Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Three: Forgotten Whispers]
After Watson lands the kick, his head turns back and he sees Bohw and Thunderpaw trifling. It's as if it was all in slow motion as they both passed out. "THUD" was all he could hear as both of their bodies dropped to the ground.

Watson's expression drops in melancholy and then slowly twists into anger. "SAVANNAH! ASSIST THEM!" Watson shouts back as he tries to beat the prime hunter to the north exit and tackles it into the north-east corner.
Savannah didn't really process Watson's shout, as she was already leaping over Mayor's head and off of his shoulders. She gave the golem's hand a quick tug and shouted "C'mon!". She ran over to the two, looking Bohw over and casting a healing spell on the battered Thunderpaw.
In the same motion, Mayor bolts forward and runs to Bohw and Thunderpaw's aid as fast as a golem possibly can.

However, Bohw seems to of taken it all a bit better than last time, whimpering and sobbing she curls up on the ground trying to gather her senses. Mayor comes to her side, his eyes sparking with a furious light and his vague expression almost looks as if he was on the verge of tears.

Bohw gives a simple wave to show that she's fine, rejecting anyone's support and crawling to her knees by herself.

(Gonna wait on Masterblade before I get a full action in.)
(Aren't I knocked out again?)

(Also, that recovery activation might be nice)
(Oh, I just doubled checked, yes, yes you are. Is that the 3rd time now? Guess angry shoutings at Thunderpaw will have to wait then.)

Mayor, getting shoved away by Bohw at every advance, attempts to "gently" shake Thunderpaw awake. Gently being as gentle as a massive, clumsy wall of steel can be.

Bohw slumps up against a wall and loads the Vinewood Crossbow, biting her lip and hiding her face in the process.
Nos starts to clap as Bohw strikes Thunderpaw down, then slowly stops as absolutely nobody else does so. "What? The punk was trying to get in the way of Bohw's fun. He got what was coming to him, right? Right?" Nos shakes his head, going 'tut-tut' under his breath.
(05-08-2013, 12:51 AM)MasterBlade Wrote: »(Aren't I knocked out again?)

yes now stop getting yourself into situations where i can legitly to that to you its too tempting
[Image: darksun1.png]

(05-07-2013, 07:55 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »After Watson lands the kick, his head turns back and he sees Bohw and Thunderpaw trifling. It's as if it was all in slow motion as they both passed out. "THUD" was all he could hear as both of their bodies dropped to the ground.

Watson's expression drops in melancholy and then slowly twists into anger. "SAVANNAH! ASSIST THEM!" Watson shouts back as he tries to beat the prime hunter to the north exit and tackles it into the north-east corner.

You try to tackle the prime hunter, but the tail is making it impossible to trip him up. You give up trying to tackle him and just punch him in the face instead, thusly bashing his skull in for 495 damage (roll 15+5+2, crit). He falls to the ground, dropping his runespear, hissing something that could be either curse or prayer as he dies.

(05-07-2013, 11:04 PM)SupahKiven Wrote: »Savannah didn't really process Watson's shout, as she was already leaping over Mayor's head and off of his shoulders. She gave the golem's hand a quick tug and shouted "C'mon!". She ran over to the two, looking Bohw over and casting a healing spell on the battered Thunderpaw.

You heal him for 150 health, focusing mostly on restoring him to consciousness (roll 4+4+2).

(05-08-2013, 12:51 AM)MasterBlade Wrote: »(Aren't I knocked out again?)

Nope not anymore!

And why yes your second wind has not procced yet if that was what you meant. All the better, in my opinion. Heehee.

Stats
SpoilerShow

Map:
SpoilerShow
Watson examines and picks up the spear. He then walks over to the group and Bohw.
The second Thunderpaw woke up, he too slumped into a corner of the room, opposite to Bohw, staring into space again. Least his eyes weren't glowy or anything, thats progress.

He spends time time attempting to recover his strength.
(05-09-2013, 07:53 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Watson examines and picks up the spear. He then walks over to the group and Bohw.

