Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Three: Forgotten Whispers]
Its not moving backwards i just forgot that the penalty is larger than the bonus, not the other way around. Then i corrected it.
Question. Would it be a bad idea to go Hellbent and then do a madness dance?
well if you roll badly you'll probably kill everyone

and if you dont youll kill all the enemies instead

actually im a little scared of this dualtech
((Okay yeah it's pretty much what I thought it would be. So I can only say that popping Hellbent would be perfectly in the spirit of Nos- on a really big scale if Chim's right.l))
Mayor grabs the Naga that he just punched by the neck. Not as an attack but an attempt to cancel out it's turn.

Bohw stands slumped over staring at the ground, completely still if not for the occasional twitch and purple sparks building up around her. She does not respond to Nos' ramblings, neither does she even turn to him. When Nos offers his hand to dance however, Bohw drops her crossbow and spins around to Nos with a twisted grin all over her face.

She grabs Nos' hand and pulls him towards her as Bohw's skin darkens and a black aura engulfs the two.

"Sure, let's dance!"

((I'll choose Dance C in the hopes that it will cure some of the insanity Bohw will inherit. Also because Nos is hurt and currently got a debuff.))
[Image: darksun1.png]

(04-29-2013, 07:56 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Watson carries Thunderpaw to the safest place possible.

You try to pick up Thunderpaw, but as you do, he begins glowing with light and his eyes spring open! He bounds to his feet, alert, a sword of light materializing in his hands!

(04-29-2013, 08:08 PM)SupahKiven Wrote: »"Tch." Savannah clicks her tongue. She wasn't sure why she did that, it's her favorite knife. She'll have to find that later. With a glance to the escaped naga, Savannah casts Aromatherapy using the thorny plants she grew before.

You convert the thorn cage into something much more beneficial, then use your magic to allow your allies to benefit from the essential oils, healing everyone for 150 health! (Roll 13+7)

You can see your knife from your perch atop Mayor, so finding it shouldnt be much of an issue, really.

(04-29-2013, 08:48 PM)Dais Wrote: »Nos wobbles and takes a couple steps backwards, about to fall over. Arms waving and balance teetering comically he starts gasping for air. Suddenly he freezes up completely. After a second he takes a slow, deep, (calming) breath. Then, he races over towards Bohw, all excited-like.

"Hey. HEY! Girl. Bohw, or whatever. Look look, they got so many spellcasters over there!" He points towards the Naga Priestess and her copies enthusiastically. "But you 'n me, you 'n me, we can take them in one move. We just gotta do this 'n this 'n this 'n this..." he starts making random spastic movements while holding out his arms, clearly making up dance steps on the spot. Finally he gives up on it and extends a hand towards Bohw for the Madness Dance. "Whaddya say? I bet we can make them explode or something while we're at it."

SpoilerShow

(05-01-2013, 12:27 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »Mayor grabs the Naga that he just punched by the neck. Not as an attack but an attempt to cancel out it's turn.

Bohw stands slumped over staring at the ground, completely still if not for the occasional twitch and purple sparks building up around her. She does not respond to Nos' ramblings, neither does she even turn to him. When Nos offers his hand to dance however, Bohw drops her crossbow and spins around to Nos with a twisted grin all over her face.

She grabs Nos' hand and pulls him towards her as Bohw's skin darkens and a black aura engulfs the two.

"Sure, let's dance!"

Bohw takes Nos' hand as she crackles with power. In a surge of dark magic, she propels herself and Nos towards the unsuspecting priestess, she slashing at the priestess and Nos swings his huge hammer, not caring if he strikes illusions or the real thing - the arc of his blow encompasses all three. Bohw whirls around Nos in a mad aerial dance, carried by her innate levitation spell. She raises one hand at the wounded priestess, blasting her with purple death lightning and finishing her off! Next, she pulls the three naga javelins stuck in herself out carelessly, casting them at the remaining naga with her magic! Nos takes the opportunity to set the javelins on fire. Two of the naga are impaled, clutching at the burning spears sprouting from their chests before collapsing! The last naga carries on, flaming javelin stuck in her tail.

T-T-T-T-RIPPLE KILL! A total of 1890 damage was done.

---

The Blood-warrior assaults Mayor, but he is able to hold off the attack.

The Prime Hunter continues his assault on Mael! He lands a nasty blow for 210 damage.

Mael retaliates with an aggressive sword slash, nearly taking off the naga's arm, if not for that runic barrier. He deals 315 damage (roll 2+5, crit).

The spear-maiden charges at Mayor, using his distraction and her spear to reach Savannah, stabbing her for 206 damage!

