[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)

[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)
RE: [Fortuna] Suggestion topic (1/22) x2
(01-22-2016, 11:43 PM)Futurdreamz Wrote: »[Slate and I are back. I'm OK, not so sure about Slate. We talked with Sonny, who claimed to be a dreamwalker that's hosted by Cea. He was attempting to draw in Sir somewhere to keep him from Cea but had drawn us in also. While he was sending Slate (and I) back, Slate was attacked by a "friend" of Sonny and has had a severe hit to his sanity.]

I wonder if the "older" and "smaller" universe Sonny is the presumed old game that our chatfriend assumed Fortuna was built on?

SpoilerShow

>Cleo: wake up from well-deserved nap.

Not quite correct. He was trying to draw Sir away so Slate wouldn't think Cea is crazy and would leave him alone. We didn't really talk with Sonny either.
(01-22-2016, 11:48 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »
(01-22-2016, 11:43 PM)Futurdreamz Wrote: »[Slate and I are back. I'm OK, not so sure about Slate. We talked with Sonny, who claimed to be a dreamwalker that's hosted by Cea. He was attempting to draw in Sir somewhere to keep him from Cea but had drawn us in also. While he was sending Slate (and I) back, Slate was attacked by a "friend" of Sonny and has had a severe hit to his sanity.]

I wonder if the "older" and "smaller" universe Sonny is the presumed old game that our chatfriend assumed Fortuna was built on?

SpoilerShow

>Cleo: wake up from well-deserved nap.

Not quite correct. He was trying to draw Sir away so Slate wouldn't think Cea is crazy and would leave him alone. We didn't really talk with Sonny either.
Close enough. And we sort of told Slate what to ask.

I don't know if the red text was referring to us or Slate. If either patron asks for clarification as to if Sonny was aware of us, then we should mention the red text.

Also: that plan backfired badly. Now that Slate was knocked unconscious and is down 130 sanity points, Cea won't really be left alone.
>cleo: you were just finishing up a job on your list!
(01-22-2016, 11:52 PM)Futurdreamz Wrote: »Also: that plan backfired badly. Now that Slate was knocked unconscious and is down 130 sanity points, Cea won't really be left alone.

The Sir will be in that place for a while, so Cea should temporarily be okay.
>Cea, Apologize.
>Cleo, finish up the job you were totally working and not slacking off a little.

SpoilerShow
RE: [Fortuna] Suggestion topic (1/22)
(01-22-2016, 11:05 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »EDIT: So who else think Sonny might be the Sun God's other half?
I think it's possible, but I'm not sure how likely it is as Sonny mentions consistently having been forgotten and the Greek pantheon are [or were] the ones most in power, and Greek Apollo certainly doesn't seem to have been not remembered.
RE: [Fortuna] Suggestion topic (1/22)
(01-23-2016, 03:09 AM)Apo11o Wrote: »
(01-22-2016, 11:05 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »EDIT: So who else think Sonny might be the Sun God's other half?
I think it's possible, but I'm not sure how likely it is as Sonny mentions consistently having been forgotten and the Greek pantheon are [or were] the ones most in power, and Greek Apollo certainly doesn't seem to have been not remembered.

We still don't exactly know what the previous player did to Apollo. But I don't think it matches up very well.

If anything, I think he might be related to the Extrails.
Honestly I'm just waiting for Sonny to be a Red Herring, but it's possible Sonny is related to Apollo somehow, we'll see when we get to Fortuna I guess
The roman Apollo mentioned being split in two, but I wouldn't call him barely intelligent.
SpoilerShow

>Cleo: Show us the picture you drew!
An introvert, even online.

Currently seeking cosmic knowledge. Contact me if you know anything about the following:
SpoilerShow
> Slate: Cuddle your plush for comfort.

(He deserves it)
(01-23-2016, 04:39 AM)TacosNPie Wrote: »> Slate: Cuddle your plush for comfort.

(He deserves it)

Slate: additional command: start sucking your thumb when nobody's looking.
Maybe Slate's sanity is low enough to gain the power to talk to inanimate objects now.
(01-23-2016, 06:35 AM)Fellow Wrote: »Maybe Slate's sanity is low enough to gain the power to talk to inanimate objects now.

That would require talking.

But now he's lost his marbles, his personality is kind of a clean slate. There's plenty of time to cea what we can wh-edel out out of him, but for now he needs some rest and a good meal.

...I can't think of any acceptable synonyms for "Cleo" and I'm not even going to touch "Athena" and "Apollo." I vote Cleo to be the honorary disposable crewmate.

Does Cleo have to fix the lights in Slate's room now?
(01-23-2016, 06:57 AM)Futurdreamz Wrote: »
(01-23-2016, 06:35 AM)Fellow Wrote: »Maybe Slate's sanity is low enough to gain the power to talk to inanimate objects now.

But now he's lost his marbles, his personality is kind of a clean slate. There's plenty of time to Cea what we can wh-edel out out of him, but for now he needs some rest and a good meal.

...I can't think of any acceptable synonyms for "Cleo" and I'm not even going to touch "Athena" and "Apollo." I vote Cleo to be the honorary disposable crewmate.

You're assuming quite a bit. We don't know what Slate's original sanity was so we can't know what his current is. Also I don't think that's how insanity works.

Also, I don't think it's a good idea to think of any of our crew is disposable. We lack any sort of redundancy, meaning losing any one of them means the loss of important functions. Cleo is especially important since our ship is currently falling apart and she's the only one who can fix it.