Sunguard Runespear
+2 hit
Grants the ability Runeguard.
Runeguard: Each turn, you gain an absorption shield for 100 points, stacking up to 500. At the end of the effect, any remaining shield is lost. Lasts 5 turns. 20 Cd.
Fine runes are carved along the lenght of this white wooden spear, the intrinsic craftsmanship belying the otherwise primitive weapon. A pair of colorful feathers are tied with a string near the tip.
Savannah rolls back onto her heels as Thunderpaw slumps off. She shoots a look at Mayor and Nos. "...Alrighty then." She runs a hand through her hair exasperatedly and speaks up. "So you two. How's about we get up and find a way out of here before we waste away?"
SpoilerShow

Mayor blinks in confusion, unsure why he's getting glared at by Savannah. Entirely unsettled with the situation, but relieved that Thunderpaw is still alive, Mayor goes over to Bohw to attempt comforting her again.

Upon seeing the golem edging towards her however, Bohw scowls at him and rises to her feet, holstering the vinewood crossbow. Mayor is even further unsettled, now trying to figure out why everyone's giving him the evil eye.

With a dull expression Bohw walks over to the others, taking her hat out of her side bag and unflattening it with a flick of the wrist. Donning the hat and pulling it forwards tightly, shadowing most of her face in the poor light, then just stands there, arms folded, in an increasingly painful silence that drags on way longer than it should.

"Right then."

Bohw claps her hands together and places them on her waist, issuing an order. "You lot go on up ahead, try not to get murdered and we'll catch up in jiffy. Forgive me but I think it would be best if us two just had a moment to ourselves. I kinda want to talk to him for a moment, in private, I'm sure you can understand."

She pauses to glance over at Nos for a moment, then turning full attention to Savannah. "Girl, I trust you can keep everyone in check, as for Nos... same thing, keep him in check. Get Mayor to help if anyone tries causing any trouble."

Mayor straightens up, showing even more signs of concern. He approaches Bohw once more and shakes his head, pointing at himself, Bohw and then the ground attempting to convey that he would much rather stay here with them. She seems to get the message, to which she responds with a piercing glare, Mayor shrinks back, nodding dejectedly and slumping back to join the others.

"We'll be fine, I promise. Focus on the task at hand here, not us."
(05-10-2013, 11:25 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

What the bloody *insert cursewords here* do you think i have been trying to invoke the last few years?
You pound on the left wall of your cell.
"Oi! Anyone there?"
(05-10-2013, 04:29 PM)chimericWilder Wrote: »
(05-10-2013, 11:25 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

What the bloody *insert cursewords here* do you think i have been trying to invoke the last few years?

There is happy character development, and there is sad character development. It might not be enjoyable, but for any good character it is inevitable. And you know what? People are only gunna come out of it stronger.
Savannah stands up straight. "Yeah, alright sure." She scratches the back of her head nervously, glancing at Bohw and Thunderpaw. "Don't worry, I'll make sure none of 'em die." She averts her gaze, choosing to stare at the ceiling. Goodness, this was awkward. Whatever. Savannah stalks back over to where her knife lay, snatching it up and slipping it back into her pocket. "So uh... yeah." She turns to face Mayor, Nos, and Watson. "Let's go you sods. We ain't got all day." And with that, Savannah marches into the northern hallway.
Watson heads with Savannah, spear in hand and a grim expression on his face.
"Bah." Nos, looking annoyed now, glares at Savannah for a moment, then groans and plods after her. Stealing a last glance back at Bohw and Mayor, he sighs and twirls his fingers around. Black lines of magic fall from his fingers and gradually form the shape of a spectral scythe, which once completed he holds tightly as he follows the others.

((I was trying that characterization thing but I guess 'twas too subtle. Oh well!))
(05-10-2013, 04:57 PM)sjasogun Wrote: »You pound on the left wall of your cell.
"Oi! Anyone there?"

Im surprised you remembered that actually

Hitting the solid granite wall doesnt seem to have any effect beyond making your fist hurt a good deal. Fortunately, the guy on your left can still hear you through the bar.

"Wha'? Oh, splendid, company!"

An old man hobbles up to the bars, trying to peek around the wall to your cell.

"Please! Tell me of outside!"

He seems rather desperate all of a sudden.

(05-11-2013, 12:49 AM)Dais Wrote: »"Bah." Nos, looking annoyed now, glares at Savannah for a moment, then groans and plods after her. Stealing a last glance back at Bohw and Mayor, he sighs and twirls his fingers around. Black lines of magic fall from his fingers and gradually form the shape of a spectral scythe, which once completed he holds tightly as he follows the others.

