[Cosmosdex] : Redux Error Train

[Cosmosdex] : Redux Error Train
RE: [Cosmosdex] Minor:11/2 Talk Species to me
(11-03-2016, 04:55 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »Question: Do attributes that boost stats count towards the initial 26? Like, if I gave a species [Charismatic], could I technically register their "average Charisma" stat as a 1, but have it always show up as a 10 in reality, affording me more stat points to distribute elsewhere? And can the "Special Trait" be yellow or purple in nature?

[Charismatic] is only allowed in combination with controller traits like [Moodmeter]. A character can't have the charismatic trait on its own. This means [Charismatic] won't be active unless a certain condition is met. For instance with [Moodmeter] a character might only recieve the stat boost if they're sad.
@DetectiveCaillou

As fellow said [Charismatic] is only allowed with [Moodmeter] or any other controller trait (I do believe we only have 1 other one and it's for another species)

The reason being is that [Charismatic] is an OP trait so it must always be balanced out by another trait using [Moodmeter] such as [FlameCaller] or [Irredeemable].

From the sounds of it [Inattentive] and [Space Cadet] would fall under each other as [Inattentive] says

"This character has issues keeping their attention on something. They will commonly lose concentration and become unable to get it back."

But doesn't note why it's hard, just that they lose it, so I figure it's close enough to match.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
Contractors submitted.

And yeah; "Demon" and "Bloodsucker" are both sort of derogatory terms.
"If I had more time I would have written a shorter letter." - Blaise Pascal
i submitted this cockroach species thing: https://cosmosdex.com/cosmosdex/submissi...s/kloegarb

if you require a reference image, here you go:

SpoilerShow

(i sorta messed up on the social class, it'll say Social Class: Class: Bottom Class, fix it if you can, the correct classing would be Bottom Class by the way)

(also i gave them 15 intelligence because geckos can have more then 10 and i just put two and two together, heres the better updated stats
Strength: 4

Intelligence: 10

Charisma: 2

Endurance: 2

Agility: 5

Luck: 3

sorry for messing those two things up, if you could also fix the stats that would be great)
(11-04-2016, 12:36 AM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »Contractors (https://cosmosdex.com/cosmosdex/submissi...ontractors ) submitted.

And yeah; "Demon" and "Bloodsucker" are both sort of derogatory terms.

(How do you make a named link, again?)

Insert hyperlink, my man.
- Mandgi now have art by the GreenMeanZombieQueen

Sea angels accepted. Temp home here. Changes below
- I met you half way on [GOSH DARNED FUCKING ADORABLE] changed it to [ADORABLE]
- Added "Sea angel religion is hard to pin point, they seem to keep any gods they worship to themselves. From certain statues found under the seas of certain sea angel planets it seems they hold some honor in a god, but most sea angels will tell anyone who believes that, that the statues are in honor of a great hero." Because it was missing.

Kloegarb accepted. Temp home here. Changes below.
- This isn't a change but I am giving kloegarbs the stamp of approval to be like gecks and break the 10 max stat barrier for int.

@DetectiveCaillou

Hey your species is looking pretty cool! I wanted to ask you before I change your species if it's alright to give them a "main" species. Aka the original ones. Possibly the ones who originally started this "infection" of sorts. If that's cool with you just say so and I'll put it in.

Annnnnnd as normal here's everyone who got accepted species drawn up!

[Image: 3xSHdWY.png]

[Image: dgLTPa5.png]

[Image: RX9i1qU.png]

[Image: G9ODe2K.png]

[Image: bdXU7n2.png]
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
RE: [Cosmosdex] Minor:11/5 Talk Species to me
>kloegarbs getting accepted

I would like to thank the acamedy of mspa forum applications, such as that one minecraft homestuck server and my friend bo
(11-05-2016, 05:08 AM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »@DetectiveCaillou

Hey your species is looking pretty cool! I wanted to ask you before I change your species if it's alright to give them a "main" species. Aka the original ones. Possibly the ones who originally started this "infection" of sorts. If that's cool with you just say so and I'll put it in.

