Godhood XIV - Usurper [Jam Edition Turn 4]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Godhood XIV - Usurper [Jam Edition Turn 4]
RE: Godhood XIV - Usurper [Jam Edition Turn 3]
Macian Scelle looks up from a sketchpad he's begun doodling ideas for crops and temples on. He regards the mazes blankly.

"Until all the prey species learn to avoid it, perhaps. There would need to be some reason to go in, or no-one and nothing will."

After a brief contemplation, inspiration strikes. He flips to a blank page and begins scribbling, muttering half-sentences to himself. As he finishes a complex thaumaturgical schematic, he looks up, smiling.

"Something like a portal that linked Zemina to Trovat, encouraging exploration and colonization."

Before the sentence even finishes leaving his lips, they fall back to his usual contemplative frown.

"But I am weak, and have more important projects to work on."

He tears the diagram out of his book and tosses it aside, letting it drift idly in the godly void between worlds, and returns to his crops, embellishing fruiting algal blooms and designing walking shrubbery.
Alakim's eyebrows rise up, then quickly fall back into a scowl. He looks over the diagram, muttering to himself before tossing it away again.

"Regardless, I still think Trovat's not quite ready for predators yet, as they'd only have the one species to prey on. Perhaps I'll add something in the near future..." He strokes his chin thoughtfully.
Pacian spoke, still watching Trovat. "These Sirona are taking well to my teachings." He paused. "It is a shame that their environment limits their development to such basic levels." He shook his head, drifting back to Zemina. He rose a hand, pointing it at the moon. "Here they will find themselves far more challenged."

With a jarring snap, a substantial portion of the nomadic Sirona were thrown upwards, traveling on a wisp of godly energy to Zemina. Their bodies shifted as they travelled, and as the light faded, they found themselves a different people entirely.

Thoughts began to seep through their leaders, ideas of a greater being and the gifts he was bringing them, warnings of the danger this new world might pose. The vision came across less as words, and more as feelings, a sense of mightiness and sheer presence, and the ideas it sent forth. They would know, and they would survive. They would recognize the identity of the spiritual being that was guiding them, looking out for them, and would feel safer for his existence. They could tribute his might and should pray to him for protection and safety. Then, eventually, they would thrive. They would be Sirona no longer, but Vedorci instead.

"These changes and challenges will temper them into forming greater societies than they could otherwise have dreamed."

A chunk of the nomadic Sirona population are relocated to Zemina and renamed the Vedorci. (-1 act)
Their bodies undergo a few changes, adapting for breathing air rather than the weird hybrid air-water-sphere thing on Trovat. Their anatomy changes to be less piscine, with more bipedal-lizardlike elements instead, focusing more on the limbs they already possessed. They are still covered in scales though. (-1 act)
Their hands develop dexterous fingers, and their coordination improves enough for them to best make use of this advantage. Their feet get distinct toes too but they aren't as useful. (-1 act)
They are blessed with ingenuity and drive, seeking to explore, understand and eventually dominate their environment. Although not exactly an overwhelming force on their racial psyche, it becomes an important part of their psychology. (-1 act)
Their leaders receive a basic vision from Pacian, and are encouraged to begin worshiping him for protection and guidance. (-1 act)
Alakim slams down his walking stick, hood falling away from his face to show his furious expression. "What gives you the right," he shouts, pointing a finger at Pacian, "to take my creations without so much as asking and spirit them off to your little moon?" Noticing his hand is beginning to shake, the Ever-Lost takes a deep breath to steady himself, to better control his rage.

When he has calmed, he continues, in a soft but nonetheless seething tone. "For that matter, to infiltrate their minds and rearrange them? I was willing to allow it last time, as loyalty and obedience seemed something valuable; all too late I realize I never should have done so."

Slowly, a wicked grin creeps across his face, and he now points to Trovat. "Touch my things without asking again, your Highness, and you will see precisely why you shouldn't. For now, I will see to it that those of my people that still remain are set on the right path."