Stats
SpoilerShow

Map:
SpoilerShow
((So I just got back from some tense school work presenting-junk, and I gotta say this is just about the best thing to come back to.
Mind you though, I'm really surprised that we didn't outdo the damage of the first dance. Watson just retroactively impressed me.))

Nos makes a move to kiss Bohw's hand, and regardless of whether he gets away with it or not adds "t'was every bit as devastating as I expected, milady" while giving Bohw a rather enamored look. And then he scampers off over towards Mael where he thwacks the Prime Hunter with his hammer.

"Coulda killed ya with back there if I'd tricked Bohw into it, but I didn't! And -now- I'm saving your life maybe!"
Savannah, previously transfixed by the dance, is yanked back into reality by the sharp pain of a spear stabbing her. She grips the wooden shaft before the naga can pull it away and casts a growth spell on it, making the naga's end expand and branch out, hopefully skewering her at least once.

Edit: [[Just noticed, but Aromatherapy still says 'Ready'.]]
SpoilerShow

"Well this is awkward", Watson says as he lets Thunderpaw down.

"But let's see if I may still be of help!" Watson says as he starts running and tackles the Prime Hunter.
(05-02-2013, 06:23 PM)Dais Wrote: »((So I just got back from some tense school work presenting-junk, and I gotta say this is just about the best thing to come back to.
Mind you though, I'm really surprised that we didn't outdo the damage of the first dance. Watson just retroactively impressed me.))

if you're asking me that was badly written but atleast its good to know that i dont fail all the time.
Also you only rolled like a 10 or something, but you had a +20. Whats up with that.
((Hoooboy 75% Insanity, that was probably a close one, even then Mayor would of taken all the hits and would of been obliterated, but still.))

((Also I drew some more things under this spoiler yayyy)):
SpoilerShow

Mayor stays fixed on Bohw, staring in complete disbelief and worry. Not seeing a lot he can do, he stays focused on protecting Savannah with his own body this turn.

Bohw, clearly pleased with herself, giggles with delight as she kicks her feet in the air like some kind of child. She raises a bloodied claw up her mouth to stifle her laughter as Nos kisses her on the other hand, with little success as her giggles turn into a full roar of laughter.

She wretches her hand away from Nos, responding with glee. "Oh Nos, that was so much fun! We simply have to do that again sometime! But not now, ahaha, so many things here still to murder! To kill! Maybe even you! Hehahahaa!"

As Nos runs off to do whatever, she doesn't really care, she turns away and conjures a pillar of howling fire on someone, not really caring about her target either.
SpoilerShow
(05-03-2013, 01:52 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

Yeah but you'll be burnt alive. Ideally I kinda want to hit an enemy here.
"Bohw, you are not yourself. Stay your rage; the power that consumes you only leads to self-destruction."

A glow radiated out of Thunderpaw's eyes, dialated, in a shocked state. He was proably as aware as his target, acting more on instinct than thought. ut that instinct put his twisted comerade of greater importance than the remaining foes. If Bohw were to move against one of the party he would strike her with the conjured light to force out the demon that acted in her stead.

"Focus, who are you? What is your goal? Who s your foe?"
SpoilerShow

"Hah! Ahahaheha!"

Bohw does not turn to face Thunderpaw, more engrossed in conjuring her spell and laughing at his bizarre question.

"Ahah, that's horrible. Quit sounding like you actually care! You never cared, you've tricked everyone- including yourself, into believing that. But not meeee~"

Bohw thrusts her hands forwards and a bolt of purple energy sparks in front her, a small ball of fire growing between her hands. She looks into the fireball with great delight in spell.

"For a some toighty-poighty white knight you're a pretty selfish bastard! Hah! If you actually thought about protecting people now that would be a shocker! You can and yet you wont! And isn't that just awful, Thunderpaw?"

Mayor lurches forward slightly, listening in on Bohw's remarks in a bit of mental agony. Ever fiber of Mayor wants him to stop her, at at the same not hurt her, even if there isn't a lot that can be done right now. Bohw however continues on with her spell, with the fireball growing to a significant size she raises one of her hands and lets the ball roll around in her palm.

"But nah. Sure you may think you're protecting people but think about this: At the end of the day you've haven't been doing an awful lot of protecting, have ya? People died, the world's in chaos and yooouuu..."

She throws her arm down, shooting the ball at her unlucky victim. It lands at their feet, the ball explodes into a large pillar of fire that howls with anguish. In that same motion she spins around to face the Bunni, an ever so wide, toothy grin and a look of madness in her eye.

