I agree with Red as well, but I've got no clue who to vote for. :I
RE: SCP-MAFIA - DAY 1 - Vending Murder 20/21
dammit really should've refreshed the thread
This is a clusterfuck Red.

Why
So
Serious

Also I think whoosh and the magical some-sort-of-granny bag is kind of a non-issue?
Okay that fair enough point.

Anyway, I'm getting a bad feeling about whoosh with the whole "I'll help town but don't visit me, especially if your useful to town."
I think Whoosh might be one of the more dangerous SCPs, who sometimes kills the mess out of people.

Just saying.

If we need a target later, whoosh just painted one on their face.
(06-25-2013, 01:08 AM)FelixSparks Wrote: »I think Whoosh might be one of the more dangerous SCPs, who sometimes kills the mess out of people.

Just saying.

If we need a target later, whoosh just painted one on their face.

I'll admit I'm not too experienced with mafia, but wouldn't that be a good indication that Whoosh is not hostile?

If anything bad happens to anyone visiting Whoosh, Whoosh is dead meat, so why would they volunteer themselves like that if they were planning to harm their visitors?

Not sure if I worded that in a way that makes sense.
(06-25-2013, 01:00 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »This is a clusterfuck Red.

Why
So
Serious

Also I think whoosh and the magical some-sort-of-granny bag is kind of a non-issue?

[Image: tumblr_mc4imnf8xG1qfbz1so1_500.gif]

I'm not being serious so much as
exasperated

I'm kind of with Dini on the "Items are dumb" thing, even if it is a clusterfuck
it makes everyone go OH LOOK ITEM and then it's just pages of dicking around instead of actually playing mafia

WRT Woosh's bag just
that's a thing that shouldn't be happening or be done and in general just eugh. If it weren't a clusterfuck I'd want his head rolling just for this weird shit

also just because it's a clusterfuck doesn't mean you can't play seriously
it's not like the rules say NO SERIOUS ALLOWED
clusterfucks are just games with minimal balance or other such things
Well, Hello everyone. Since I have almost literally no money, I'm gonna start a business in order to make some to get, like, super power chips or jerky out of the thing. For the price of 100 yen, I'll store any Will or last testament. Upon that persons death, I'll read it out to the crowd. Of course, If i'm dead somebody else can pick it up.

I'll abstain from voting, since I'd most likely vote for the vending machine.
That is.... A VERY interesting business Double D. One I might take part of. But not quite yet.
(06-25-2013, 01:58 AM)DoubleD Wrote: »Well, Hello everyone. Since I have almost literally no money, I'm gonna start a business in order to make some to get, like, super power chips or jerky out of the thing. For the price of 100 yen, I'll store any Will or last testament. Upon that persons death, I'll read it out to the crowd. Of course, If i'm dead somebody else can pick it up.

I'll abstain from voting, since I'd most likely vote for the vending machine.

I...
I don't quite understand.

You're starting a business so you can use the machine you apparently want lynched but then aren't voting for some reason?
Many clusterfucks are actually based around people having fun the way they want to have fun! Turning the game into just silliness is of course defeating the purpose of mafia-ing, but getting mad at other people for not being all SRS BSNS is just as bad (primarily due to the minimal balance). By all means play however you want, but don't expect people to not dick around with items in a game that revolves around us all getting our own item just because you don't like it.

On a srs note, what exactly is so terrible about Whoosh's claim? She's pretty heavily going 'I'm some sort of luck based granny thing' I don't think that's too questionable? Unless you mean you want to kill her because she hinted at her role in which case come on this is a clusterfuck and it's not like you or the masses of other people who play these games haven't pointlessly claimed before in far more serious games. Also, I want to lynch someone who is voting for the vending machine or trying to push a lynch there. It's clearly a waste of time to go after it.