In a flash, the leaders of both tribes of Sirona receive images of their creator, and of the god who stole away some of their tribe for his own purposes. The story is certainly biased, but never does it stray into outright falsehood.

The Sirona have received a vision of their creation, and the creation of the Vedorci. (1 act)
Pacian's head slowly tilted to one side. "I am authority." A long pause. "I gave them better chances at civilization, away from their thankless lives on that water world." He gestures to the great emptiness, the lack of much of anything on Trovat. "That world was incomplete. It could not bear civilization." His hand slowly strayed to Zemina. "Whereas all that world needed was intelligent life."

Pacian leaned slowly forwards, seeming to loom despite the fact neither of the gods were truly anchored in physical space. Finally, he spoke with an almost uncharacteristic swiftness. "Closing the minds of your people will not benefit them. Prejudice will bring only harm. They need authority and reason, not blind distrust of the 'others' on the moon. I tried to help those I could." He turned away. "If you wish to lock your followers in the darkness forever, so be it. But do not seek to spread your ignorance to Zemina."
Phwem was not very happy about this development. In fact, he was about as close to unhappy as a perpetually cheerful otter god could get.

"Well you're a poopyface! Why don't you make your own people instead of stealing ours!"

Phwem then "Hmph"ed and sulked all the way back to Trovat, where he decided to use the rest of his acts to make the planet a bunch better. "I'll show that stupidpants that this planet is much awesomer than his."

Phwem then, back in creative mode, thought about what to do. Then, he decided on something. Reaching towards the planet, he touched the surface of the continents, pulling out of them a bed of bamboo, each stalk several meters high. (-2 acts) Then, he swept his paws through the water, and out of the ripples came fish, each the size and approximate shape of a basketball, closely resembling pandas, their skin covered in a light mat of reddish fur. (-1 acts) These fish, which he called the Pandina Fish, would feed on the leaves of the bamboo grass. Phwem based their behavior on that of this native species, and as a result they were playful and fun loving.

"There. That should do it for now! I'll make sure to make it better soon though."

Phwem covers the continents in a bed of tall bamboo. (-2 acts)
Phwem creates the Pandina fish, which eat the bamboo leaves and act like otters. (-1 act)
"Oh come on," said Chamenos, uncharacteristically expressive. "Your people? Your creations? Are we here to just stake our own little claims in our own little corners of the universe or something? Fence off our own little solar systems? I'm sorry, I didn't realize there were rules I needed to be aware of!"

The young deity unfolded all arms in a manner that was dizzying to look at, then started waving them expressively. "You didn't complain when I changed your forest, did you? I didn't even ask! Is it 'cause he moved them? It's not like your population of whatever-the-shit's gonna die out 'cause of that, your waterworld's still got life! And you're still free to add shit to Zemina! Isn't that the point? To have more than one stupid perspective so we keep improving things? Me bringing up shit that you would have never thought of? Dammit!" And with that violent outburst completed, Chamenos signaled the end by flinging his arms up in exaggeration and turning around. Facing towards the two disorienting forests, the deity grabbed things that were not there and tugged the two ends together, linking the forests so that one could potentially travel to Zemina or Trovat quite by accident. (1 act)

"Maybe it'd be better if people got lost in there forever. Keep them isolated from bullshit."
"Oh, they'll get lost alright, you daft fool!" Alakim sighs. "Precisely what is your plan for when a species designed to survive in water travels to a distinctly not-water-covered moon, or when one modified to breathe air suddenly finds itself drowning? All you've done is ensure that nobody will dare enter those forests for fear of instantaneous death!"
"Exactly! I'm an idiot with no plans! I'm young and stupid and I don't think things through and all of my ideas are dumb and half-formed, and I need others to either tell me I'm stupid or improve my ideas, or make something based on my ideas! And I'm not gonna say some shit like 'don't do that,' 'cause as soon as shit's physical, it's not exactly mine anymore, is it?!"

With some sort of cry that sounded something like 'condescending bastard,' Chamenos suddenly waves those crazy arms around and finally links both forests to the afterlife. (2 acts)

"You'd think someone with 'travel' or 'discovery' under his belt'd not be so damn petty! Go choke on your stick and shove it down your ass!"
Alakim is taken aback, but rather than address Chamenos' concerns or the potential design flaws that remain, he just sort of makes vague hand gestures and mutters to himself about being unsure whether down is the right preposition.
Chamenos makes a strange, anguished gurgling sound and then suddenly sets the watersphere of Trovat on fire. Somehow. (1 act)
"Um. What in the world are you doing..."

Phwem is reasonably confused by the actions of Chamenos. However, due to having no power left, he simply tilts his head to the side and wonders what the god hopes to gain from this.
"I'm trying to talk sense into an idiot," says Chamenos, or at least she would have if he weren't incoherently screaming with rage and uselessly strangling the air.
Abselon flashed a smile. "Ah, excellent. Our power grows greater by the minute. Finally, I can get some decent life go-"

"Not yet." Dalibora smirked at Abselon - a smirk he had seen all too many times. Dalibora was going to get her way yet again, which she pointedly demonstrated by gesturing toward the pitiful afterlife.

"Come on, Abselon, you want to make more life when this is all they get when they die? We're still being empowered by the life the others are making. They can handle it for now."

"Yeah, you saw how well they've handled the first sapients. No way to manipulate things, scarcely any other life on the planet. This universe needs my intervention." Abselon frowned. He already knew how this was going to turn out.

"Hey, they've already started fixing those things! You've got trust issues, Absey. Just let me fix up this afterlife a bit, and I'll let you play with the mortals next turn. Unless you want your precious mortals wandering in the darkness forever~"

"...Fine. Make it quick, though." Dammit. She was like this even before they shared a body, and that didn't make things any better. Abselon wasn't really sure whether she was endearing or grating, but she was certainly persuasive. That or he didn't have a spine. One of the two.

"Thanks, Absey! Now then, time to get to work..."

With a wave of her hand, Dalibora divided the Realm of Souls into three sections. The first of these, Zabrav, was identical to the current state of the afterlife as a whole. A generic, mountainous expanse, with few features of interest for the souls residing there. Naturally, this realm would only serve as an entry point rather than a permanent afterlife - the souls of the dead would at first be barred entry to either of the other realms.

The first of the permanent afterlives, Narakh, was essentially Hell. The mountains there were much more jagged, the air sulfurous, the skies a blood red. Fires erupted from the ground at random intervals, and the dead would be reduced to the physical abilities of the living, as well as the pain tolerance. It wasn't very tormentous yet, but that would come in due time. Besides, Dalibora wasn't about to throw in eternal torment without a chance for redemption. That'd just be cruel.

If Narakh was Hell, then Sthani, the other afterlife, was just the opposite. The mountains were covered in grass and trees, and lakes and rivers dotted the landscape, unfortunately devoid of life as of yet. The dead here were unrestricted from the physical laws that governed the living, free from pain and injury, free even from gravity. A bit boring as of yet, but Dalibora only had so much to work with, and there was still more to be done. All afterlives would gain periodic updates as time passed.

The most important rule of these afterlives, however, is that it was impossible for souls to travel between them, save for a method that Dalibora had already devised in the back of her mind. Just as importantly, perhaps, was the fact that the barrier between Zabrav and the mortal realm was much weaker than that of the other afterlives - as such, the gods could not freely interact with the souls in Zabrav. Only in Sthani and Narakh could they do so, due to the nature of the universe - no free interactions with those still connected to the mortal realm.

