Your Mechanical Death - Run 1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Mechanical Death - Run 1
RE: Your Mechanical Death - Run 1
(10-31-2016, 04:41 AM)a52 Wrote: »(How many moves are allowed per turn, btw?)

There isn't really a set number (because it has't been a problem), but 3 is probably the most someone could get away with and definitely no more than 1 attack.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
What do the m's on the map mean? I can't seem to find them in the glossary.
Can we learn each other's spells? Anyone want to temporarily trade books next turn and see?
> I'm up for trading books if it works.
> Fart.
You must be registered to view this content.
I'm up for trading books! I'm reading mine right now but it'd be nice to learn some other spells.
I go down the rock path
SpoilerShow
>Aberforth: Participate in the book swap.
(10-31-2016, 12:08 PM)Bobert Wrote: »What do the m's on the map mean? I can't seem to find them in the glossary.

Whoops, those are Crawling Moss and the glossary had them as 'c' instead of 'm', my bad. I've just fixed that.

((also, anyone can now edit the Player Almanac, so go wild or keep your own docs or whatever, you don't necessarily need them anyways))
Sig:
SpoilerShow
MAP Wrote:DUNGEON FLOOR 1
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
- f ~ o m . . m . . . . -
- ~ m m , , m @ m . . . =
- ~ m / , m @ @ @ m m . - - - - -
- ~ @ / , @ @ @ m . . . - o . o -
- o # . . m @ m . . . @ . . D . -
- @ . m m m . . . m . . - . π . -
- i - - - - - - - - . - - o . o -
- i i d d . - . ` ` ` - - = - - -
- d s . . . = . ` . . -
- - - - - - - . ` ` ` -
? ? ? ? ? ? - . . . ` =
? ? ? ? ? ? - . . . ` -
? ? ? ? ? ? - . □ . ` -
? ? ? ? ? ? - . @ ` S -
? ? ? ? ? ? - - - - - -

LEGEND:
SpoilerShow

Player InfoShow

Jack grabs the second gnome corpse, then heads to open the door at (13,3). A Nya Devout sleeps beside an alter to Nya. They look peaceful. They are sleeping. A Pamphlet of Nya rests on the alter.

Feefs studies their Book of Birds, learning more of their spell Feather Fall:
Feather Fall(1 MP) - Causes a single target or object to move in the air more slowly, negating damage from large falls. Can also cause an object to be ineffective when thrown. The effect will wear out after a short period.
Feefs feels like they could learn a new spell if they read the Book of Birds at a higher level.

Aaron strategically moves to bottle neck the doorway, preparing an attack. Aaron's Full Plate of Existential Flux reappears! Aaron's Lance and Shield of Existential Flux disappear.

Logitech bites Jeremy, killing him! Logitech eats Jeremy's body. Tastes like awful...

Rest in piece, Jeremy, son of Jeremy.

Pacrin studies their Book of Moral Support, learning more about their spell Heal:
Heal(2 MP) - Restores the life force of a single target, healing a moderate amount of health. This spell doesn't work on those without life (ex. golems) and will damage the undead.
Pacrin feels they could learn a new spell from their Book of Moral Support if they read it again at a higher level.
Pacrin drinks the potion of alcohol, and feels euphoria. Pacrin is drunk! Pacrin stumbles.

Pacrin(8 max mana), Vuarna(15 max mana), Feefs(11 max mana), Ushy(5 max mana), and Aberforth(7 max mana) study each other's books. Each feels like they could learn some of the spells as follows:
  • Feather Fall (1 MP) - see above
  • Heal (2 MP) - see above
  • Throw Sludge (1 MP) - Throws a ball of hazardous sludge at a single target, inflicting poison damage on its mark. Can be thrown from long ranges.
  • Summon Cloud (1 MP) - Summons a magical cloud over a 3x3 area, raining down on it. This spell will cause plants to heal (and grow, if applicable) and will injure creatures weak to water. This spell cannot be cast from a distance.
  • Sense Future(1 MP) - Predicts a potential future action(s) of a single target, as well as possible afflictions and statuses. Can be used on any known creature; some are more predictable than others.
However, they recalled that the total mana cost of learnt spells cannot exceed one's own mana reserves.
Pacrin's vision is blurry. Vuarna releases gas.

Ushy casts Summon Cloud twice, turning the moss around them into dense moss and then crawling moss! Ushy feels depleted.

Quinn moves down the rock path, until they are in front of the chest.

The Archer fish prepares to dodge.

