accessible locations in the Submachine series of point-and-click puzzle games and the 26 three-character designations of the karma portal drop zones. (it was easier than constantly having to check my notes, apparently)
  • The lyrics to far too many albums in their entirety, frequently without me having realised I'd internalised them, including ones I haven't heard in years (turns out that CD of Beck albums my dad made for long car journeys when I was about ten still haunts me to this day, because I immediately knew how to solve this puzzle from recognising one line).
  • The names of every ship in the Culture series.
  • The lyrics to songs that don't even have lyrics (I do a mean Frontier Psychiatrist).
  • The first half of the second pair of Schubert's Two Waltzes that I learnt for that one piano grade exam years ago but refuses to leave my muscle memory for no good reason, despite the latter half having gone long ago.
  • More of Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats than I should.
  • More trigonometric identities than are really necessary (gee, thanks Mr. Wiltshire).
And, the most recent addition:
  • A proof that Charpit's method works.
End of message.
five is a number
and so are we
(05-31-2016, 07:48 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is update #78.

Here is an incomplete list of things that your correspondent here knows off by heart:
  • An impractical number of digits of pi.
  • The names and symbols of all the elements on the periodic table (convenient for last round).
  • The xyz coordinates of all 74 portal-accessible locations in the Submachine series of point-and-click puzzle games and the 26 three-character designations of the karma portal drop zones. (it was easier than constantly having to check my notes, apparently)
  • The lyrics to far too many albums in their entirety, frequently without me having realised I'd internalised them, including ones I haven't heard in years (turns out that CD of Beck albums my dad made for long car journeys when I was about ten still haunts me to this day, because I immediately knew how to solve this puzzle from recognising one line).
  • The names of every ship in the Culture series.
  • The lyrics to songs that don't even have lyrics (I do a mean Frontier Psychiatrist).
  • The first half of the second pair of Schubert's Two Waltzes that I learnt for that one piano grade exam years ago but refuses to leave my muscle memory for no good reason, despite the latter half having gone long ago.
  • More of Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats than I should.
  • More trigonometric identities than are really necessary (gee, thanks Mr. Wiltshire).
And, the most recent addition:
  • A proof that Charpit's method works.
End of message.

this passes rule 3 and 5

(05-31-2016, 07:50 PM)Kaynato Wrote: »five is a number
and so are we

this passes rule 4 and 5
(05-31-2016, 07:55 PM)Wheat Wrote: »"meow," says the cat

passes rule 4
(05-31-2016, 07:57 PM)Wheat Wrote: »rainbow

passess rule 3 and 5

(05-31-2016, 07:58 PM)Wheat Wrote: »[Image: mIrTjcp.png]

passes rule 3 and 5
Theorem: There does not exist a post that passes rule 2, or rule 2 is completely unfair.

Proof: Suppose the opposite, that is, there exists a post which passes a fair rule 2. If rule 2 were a fair rule, then there would be more than a 5% chance of passing it (which I think is about average for the worst rules). There have been about 300 posts since the start of the round. If we assume that about a third of them have been made by Crowstone (because a post usually judges around two other posts), then there are 200 valid posts. Using the binomial distribution, then the odds that all of these would fail is .000035. This is much less than .05, so it should not happen if the rules were fair. Therefore, either rule 2 is unfair or it is impossible to pass.