Chamenos had also linked the forests of the mortal realm directly to the afterlife - portals now limited to Zabrav alone. That simply wouldn't do. Can't just have souls and mortals freely traveling between realms. With a wave of her hand, Dalibora spread the forests into the dreary darkness of Zabrav, hiding the portals on both sides in the most obscure cracks and crevices of the dense foliage. Only the most determined - or the most unfortunate - would find themselves slipping through.

A vital feature of the afterlife was still missing, Dalibora observed. The souls needed a way in. And, of course, there needed to be criteria for entry into one afterlife or the other. Judgment was a must. And what better way to pass judgment than to create a judge?

Dalibora gazed at the highest mountain in Zabrav, and frowned. A proper Judge would require a far greater number of acts than she was able to spend on it. She'd have to wait a bit. For now, she simply wrenched a pedestal from the ground in front of the mountain, a great series of stairs spiraling around to the top. Souls who thought themselves ready to face their ultimate fate would ascend these steps and face the currently-absent Judge.

The criteria for judging would be simple, and were etched into the base of the pedestal - those who were remorseless murderers, thieves, liars, or of other undesirable natures were likely to be cast into Narakh, whereas those of some virtue or those who have redeemed themselves from aforementioned undesirable natures would be allowed entry into Sthani. She'd make this clear to the living later, but for now this would do. Although it was currently quite pointless - there was no Judge yet. She made a note of putting a sign on top that said "Judge coming soon! Apologies for the inconvenience. - Management"

That was good enough for now, but in spite of her lack of power Dalibora had one more thing to do. On top of the high mountain behind the pedestal, a swirling blue gateway was formed, only accessible to those determined enough to climb the mountain. Souls entering this gateway would have their memories wiped, and would be reincarnated into a body befitting of their nature, selected from all creatures in the universe, sapient or otherwise. A second chance for those who felt they were unworthy of judging.

A cycle, if you will.

Abselon turned from idly watching the creatures of the universe. "Finally done?"

"Not quite. Still lots to be done."

"Just... don't forget our agreement, okay?"

"Of course."

Dalibora has partitioned the afterlife [-1 act]
Dalibora has modified Narakh [-2 acts]
Dalibora has modified Sthani [-2 acts]
Dalibora has spread the forests into Zabrav and made crossing between them much more difficult [-1 act]
Dalibora has created a massive pedestal in front of the highest mountain in Zabrav, describing the criteria for judging [-1 act]
Dalibora has created the GATE OF REINCARNATION [-2 acts]

Total: [-9 acts]
Alakim sighs in relief, scuffling over to Borlung's side before leaning heavily on his walking stick. "You have no idea how many lives you may have just saved." He gives a long, deep bow. "You have my gratitude, serpent."

He then mutters "at least someone here has some sense" while massaging his temples.
For his part, Chamenos finally manages to calm down, standing quietly, controlling his breathing. Then he straightens up and begins to applaud. "Oh, yeah, bra-freaking-vo. You asinine hypocrite, it wouldn't have killed anybody! He just freaking caused more deaths than I would've, which was NONE! DAMMIT," she exclaims, moving back to a more secluded corner. "I'm done. I'm done! If I talk any more, I'm just gonna get pissed off again by pompous assholes."

It was at this point that Chamenos dearly wished for a wall to punch or something.
The Ever-Lost whips around to face Chamenos, screaming at him, "HOW IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY DO YOU CREATE A FIRE - Underwater, by the by, I'm still trying to work out how this whole watersphere thing works that you managed that - AND SAY "OH IT WOULDN'T HAVE KILLED ANYTHING. And even if it wouldn't, why create the fire in the first place? You're accusing me of being an ass, but either you've been wasting your power or severely endangering things with it!" Alakim's tattoos begins to glow as he stands up as tall as he can manage. "I'll say one thing for Pacian - I may not be happy with what he's doing, but at least he damn well knows what he's doing and why! Where do you get the stones to lecture me? What have you contributed but some pretty stars and an empty-ass other dimension?"