I was wondering if Pluto started it himself? Or do you have other plans for him? If that can't happen (and ONLY if that can't happen), then maybe the guys that started it would look... devilish? Like... Gah, it'd be hard to describe a potential "alpha" species that doesn't sound like "Mors, organic edition", since he basically has all of the "devil" archetypes going for him (minus blood red carapace in favor of metal plating).

(BTW, the "infection" definitely isn't as contagious as Clockwork; it has to be consensual (or... at least signed as saying so >:3c). (And yes, they never perform Recruitment in public; they say that outsiders go mad when they witness the transformation.))

(And yeah, I was super worried about this looking too much like Clockwork (probably in the same way you were worried about Clockwork looking too much like the tired, generic monster archetypes we all know and possibly love).)

EDIT: Also, Gime; I trust you to make the contracts look like they make more sense than I made them look in my submission. ^_^;

So... Are contractors officially "in" like all the other cool kids?
Kaikians and their homeworld submitted.

I know their special isn't the greatest, I won't be insulted if you decide to change it c:

Also, while I had all of the history and behaviors seperated into paraghraphs, for some reason they arn't that way on the actual page. Is it like HTML where you just have to put in a br tag? sorry for my noobishness
@DetectiveCaillou

I doodled out sort of what maybe the original contractors may look like,,, Im a big fan of this concept honestly I hope this helps any!

SpoilerShow
Fate....
Destiny.....
Fatestiny......
People throw these words around like tennis balls. But I eat balls for breakfast.
(11-05-2016, 08:51 PM)GreenMeanZombieQueen Wrote: »@DetectiveCaillou

I doodled out sort of what maybe the original contractors may look like,,, Im a big fan of this concept honestly I hope this helps any!

SpoilerShow

That's pretty cool! Although my application did mention that the heads remain pretty much identical to their pre-Recruitment versions, and with the heavy dresswear (possibly with gloves and shoes), it actually takes some effort to identify them (minus the obvious tell of them producing a reality-altering contract). Maybe there's something subtle in the eyes...?

... Then again, your idea looks *almost* cool enough to overide my previous establishment... Maybe I'll leave it up to Gime to decide which is better?

EDIT: Gime, if you do decide to do the whole "Pluto started it" thing, then maybe GMZQ's "original" could be what Pluto looks like? (We've yet to see a truly traditional "Lord of Hell" looking god. XD)
https://cosmosdex.com/cosmosdex/submissions/uthenia

heres the kloegarb homeplanet

i may've made a few typos (or maybe just one i'm not sure)

(also heres the images for kloeber and klougart)

kloeber on the left and klougart on the right:
SpoilerShow

(i don't mind if you change the desgin up by the way, go nuts with the kloegarb/kloeber/klougart desgins)
(11-05-2016, 08:58 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »That's pretty cool! Although my application did mention that the heads remain pretty much identical to their pre-Recruitment versions, and with the heavy dresswear (possibly with gloves and shoes), it actually takes some effort to identify them (minus the obvious tell of them producing a reality-altering contract). Maybe there's something subtle in the eyes...?

Aw heck I forgot that detail X( Im sorry omg
then maybe a little more like this?

SpoilerShow

I'd hate for your original ideas to get lost honestly
Fate....
Destiny.....
Fatestiny......
People throw these words around like tennis balls. But I eat balls for breakfast.
@DetectiveCaillou

Oooooooh I'm really digging what the Zombie Queen has done (Also it's what I thought they looked like!) So if you don't mind I'll go with this version. With their high Charisma and [Persuasive] + [Manipulative] combo they should be able to trick most species in to thinking "They just got a condition" or "Oh some of our species just happen to look like this."

