Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]
RE: [19/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [DAY ONE: Word On The Street]
Yep that's pretty bad Vote Druple
Right now I don't think Mirdini is looking any scummier for voting for those lurkers, and Druple is looking pretty questionable.
However, I will neglect to vote for Druple until he gives his counterargument.
Unvote for now.
Huh, yeah, I actually forgot that I did that. At first it was just a joke response to Garuru asking if anyone had any idea what to do, and then it became more of a policylynch against the nolynchers. I don't believe that people are scum just because they come up with dumb ideas (that would make everything alot easier), but I didn't have any actual scumreads to vote for. I didn't really think it through very much until I reread Oz and found myself agreeing with him. Although now there's that thing where Garuru says I'm suspicious without following it up. Wanna explain what's up with that?

As for other people, *rereads thread* Granolaman seems to pop in from time to time making several comments without actually contributing anything. Do you have any opinions on what's currently going on?
Hey Druple quick question before I pick things apart.

(06-17-2014, 01:11 PM)Druplesnubb Wrote: »It's especially bad if everyone agrees on a town lynch because then everyone is practically a "player of low participation".

What exactly did you mean here because it feels pretty major and possibly contradictory but I can't quite get my head around it.
That's is a typo. I meant to write "if everyone agrees on a no lynch". If everyone agrees to not lynch anyone it basically kills all scumhunting and practically turns everyone into a lurker.
Okay! Just wanted your counterargument. I didn't feel like slamming down a vote on you without hearing you out was fair. But uh like two other people did that and I'm the suspicious one so apparently that was the wrong thing to do??? You guys are confusing.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Garuru, it's the idea that you want to throw some pressure on someone without actually fully committing to it - I'm also somewhat sure you know that already. I could understand it if putting a vote on would bring the person uncomfortably close to hammer, but Druple had exactly 1 vote on him and it's day one.
Saying that you want to wait for a counterargument is okay because it specifically means that if you vote afterwards it you found the counterargument unconvincing, and that you found it convincing if you don't; and thus showing a clear stance on the issue. Not voting for someone you find suspicious without giving a reason is worse because people can use it to appear pro town without actually having to commit to a (mis)lynch.
Vic is looking really off here, because this is like the second time he has sheeped onto another vote. (The first one was my no lynch vote.)

Also, spoiler alert, I don't actually like no lynching. I just wanted to stir up some discussion. Looks like it worked! vote: Mister Visceral.

For the record I'm not too pleased with Drubs still, but for now it feels like he maybe could have made a honest mistake. Keeping my eye on him.
Oh also I would be super happy changing my vote to Garuru around now if it wasn't for one thing:

I am pretty sure Druple isn't being properly honest with the 'oh I forgot I was voting a guy' post.

I mean there's some less obvious stuff like how the votals were pretty much at the top of the page with nice big noticible blue font, but then there's also the fact that a townie so against a no-lynch happening and all about advancing the game probably wouldn't up and forget about his lynch vote - especially when he has people he doesn't agree with - specifically he thought Visceral (and by association mine and Cat's, though you couldn't tell because he ignores them completely) votes on Oz were strange and didn't agree with a town read on speedchuck. I mean I get having weak reads this early but I feel like eager town would be more about following these weak reads then sitting in the background legitimately thinking and being fine with not using their vote.

Push towards granola is also really weird unaccompanied by a vote since apparently Druple doesn't find counterarguments suspicious and therefore shouldn't be voting Garuru (again).
(06-18-2014, 07:06 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »Garuru, it's the idea that you want to throw some pressure on someone without actually fully committing to it - I'm also somewhat sure you know that already. I could understand it if putting a vote on would bring the person uncomfortably close to hammer, but Druple had exactly 1 vote on him and it's day one.

I'm sorry for not wanting to flail my vote-dick around like what people have been doing all day. It was a honest mistake. And yeah, maybe I should have mentioned that I was waiting for a counterargument before putting down a vote.

I guess while we're on the subject, Drups suddenly calling out Granola was mighty odd as well, considering there have been plenty of other people doing the same thing Drups is accusing Granola of doing (active lurking, e.g. making comments without commitment). I sense some sort of an alignment here, and it's something I'd like to look out for.