Apparently finished shouting, he leans heavily on his walking stick and continues to glare at Chamenos, growling incoherently.
"YOU BLIND OLD BAT IT WAS ON TOP OF THE WATER, NOT IN IT!" Chamenos breathes in another deep breath to apparently belt out more insults, but apparently decides to keep quiet and instead fumes, muttering darkly about 'blowing off steam.'
"You know what, I can't take this anymore," Abselon mumbled, pulling Dalibora with him over to the squabbling gods.

"You are all acting like children!" Abselon suddenly bellowed to the masses.

"All of you are squabbling over ownership, over such inconsequential matters! Do you think that this universe would be better if we all sat in our little corners, playing with our own toys alone? Do you think, Alakim, that the mere suggestion that 'your' planet is incomplete is consequential? The planet is incomplete! The universe is incomplete, for that matter, and it's going to stay that way if you keep up this pointless rivalry! Pacian did nothing but take a small amount of 'your' mortals to more easily grant another planet sapient life, a planet with a much more complete biosphere, at that."

Abselon paused to collect himself. "All this fighting is going to do is tear our universe apart. Chamenos, your impulsiveness is worrying. Alakim, your belligerency is even worse. For the good of the universe, grow up, all of you."

Abselon continued to glare.

"You're a lot more talkative when you're angry," Dalibora idly noted.

"Shut up, Dali," Abselon grumbled.
Something that could almost be construed as a smile twitched at the edges of Pacian's mouth.
Alakim opens his mouth as if to say something, then closes it and just sort of shuffles about, mumbling something under his breath.
Phwem, not really part of this argument, tries to swirl the waters of Trovat to put out the flames. However, lacking the power to solidify his form, his arm just kinda passed through it instead.
"So you listen to him and not me?"

Chamenos simply sighs. "Fine. Sure. I'll try not to lose my temper and shit."
[Image: JamEnd.png]

{JAM EDITION #3}

With a flurry of sparkling dust, the Manacled Meanderer frees the Sirona from their state of impotence. To the Nomads he grants physical limbs, to the Cavern-Dwellers, a mental one. The Compassionate Craftsman, hoping to mitigate the conflict that inevitably rises from such a division, visited the leaders of the Sirona in a vision. Declaring his divinity [and the existence of others], he sought to impress upon the Sirona the basics of agriculture, with emphasis on that which would suit their lifestyles.

The Divinity of Mist expands the watersphere to a truly gigantic size while ensuring that it does not crush those who live beneath.

The Undying King imbues the Sirona with a strong sense of hierarchy and the inclination to be led. Respect for leaders and authority would, he believed, lead the Sirona towards the development of true civilization.

The Dutiful Divinity expresses his thanks, and diversifies Trovat’s flora with a creeping Woodvine and a tangled, floating forest. The Childish Deceiver transforms the second of these into an ever changing maze, and makes another such twisted forest on Zemina from evergreens. He proposes that the forest might be an ideal home for carnivores, but it is swiftly pointed out that there would need be substantial incentive for prey to brave such a treacherous locale.

A large portion of the Nomadic Sirona are forcibly migrated to Zemina by the Ghostly Tyrant. Their bodies are substantially altered to suit the more challenging location, and on their spirits they feel the touch of the divine; a leader greater than any of their mortal imitations. Thus they became Vedorci.

Sirona’s Creator is outraged. To the Sirona of Trovat, he shows a vision of their creation, and that of the Vedorci, looking to defame his meddling contemporary. The Meaning of Living takes offense at the Tyrant’s low opinion of Trovat, and blankets the planet in towering bamboo, complemented by a population of otter-like Pandina fish.

The Angsty Godling, sick of the territorial posturing, links together the Lost Forests of Zemina and Trovat. The vastly different atmospheres are strangely reconciled in its depths; what seems a pond or stream may in fact prove to be a gate to the other world. A stern lecture spurs the Profanity Spewing Divinity to even more audacious actions. First he links the Lost Forests to the Plane of Souls.