Or maybe they just got a slight transformation thing going on? Though it'd be nice to avoid more transforming species and there are so many species running around I'm sure most aliens wouldn't question them too far. (Def seeing as the concept of demons, the way we know them as, is not a concept in fortuna.)

Non important Pluto and Hades ramble here.
SpoilerShow

Also yeah your guys are approved as soon as I write an additional paragraph to add to them.
(11-05-2016, 09:55 PM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »@DetectiveCaillou

Oooooooh I'm really digging what the Zombie Queen has done (Also it's what I thought they looked like!) So if you don't mind I'll go with this version. With their high Charisma and [Persuasive] + [Manipulative] combo they should be able to trick most species in to thinking "They just got a condition" or "Oh some of our species just happen to look like this."

Or maybe they just got a slight transformation thing going on? Though it'd be nice to avoid more transforming species and there are so many species running around I'm sure most aliens wouldn't question them too far. (Def seeing as the concept of demons, the way we know them as, is not a concept in fortuna.)

Maybe transformation isn't right for them. I say go right ahead with ZQ's first idea (though maybe make it slightly more subtle/less blatant). (I liked it better than their second drawing, anyway.) But keep the idea of Pluto being the one that started them with no "original" species or homeworld.

(11-05-2016, 09:55 PM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »Non important Pluto and Hades ramble here.
SpoilerShow

Yeah, I was sure of Pluto the whole time. Can he keep ZQ's "original species" design anyway, or did you already have a design in mind?

(11-05-2016, 09:55 PM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »Also yeah your guys are approved as soon as I write an additional paragraph to add to them.

YUSH
Itzels have been submitted
@wyatt
I just noticed you you noticed the stat thing, would you like me to change the stat of the species to what you had before?

@DetectiveCaillou
Sure I have a Pluto design but I can swap it and change it to fit another god. I can make Pluto look a bit more like contractors.

Sea angel home planet added. Temp home here. Edits below.

-Medium, if you can breathe water. "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING" if you can't. > Medium, if you can breathe water. "Suffocatingly high" if you can't.
- To be a planet for the water crisis to affect > Sea Angel home planet.
- [Underwater] > Underwater

Kaikians added. Temp home here. Edits below.

- In melee combat they will usually try to cause their opponent to lose their balance while they retreat and engage Ignorance, Stupidity, Drama > (Was unable to tell if this was a mistake so I changed it to this, tell me if I should change it back.) In melee combat they will usually try to cause their opponent to lose their balance while they retreat and engage those who show ignorance or stupidity.
- If you have better nicknames please tell me I just put whatever I could think of.

Inteligo added. Temp home here. Edits below.

- No big edit other then lower casing a few names.

Uthenia added. Temp home here. Edits below.

- Few spellings corrected.
- Xushuerias sector name is Sector-STAR, possibly because of it being incredibly important, seeing how it hosts the mother and military, or maybe its because it's the capital? > Xushueria's sector name is Sector-STAR, because of it being incredibly important as it hosts the mother and military.

Contractors added. Temp home here. Edits below.

- Whole Physical Description has been changed and added to.
- Pluto changed to "Unknown" in god section.
- There's a lot of edits you'll just have to read the app.

(( Note if I haven't gotten around to your app it hasn't been rejected, I'm just doing things by sections. ))

((Also I will start approving the non new species apps that I see popping up when the species stream starts to lessen))
(11-06-2016, 05:03 AM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »Kaikians added. Temp home here. Edits below.

- In melee combat they will usually try to cause their opponent to lose their balance while they retreat and engage Ignorance, Stupidity, Drama > (Was unable to tell if this was a mistake so I changed it to this, tell me if I should change it back.) In melee combat they will usually try to cause their opponent to lose their balance while they retreat and engage those who show ignorance or stupidity.
- If you have better nicknames please tell me I just put whatever I could think of.

The ignorance, stupidity, and drama thing was just a typo, I meant to put that in the Dislikes category, but accidentally overwrote the last part of the fighting style instead. It should be:

"In melee combat they will usually try to cause their opponent to lose their balance while they retreat and engage from afar."

