Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Three: Forgotten Whispers]
Savannah wriggles her way out of Mayor's iron grasp, climbing up onto the golem's shoulders. She spots the naga that she hadn't trapped in the cage, conjuring a barrage of hailstones to batter the creature.
Mayor helps Savannah on his shoulder and stands firm, Selflessly preparing to defend the party.

Bohw spends her turn loading an condensed explosive bolt into her borrowed crossbow. If it's already loaded however, shoot that Prime Hunter through the skull.
Im just going to assume that you loaded it while walking because convenience for everyone

except for all the enemies they're going to get real tired of you alternating between the op double damage crossbow and the magical hail-of-bolts crossbow

it should be noted that the warmage's crossbow cannot be held in one hand like the other so you've probably got that slung on your back when you're not using it and the other one is technically larger but it is incredibly light or something so it would probably fit on a hip maybe

why do you have so many ranged weapons i mean come on you're also carrying around a bow in hammerspace also bombs n shit

/rant
(And I'm just sitting here. With the hammer I bought at the start of the game.)

(Is that bohw bow count including the naga crossbow Thunderpaw passed her or can we add another to the list?)
Yes its counting that

and tbh stuff doesnt drop because i thought someone needed an upgrade its like
because the enemies have it because thats how i made them
(She also technically still has the bow she had at the start of the game. And one of Daril's guns.)

(OH YEAH. By the way, Bohw was hit last turn and Mayor didn't Retaliate, just noticed that. Kinda might be a bit awkward with Savannah on his shoulder though but yeah.)
(I also didn't crit on my table throw I think, despite it being the first attack in the encounter. But nitpicking)
Nos acknowledges Mael with a quick glance. "Going to have to hit harder if you want to rupture the vital bits. I mean, I think. Don't usually check, I guess." He slaps around the enemy that Mael attacked, using his hammer even though it occurs to him to use his hand. Bare hand on probably slimy scales? No thanks.
(04-26-2013, 12:51 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »(OH YEAH. By the way, Bohw was hit last turn and Mayor didn't Retaliate, just noticed that. Kinda might be a bit awkward with Savannah on his shoulder though but yeah.)

Quote:Then he tosses the weapon that naga had been holding - a light wooden club studded with a variety of fangs - at the fellow who threw a spear at Bohw! It only glances him for 63 damage though.

Lies

(04-26-2013, 01:51 AM)MasterBlade Wrote: »(I also didn't crit on my table throw I think, despite it being the first attack in the encounter. But nitpicking)

YOU SAW NOTHING (sorry i keep forgetting about some of these please keep reminding me)
[Image: darksun1.png]

(04-24-2013, 08:42 PM)MasterBlade Wrote: »With one of the snakes sufficiently angered, Thunderpaw turns to the replicated priestess. Taking a leaping jump off the face of the defanged monster, he lands a Fury Comet square in-between the three illusions, testing which one was the real caster.

You leap into the center of the duo of priestesses with explosive force! All three seem busy at work casting a spell, but as you impact only one of them reacts by cringing in pain at the force of your assault! The others continue casting as if nothing had happened. You deal 690 damage to the priestess (roll 18+5)!

Meanwhile, however, she finishes her spell, angrily waving her hands at you. Then everything goes black and you hit the floor and then you know only the absolute nothing of the void.

(04-24-2013, 09:07 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Watson carries one of the two naga fighters above his head and throws it down the well, thus injuring it and injuring the one at the bottom when it lands.

The naga objects extensively to being picked up, writhing madly and slashing at you for 169 damage! Then you dump him down the well and you hear his protesting hisses fade quickly as he disappears out of sight (Roll 20+5).

(04-25-2013, 12:21 AM)SupahKiven Wrote: »Savannah wriggles her way out of Mayor's iron grasp, climbing up onto the golem's shoulders. She spots the naga that she hadn't trapped in the cage, conjuring a barrage of hailstones to batter the creature.

As the second naga chases after Thunderpaw, you see your opening to strike him in the back with a few well-aimed frost spells! You conjure sharp, frozen slivers, flinging them at his back in a torrent of ice, dealing 203 damage! (roll 5+4, crit)

Then the priestess finishes casting some spell and Thunderpaw falls to the floor and the naga you just attacked realizes he was wasting his time and instead turns around and shanks Mayor for 350 damage!