Not that Granola shouldn't come forth and say something substantial. I encourage that. It's just random, is all.
ebwop: got ninja'd. pala has a point about the fact that it isn't easy to forget that you're voting.
(06-18-2014, 07:08 PM)Garuru Wrote: »Vic is looking really off here, because this is like the second time he has sheeped onto another vote. (The first one was my no lynch vote.)

Also, spoiler alert, I don't actually like no lynching. I just wanted to stir up some discussion. Looks like it worked! vote: Mister Visceral.

For the record I'm not too pleased with Drubs still, but for now it feels like he maybe could have made a honest mistake. Keeping my eye on him.

That is pretty suspicious, but doing it on the same player twice seems like something most scum would be afraid to do. Most of them would probably do it with different players to avoid notice. That said, MV seems pretty content to drop in, vote someone with little or no explanation, and then drop out again without really discussing anything. How many of his posts contain more than two short sentences? I got so distracted by all this nolynch stuff that i forgot he still hasn't answered my question about Oz. Vote MV

Re:The Granola thing: It's actually a remnant from an earlier version of that post, where I was gonna unvote Garuru. When you've just said you have townvibes on someone a vote on them has no pressure anymore. Voting on your (very light) townreads is also kinda counterproductive. I tried looking for someone to vote instead and Granola was the best I coud find (yes, I completely missed MV). Then I noticed that thing Garuru did and decided to keep my vote on him instead.

Re: The other votes on Oz: I thought your vote was just RVS. What made me target MV specifically was his insistence that his vote was more than that. If you had serious reasons for voting Oz, please elaborate on them. I haven't found any post where Cat votes for Oz.

The reason I forgot my vote was that I was more interested in finding someone who actually deserved a vote than it currently was on, because I knew I didn't have any real scumreads back then. I was gonna vote MV if he failed to come up with a good response (and before you ask, the difference between me and what Garuru did is that by questioning someone you're still actively participating in the case against them, and "I'll vote you if give a terrible answer to my question" is implied whenever you ask one). But then everything else happened and I forgot all about that.
Also, this is turning into just a conversation between me, Pala and Garuru. This is the first really talkworthy thing since daystart, and I want as many as possible chiming in on it.
Hmm... okay so, I think that, as of right now, I'm going to Vote:MV because he's doing some jumping around without actually saying anything, which isn't helpful at all. I'd like to actually know what specifically he finds suspicious about Druple besides 'that's pretty bad'.

Speaking of Druple, he is kind of suspicious, mainly because it looks like he's trying to deflect some of the attention onto someone else by calling Granola out. Also, the whole voting thing is pretty iffy, but isn't too suspicious in and of itself. Paired with the 'deflecting' thing, however, it does look like he's trying to backpedal.
(06-18-2014, 07:50 PM)Druplesnubb Wrote: »That said, MV seems pretty content to drop in, vote someone with little or no explanation, and then drop out again without really discussing anything. How many of his posts contain more than two short sentences? I got so distracted by all this nolynch stuff that i forgot he still hasn't answered my question about Oz. Vote MV
Is that so?

..yeah, his first not LOLZTHEGAMESTARTEDRVSSHITPOST post was
(06-18-2014, 04:27 AM)Mister Visceral Wrote: »Serious Vote Oz
Literally that's all the post contained, mmk..
(06-18-2014, 12:31 PM)Druplesnubb Wrote: »
(06-18-2014, 04:27 AM)Mister Visceral Wrote: »Serious Vote Oz
Why so serious? No, seriously, what makes Oz look like serious scum to you?

To which he answered,
(06-18-2014, 06:26 PM)Mister Visceral Wrote: »Yep that's pretty bad Vote Druple
Yep that's pretty bad Vote vic (he said to call him that in one of his superlulz posts).
Like, 5 people have posted in the time it takes me to make this. Peoplez, stahp!
There isn't going to be much coherent thought connecting the paragraphs, so just be warned if I randomly switch topic the next paragraph. Also, things will be greatly out of order. What I say should connect with something on this page though. Some issues I am posting about have been somewhat resolved...I think. That's just what happens when I'm slow to get a post out.