The Crawling Moss adjacent attacks, but deals no damage. The other Crawling Mosses move around.

The imp charges, and is smacked by a prepared Aaron for minor damage! The bottlenecking is successful. Two of the lesser moon demons call on the night, and Aaron is blasted with light for 3 damage total!

The Nya Devout sleeps.

>_
Sig:
SpoilerShow
> Take Glowing key and mace, someone else can take the armor.

> Head towards Nya Devout room without stepping in to the Noxious Cloud like an idiot.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
>Take one of the pillows, read the pamphlet.
[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: PxleLogo_Da.gif?dl=1][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: PxleSig_%5BLOST%5D.png?dl=1][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
> Hey Logitech, I can heal you for thirty gold.

> Head towards statue of a human
>try to open the chest
>examine statue
SpoilerShow
Mana reserves of 11, yeaaaaaah! I learn Heal and heal myself, and I also learn... well, the rest of those. I can forget them if I run out of enough slots, right?
> No fusion spells? Bah! Get away from this Book-Swap witchery and head to the room on the east.
Expect an update on Friday or the weekend.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Aaron attacks the imp! He may not have his lance, but maybe his horse can do something.
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
> I think I have enough mana to learn all the currently available spells besides my own. But I will do it only if the other magic users consent to it.
> Otherwise: Form a pact with Pacrin Ob your saviour. You can't traverse alone and a healer and a kung fu warlock make for a balanced duo.
(11-06-2016, 12:45 AM)iamgodyes Wrote: »> Hey Logitech, I can heal you for thirty gold.

> SOLD!

> aka Make loud gator noises and throw 30 gold their way.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
> Cast heal at Logitech
> Pick up 30 gold

> If I have enough actions left, form an alliance with Vuarna.
MAP Wrote:DUNGEON FLOOR 1
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
- ~ ~ o m . . m . m . . -
- ~ m m , , m @ . . . . =
- ~ m . , , @ m . . m m - - - - -
- ~ . / , @ > @ m . @ @ - . . o -
- o # . . m @ . . . @ . @ @ D . -
- @ m m . m . . m . . . - . π . -
- i - - - - - - - - m - - o . o -
- i d d . . - . ` ` ` - - = - - -
- d s . . . = . ` . . -
- - - - - - - . ` ` ` -
? ? ? ? ? ? - . . . ` =
? ? ? ? ? ? - . . . ` -
? ? ? ? ? ? - . □ . ` -
? ? ? ? ? ? - . @ S ` -
? ? ? ? ? ? - - - - - -

LEGEND:
SpoilerShow

Player InfoShow

Logitech grabs the mace and glowing key. They feel like using the key in the air in front of them would open an unseen door. Logitech moves towards the Nya (and doesn't move through the noxious cloud).

Jack moves into the Nya room, taking a pillow and reading the pamphlet.

Nya Pamphlet:
SpoilerShow

Pacrin Ob offers Logitech some healing for a price (30 gold, which is accepted). The exchange is made. Logitech feels restored. Pacrin attempts to move towards the human statue, but instead stumbles and falls, taking 1 damage.

Quinsy tries to open the chest and succeeds, revealing 98 gold, a glowing dagger, and 2 unknown potions. The chest glows. The human statue glows and comes to life!

Ushy tries to use Cloud and fails. Ushy feels weakened...

Feefs learns all the spells! Feefs casts heal on themselves.

Plaq moves into the Nya room.

Aaron will's their mount to fight, and it kicks the imp twice, killing it! It's body disappears. Aaron feels more experienced. Your lance reappears! Your mount and full plate disappear...

Vuarna learns all the spells! Vuarna stays close to Pacrin, the pair forming an alliance.

Everyone in / near the Nya room (Vuarna, Pacrin, Logitech, Jack, Plaq) feels as if they could announce their faith and join the religion. No one else is currently close enough to the alter...

An imp advances, clawing Aaron for 2 damage!

A lesser moon demon calls down moonlight, blasting Aaron for 2 damage!

The crawling moss hits the archer fish, killing it! Everyone feels a little more experienced. The crawling moss hits the imp, injuring it! Some crawling mosses move around, others do nothing.

The living statue advances. Quinsy is filled with dread.

The Nya Devout's nose wrinkles in their sleep.

>_
Sig:
SpoilerShow
>Yeah sure, I'll join the Sleepybros.; Jaunt over to (1,11) and toss a throwing axe at the statue!
[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: PxleLogo_Da.gif?dl=1][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: PxleSig_%5BLOST%5D.png?dl=1][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...