As for the nicknames, I like them a lot :)

Edit: I looked back at the page and noticed the quote you added. I absolutely love it Happymelon
(11-06-2016, 05:03 AM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »Contractors added. Temp home here. Edits below.

- Whole Physical Description has been changed and added to.
- Pluto changed to "Unknown" in god section.
- There's a lot of edits you'll just have to read the app.

Some last minute edits/comments:

- What images will you be using, if not ZQ's first drawings?

- Add ", with a heavy focus on self-defense grabs and disarming techniques. Recruited contractors may incorporate elements of their prior species' styles into their fighting." onto the end of their fighting style section.

- Did you mean Thanatos when you added Tartarus to the patron list? If so, I'm not sure he's such a good match for the race that totes subtlety as their primary weapon. (Also, who is Nyx?)

- If the traditional concept of "demons" doesn't exist here, then maybe the "Demons" nickname should be replaced with something like "Suits".

- I see you did away with the whole "secretly don't need to eat" bit. Not sure how I feel about that, though I suppose it would work as trivia.

I swear this'll be it from me. I dunno, I kinda... sort of care a lot about this race, but it's not really my "baby" in that I'd be unable to do anything not-stupid with them outside of Fortuna, myself?
@cmdrcade
Sure thing I'll fix up that error right away then!

@DetectiveCaillou
Images can be provided by people or whenever I feel like getting around to it. Most species do not have any artwork currently. I put The Zombie Queen's picture in the gallery (after asking them via pm) as it doesn't fit display picture rules but it fits gallery rules!

Will do!

Tartarus is a god being punished endlessly for his actions, as well as the place people are sent to be punished for their actions, figured that fits, mainly with their deals causing semi punishments and them being related to the kings of the underworld. (Where Tartarus is)

- I try to avoid having too many species who do not eat unless there's a reeeeeeeally good reason for it, such as them being made out of rock or being extrals which are more like computer bugs, as not eating can sadly be a little op when it comes to having someone on the crew. Sorry about that!
@Gimeurcookie

I made an addition to the fighting style addition, and added something about a contradiction of culture that we had inadvertently created.

(11-06-2016, 06:24 AM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »- I try to avoid having too many species who do not eat unless there's a reeeeeeeally good reason for it, such as them being made out of rock or being extrals which are more like computer bugs, as not eating can sadly be a little op when it comes to having someone on the crew. Sorry about that!

Ah, I see. I was thinking that while they didn't need to eat, that wouldn't help you on a functional level, since they still insist that they *do* need to eat, and will react negatively to you trying to "starve" them. Also, they aren't very loyal, so if people start dropping dead, they'll- Yeah, this thing I'm pushing for is sounding stupider and stupider the more I think about it.
Goopmicks submitted, find them over here.
carrots are good for your body
(also the smog in the air of Uthenia gave them endurance because they got used to it but ok it killing off the weak will do too)

(but seriously could you edit to be like: "They adapted to the smog and gained a tiny bit of endurance." or anything like that? thanks)
Stakil fauna submitted.
I have all the stats below 10, but I have some suggestions in parenthesis if you decide to let their endurance go higher than that.
If you do accept them, please add them to the list of Fauna on Inteliga c:
I do have the Agility and Endurance stats swapped (oops!), and in the first sentence of the phyisical description, please remove the "rather" from "rather well known" as it contradicts "infamous"

Also submitted the Quotillics and Demioti

If you need a visual reference for either of them, let me know and I'll use my absolutely horrible drawing skills to draw them up.

also here's a terrible sketch of a Kaikian if you need it
but its terrible

SpoilerShow

Also, for the Quotillics I have a bit of history for them but didn't want to spoil it by putting it in the Cosmodex for everyone to just look at and say "Oh, neat history, mystery ruined though". If you want I'll PM you with it.
the Itzel homeworld Jaron has been submitted