Cryptocracy Day 2 -- Axed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cryptocracy Day 2 -- Axed
RE: Cryptocracy (90%)
"Wait, you mean this place isn't usually this packed?"
Entilliumn looks around. He turns to Ryan.
"It's Entilliumn, by the way. But it's alright, I don't really care."
He chuckles nervously, straightens his hat and sips his tea. He shakes hands with whoever came in and greets them.
Entilliumn frowns and looks at no one in particular with a distraught look on his face for a few seconds. He snaps out of it and reaches for a sandwich.
"So, a-are these any good?"
Quote:"I was once a man; who had a future. And I'm sure I had a past."
[Image: signaturejc.png]
SpoilerShow
"Entilum? Entiulum?... I'll just call you Enti. And no, it's not usually this full. I have to say I think today's had twice the turnout of any other. It's good to see that, poor Camille was beginning to look so despondent.

"The sandwiches are cucumber. I like them, but I'm well aware that the preferences of people differ so much from my own. Even in a town that is yet to hit 20 people! It just goes to show how varied any sample of a population is.

"You can see it even in this room. We have Lilith, over there with Violet, just chatting and being themselves. Ladies to the last degree. And just over there, mopping, is dear old John the Janitor. He's friendly enough, but you can sorta tell he's not... all there, you know? He tried to mop my cat once.

"Oh, you don't know about Tabbytha, do you? She's, well, she's a tabby, of course, she's my pet cat. Most lovely little puddytat there's ever been. She was part of my family inheritance, as much as the greasy hands and the desire to know how things work. I would have preferred a pet spider, but more than a few of the ladies here were uncomfortable with that idea.

"That was partly my fault, though, so they can't be blamed. I'm held responsible for more than a few bad dreams in this place, thanks to my pranks. The clockwork spiders were fun, but they freaked the daylights out of everyone who found them in their beds. So I'm reaping what I sow there.

"I'm the local mechanic in this town, by the way, my name's Ryan Davidson. If you need something made of metal fixed, I'm probably a good one to ask. If it's parts are woody, though, you'd want to ask Winston, over there, with the four sandwiches in his mouth.

"I live out the west side, just opposite the library. It's not optimal for deliveries, but that hardly matters when everybody's just two or three blocks away. And it helps to be close to the library. It gives me access to a great amount of books, which is really handy when I have to deal with unusual stuff. It's amazing how often people assume that a mechanic knows all: it's very rarely the case, so the books are my best friends. Well, the librarian is a friend too, of course.

"I make the most deliveries to that Roggider girl, Captcha or something. She's an inventor, so she's always needing pieces and parts. I don't think she likes me, though - don't have a clue why, really."

Ryan grabs a sandwich off a nearby plate and is briefly silenced. My god, when he gets going can he babble or what? When he finishes his mouthful, he mercifully redirects his verbal assault onto the gardener.

"Oh, there's not much you've missed yet, Mildred, nice to see you by the way. I've just had the usual sort of day, making deliveries, fixing up fans..."

Ryan sighs, and sags a little.

"...Nothing really impressive."

SpoilerShow
Jason looked up at Bill as he approached. "I always do. Hold on a sec, It'll be out in just a bit." He ducked into the kitchen for the flapjacks.

"So how've you been recently? Anything exciting happen?"
Winston grins at Ryan, since his mouth is full of sandwiches.

He swallows and says.

"Since there are so many people here, I think this week's musical chairs contest will be more entertaining. We might even need more CHAIRS HAHA!"
RE: Cryptocracy (95%)
That is a great map ; -;
(I still have to do a smidgen of administrative negotiations)
"That damn beaver mafia's at it again. One of my axes went missing and I just know it was them! They're always encroaching in on my territory and now they're trying to sabotage my business! How's a guy supposed to work with only eleven axes?!"

Bill drops some money on the counter and helps himself to the tap.

"I'd have pummeled them myself, but the cowards came at night. Guess I need to start sleeping with both eyes open now. Maybe I'll get that investigator shrimp on the case, make himself useful for once."

Bill downs his mug and starts tapping his foot impatiently. The slow trickle of people moving outside confirms that he's running late.
Mildred takes a few bites of cucumber sandwich and seems to contemplate it. A few moments later she continues eating. Certainly, it was delicious but something about the cucumbers themselves...

"Oh Camille, where did you get your produce? These cucumbers could have benefitted from a good mulch. You know you can always come to me for this kind of thing."

In all honesty, Mildred couldn't be sure it was a lack of mulching that left the vegetables something to be desired or something else, but it sounded like good advice and that was usually enough.
Aiden manages to gather his papers scattered across the church before he straightens up and looks around. It is significantly loud inside the church which makes him uncomfortable. "It's too loud here to grade papers... Have to find somewhere quieter... Maybe the library will be quiet? Yes, the library is usually quiet."

He walks out of the church and takes the short walk to the library. Aiden stops in front of the door before he looks at the papers in his hands. "What was I doing here again? Hmm... library. I must be here to check out books. But why do I have these papers with me?" He shakes his head before he enters.

