Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)

Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)
RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)
(07-29-2018, 07:57 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »question for pan: is there like an alice piss-off meter that fills up whenever a bad command gets through?

It's more of a 'X-strikes and you're out' gauge, but it's not really related to number as much as content, and the gauge varies from character.

ex: If you told canon!Ls Derrick to dress like a gothic lolita, he'd prolly be like "...what?" and be weirded out. If you told canon!Alice to to get over herself and let derrick date whoever he wants, she¡'d be considerably annoyed.

Also, different characters have different thresholds. Alice is the smartest/most willful AI, so commanding her is the hardest,
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
(07-29-2018, 07:49 AM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »>Alice: You'll probably feel better once you get to school and meet up with your friends.

You have lost control of Alice and can't command her rn : P
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
Awww darn! xD
How reliable are commands directed to characters we currently aren't "being." Does being a character increase their ability to receive commands or is it still the same no matter who we are?
(07-29-2018, 06:50 PM)amobiaman Wrote: »How reliable are commands directed to characters we currently aren't "being." Does being a character increase their ability to receive commands or is it still the same no matter who we are?

Good question! More or less the same, depends on the character's AI/Inclination to comply- except you likely won't get an explanation on why the command was ignored, if that happens.

(07-29-2018, 11:20 PM)Panur Wrote: »
(07-29-2018, 06:50 PM)amobiaman Wrote: »How reliable are commands directed to characters we currently aren't "being." Does being a character increase their ability to receive commands or is it still the same no matter who we are?

Good question! More or less the same, depends on the character's AI/Inclination to comply- except you likely won't get an explanation on why the command was ignored, if that happens.

not sure i understand this, does by characters that we aren't being mean characters that are offscreen or currently not in the party?
(07-31-2018, 10:00 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »
(07-29-2018, 11:20 PM)Panur Wrote: »

not sure i understand this, does by characters that we aren't being mean characters that are offscreen or currently not in the party?

It'd have to be commandable characters that are either visible or at least reasonably expected to be/act a certain way. And again, it depends on the character, but keep in mind character you're not 'being' can still refuse or not follow a command, only you won't know why.

can we choose to be other characters at any given time? if we can't, can we at least swap between the characters on screen?
(07-31-2018, 11:18 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »can we choose to be other characters at any given time? if we can't, can we at least swap between the characters on screen?

You can change between character at any time, but unless offered otherwise by narrative, it can only be between characters that have been introduced as playable.
No adult characters can be commanded.

DO KEEP IN MIND:
All characters have higher AI's, and will likely be up to doing things while you're not being them.

for how long do characters remain out of our control when we fuck up?
(08-01-2018, 04:44 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »for how long do characters remain out of our control when we fuck up?

depends on the character and how pissed off they were

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Q&A number 1!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

• I would ask how fancy souls are gonna work in this system, but we'll see that anyway when we find one.
o Spoiler, yeah

• Can we make "traps" in the waking world that have a more pronounced effect in the dream world? Something like how the forts work, where they're just a facsimile while awake but are actually effective in the dream world? (Like, if she drew an image of a trap, would it be a trap? If she dug a hole in the backyard would it become a moat in dreams?)
o If you dug a hole in the backyard, it'd still be a hole. And if you drew something, it'd still be a drawing

• just to clarify, to what extent can we use Alice's illusion powers? (Are they purely visual to other people at the moment? Are they seen at all? Can they have any effect on other things, or can they have an effect on Alice herself?)
o Alice is a baby dreamer, albeit a powerful one. She already consciously knew how to make inanimate objects, but she couldn't interact with them. Now she does, but they can only benefit her,
o She can't use them to interact with real things (ex: if Alice made a tube of lipstick, she could, with some effort and concentration, use it, but if she kissed someone, it'd leave no stain. If she tried to wipe it off with a towel, it'd go out, but it wouldn't mark the towel)

• Is there like an Alice piss-off meter that fills up whenever a bad command gets through?
o It's more of a 'X-strikes and you're out' gauge, but it's not really related to number as much as content, and the gauge varies from character. (ex: If you told canon!Ls Derrick to dress like a gothic lolita, he'd prolly be like "...what?" and be weirded out. If you told canon!Alice to get over herself and let derrick date whoever he wants, she'd be considerably annoyed.)
o Also, different characters have different thresholds. Alice is the smartest/most wilful AI, so commanding her is the hardest,

• can we choose to be other characters at any given time? if we can't, can we at least swap between the characters on screen?
o You can change between character at any time, but unless offered otherwise by narrative, it can only be between characters that have been introduced as playable.No adult characters can be commanded.
o DO KEEP IN MIND:
 All characters have higher AI's, and will likely be up to doing things while you're not being them.

• How reliable are commands directed to characters we currently aren't "being." Does being a character increase their ability to receive commands or is it still the same no matter who we are?
o Good question! More or less the same, depends on the character's AI/Inclination to comply- except you likely won't get an explanation on why the command was ignored, if that happens.

• not sure I understand this, does by characters that we aren't being mean characters that are offscreen or currently not in the party?
o It'd have to be commandable characters that are either visible or at least reasonably expected to be/act a certain way. And again, it depends on the character, but keep in mind character you're not 'being' can still refuse or not follow a command, only you won't know why.

• For how long do characters remain out of our control when we fuck up?
o Depends on the character and how pissed off they were

==>

[Image: 167_by_terra414-dcj5dl3.png]

You don the first change of clothes you find, speed through your morning ablutions and hurry to school with a last goodbye to your Guardian.

==>

[Image: 168_by_terra414-dcj5dmz.png]

And off you go!

==>

[Image: 169fix_by_terra414-dcj84yd.png]

You arrive on school grounds. Luckily you live fairly close.

==>

[Image: 170fix_by_terra414-dcj851b.png]

You head down to the lockers, grab some utensils and put your bag away, when a student waves at you from down the hall.

==>

[Image: 171fix_by_terra414-dcj85ad.png]

Show ChatlogShow

==>

[Image: 172fix_by_terra414-dcj85v1.png]

Show ChatlogShow

==>

[Image: 173fix_by_terra414-dcj855o.gif]

Show ChatlogShow

==>

[Image: 174_fix_by_terra414-dcj86my.png]

Show ChatlogShow

==>

[Image: 175fix_by_terra414-dcj870g.png]

Well, that could have gone better. Cranky or not, you need to be careful not to burn bridges you may need to cross again. Emily's proven to be a lot more resilient to homework-mooching than other classmates.

On the other hand, you can probably turn the situation around later. Being a little cold with her may work out in your favour in the long run.

If only you could shake off the feeling you forgot something important...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

==>

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

==>

[Image: 176_by_terra414-dcjinou.png]

First period is literature. You're really fond of good books, but are extremely picky about them. As result this is a class you mostly wing by.

You barely listen to the lecture, until you hear the teacher announces you'll be working in pairs for an exercise on short fiction. You'll be working on a story by writing paragraphs in turns without discussing the plot, and see where it takes you.

It seems the girl sitting to your left will be your partner. She scoots over to your seat.

==>

[Image: 177_by_terra414-dcjinqz.png]

Show ChatlogShow

That's actually a story your brother wrote for you. Horror's hardly your forte, but you'll be sure to pass the compliments along.

That *does* remind you-

==>

[Image: 178_by_terra414-dcjinsu.png]

Show ChatlogShow

==>

[Image: 179fix_by_terra414-dcjk7ts.gif]

You get down to the task at hand. Your attempts are half hearted at best, but it seems Lexii has you covered. This girl can write up a storm, and the *intensity* of her parts makes you feel a little out of your league. In no time there's more than a page worth of story filling your paper.

You notice something strange on your next turn.

Show ChatlogShow

==>

[Image: e_by_terra414-dcjnk2y.gif]

Show ChatlogShow

Lexii dashes out of class. Talk about overreactions. It's obvious she knows what Slash is. Maybe she's read some this writer's more hardcore stuff? You know they have a couple more explicit pieces published...

You give your paper to the teacher, half-finished as it is. Apparently, you'll be given more time tomorrow to finish it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

==>

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

>Alice: Wonder if that Lexii ever wrote any slash. Might be worth it to find out. She definitely has a talent for writing after all.

Come on Alice.... connect those dots.
Well this is new...
(08-08-2018, 11:32 PM)RemoteCalamity Wrote: »>Alice: Wonder if that Lexii ever wrote any slash. Might be worth it to find out. She definitely has a talent for writing after all.

Come on Alice.... connect those dots.

sorry Rc, alice is still not commandable, you'll be able to after next turn tho!

==>

[Image: 182_by_terra414-dcjmdj8.png]

You transition from Literature to Math, making sure to remove your hairpin first. Emily gives you a worried glance, but you ignore her. If she doesn’t want to help you, someone else will. Like Mr. Green Vest, sitting next to you.

As usual he looks distressed, but you know his grades are better than (your) average. Which means he's going to unknowingly help you through this test one more time.