"...can't even protect someone from themselves. A rousing good job, yeah."
Savannah feels the lurch of Mayor's stumbling step and nearly falls off. "Hey, hey! Big guy... uh... Mayor!"

She scrambles for purchase on him, finding a notch in his armor to steady herself. She, for lack of anything better to do, reaches around and pats him on the face. "There isn't anything you can do. She's gonna kill you if you do anything."

Taking a deep breath, she glances over at Bohw. "I know you want to do something, cause you two are like peas in a pod, but... you can't just get yourself killed. She's not... her. Even I can tell that. I think that uh... Thunderfoot guy has it under control. Just... don't. Please."

(05-03-2013, 02:33 PM)MasterBlade Wrote: »"Bohw, you are not yourself. Stay your rage; the power that consumes you only leads to self-destruction."

A glow radiated out of Thunderpaw's eyes, dialated, in a shocked state. He was proably as aware as his target, acting more on instinct than thought. ut that instinct put his twisted comerade of greater importance than the remaining foes. If Bohw were to move against one of the party he would strike her with the conjured light to force out the demon that acted in her stead.

"Focus, who are you? What is your goal? Who s your foe?"

Bohw seems content to destroy the remaining naga... For now. Best be on guard.

(05-03-2013, 01:25 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

Mayor stays fixed on Bohw, staring in complete disbelief and worry. Not seeing a lot he can do, he stays focused on protecting Savannah with his own body this turn.

Bohw, clearly pleased with herself, giggles with delight as she kicks her feet in the air like some kind of child. She raises a bloodied claw up her mouth to stifle her laughter as Nos kisses her on the other hand, with little success as her giggles turn into a full roar of laughter.

She wretches her hand away from Nos, responding with glee. "Oh Nos, that was so much fun! We simply have to do that again sometime! But not now, ahaha, so many things here still to murder! To kill! Maybe even you! Hehahahaa!"

As Nos runs off to do whatever, she doesn't really care, she turns away and conjures a pillar of howling fire on someone, not really caring about her target either.

Your eyes fall on the poor naga spear-maiden, and you immediately blast her with fire, caring little for anything beyond watching the flames burn! Though your spell is sloppy, the power behind it is not, dealing a total of 399 damage, and she screams in agony as the flames devour her (roll 2+17).

Mayor guards against the next 46 damage (roll 12+5). The blood-warrior continues to beat on him, dealing 238 damage!

(05-02-2013, 06:23 PM)Dais Wrote: »Nos makes a move to kiss Bohw's hand, and regardless of whether he gets away with it or not adds "t'was every bit as devastating as I expected, milady" while giving Bohw a rather enamored look. And then he scampers off over towards Mael where he thwacks the Prime Hunter with his hammer.

"Coulda killed ya with back there if I'd tricked Bohw into it, but I didn't! And -now- I'm saving your life maybe!"

You swing at the Prime Hunter, but, without even bothering to look at you, he dodges beneath the blow (Hit 6-1+2 Vs Defense 12), even as he lashes out with his spear, impaling Mael on it for 540 damage! Mael falls to the ground, bleeding profusely, and the Prime Hunter turns his attention back to you.

(05-02-2013, 07:11 PM)SupahKiven Wrote: »Savannah, previously transfixed by the dance, is yanked back into reality by the sharp pain of a spear stabbing her. She grips the wooden shaft before the naga can pull it away and casts a growth spell on it, making the naga's end expand and branch out, hopefully skewering her at least once.

Edit: [[Just noticed, but Aromatherapy still says 'Ready'.]]

SpoilerShow

Seeing as how your former assailant is now being degraded to ash, you instead grab the spear, throw it at the blood warrior harassing Mayor, and then cause its wood to violently grow and expand as it strikes the naga! The result is a mess of sharp wooden stakes tearing through the naga's form, dealing 428 damage! He falls to the ground in a convulsing heap (roll 10+9, crit), still alive but not really good for much of anything.

(05-02-2013, 07:29 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »"Well this is awkward", Watson says as he lets Thunderpaw down.

"But let's if I may still be of help!" Watson says as he starts running and tackles the Prime Hunter.

You try to tackle the hunter, but he is having none of it! He slithers out of your way as you lunge for him, leaving you to hit nothing but air (Hit 4+4+2 vs Defense 12).

Completely alone, the Prime Hunter looks somewhat ill at ease with the current situation. He seems to be backing up, as if preparing to run for it. Or whatever the equivalent of a snake running is called, anyway.

