SCP-MAFIA -NIGHT 4 - ...again!? 10/21

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCP-MAFIA -NIGHT 4 - ...again!? 10/21
RE: SCP-MAFIA - DAY 1 - Vending Murder 20/21
Hey Wiw, if you don't want your candy, I'll take it. Also, I'm gonna UNVOTE WIWAXIA for now, since I don't think it's doing much.

Well, they could have one of the SCPs that's a group, like the pet rocks, or those fucking birds.
If this game were balanced, I'd probably agree with you Dini, and I'd probably be voting whoosh right now. But, in a clusterfuck game such as this one, that, thus far, has focused a bit more on the clusterfuck part than the mafia part (which I think is fun, but detracts from the game), I really don't like a lynch that's based solely off of role logic. Yes, it makes him suspicious. If no other viable lynches pop up, whoosh is a lot better lynch target than anybody else. But, I really don't feel confident in a whoosh-wagon in the least, even if you two have similar roles.
(06-25-2013, 03:49 AM)Mirdini Wrote: »If people really don't want to lynch whoosh for some reason sure we can go after someone else but I'd certainly recommend not visiting her - hell I don't even mind if you don't visit me too

also wiwaxia why would you vote the guy who /counterclaimed/

in what world is it a good idea for scum to make themselves a gigantic target if the purpose of their action is successful (getting a theoretical town!whoosh lynched would probably see me dead the following day)

anyway alright sure

Vote: Red709
Could go for Red. Wasn't sure if you were claiming the exact same role or some sort of similar luck-based mechanic, but I still don't see any reason for whoosh to claim this early if scum (and I don't think it's a fakeclaim).
(06-25-2013, 05:21 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »Could go for Red. Wasn't sure if you were claiming the exact same role or some sort of similar luck-based mechanic, but I still don't see any reason for whoosh to claim this early if scum (and I don't think it's a fakeclaim).

Fair enough, that's also why I'm leaning towards third party

two town roles with these sorts of shenanigans would be pretty funny though I must admit
I'm going on a logical limb here and- aren't most SCPs basically something that'll kill something when visited
Mirdini does his best to shove a gigantic card board check into the much smaller money slot, and fails.
Eventually he just starts tearing it up and shoving the little pieces in, which are gobbled up without incident.
The machine whirs and sputters for a few minutes and then nothing happens.
OUT OF ORDER is displayed above the money slot.
You can see the edge of a giant bag peeking out from the top of the receiving tray, but it seems too big to fit through.
Good job, Mirdini.

Maybe you can fix that somehow, but until then, how's about some votals even though they like just happened.
Also Felix, I don't think you had a vote in the first place when you unvoted.
Granolaman's Corpse: 1 (Garuru)
The Vending Machine Itself: 3 (Red709, Sruixan, piester)
Red709: 3 (Schazer, soundlyParanoid, Mirdini)
whoosh!: 1 (Kieros)
Kieros: 1 (Palamedes)
Mirdini: 1 (Wiwaxia)
myw: 1 (bigro)

With 20 people alive, it takes 11 to hard lynch, and 6 to soft lynch.
And let's set a deadline. How's Friday night, 8 PM PST?

The Timely Snack in Sruixan's possession have one minute left on the timer. Dunno if you should do something about that before then.
Attempt to wrench bag free
(06-12-2013, 03:17 AM)cyber95 Wrote: »Anyways, this is also a Clusterfuck kinda thing so roles are based exclusively on what your SCP would have, regardless of balance.

So basically all we can concretely infer is that whoosh! and Dini picked similar SCPs. whoosh! is practically claiming third party with her wording and unless we think there's a gutsy scummy gambit going on here I don't see why it's worth pushing?

Now, regarding the vending machine, I am fairly certain that I'm supposed to be tanking most of its shenanigans. It now being broken does rather put a damper on that, but ho hum...

Drink: Not Entirely Unlike Tea

Don't suppose anyone else fancies the Timely Snack? I'm not terribly okay with eating bugs...
explain to me why you want me dead again
because I'm still just confused about daystart flavor
was granola even playing this game
I am legit just confused
(06-25-2013, 02:18 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »And the number of times I've seen grannies/millers/similar 'don't visit me' town roles claim in some way during D1 is staggeringly high.

that's a thing that needs to not happen?????
That's a thing that really
really needs to stop happening in the current - and I loathe to say it - in the current meta

literally that is
if you say "don't visit me" as a granny
then scum will probably not visit you either and try to get you lynched for /faking a granny claim/ etc
if you say "visit me" then you will /probably get shot/

etc etc etc etc
and in general it just looks weird
fine I wouldn't mind it as much if whoosh only just mentioned it in passing but then he... continued to go on about it and that's. weird

and I don't like it
(06-25-2013, 04:51 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »
(06-12-2013, 03:17 AM)cyber95 Wrote: »Anyways, this is also a Clusterfuck kinda thing so roles are based exclusively on what your SCP would have, regardless of balance.