Oh hey Vote: Kieros.
(06-25-2013, 12:52 AM)Mirdini Wrote: »This game is turning out to be Why Mirdini Hates Items, The Game
Shouldn't that be "Why Everyone Hates Items, The Game"? Because seriously, that vending machine needs to die, and sooner rather than later.
(06-25-2013, 01:00 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »This is a clusterfuck Red.
There's a difference between a clusterfuck and a clusterfuck. Just because it's one doesn't mean we treat it like both. Especially not in immediate pants-removal-ness, which we've had too much of already.
EBWOP: Palamedes, I think you missed my change at the top of this page, after whoosh! had done the great what-are-you-thinking-ening.
We've had uh

Exactly one person. And the number of times I've seen grannies/millers/similar 'don't visit me' town roles claim in some way during D1 is staggeringly high. Also I did see your change, I voted you because I don't like that vote and you went after the vending machine.
Okay so lots of words have been said, but I don't think whoosh's claim was bad bad? Just kind of weird there? And maybe we should just stop fucking with the vending machine instead of killing it or whatever.
Arright guys who's ready for a whole lotta vending?????

Sruixan inserts 1000 yen unplugged.
Ka-chunk! A large thermos lookin' thing is dispensed. It's warm to the touch, and the front of the thermos is labelled "Not Entirely Unlike Tea".
Sruixan recieves Not Entirely Unlike Tea

Piester puts in an ancient coin, after plugging the machine back in. He then yells at it a bunch.
The machine stays silent for a bit, but after a few seconds, you hear the familiar ka-chunk! The receiving tray contains a purple stone bottle with a sort of cork in the top. It's in some sort of language you can't recognize, but the design is not entirely dissimilar to Grape Fanta. There is a diagram near the cork, showing some sort of pointed stick being inserted into it, perhaps to open it. The cork itself seems to already have a hole in it.
Piester recieves Mysterious Ancient Fanta

almost skipped over this whoops
Wiwaxia unplugs the machine and inserts 50, 50, 50, and then 100 imaginary yen. In order, they recieve...
An invisible lollipop. Somewhat similar to the caltrops you think.
An unlabelled sack of individual candies, which you can only tell are there because of the sugar coating them. The candy is invisible, the sugar is not.
A single wrapped stick of gum. A cartoon is depicted on the front, with a kid laughing at another kid who seems to be disappearing, who has a confused expression on his face. It simply says "Fool Your Friends!" on the back. There is no other labelling.
A small, clear jar. It appears empty, but a label on the side says "Aunt Tally's Homemade Premium Oxygen."
Wiwaxia takes Invisible Lollipop, Five Cent Invisible Candies, Vanishing Gum, and Aunt Tally's Homemade Premium Oxygen.

(this is about where i kept getting distracted, so sorry for taking so long)

whoosh! puts in a rather horrifying fleshy 5000 Yen note.
The vending machine makes a few grindy and whirring noises and then Ka-splat! In the receiving tray is a large chunk of flesh, expanding and contracting slowly. Tattoo'd onto the flesh are slogans like "Full of vitamins" and "Cruelty Free!" There's a label on it in a language that isn't in any language that you can recognize, even vaguely.
Whoosh! receives Vita-Flesh

Sruixan puts in more money, 2000 Yen this time.
Kachunk! In the receiving tray is a red two litre bottle of soda. It has a red label, with the words "Caustic Cola" across the front. Above those words it declares it is "Surprisingly Corrosive."
Sruixan receives Caustic Cola.

myw doesn't put in any sort of coin. Dunno what coin he's talking about.

Red puts in a single arcade token.
For several minutes, you can hear pinball noises coming from within the machine. When you hear a third failure sound, what appears to be one of those silver coke-balls comes out of the receiving tray.
Red receives Coke Pinball

This time myw actually has something to put into the machine: A Japanese credit card.
The card is eaten by the machine's bill slot, and the machine goes Kachunk!
In the receiving tray is a metal box with a button on it. Laser-etched into it is a mix of Japanese and English. The English is sort of couched in there, but it includes words like "PERSONAL CREDIT", "DELICIOUS ETERNALLY" and "ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS"
There's a small receiving tray on the side.
Myw received the Snackbox

Purple Walrus spends a while putting in 400 single yen coins.
kachunkachunkachunkachunkachunkachunka
A whole pile of needles is in the receiving slot, followed by a broken bag with a label. "Xbolgan's Flavored Needles!" "It hurts so good!" a monstrous squid child exclaims.
Purple Walrus very carefully recieves Xbolgan's Flavored Needles