Then he ignites the watersphere of Trovat.

The Twinned Dragon deals with the first action as part of a grand improvement of the Plane of Souls. They limit the presence of the Lost Forest to the transitional land of Zabrav, and hide the portals to the mortal plane well. They raise a pedestal before a mountain, and atop the mountain they form the Gate of Reincarnation. Though no judge yet exists to decide a soul’s destination, the Dragon of Duality prepares two: hellish Narakh, and serene Sthani. When a soul at last enters either of these permanent afterlives, they are considered entirely separate from the realm of the living, and the Divinities may interact with them at no cost whatsoever.

The second divine reptile, the Snake of Cycles, deals with the paltry, harmless tantrum flames in a most novel fashion. He turns the flame into a perpetual phenomenon and seasonal wave, and instructs it to target none but life near the end of its natural span. Reality may appear much abused to permit such an absurdity as an underwater flame--but such is simply the nature of Divinity.

What strange nature have these bright caretakers

Let us begin with the events that unfolded exactly as anticipated.

The Fungi of Gakba’s Belt proceeded to make a slow recovery, though they are still not back to their former abundance.

(It is perhaps not coincidental that this was the sole area of creation not acted upon this era.)

Next, a short list of events which could have been anticipated in the broadest strokes.

The Sirona and descendant Vedorci developed more advanced societies, though we shall discuss the particulars of these later.

The Nomadic Sirona and Cavern-Dwelling Sirona were at odds with each other.

Some souls used the Gate of Reincarnation.

A fire swept over Trovat each season.

Primitive worship began to take shape.

But I shall tease you no longer, and tell you of events--

A bud’s first scent fades quickly

Lapped up and transformed

From fleeting “promise” to nuanced “certainty”

Of promise secured and made flowing as nectar

To all insects who are thusly drawn,

Butterfly, maggot; honeybee, wasp;

This is knowledge is instinctive.

How furiously they flutter before the flame.

-- as they unfolded.

The Cavern Sirona live in abundance, and at first take up farming not out of need, but of a combination of curiosity, boredom, and respect for authority. After all, the bamboo and woodvines seem to grow almost faster than they can be removed, and the algae seems plentiful enough if one ventures high enough. But the knowledge came from the dreams of authority, and the dreams were said to reveal a still greater hierarchy, and so, though puzzled, they obeyed.

When the Fire swept the world, consuming not only the aged but also any who had the misfortune of being too close, they realized the wisdom of it, for when the season of Flame descended they could retreat to their caves and feed on the preserved food without fear. With such foresight, the God who had enlightened them must surely be the King, protecting them from a malicious Demon. And though those who had the original visions were gone, consumed by the Flame, they recalled vaguely a description of a greater being that seemed to fit.

The days passed in relative peace for the Cavern Sirona, who now felt they had a good understanding of the universe and their place in it. They were blessed by the Gods, and misfortune at the hands of Demons awaited those who strayed from the path set down for them-- those who had left their divinely granted home and those who allowed themselves to be called away to the Empty Realm. They had even settled, at last, on an explanation of their telekinesis, as a tool granted to them by the God (or perhaps by one of his subordinates, such as the one revealed in a later vision, the Creator), so that they might carry out his will, and thought little of it, until a group of Nomads re-appeared.

They looked different, decorated themselves strangely, their speech was different, and it was evident that they had not been blessed with the gift of the God, despite what they claimed. Many pointed out their resemblance to the ones in the Creator’s tale, those spirited away by the King of the Demons (As they had placed him in their understanding of the pantheon), and on that ground alone thought to drive them away. Nevertheless, the Cavern Elders, in their wisdom, sought first to negotiate with them, and their will was obeyed.