Stats
SpoilerShow

Map:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Watson tries a flying kick right into the snake-groin! (of the prime hunter)
"Hey now, you're kinda neat and all but that other guy is 17% more lifelike than you normally, so he'd make a much better use of your life. Sorry, but them's the breaks." With that Nos attempts to drain life from the Prime Hunter into Mael, with an apologetic look on his face.
Mayor sits unwell with just standing back and doing nothing, but with a slight nod and the lowering of his head, Mayor reluctantly agrees with Savannah. He stays put, doesn't stop him from stomping on the downed Naga Blood-Warrior in front of him though.

Bohw continues hover in place, staring down Thunderpaw as she bends one leg over the other and folds her arms, as if she was sitting down, all the while acting very smug.

"Oh lookie, now Mael's dying too. Hehe."
Savannah pats Mayor reassuringly on the head. "She'll be fine... I hope." She glances over at Mael and casts a healing spell on him. It'd be a shame for him to die here, like this.
"People die for the causes they believe in. It is not our jobs to mourn their lost potential, but to make sure their deaths were not in vain. That is what it means to be living."

Without a moment's hesitation, Thunderpaw lept up, embedding the conjured blade of light square into Bohw's chest. "Daril died so that our banner may advance. You must see that will move forward. I banish your demons again."

(everyone is writing huge essays, and I'm just sitting here. At the 5 sentence cap :x)
Its better than the two sentence softcap.

Still inferior to my essays though
"Idiot."

Bohw's grin turns to a frown as she nonchalantly raises a hand and shoots a bolt of dark magic at Thunderpaw, in an effort to knock him down midair. Because lets be real here, if he really thought Bohw would just sit there and get impaled, even if it was for her own good, Thunderpaw would have another thing coming for him.

She does attempt to hold back and not hurt him as much, he's still a friend after all.

(05-04-2013, 06:44 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Watson tries a flying kick right into the snake-groin! (of the prime hunter)

You're not really sure where his groin is, considering that he's a snake. Doesnt stop you from landing a bone-shattering flying kick on him, though! You deal 428 damage (roll 12+5+2, crit).

(05-05-2013, 01:15 AM)Dais Wrote: »"Hey now, you're kinda neat and all but that other guy is 17% more lifelike than you normally, so he'd make a much better use of your life. Sorry, but them's the breaks." With that Nos attempts to drain life from the Prime Hunter into Mael, with an apologetic look on his face.

Just as you begin casting your spell, he turns around and beats a full retreat, fleeing for the northern exit! He's soon outside of your spell's reach. (Hit 3-2+2 Vs Defense 12).

(05-05-2013, 05:11 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »Mayor sits unwell with just standing back and doing nothing, but with a slight nod and the lowering of his head, Mayor reluctantly agrees with Savannah. He stays put, doesn't stop him from stomping on the downed Naga Blood-Warrior in front of him though.

STOMP.

Yea he's dead now. (Roll 8+5+2)

(05-05-2013, 06:00 AM)SupahKiven Wrote: »Savannah pats Mayor reassuringly on the head. "She'll be fine... I hope." She glances over at Mael and casts a healing spell on him. It'd be a shame for him to die here, like this.

You lend Mael's body the energy it needs to reconstitute itself, thus healing him for 248! (roll 5+4+2, crit)

(05-06-2013, 12:23 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »"Idiot."

Bohw's grin turns to a frown as she nonchalantly raises a hand and shoots a bolt of dark magic at Thunderpaw, in an effort to knock him down midair. Because lets be real here, if he really thought Bohw would just sit there and get impaled, even if it was for her own good, Thunderpaw would have another thing coming for him.

She does attempt to hold back and not hurt him as much, he's still a friend after all.

Hold back?

Im afraid you dont know the meaning of those words.

As if it is the most natural thing in the world you draw the very light from the room, conjuring a great bolt of shadow energy, hurling it at Thunderpaw in a blast of unholy destruction! (Roll 19+12+3+2)

(05-05-2013, 04:47 PM)MasterBlade Wrote: »"People die for the causes they believe in. It is not our jobs to mourn their lost potential, but to make sure their deaths were not in vain. That is what it means to be living."

Without a moment's hesitation, Thunderpaw lept up, embedding the conjured blade of light square into Bohw's chest. "Daril died so that our banner may advance. You must see that will move forward. I banish your demons again."

As you jump, blade in hand, Bohw blasts you with a lance of dark power! With no other choice, you hurl yourself at Bohw, swinging even in midair. Then the wave of shadow strikes you and you pass out.

---

Thunderpaw passes through the shadow lance, landing before Bohw and finishing his swing, impaling the sword of light on her. Instead of causing a wound, the blade draws out the dark fury that possessed her, shattering the sword and restoring Bohw to herself. They both fall to the ground.

Stats
SpoilerShow

Map:
SpoilerShow