(04-25-2013, 07:43 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »Mayor helps Savannah on his shoulder and stands firm, Selflessly preparing to defend the party.

Bohw spends her turn loading an condensed explosive bolt into her borrowed crossbow. If it's already loaded however, shoot that Prime Hunter through the skull.

Mayor goes all out defense, almost nullifying his ability to attack! Atleast he has already protected Savanna from one angry snakeman by putting her well out of reach (Roll 2).

You quickly but carefully take aim with the crossbow, then pull the trigger, launching the bolt at the largest and most savage naga! However, simultaneously to this, he waves his bone spear overhead, and runes light up along the length of the spear, sparkling with supernatural power. The runes take life of their own, forming into a shield of runes, surrounding the naga! Your bolt impacts against this supernatural barrier, making it through and impaling the naga for 504 damage (roll 14+4+3)! Or, well, that is the damage it would have done had the runes not absorbed part of the impact.

(04-26-2013, 04:19 AM)Dais Wrote: »Nos acknowledges Mael with a quick glance. "Going to have to hit harder if you want to rupture the vital bits. I mean, I think. Don't usually check, I guess." He slaps around the enemy that Mael attacked, using his hammer even though it occurs to him to use his hand. Bare hand on probably slimy scales? No thanks.

As you swing, you realize it would be much better to demonstrate directly to Mael how to strike! You try to strike both Mael and the naga at once, swinging in a wide arc! Unfortunately, Mael seems to realize this and hurriedly steps out of the way, and the naga just slides under your attack, proceeding to jab its spear into your shoulder for 225 damage! Dammnit, how can you demonstrate how to properly strike when things keep moving out of the way? (Hit 6-1 Vs Defense 8 and 7)

Mael lands a second, overly precise blow on the same naga, dealing 135 damage (roll 2+4, crit). He eyes you carefully, wary of further uncontrolled attacks.

The Prime Hunter also attacks Nos, since he is blocking the path to Bohw. His spear thrust deals 150 damage.

The last naga by the well strikes at Watson, but his attack misses! (Hit 3+3 Vs Defense 10)

The spear thrower hurls another javelin at Bohw, dealing 138 damage! Mayor doesnt see anything fitting to throw back, so he does nothing (Hit 1 Vs Defense 7).

The last naga struggles with the plants entangling her, making some headway but also injuring herself further.

Stats
SpoilerShow

Map:
SpoilerShow
(Question; has my Blade of Light recharged after waiting for the others to pass the trap, or is it still on cooldown?)
"This is fun", Watson thinks as he forcibly throws yet another naga fighter down the well.
Savannah whips out her knife and throws it at the naga that attacked Mayor, firing off a few icicles after it.
(04-26-2013, 05:42 PM)MasterBlade Wrote: »(Question; has my Blade of Light recharged after waiting for the others to pass the trap, or is it still on cooldown?)

That is an excellent question. I have no idea but probably not quite. I would say in two turns.
"Thunderpaw!"

Bohw shouts out for her furry companion, between that and a javelin lodged neatly in her shoulder, her twitching and snarling shouldn't surprise anyone. Bohw rummages around in her side satchel and pulls out one of the Firework Explosives, she lights it without hesitation and throws it at the feet of the annoying spear thrower.

Mayor just stays put for now, but he prepares to clothesline any Nagas that happen to run past him.
((Finally getting in here as well.
Also, why is this not on the ChocolatePi forums, I have already registered there now :P))
(04-27-2013, 04:14 PM)sjasogun Wrote: »((Finally getting in here as well.
Also, why is this not on the ChocolatePi forums, I have already registered there now :P))

Because Eagles can easily eat chocolate pie with no hesitation Melonspa
i have no good excuse actually
(Because Eagletime was here before the pi forums were.)

