Glorified Mercenaries: The Rebootening

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glorified Mercenaries: The Rebootening
RE: Glorified Mercenaries (Game Start!) [LWRPG]
SpoilerShow
[Image: e837gm.png]

Bart's careful aim is spoiled by jittery hands, and his shot flies right over the dregs and into the tree at B10. It erupts into flame, undeterred by the relatively low power of the sprinklers.

Kairui's Cone of Light, however, manages to blast the dregs full-force! They, and the area around them, seem to dry out considerably from the energy now hanging around the area. The puddle that was previously itself a slime remains as thick and fluid as before...

Naisse's shot juuuust grazes dreg number 2, chipping away a tiny bit of the layer of dried mud, but not doing any actually meaningful harm to the thing. The bullet lodges in the mud behind its intended target, where it very slowly sinks.

ENEMY TURN
SpoilerShow
Dreg #2 quickly dashes through its fallen ally, absorbing it into its mass. Easily doubling in size, it proceeds to slam into Albert!

Dreg #3, unable to find an easily-accessible source of mud, swiftly skirts the thorns and regroups.

The other dregs approach the party, taking care not to get too close to the flaming tree.

The thorn bush near the tree has caught fire.

[Image: mr6ckz.png]

Recap
SpoilerShow
RE: Glorified Mercenaries (whoa combat and stuff) [LWRPG]
First roll in combat: natural 1. Why aren't I surprised. :V

If you were a more dickish GM, Guy, (read as: more like GMs I used to play with years ago) I'll bet you'd have made me set Albert on fire instead of a tree.
SpoilerShow
[Image: 9zmee.png]
Albert gives the dreg a quick but forceful stab, then runs off to the other side of the arena. While it looks considerably wibblier after the attack, the blob remains intact.
Giles will cast Disorienting Vision on Dreg 2, then move to D1.
SpoilerShow
[Image: not5qr.png]
The slime seems to shudder a little, but is otherwise unaffected by Giles's attack.
Bart sighs in frustration at the misfire, taking a breath or two to calm down.

He attempts to cast Embers again, this time at the bushes at E7 in the hopes of slowing down the slimes' advance; they certainly don't seem to be fond of fire.

But not before stepping over to C1 to hide behind Kairui of course.
SpoilerShow
[Image: rm7hbl.png]
The thorns burst into lovely flames, causing the nearby dregs to shrink away a bit. The edge of Kairui's mask gets a bit singed.
"...You incompetent BUFFOON. Look what your utter insipidity did to my mask! This is a Holy Mask, and there will be repercussions for damaging it. Sigh. For now, I want you as far away from me as possible. So scooch."

Kairui then makes an Arcane Portal to E-14, and casts Into the Void at the dreg at E-11.

(despite what I said, Bart is more than welcome to piggyback alongside him, if he happened to be touching Kairui at the right time. I'll leave that decision to Guy, though, maybe.)
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
(Piggybacking would be good, I think, a little extra punch wouldn't be amiss over that side.)

"Oh! My sincerest apologies, your grace." Bart puts a hand on Kairui's arm as he leans over to one side to peer at his mask to check it for damage.
SpoilerShow
[Image: 6fuzol.png]
Kairui VOIPs over to the other side of the field, accidentally taking Bart along for the ride. Kairui all but collapses from the effort, and Bart is quite shaky as well. Nonetheless, Kairui is able to easily fire off a powerful blast of void magic at one of the dregs, causing a chunk of it to turn back to fall off and turn to inanimate mud.
Naisse shuffles her way to behind the nearby tree, stopping at F4, and fires at dreg #4.
SpoilerShow
[Image: vdiirs.png]

Naisse gets behind one of the trees, leans to the left and carefully lines up a shot. It hits, sending mud splattering everywhere, but the targeted dreg manages to hold itself together.

ENEMY TURN
SpoilerShow
[Image: 2cpdo3r.png]

The dregs in the center appear to panic and flee from the spreading flames! A couple slide off to the left, but most of them head to the right. On the way, dregs #3 and #5 absorb some of the mud on the ground, reconstituting themselves but not growing nearly as large as #2 did.

While #8 approaches Albert, the flames ward it off, forcing it to try a more indirect approach. The only blob actually within attack range is #4, who smashes into Naisse... honestly, mostly it just gets her a bit dirty.

The fire spreads to the rest of the thorns.

Recap
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
The net manages to land successfully, and the dreg's high structural integrity at the moment actually works against it; by the time it's finished oozing through the gaps, the little guy's tuckered itself out. It'll need a bit of a rest before it can get back to the chase.
Giles will cast Disorienting Vision on Dreg 2. If it dies, he'll move to B8; if it doesn't, he'll move to G1.
(I'll just drop my turn here now since it doesn't depend on the outcome of Giles' turn at all.)

Bart stumbles a little as he moves to G13, dry-heaving as he goes. "Fucking teleportation..." Needless to say, his stomach doesn't agree with this teleportation malarkey at all.

He attempts to Water Blast Dreg #6 away, aiming straight for the thorns at A7.

(+3 specific and +1 general skill bonus to precision. Just to point out, it's not at all a continuous stream of water; more of a very short... well, blast, at stupid-high velocity.)
SpoilerShow
[Image: 15copk1.png]
Dreg #2 wiggles and wobbles a bit, but doesn't actually seem to be affected in any meaningful way.

Bart, due to his dizziness, manages to spray water just about everywhere but into his target. Some of it bounces off the wall and back into his face. The surrounding area becomes muddy.

Sylvain looks over some notes, sighing heavily.
"...Right. Good to know you're still pretty much useless in any form of combat."

Kairui simply steps westwards and uses Mirror Slash on Dreg 5.

(i kind of want the mirror slash to be lingering just long enough for the dreg's eventual attack to reflect back but that would take a pretty high challenge skill. eh, it's up to Guy.)
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
"I'm a doctor, not a fighter..." Bart grumbles to Kairui, rubbing at his stomach.
SpoilerShow
[Image: 2d7zst3.png]

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Naisse cracks her knuckles - again - and moves down one space to throw a flurry of punches with all four of her arms at the dreg.
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
[Image: 2mr8y0n.png]
Before the little bastard even has a chance to react, Naisse absolutely lays into it. When she finishes, nothing remains of the blob but a puddle on the ground and some filth clinging to her hands.

SpoilerShow
ENEMY TURN
SpoilerShow
[Image: 23kw3ft.png]
Once again, Dreg #2 rushes over to absorb the remnants of its ally. It's still substantially weaker, though, and attacks Naisse weakly.

The others (save for the eighth, who has only just finished dealing with the net situation) crowd around Kairui, drawn there by the intense magical field around him. Dreg #3 absorbs some of the mud from the ground, but it lacks the strength that another dreg could grant it. The barrage weakens Kairui, but he hasn't yet run out of steam.

Recap
SpoilerShow
Bart eyes Dreg #3 and #6 for a moment before attempting to cast Spore on both of them.

SpoilerShow