-=- Crooks Hollow III Mafia -=- Day Five? (3/21)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
-=- Crooks Hollow III Mafia -=- Day Five? (3/21)
RE: -=- Crooks Hollow III Mafia -=- Day One: Wine Cellar (21/21)
Also

(04-18-2013, 12:05 AM)Mirdini Wrote: »Vote: Palamedes for lying

only mafia lie

Vote: Mirdini for not being mafia. How did I miss this?
Vote 0_o for lying. We are all black-hearted crooks.
Does anyone see a way to exit RVS? Pala's claim was a step, but then it sorta disintegrated...
Well, that sorta killed talking.
So apparently CDV is an outdated question set, because it ends up just being a meta question, but maybe it'll get some discussion going?

My CDVs:
Cop: Mirdini for generally knowing what to do as both town and scum.
Doc: TehPilot for his unfortunate tendency to be killed no matter his alignment.
Vig: We don't have known lurkers (well, known by me), which'd be my first instinct for vigkill. I guess Garuru, but he's trying to be better and I don't wanna vig that.
Vote Mathgirl for killing conversation.
(04-18-2013, 02:20 AM)MathGirl277 Wrote: »I guess Garuru, but he's trying to be better and I don't wanna vig that.

Then why mention me at all?
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
mathgirl is about the only townish read for me at this point.
ebwop: gonna Vote: Tea because he hasn't posted yet.
It's never an incredibly good start when someone brings up CDV, tells everyone that it's useless and then doesn't really answer one of the questions.
Points for trying I guess?
A+ for effort @ mathgirl

And to jumpstart conversation: what's the value of the suivigs? I haven't read the previous Crooks Hallow games past a few glances, and I only see a few very specific uses (i.e. having a suspicious player test someone's bulletproof claim or having a suspicious player suivig confirmed scum, etc.)
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch
Well if you're really convinced someone's scum then a 1:1 trade is almost always in town's favour, also means you can kill them and lynch someone else too.
It's being really convinced that's the hard part.
If you were some sort of cop though, would it be worth it to shoot after a while?
Probably, because you know the first thing anyone would do upon being outed as scum by a cop would be to shoot the cop (and it's unwise to trust on people to be around to quicklynch/for the gunban to be on). Then again in other cases like that shooting could be unwise too so???
SpoilerShow

In terms of suivig theory, I guess there are a lot of specific uses, and I can't think of any situation in which you would use it without claiming. I mean, Pilot already discussed testing claims and whatnot with a suivig, but I don't really see the usefulness of such a role without a suivig claiming in the first place!

As for a cop suivigging? Contrary to popular opinion here, I don't think that it'd be helpful to suivig until as much information as possible is obtained. Maybe after being outed it'd be of potential use, but the thing is, it's always best to wait until the last possible second anyways to out yourself as cop.

Also there's the whole wine about "shoot the cop, don't shoot the cop, it'll look bad if the cop claim isn't shot if we don't shoot him which is good for us" from a mafia mentality, which makes activating the suivig less optimal. I'm just not a fan of suivigging in any situation.
I mean I said this in the previous game but guess what people ignoring me won me the game! So for the love of god please no-one suicide vig today. And probably not tomorrow or any day after that! (Unless you're scum in which case please go ahead). There is pretty much 0 reason for you to do so. There is a 99% chance of you screwing the town over by doing so (unless, as stated before, you're mafia - mafia can suivig ANYTIME and I'm fine with it yes please go ahead).

Also re: getting lynched/mafia suicide vigging when they're getting lynched there's not much to worry about there. If this game holds true to previous ones, players have their guns taken away when they're at softlynch so any mafioso would have to blow up really early which barring a cop claim they were 100% sure they couldn't weasel out of I doubt any of 'em is going to want to do.
SpoilerShow

Well yeah but I'm just saying I think a cop should maybe practice some subtlety if they've got a guilty, you know try to get someone to or near softlynch before claiming. Especially if their guiltycheck is a pretty active player.
The optimal situation is obviously to have pegged multiple scum and then suivig one of them after revealing your checks (innocents are important too!) because then everyone will know you're on the level and town get multiple scum kills in one day but that's not super likely to actually happen

make sure you're not the kind of cop who gets reverse results first because that is not something you want to be remembered for
Oh god that would be the worst.

But yeah getting multiple scum checks would be optimal, though I don't know if I'd immediately recommend suivig-ing unless there were other well known important town roles sitting around? Like I know if I was a pseudo vanilla I'd rather sacrifice myself then watch the cop die.
I don't think it'd be that hard to discern one's sane-ness, right? If you had enough results it'd be worth it making your kill and then having everyone else see whether you were insane or not.
What do you mean by pseudo vanilla?
(04-18-2013, 11:39 PM)Mirdini Wrote: »I mean I said this in the previous game but guess what people ignoring me won me the game! So for the love of god please no-one suicide vig today. And probably not tomorrow or any day after that! (Unless you're scum in which case please go ahead). There is pretty much 0 reason for you to do so. There is a 99% chance of you screwing the town over by doing so (unless, as stated before, you're mafia - mafia can suivig ANYTIME and I'm fine with it yes please go ahead).

Also re: getting lynched/mafia suicide vigging when they're getting lynched there's not much to worry about there. If this game holds true to previous ones, players have their guns taken away when they're at softlynch so any mafioso would have to blow up really early which barring a cop claim they were 100% sure they couldn't weasel out of I doubt any of 'em is going to want to do.

I resent this. While you did fool me, I ended up blowing up a scum AND Tea who was faking being third party despite only getting a half win for that.
But yeah don't suivig unless you're really freaking certain someone is scum

also that last post was supposed to come off as sarcastic whining, not the real whining it looks like
SpoilerShow

Is there much left to say on the topic of suivigs? Because we've exhausted its theory to death now (not that there's much theory on it anyhow). And I still have no clue about potential scumteams to get to lynching yet, I don't know about anyone else.
No, but I had a important question that I didn't know the answer to that I got answered!
I think that just about wraps up suivig discussion.

Anyways, I feel like there could be more people chiming in? A cursory glance at the playerlist and I see names not seen during D1...
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch
remember the tinyhunt when i wanted to leeroy on sotek D1 and i didn't and it cost town the game
if u hav a reed. u should follo ur dream
[Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif]