~◕ w◕~
RE: +iny cat people
teach windy miscommunication

(08-13-2016, 03:00 PM)Whimbrel Wrote: »Teach Fennel LOYALTY

loyalty to what?
>TEACH ART - FENNEL

[Image: 1f3GQuT.png]

Before Windy makes it over to where Fennel is sitting, you take a quick moment to teach Fennel about ART. Fennel wonders if its purpose is to make art on this little blue planet.

Fennel already reached the end of what’s been written in the book- after a few pages, it all turns to blank pages. Now Fennel is just fiddling with the abacus.

Windy makes their presence known with a very soft whistle, and Fennel turns around. They trade little flute sounds and glass tinkling, telling each other their names and talking about what they can do.

Windy tells Fennel that they can teach Fennel some skills they know, and maybe if Fennel wants, it can help them make their house? Fennel isn’t sure why it would want a house, but it supposes there’s no reason not to help.

>CREATE PLANTS

[Image: 6Yi76UD.png]

A good portion of the rest of the surface of the planet starts springing up with more plant life. Fennel and Windy chirp happily as their home grows more lush.

>TEACH MORTALITY - FENNEL
>TEACH CARD GAMES - WINDY

[Image: MpB9CbE.png]

Fennel whimpers a little, soft sounds of a wine glass being chipped. It understands- it will die if you use the KILL command on it… and only then, never in any other condition. It hopes that it can live a peaceful life, and that you at least KILL it when it’s comfortable, with some feeling of accomplishment behind it.

Windy makes an annoyed whistle. Those card games sound fun, sure, but you haven’t CREATED any cards of any type yet!
Also, you did something and the other TCP seems freaked out now. They’re not sure what to do.

A soft whisper, not from your TCPs, but seemingly from the void itself, slips into your mind:
“Hey, so I know you haven’t used the CHECK command at all, yet, but I just want to let you know I’m splitting it in two from now on: CHECK STATUS, for TCP inventory and health, and CHECK KNOWLEDGE, for TCP knowledge and skills. That’s all for now, now keep on playing!
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
> CHECK Status
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
aack sorry i didn't specify that you have to specify a TCP to CHECK
i'll just take an unspecified CHECK command to mean "check all current TCPs"
check knowledge, and let's leave 'em alone for a bit

edit: wait wait, create one playing card, singular
(08-14-2016, 04:47 AM)Wheat Wrote: »>TEACH Windy paper-making skills.

They know card game rules but don't have cards; they can make paper and then make cards from the paper.

why make cards? because, :shruggo:

it's brilliant, they don't have a paper mill either! teach them every step in the playing card process but give them no resources to enact this knowledge
> TEACH FENNEL "Utilitarian Philosophy"

> CREATE "100 Blank Cards"
ah, i thought the filtering press was also called "a paper mill." i like the idea of them having to make paper cards the hard way, but we should teach the skills to fennel instead, since windy is busy on the house
HA
NA
FU
DA

>make hanafuda cards tho.

i'm not as mean as those other guys! Well...

>Hide the hanafuda cards somewhere sneaky.
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
> Windy: After you've made some plant cards, distract Fennel with card games.

> TEACH ALL: Competitiveness
Teach Fennel: HUMOR, THE ART OF COMEDY

some of the best comedians are motivated by a sense of existential dread, so Fennel will hopefully pick this skill up quickly
~◕ w◕~
TEACH FOCUS - WINDY

They should finish one thing at a time or they might get overwhelmed with all of this new stuff happening.
SpoilerShow
(08-14-2016, 06:08 PM)Whimbrel Wrote: »Teach Fennel: HUMOR, THE ART OF COMEDY

some of the best comedians are motivated by a sense of existential dread, so Fennel will hopefully pick this skill up quickly

give fennel a beret and a cigarette holder
>CHECK STATUS
>CHECK KNOWLEDGE

[Image: 03hJJGQ.png]

Windy is a FENESTRATE-TYPE TCP, which means they are medium sized and hollow. Being an ABSTRACT TCP, they have strange powers relating to the fabric of space. This one can make holes in things, but only when they are well-rested, and they lose rest by doing so.

Windy has knowledge of: Empathy, Shame, Self-worth, Ambition, Card Games
Windy currently can do: Swimming, Lying, Shouting, Construction, Backflip, Parkour, Communication, Teaching

[Image: BBmTTXH.png]

Fennel is a DEFENESTRATION-TYPE TCP, which means they are medium sized and a little skinny, with one blind eye. Being an ABSTRACT TCP, it has strange powers relating to the fabric of space. This one can toss any object smaller than itself through any hole, door, or window, at the risk of “breaking” said hole in some way.

Fennel has knowledge of: Mortality
Fennel currently can do: Communication, Math, Reading

>TEACH COMPETITIVENESS - ALL
>TEACH FOCUS - WINDY
>CREATE BLANK CARDS
>TEACH HUMOR - FENNEL

[Image: X3058C8.png]

Windy and Fennel continue trying to build their house, not minding the lessons you transmit directly into their heads. Windy is a little more aware of their lack of focus now, but can’t do a whole lot to change their current situation, as you keep covering the surface of their planet with strange gifts. Fennel laughs awkwardly, making a crunching sound as it tries not to be nervous about how much space might be left on this planet… it asks Windy what they think competitiveness would be useful for. What’s there to be competitive about? Ahahaha.

>GIVE BERET - FENNEL
>GIVE CIG HOLDER - FENNEL

[Image: NY1qPAF.png]

Sure, okay. These are stylish gifts, but Fennel still feels nervous.
Windy asks Fennel if it needs to be taught focus too, but Fennel hesitates a bit, a sharp turn in behavior from only a few minutes ago...

Windy asks what’s wrong.
Fennel replies, the VOID decided the first thing Fennel should learn is that it could die whenever the VOID deems it convenient to die.
Windy lets out a long, low hum, and tells Fennel that it shouldn’t worry, the VOID is only warning it incase something really bad happens. They know they’ll be fine, the VOID totally told them earlier that the VOID will protect them.
Fennel lets out a crumpled sigh, thank you Windy, it needed to hear that.

[Image: fNSCYWv.png]

(Windy has learned MORTALITY.)
(Windy is very suspicious of the VOID.)
(Fennel had its faith restored.)
Teach Fennel Ambition
Create Day and Night
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
CREATE Moon
NAME moon "Heaven"
TEACH WINDY ENVY
GIVE FENNEL THE VOID
GIVE Windy a Toque. Because cool hats are sure to make everything better.
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
GIVE WINDY Existential Philosophy
CREATE thunderstorm
We didn't know only we could kill tcps. This is all a big misunderstanding, all we want is for them not to get hurt. We should clear this up with Windy before he hammers his thumb or something.
>TEACH pain - Windy