EDIT: BTW, we should probably try to get some level of redundancy going amongst our crew.
(01-23-2016, 11:22 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »
(01-23-2016, 06:57 AM)Futurdreamz Wrote: »

But now he's lost his marbles, his personality is kind of a clean slate. There's plenty of time to Cea what we can wh-edel out out of him, but for now he needs some rest and a good meal.

You're assuming quite a bit. We don't know what Slate's original sanity was so we can't know what his current is. Also I don't think that's how insanity works.

Also, I don't think it's a good idea to think of any of our crew is disposable. We lack any sort of redundancy, meaning losing any one of them means the loss of important functions. Cleo is especially important since our ship is currently falling apart and she's the only one who can fix it.

EDIT: BTW, we should probably try to get some level of redundancy going amongst our crew.

/it was a joke, based on the earlier play on words. I tried to fit all the crewmember's names into a couple sentences, but had to resort to tacking on a homonym at the end for Cleo.

As it was, Slate was stable but not really developing well. Now, he's probably been effectively broken, and much more receptive to Marble's guiding. He may never have a baseline personality, but Marble should be able to guide him to be able to better socialize with other people without resorting to mind control. Although his sanity is unknown, Based on the Cosmodex entries for the other crewmembers it seems that 100 sanity is the normal max. Unless Slate had some sort of hypersanity he's in the negatives with Cea now. And if he already was, he'd be below -130 now which is still a major jump. He's not going to be right as rain immediately after that.

Or maybe I just have a hankering for some drama and character development. maybe we can squeeze a little bit in among the more important stuff.
(01-23-2016, 11:49 AM)Futurdreamz Wrote: »Or maybe I just have a hankering for some drama and character development. maybe we can squeeze a little bit in among the more important stuff.

I'm not sure how much you're joking right now, but I wouldn't call it character developement if we 'reprogrammed' Slate. I guess it could be some sort of start of darkness for Marble, but I'd find it kind of icky.
>Slightly Sarcastic
Hey, anyone want to open some tomes of eldritch knowledge? Cea and Slate are insane enough already, what's a little bit of the incomprehensible?
An introvert, even online.

Currently seeking cosmic knowledge. Contact me if you know anything about the following:
SpoilerShow
Quote:>Cea, Apologize.
Quote:>Cea: "I'm so sorry"
>Cea: Hand Slate the poster

[Image: qoUP30n.gif]

Quote:[Darn it I was just staring at nothing and not responding to stimuli for the past ten minutes wasn't I? I haven't been able to hear you after Athena told us how the Limbo gods don't need honor.]

[Image: chV1oYZ.gif]
I don't know if you were staring at nothing but you sure weren't talking co-player. I attempted to get you to move that slacker Cea a little faster but you didn't do anything when I called for you! You also apparently missed my essay!

[Image: bou7seU.gif]
She got a A- on it.

An absolutely unacceptable grade! I want a retrial!

Quote:> Edel: Keep Marble around so Slate doesn't accidentally harm anybody with his psychics.

[Image: 3iNrD4l.gif]

Quote:[We're sorry about disappearing. We sort of got sucked in with Slate when he went into Cea, or Sonny's, mind there. We're not sure.

[Image: gErYytf.gif]
Well that's strange.

You still should have been able to contact us! The patron messenger covers the whole known universe, including the minds of everyone in the universe. I know you were distracted but you still should have responded co-player.

Quote:> Cleo: you were just finishing up a job on your list!

[Image: ClpzhKJ.gif]

Quote:[We couldn't contact you because we were "out of signal range"]

That's......

Impossible.....

You'd have to have been taken outside of the universe for that to happen. You can't just go outside the universe!

And yet that's what seems to have happened.

Quote:> Cleo should check up on the Helios unit and maybe start on her AI kit?

[Image: eQNOnm8.gif]

Quote:[Long story short Sonny is a Dreamwalker.]

Dreamwalkers don't just go outside the universe.

[Image: J6K6HGg.gif]

Quote:[So, uh...

How are you guys doing?]

Confused is how we're doing co-player. I can't begin to think what even is outside the universe, much less how you got there. I don't believe anyone has reached the edge of the universe and then went outside of it. It's unheard of!

As a note Cleo creating an AI will be the last thing we do before we go to the next planet and it will be a live stream. While we'll be creating some robots via the livestream, if you would like to submit a drawing of a robot you made to be judged and possibly picked by the readers please submit a picture before this thursday via pm. The stream will likely be on Friday. Please do not make any of the robots god related (greek, roman, or otherwise) as this is Cleo making a custom robot/AI.
RE: [Fortuna] Suggestion topic (1/24)
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Edit:
>Cleo: Ask if the Helios needs a marker.
>Cleo: Ask to run diagnostics to check Helios stats/condition
>Cleo: Assign him to be cooperative during tests, and to help her improve her artistic abilities when she needs it, and to clean the ship/keep others company when she doesn't need help.
> Assign him to do janitor duties.
(01-25-2016, 12:52 AM)LoverIan Wrote: »>Cleo: Ask to run diagnostics to check Helios stats/condition
>Cleo: Assign him to be cooperative during tests, and to help her improve her artistic abilities when she needs it, and to clean the ship/keep others company when she doesn't need help.

I'd add > Cleo: Have him take stock of everything on the ship every planet.
(01-25-2016, 01:00 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »I'd add > Cleo: Have him take stock of everything on the ship every planet.
Latta does that already, I believe.