Show ChatlogShow

==>

[Image: alicereallycheatsnodignity_by_terra414-dcjmdei.gif]

The teacher soon hands you your test. Some of it looks familiar, and you work on what you think you can figure out on your own quickly, so you can concentrate on copying the rest from your classmate.

You don't grow your bangs as long as you do just to play sad little orphan. You have cheating at exams down to a fine art, and math's particularly easy. Luckily for you, Green vest's numbers are more legible than most. You think that Mr. Kent should take some pointers!

==>

[Image: 183_by_terra414-dcjsogg.png]

Show ChatlogShow

You glance over to the boy in the green sweater vest. He has his head down on his desk, scratching his head...

You’d be concerned about your own results if he didn't act like this in every exam, and you've had to take more make up exams than he ever did. No point in worrying either way. You'll get your results tomorrow.

==>

[Image: 184_by_terra414-dcjsoil.gif]

It's lunchtime now. You put your hairclip back in place and hurry to your locker to get your phone...Only to realize you left it at home.

You are considering ditching classes to get it, but you try to keep cutting school to a minimum, since Gramps was pretty mad last time he caught you at it. You could also just wait till computer studies to pester him...

It's while you're trying to decide which sounds better that you notice Lexii talking hushedly with green vest boy and another tall boy who seems vaguely familiar. You're pretty sure she's pointing at you.

==>

[Image: 185_by_terra414-dcjsolq.gif]

When she notices you watching her, she yelps and hides behind the taller boy. The boy with the green vest shakes his head and approaches you.

Show ChatlogShow

You admit Lexii seemed fun while you were working together, but the bizarre way she acted afterwards makes you feel hesitant, maybe they’re planning a prank? It’d also be difficult to keep pretending you’re a sad little loner if people see you hanging with a group like this.

Should you accept the invite?

1. Yes, meet some new people.
2. No, go eat alone.
3. Go home.

1. Yes, meet some new people.

If they *are* planning a prank, it'd be good to find out what they're planning before hand, instead of staying in the dark.

Besides, wouldn't cheating exams be easier if you got to meet new people? Emily won't help, but hey maybe Lexii or green vest boy can.
(08-11-2018, 09:51 AM)MarbleMoth Wrote: »1. Yes, meet some new people.

If they *are* planning a prank, it'd be good to find out what they're planning before hand, instead of staying in the dark.

Besides, wouldn't cheating exams be easier if you got to meet new people? Emily won't help, but hey maybe Lexii or green vest boy can.

seconds
Thirding MM
Also, hello there! New reader? :D
Hi nN! Nope I'm not new, I've actually been lurking here and reading stories for a long time. Way back when the MSPA Forums were still around actually!

I've tried posting here before, but I chickened out at the time... It's OK though, I think I'll stick around now.
> Yes, meet some new people.

[Image: 186_by_terra414-dcjyzus.png]

Show ChatlogShow

==>

[Image: 187_by_terra414-dcjyzxh.png]

Show ChatlogShow

==>

[Image: 189_by_terra414-dcjz00b.png]

You spend your lunch period talking with your new found acquaintances. You learn that you share computer studies with Garreth. No wonder he seemed familiar.

You can probably say lunch was more entretaining than usual, however, you wonder why exactly you were included. It's obvious these three are like peas in a pod, there's no need for them to add you to the group. And Lexii seems just as jumpy and tongue-tied as you started, despite Lucas' best attempts to keep conversation going.

You wonder if you should confront them about this.

1) Yes, confront them.
2) > enter command

>Alice: Lexii clearly became flustered when you started poking her about her BL writing, perhaps that's a secret hobby of hers, this would explain her nervousness around you, when she was talking to the others behind your back, she mightve actually been asking them to invite you to lunch, since she was too flustered to do it herself, as for why you, it wouldnt be unreasonable to get to know more the person you're working together with.

this command should lead alice to realize the kids have no ill intentions against her, and all this info are things she should be able to pick up and deduce herself, she's a smart girl
> You appreciate the gesture, but why you?
> You appreciate the gesture, but why you?

[Image: 190_by_terra414-dckhf3w.gif]

Show ChatlogShow

==>

[Image: 191_by_terra414-dckhf5e.gif]

Show ChatlogShow

==>

[Image: 192_by_terra414-dckhf6q.png]

Show ChatlogShow

==>

[Image: 193fix_by_terra414-dckhg0e.png]

Show ChatlogShow

1) You'd *love* to join (keep stringing them along)
2) This is stupid (call their bluff)