(Excuse given)
ok i guess i can use that as an excuse

also damnit Dais you must show up sooner so i can update in good conscience! Melonspa
((Whoop, sorry. Have a post.))
"Aww, I was just going to show you how much force you need to hit stuff with to kill them! Relax, you're strong right? Yeah, you'd have survived." With another chuckle to himself, Nos swings his hammer around towards the Prime Hunter that had just attacked him.
[Image: darksun1.png]

(04-26-2013, 07:34 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »"This is fun", Watson thinks as he forcibly throws yet another naga fighter down the well.

The naga stabs you for 200 damage! Then you throw him down the well. (Roll 19+5, Crit)

Stop rolling so well this instant or i will fry you with gm lightning. INDOORS.

(04-26-2013, 07:40 PM)SupahKiven Wrote: »Savannah whips out her knife and throws it at the naga that attacked Mayor, firing off a few icicles after it.

Your knife is utterly useless! Your followup icebolts less so, striking him for 120 damage (roll 4+4)! He looks rather battered up.

(04-27-2013, 08:45 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »"Thunderpaw!"

Bohw shouts out for her furry companion, between that and a javelin lodged neatly in her shoulder, her twitching and snarling shouldn't surprise anyone. Bohw rummages around in her side satchel and pulls out one of the Firework Explosives, she lights it without hesitation and throws it at the feet of the annoying spear thrower.

Mayor just stays put for now, but he prepares to clothesline any Nagas that happen to run past him.

SpoilerShow

You chuck a firework grenade at the spear thrower! It explodes in a shower of colorful light, much to the naga's painful dismay! He takes 300 damage.

But the bastard just throws another javelin at you, dealing 113 damage! Tryhard.

Mayor punches the naga in front of him for 46 damage (roll 13+5).

The naga strikes back, dealing 200 damage!

(04-28-2013, 11:20 PM)Dais Wrote: »"Aww, I was just going to show you how much force you need to hit stuff with to kill them! Relax, you're strong right? Yeah, you'd have survived." With another chuckle to himself, Nos swings his hammer around towards the Prime Hunter that had just attacked him.

SpoilerShow

You swing your hammer with vigor, surprising the naga with your strength and speed! It takes him full in the chest, staggering him back and dealing 541 damage (roll 17+9)! Unfortunately, that runeshield from before seems to have regained power, shielding him from some of the blow.

Mael also adds his bit, slicing at him for 225 damage!

The prime hunter is not amused. He glares at Nos, staring him straight in the eye! Nos starts getting awfully dizzy. Like a lot and a lot.

Then the prime hunter turns to Mael, readying himself for an assault! Following Mael's strike, the hunter retaliates, using Mael's offense against him and landing a strike for 203 damage.

The blood-warrior swings at Nos, but he miraculously steps out of the way. (Defense 2 Vs Hit 1fail)

The previously entangled naga manages to slice her way free of her thorny cage!

The Priestess casts a spell on the prime hunter in tandem with her illusions! The hunters' wounds close somewhat, as do her own!

Stats
SpoilerShow

Map:
SpoilerShow
There's one naga fighter left, I think I should do it again, guys

Okay, please no GM lightining, or any other such catastrophes

Watson carries Thunderpaw to the safest place possible.
"Tch." Savannah clicks her tongue. She wasn't sure why she did that, it's her favorite knife. She'll have to find that later. With a glance to the escaped naga, Savannah casts Aromatherapy using the thorny plants she grew before.
((I am a bit confused by Nos's Kill Time count, is it moving backwards or something? I can dig it if it was changed but it makes it a little hard to time stuff and whatnot. No I guess I don't really need to know if it's been changed but I'd like to anyway.))

Nos wobbles and takes a couple steps backwards, about to fall over. Arms waving and balance teetering comically he starts gasping for air. Suddenly he freezes up completely. After a second he takes a slow, deep, (calming) breath. Then, he races over towards Bohw, all excited-like.

"Hey. HEY! Girl. Bohw, or whatever. Look look, they got so many spellcasters over there!" He points towards the Naga Priestess and her copies enthusiastically. "But you 'n me, you 'n me, we can take them in one move. We just gotta do this 'n this 'n this 'n this..." he starts making random spastic movements while holding out his arms, clearly making up dance steps on the spot. Finally he gives up on it and extends a hand towards Bohw for the Madness Dance. "Whaddya say? I bet we can make them explode or something while we're at it."