So basically all we can concretely infer is that whoosh! and Dini picked similar SCPs. whoosh! is practically claiming third party with her wording and unless we think there's a gutsy scummy gambit going on here I don't see why it's worth pushing?

it's not that's the point
I'm not voting whoosh because as much as I /want/ to this is a clusterfuck and where normally in most games something like this would be a warning sign in this sort of game it's more or less par for the course
I can still let people know that really this is the kind of thing they need to not do though
Try as you might, the bag won't budge. It seems it's actually bigger than the receiving tray.
Perhaps there's another way to get at it...?

Sruixan downs the beverage.
Blegh. Ugh. Gross. All that you've accomplished is gaining a stronger desire for some proper tea. Hopefully you can somehow get some before too long.

The Timely Snack timer reduces to 30 seconds.
oh balls to it

Down: Timely Snack

This is going to be interesting.
Munch a fresh apple

I had voted for Wiw, but all's good.

Also.

Open the top of the bag and see what's inside.
Attempt to open up Vending Machine with handy screwdriver
Or you could stab the bag with the screwdriver and deflate it or something.
press dispenser button. I think that's how my snack machine works?

This is all roughly amusing
(06-25-2013, 04:52 PM)Red709 Wrote: »was granola even playing this game
I am legit just confused
He signed up. Never confirmed, but the original first post was without any names, and I was and still am the 20th person to sign up. Therefore, he did sign up during the course of that period, and just died N0. Whether that helps or confuses you more, I don't know nor care.
I throw a single algae chip at Red709.

I found a use for these things.
(06-25-2013, 06:11 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(06-25-2013, 04:52 PM)Red709 Wrote: »was granola even playing this game
I am legit just confused
He signed up. Never confirmed, but the original first post was without any names, and I was and still am the 20th person to sign up. Therefore, he did sign up during the course of that period, and just died N0. Whether that helps or confuses you more, I don't know nor care.

Thank you
now there's an actual context as to what is going on
...sort of
Rotate: Stuck Bag; can its opening be reached?

if not I wonder what would happen if I were to pour my Caustic Cola into the tray

because LOGIC
Oh, ew. I'm not sure what I expected with that yen note but I should have seen this coming.

I guess I might as well check it out. Can I eat the Vita-Flesh?
okay while class is on break lemme get these actions outta the way

Sruixan gobbles up the Timely Snack
Eugh. Augh. Gross. The timer beeps.
"Snack consumed. Explosives Disabled."
Well that's probably a good thing. Nonetheless, you feel a bout of indigestion. Might be the explosives. You should sit down for a while.

Felix opens the Fresh Fruit box and finds hundreds of really tiny fruit. Some of them seem to be still ripening, as you watch.
He eats one that looks particularly fresh. It's not very filling on its own.

Also, he can't see the top of the bag so he doesn't open it, assuming he's talking about the giant bag.

Mirdini finds a screwdriver in a lab somewhere and opens up the vending machine.
As the machine opens up, a man-sized bag filled with two humanoid alien lookin' squiddy monster things falls out. The labelling is illegible. You're pretty sure they're dead. You're also pretty sure they're meant for consumption, if past items have been any indicator. There's a part of the bag that seems to be pooled with a green substance that may or may not be alien blood.
Mirdini collects Not Technically Cannibalistic Meal

myw pushes the return change button.
This doesn't achieve much.

LegendaryQ bonks an algae chip offa Red's head
This also doesn't achieve much, but it's more amusing. Y'almost nailed him in the eye!

Yes Sruixan, the bag can now be reached.

Whoosh! hesitantly takes a big bite out of the Vita-Flesh
Ergh. It's delicious. You're actually kind of worried about how delicious it is. The texture is a bit too fatty, and your mouth is just dripping blood. A look at where you bit reveals some organs and shit, which are rapidly ceasing to work. Whatever sorta vitamins are in that seem to do your body good, and it just... makes you feel healthy.
Whoosh! has a lump of Vita-Flesh that is rapidly bleeding out with a big bite in it.
who wants to barbecue