They thought to offer the Elarti Nomads safety, purpose, and enlightenment in exchange for their exotic animals and aid in caring for them--an exchange the Cavern Dwellers believed to be more than generous. They said they would consider it. It was viewed as acceptance, though less enthusiastic than expected, and so over the following weeks the Cavern Sirona took it upon themselves to civilize their newest citizens, teaching them the proper way to live and gently but firmly correcting their heretical beliefs.

Imagine their shock when the Nomads left, following the wandering Elarti without a backwards glance. It was only after that the Cavern Dwellers began to piece together an understanding of the Nomads, the extent of their heresy.

They considered the Elarti Trees to be divine creatures, and that through following and caring for them they would be closer to the gods. They considered what the Cavern Dwellers knew to be the King God to be a mere Messenger--and one whose messages could be recieved through the Elarti Trees, and to a lesser extent the Pandina fish. They did not spurn the Empty Realm, but viewed it as a blessed realm; taking refuge there during the Season of Flame, and even leaving offerings as thanks. They placed the Creator as the leader of the Pantheon, and while they agreed that the Fiery Demon and King Demon were horrible, they did not view the latter as an inevitable tormenter of those who wandered from the God’s Path, but merely something akin to a rogue trickster god, tweaking the noses of his superiors.

The Cavern Elders reached a decision. The Nomads had been presented with the truth, and they chose to spurn it. Using rough stone, javelins were shaped from the bamboo. When the next tribe of Nomads wandered near, they did not hesitate to slaughter them.

To have the scent suddenly swell

And then fade with a sickly gasp

Something is amiss.

Flower fed on bile of unmakers, of traitors and of fakers

And what of those spirited away by the Divinity of Authority, the new-made Vedorci?

They were at first confused and disoriented, as would any upon such a sudden change of circumstance. But they felt comforted and protected by something greater than themselves, and when they saw Trovat burning, they gave thanks that they were saved.

As they explored their new home, they discovered an element of danger absent from their home. The luminous Maso seemed a constant threat. Weather was unpredictable. People would vanish, and not always return. Other animals would eat the most desirable foods, and were not themselves sources of food. Insects would bite.

They looked for ways to protect themselves. Crude weapons were shaped from bits of stone, branches, and vines. They built shelters of mud and grass, and never traveled alone. They tried to coax the fruiting vines to grow nearby, with some success. It was slow, but definite progress.

The souls of the dead were quick to investigate the new features of their plane. They were unable to enter either afterlife, and quite perplexed by the pedestal and sign, entirely lacking a written language. Though divine script does its best to accommodate understanding, most of the message was, as they say, lost in translation. Most came away with a vague idea that they were waiting for something.

A handful of souls braved the mysterious gateway and were re-incarnated, though not all were fortunate enough to be reborn as ensouled creatures. Others wandered into the Lost Forest, but they were few enough, aimless enough, and perhaps unfortunate enough that they did not happen upon a path back to the mortal realm.

The Energy of New Beginnings provides everyone with four acts.

The Energy of New Beginnings fades significantly.

And still they know not yet the game.

Acts

Chamenos: 0+9=9

Dalibora, Abselon: 2+11=13

Pacian IX: 1+9=10

Phwem: 0+8=8

Borlung: 4+9=13

Macian Scelle: 4+9=13

Alakim: 1+10=11

Universal Reference SheetShow
RE: Godhood XIV - Usurper [Jam Edition Turn 4]
Alakim stares at Trovat for a long time before raising his head and looking off into the distance. He pulls up his hood, concealing his face, but anyone can see that he's running a hand beneath his eyes.

"...I have failed. Even when I create, I bring nothing but war."

He begins to pace. "There must be a way," he thinks aloud. "A prophet to bring the two together? No, his pleas might fall on deaf ears... but perhaps... Yes!" With renewed vigor, he plucks a handful of stars from the air and begins arranging them to form grand designs for a complicated temple. "When I finish this, they will have no choice but to treat each other well... at least, I pray as much."