"Hello? Is anyone here? The door was open...," Aiden calls out as he stands in the entryway awkwardly. He pauses for a few moments before he enters the shelves. "Hmm... where are the science books? I can never remember where they are..."
Lolwut?
"M-musical chairs?"
Entilliumn chuckles nervously and takes a sandwich. "I think I'll pass, I get easily distracted." He turns to the wall and begins to remember the terrible times he's had at a church. He finishes his tea with one gulp. After cringing a little, he waves goodbye, thanks Camille for the breakfast and leaves the church. He heads back to his restaurant, mumbling as he walks.
SpoilerShow
"I hear you. There's always something going on around here. I'm sure the kid'd appreciate the business. Anyways, here you go." Jason emerged from the kitchen, returning with a large plate of flapjacks, some syrup, and a couple strips on the side. "Enjoy."
"Deveaux, you're a lifesaver."
Bill shoves the pancakes into his pants, pockets the syrup jar, and shoves the bacon in his mouth. He peeks out the front door and waits until the coast is clear, then barrels out of the pub and hustles up the street towards the church.
As Jason settled in to read, he noticed Frost gazing out the window. At first, he discounted it, but soon he looked to see what his pet was looking at. Outside, just a bit down the road, he saw a large gathering at the church. The teatime social he had heard about. All those people out there, looking like they were having such a great time...

Jason set down his book, placing a bookmark in it for later. He beckoned to Frost, and the mighty avian flew to his shoulder, her talons digging in a bit. Jason went to the door, adjusted his large trenchcoat, and headed down the lane.
"Ah finally here" Harper mutters entering the church.

He helps himself to a sandwich before spotting Camille, feeling bad for missing more than a few social gatherings he gulps down the sandwich and heads over to her.

"Hello Camille, my apologies for being late but I have been rather busy of late." He grins while avoiding eye contact.

"Ah that Tea looks just like the thing i need right now,excuse me" He changes the subject fast and goes off to get some tea.
Ryan sees his neighbour, from amidst the crowd. He stands up and shouts to him from afar.

"Jason! Jason! JAAAAAAAASON! Fancy seeing you out here!"
John Holtfreter decides it is time for snack.

John Holtfreter places his mop and bucket on the side.

John Holtfreter sits down.

John Holtfreter takes a cucumber sandwich.

John Holtfreter does not wash his hands.

John Holtfreter does not care.

John Holtfreter finds hygiene to be lower priority to hunger.

John Holtfreter finds the sandwich delicious.
Jason waves to his neighbor. This meant there would be at least one person he knew and could talk to at this party.

Jason went over to Ryan, avoiding eye contact with everyone else.

"Hey Ryan. What's going on here? I've never been to one of these events before."
JOHN HOLTFRETER CHEWS NOISILY.
RE: Cryptocracy DAY 1
All negotiations are done! The real game will start now. You may now submit your Day Actions in the thread, which are activities with major results, that could have an impact on the future of the town. For example, making a statue of another citizen. You have three days until Sunset!
Jack heads back to his shop and prepares for a busy day of selling and buying things. After all, he can't very well risk losing customers because he wasn't around during store hours.
Bill budges his way into the church, mildly surprised at the extra turnout. He wades through the people to his usual pew.

"Morning Reverend, I see you've already managed to scare off a couple of the new ones. 'Xcuse me Words, Bookworm, hawk-- thingy." He gives Jason and his bird a strange look before pressing on. He reaches his seat, glances around to see if anyone's watching, wolfs down a mouthful of pancake, and waits for Camille to begin whatever inane icebreaker she's got planned for today.
Kameron walks up to John Holtfreter. Kameron takes a picture of John Holtfreter's nostrils. But not to take a picture of John Holtfreter's nostrils, but to blind him. Kameron then tapes the picture of the nostrils to John's face while he's eating.

Kameron runs away.

Kameron runs through the center aisle and spots pancakes coming out of a person's pant leg. He stops dead.

"Excuse me but, are you okay?"
Entilliumn stops. He looks at the church. It looked like everyone in town was there, he curses to nothing in particular and walks out of his restaurant toward the church. He hesitates, looks at the road, sighs and walks into the church.
"Yeah, I couldn't leave you guys, ah, I feel bad."
He smiles and takes a sandwich, in the process he sees Kameron looking at Bill. "Hey Bill!" Turns to Kameron, and silently, "What're you staring at? You're a detective, so it must be important..."
SpoilerShow
"I am not a detective! I have no respect for that shtick! I am a Private Eye. I get the info without some chief of police on my back!", Kameron was irritated. "But you're right about this being important: There're pancakes coming out of that guy's pants!"
"Oh for the love of--- nosiest town on the face of the Earth." Bill grabs the offending pancake, gags Kameron with it, and then ducks his head below the pews, dragging the hapless detective with him. "Eyewitnesses have seen me beat a mountain lion to a pulp for looking at me funny so believe me when I say 'breathe a word of this to Camille and I'll throttle you', got it?"

Bill releases Kameron and takes the pancake back. He looks up and waves to Camille "Boy, socializing sure is fun eh?" When her back is turned he munches down the pancake and takes a swig of syrup to wash it down. "Actually if you stay on your best behavior squirt, I may actually have some work for you."
EBWOP: Entilliumn is also gagged by his own sandwich and forced into secrecy by threat of beatings.