((I was trying that characterization thing but I guess 'twas too subtle. Oh well!))

SpoilerShow

You conjure a magical bladed stick for yourself! If it wasnt for its intangible nature you could almost pretend you never lost the original. It wont last forever, though (roll 17+5).

(05-10-2013, 06:25 PM)SupahKiven Wrote: »Savannah stands up straight. "Yeah, alright sure." She scratches the back of her head nervously, glancing at Bohw and Thunderpaw. "Don't worry, I'll make sure none of 'em die." She averts her gaze, choosing to stare at the ceiling. Goodness, this was awkward. Whatever. Savannah stalks back over to where her knife lay, snatching it up and slipping it back into her pocket. "So uh... yeah." She turns to face Mayor, Nos, and Watson. "Let's go you sods. We ain't got all day." And with that, Savannah marches into the northern hallway.

The party, minus Bohw and Thunderpaw, continues on its way. The hallway soon turns into a set of stairs, going upwards. Looking up, you can see that the stairs continue all the way into the ceiling, stopping there. Whats up with that?
"I think it's quite reasonable to simply blast through the ceiling. Nos, I nominate you."
Savannah puts her hands on her hips. "Now hold on a moment. As much as I'd like to see an explosion, I'm pretty sure the people who made this place aren't stupid enough to build a damn wall in the middle of the flippin' staircase. Maybe we should, I dunno, look around?" She prods the left wall for abnormalities.
Thunderpaw, still recovering himself, uses his Ankh of Regeneration to speed up the process.

"Aye girl, do you want to start, or should I?"
Mayor follows Savannah and begins examining the right wall.

Bohw watches the others walk off, when they are all out of earshot, she sighs and shakes her head before turning to Thunderpaw.

"First off, are you okay? I didn't hit you that hard, did I?"

She winces after saying this, quickly amending her statement. "Alright, I did hit you that hard, but, you, I didn't... Oh gods."

Bohw places her face in her hands and groans, then groans again, having bloodied her face with her hands still covered in naga blood. Bohw just lets her arms fall to her side and walks up to Thunderpaw, sitting down in front of him.

"Look, Thunderpaw, I ain't gonna beat around the bush here. Daril, is dead. I have come to terms with that, he died for the cause and he was properly avenged."

Bohw sighs and looks down, playing with her fingers. "And, I-... I'm certain you've already guessed so I'll just say this outright, the fact that I had... Feelings, for him is not... ahm... is irrelevant, I miss him but I'm stronger than that... I suppose its better that I never did tell him, in the end."

She shakes her head and looks back up. "But I'm getting off topic here, if you take me for some grieving teenage girl crying over love of all things, I've honestly lost a bit of respect for you. No, my grief comes from the brief moment of rage that turned me into a horrible monster, that act awakened a curse inside all of my people, a beacon to my spiteful gods, even now I can hear a whisper rolling around in the back of my head, soon the whisper will be joined by others, they will start wailing, shouting, and before too long..."

Bohw's expression turns grim and mournful as she leans forwards.
"I am trying my best to control it, but I can't. I am not a hero, I am a liability."

EDIT:
SpoilerShow
[Image: darksun1.png]

SpoilerShow

(05-11-2013, 10:51 PM)SupahKiven Wrote: »Savannah puts her hands on her hips. "Now hold on a moment. As much as I'd like to see an explosion, I'm pretty sure the people who made this place aren't stupid enough to build a damn wall in the middle of the flippin' staircase. Maybe we should, I dunno, look around?" She prods the left wall for abnormalities.

There doesnt seem to be anything special about the wall. As you get closer to the stair, though, you notice that the area where the staircase meets the ceiling looks like it has some kind of hatch or something.

Well that explains some things doesnt it.

(05-12-2013, 03:46 AM)MasterBlade Wrote: »Thunderpaw, still recovering himself, uses his Ankh of Regeneration to speed up the process.

"Aye girl, do you want to start, or should I?"

You own no such thing as an ankh of regeneration, nor do you have an ability called regeneration, hence why nothing happened last turn.

Instead you activate your Sigil of Restoration, healing yourself for 240 health!

By the way, Mael is still in the room. He seems to be waking up, though you probably have another few moments.

Stats
SpoilerShow

Map:
SpoilerShow