I'll jump on to the voting conversation (that now happened some posts ago) with my opinion. I don't vote for people unless I want them lynched. If I vote for you, then you know you done messed up. After all, if you flail votes around willy nilly, how are people going to tell when you're being serious or not? This isn't to say I won't grill people with questions, but when I make an action I'm going full-force.

I had a paragraph here about forgetting who you're voting for...but I'll just drop it.

Cat indeed did NOT vote for Oz.

Although other people are finding it weird that you're throwing a question out to granolaman, I don't mind as much since it will get some discussion rolling. If Drup is going to question people who are lurking or not adding much to the discussion, well, he's got to start somewhere. Is he in the position to attack someone else? Maybe not.

Quote:(drup) When you've just said you have townvibes on someone a vote on them has no pressure anymore.
Doing that is somewhat inconsistent between words and actions, to say the least. It can very easily (as you saw) lead to confusion and misunderstanding. This exchange wouldn't have happened had you been consistent between words and actions (or make it clear the reason why you're still keeping your vote on a person). End verdict, the above actions are wholly justified. This goes to everyone that you should communicate well on your stance and to other people.

Quote:(drup)...Then I noticed that thing Garuru did and decided to keep my vote on him instead.
Drups plays the pronoun game so we have to guess exactly what he's talking about when he says 'thing'.

MOTG comes up with the coherent thought train so other people who have to catch up aren't more lost than the time I tried to find the Holy Grail. He doesn't say much himself...but I'll give credit for following closely along.

Quote:(drup)Also, this is turning into just a conversation between me, Pala and Garuru. This is the first really talkworthy thing since daystart, and I want as many as possible chiming in on it.
Working on it. Though, it takes longer than usual because it's hard to keep track of names that I don't have embedded into my brain yet. Also doesn't help that some people don't have pictures...

The votes for MV are really rolling in...love to hear both MV and Oz. Granolaman is more of a side thing, but would be nice if he popped in too.
Sorry guys, I was flying under the assumption that Schazer's gun against my head here was entirely legit and I was spending my last few moments in quiet reflection before we both die and replace back in. I'm getting a lot of strange deja vu from MV's sheeping up there, but I think Pala's argument against Druple is a valid one so I'm gonna let it slide for the time being.

FoS: Druple

You can have my full vote when either
A: It looks like we won't be able to hilariously lynch Mirdini D1, or
B: Schazer decides not to steal the lynch today.
So I am not really after MV at all because I am 90% certain he was doing the same thing as me.

Namely throwing around vaguely scummy shit in hopes someone would bite. He just went around throwing one word votes while I threw mine around like a cheap floozy. Considering some people (Garuru and to a lesser extent Druple and mtg - wait holy crap that's his whole wagon) have been trying to do the same basic thing I feel like they're all significantly more suspicious.
(06-19-2014, 12:59 AM)Granolaman Wrote: »You can have my full vote when either
A: It looks like we won't be able to hilariously lynch Mirdini D1, or

Scofflaw

In other news nice, things are happening.

Vote: Mister Visceral
Ugh okay if we start defining every scummy thing people do as "scum bait", then scum starts getting away with doing stuff like that.

And I don't care that he posts votes with no reasoning behind them, because it's still early. My reasoning is that he's just following other people's votes. So he can be like "I supported that lynch!" later down the road.
Alright that makes more sense then, and confirms that Druple is the right way to vote right now.

That said of course it was scum bait we're just now out of RVS. Furthermore I know you've seen him and other people pull shit like that before.
EBWOP: And if you're going after people for following you best be voting me because the Druple lynch is literally my first original vote and I've made a ton of them so far :P.
Yeah basically what Pala said.
I wasn't about to put a whole bunch of effort into pushing the game along. I just voted based on the small things I saw. I voted Oz because it looked like he was throwing suspicion on Dini for no reason.

Then I voted for Druple because of the contradiction.

If I seemed off on the first few pages, chalk it up to there being pretty much no game happening yet.
Tomorrow I have ~all the free time~ so expect a more comprehensive post.

Love,
Visceral
stop being reasonable guys that isn't how you get a game rolling/scum to park themselves on an 'easy' vic lynch :|