Sruixan's back again with more moneys. 3000 this time.
Kachunk! In the recieving tray is a wrapped package with a timer on it. The timer reads five minutes, and is counting down. Through a plastic window in the package you can see what looks something like Chex Mix, combined with little flecks of bugs. It looks like all the labelling is in Cuneiform. The design on the package shows a surprised person eying the timer while shoveling the mix into his mouth as quickly as possible.
Sruixan recieved A Timely Snack

bigro scrawls an amount of money onto a piece of paper.
Kachunk!
Bigro recieves a piece of paper labelled "A Delicious Snack"

OKAY THERE WE GO votals coming shortly
Wait, there's a mafia game here? I thought this was a game where you try and get as many items as possible.

Anyhow, as... unfriendly as whoosh's kind-of-claim was, I really don't see how it's scummy. Anti-townish? Sure. Concerning? Sure. But I don't see how it could increase the chances of whoosh being scum. Especially in a game such as this one.
(06-25-2013, 02:10 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »On a srs note, what exactly is so terrible about Whoosh's claim? She's pretty heavily going 'I'm some sort of luck based granny thing' I don't think that's too questionable?

(06-25-2013, 03:14 AM)LegendaryQ Wrote: »Anyhow, as... unfriendly as whoosh's kind-of-claim was, I really don't see how it's scummy. Anti-townish? Sure. Concerning? Sure. But I don't see how it could increase the chances of whoosh being scum. Especially in a game such as this one.

BECAUSE I HAVE THE SAME ROLE

(and mine is town)

in other news

Mirdini inserts LARGE NOVELTY CHECK FOR 10,000 YEN into VENDING MACHINE
Okay so here are the traditional votals, sponsored by SCP-261.

Granolaman's Corpse: 1 (Garuru)
The Vending Machine Itself: 3 (Red709, Sruixan, piester)
Red709: 2 (Schazer, soundlyParanoid)
whoosh!: 2 (Mirdini, Kieros)
Wiwaxia: 1 (FelixSparks)
Kieros: 1 (Palamedes)

With 20 people alive, it takes 11 to hard lynch, and 6 to soft lynch.

and there we have it

you may continue along with your shenanigans and arguing about what makes a clusterfuck game
(I have nothing against silliness and items except when it is SO DISTRACTING IT FORCES ME TO STRAIGHT CLAIM BECAUSE NO-ONE READS MY POSTS)
EBWOP: :3 (I am not annoyed so much as mildly exasperated)
I put in 200 more amazingly new yen and hope for some candy! Some nice, non-lethal candy. I plug in the machine first.

Look, all I'm saying. Is that I have no idea what I'm saying. Those thorns seem a bit dangerous though.
(06-25-2013, 03:22 AM)Mirdini Wrote: »BECAUSE I HAVE THE SAME ROLE
Okay, how do you know that it's the same SCP? There are tonnes of them, and I'd hazard a lot of them would be bad, because they're bloody SCPs. So basically any passive SCP would have a role that would be broadcast the same way.
(06-25-2013, 03:42 AM)Kíeros Wrote: »Okay, how do you know that it's the same SCP? There are tonnes of them, and I'd hazard a lot of them would be bad, because they're bloody SCPs. So basically any passive SCP would have a role that would be broadcast the same way.

It's probably not the same SCP but I, too, am a guy who if people visit me ~magical things~ happen if they get lucky

what do people think are the chances of two so similar roles being the same alignment @_@

I mean it's certainly possible whoosh's ('just') a third party but the possibility she's scum is certainly significantly above non-zero in my opinion

I mean if people really don't want to lynch whoosh for some reason sure we can go after someone else but I'd certainly recommend not visiting her - hell I don't even mind if you don't visit me too <:D

in other news where's my novelty check reward
So I'm thinking the only potentially useful snacks of this lot are the Vanishing Gum (invisibility?) and the Caustic Cola. Maybe the Vita-Flesh (healing???)? I assume the Snackbox is like a mini-261 or something.
A Timely Snack might be some sorta bomb, I wouldn't put it past 261.

So, uh, the whole Mirdini/Whoosh thing. It seems a little odd that there'd be two of the exact same role, especially in this game. One of them might be lying? Or they're just superficially similar, I dunno.

Vote: Mirdini