A Different Realm [Done!]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Different Realm [Done!]
Re: A Different Realm
Originally posted on MSPA by ArgonVile.

has anybody fought centaur before? does anybody know his weaknesses? there's a lot of people here maybe some of them have information
Originally posted on MSPA by KittenEater.

Uh, okay guys, listen. Yes, I'm still working on the update, no this adventure is not dropped. The next update isn't quite finished yet because it's gonna be kinda huge, like not huge like past huge updates, but HUEG huge. This is because I can't think of a good stopping point anywhere in the update yet...

So yeah. What I'm saying is, hang in there some more, it'll come. And allow me to reward your current patience with a quickly-drawn Tolu.
[Image: 2z65qg5.png]

Yep.
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
Originally posted on MSPA by Gnauga.

Adorable.
I anticipate HUEG update with more adorable ass-kicking.

yay tolu!! that was a nice present. thank you i will be patient

aaaaa

[Image: 251.png]
"Okay everyone, it shouldn't take long for Centaur to get here, so we're gonna go over some battle tactics, right Tolu?"
"Yes Fairy
Centaur will be easily confused like if we shoot belief power at him from all around but some of us aren't good at controlling belief so i guess we can just attack his legs or something
itd be good if we burned up his wings first though so he cant fly
and then we just---"

[Image: 252.png]
A choir of snapping trees and fluttering wings suddenly interrupts the speech, and with a slither through the air and a relatively ungraceful landing, Centaur greets the gathered people of Topia.

[Image: 253.png]
"I AM HERE FOR THE ONE
SO VERY SMALL, YET SO LARGE
LARGER THAN I, WITH ITS POWER"

[Image: 254.png]
"IF YOU HAND OVER THE ONE
I WILL NOT TAKE OVER TOPIA
DESPITE MY DESIRE TO INHABIT IT"

[Image: 255.png]
"Alex, go to the back of the crowd. Be prepared to give up all of your power if you have to."
"I HOPE I CAN GET THIS
WITHOUT RESORTING TO USE OF FORCE"

[Image: 256.png]
You shuffle to the back of the crowd. As you pass by Tolu, he calls you.
"... and if you try not to be eaten that would be good too
oh hey Alex hey Fairy said you can supply us with power to shoot Centaur
you must have a lot that must be what Centaur was talking about
I mean maybe you know he lies a lot he was lying about not wanting to use force or not taking over Topia"

[Image: 257.png]
"Listen, we're not going to give up Topia OR Alex. Go back home before we make you."

[Image: 258.png]

[Image: 259.png]
"I SUPPOSE I MUST DESTROY YOU
TO FULFILL MY DESIRE FOR POWER"

"FIRE!!!"

[Image: 260.png]

[Image: 261.png]

[Image: 262.png]

[Image: 263.png]
Nearly insignificant bits of your power are leeched away, heated up, and thrown at Centaur as a form of attack. A few lucky shots grazed him, burning him, but he still fights.

[Image: 264.png]
And now that you think about it, you have an idea. You will need more power, but there's a good source nearby.

[Image: 265.png]

[Image: 266.png]

[Image: 267.png]

[Image: 268.gif]
How... is ironic the right term here? Yes, I think it is. How ironic it is that he was defeated by what he desired, and became that he desired, only to be absorbed by that which he thought he could threaten.
Originally posted on MSPA by Xander.

A-Alex? Are... are you ok? You're scaring everyone....
Originally posted on MSPA by Rasputenn.

[img]images/smilies/icon_eek.gif[/img]
......Uhhh..Alex? I-i think that maybe you should calm down by just a little?
Originally posted on MSPA by Zaffa.

Way to go Alex! Centaur's down, right?
Anyway: "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" and all. You're probably playing with fire now...
Originally posted on MSPA by Gnauga.

Hey Alex, chiiiill. You're getting devil horns and bat wings and stuff, girl. I don't even know how that's possible. Deep breaths Alex, deep breaths.
Originally posted on MSPA by Asmodemus.

> Yay, everything is fine now. Time to calm down and see about helping the others that are around.

@Naesr: I continue to believe.
Originally posted on MSPA by Naesr Tazam.

Alex... demonic?

> Naesr: Suspension of disbelief, gone. Belief, gone.

> Alex: Gradually depower as some readers come to stop believing in you.

Naesr Tazam Wrote:Alex... demonic?

> Naesr: Suspension of disbelief, gone. Belief, gone.

> Alex: Gradually depower as some readers come to stop believing in you.
Hey now, wings + horns doesn't necessarily mean evil. Just as Dark is not Evil and Light is not Good. I'd stick around for awhile before jumping to conclusions like a Mexican Conclusion-Jumping Bean or something.
Originally posted on MSPA by Naesr Tazam.

But I like jumping to conclusions.

Also, Dark is Not Evil is an overplayed trope that is more often than not employed solely for the sake of subverting established trends so one can play as the otherwise Always Chaotic Evil races. I've played far too much D&D.
Originally posted on MSPA by Tseralith.

They hurt your friends... Now make sure they'll regret ever doing it!
Originally posted on MSPA by Iyestorm.

You already have enough power, if you could do something like that so easy, so let's put this power to okay use.

>Alex: Spit the rest of that power out, use it to build something. Anything. Whatever you like, it's up to you. Maybe a nice tower to look over the forest or something.

...I'm more worried that absorbing someone's power lets them take over your mind or something.
Originally posted on MSPA by Kavukamari.

put down the power alex, you don't need that yucky evil power, just throw it away :V

everybody is so hungry for power! were they like this before you showed up to topia alex?
Originally posted on MSPA by Laron.

Alex......let it go......Don't let something so simple as power control you.
Originally posted on MSPA by Yamtaggler.

>Manage to be adorable even though you have demonic accesories now.

Ugh. How many times must I remind you guys that horns+wings =/= evil? We'll have to see how Centaur's belief power affects Alex before we jump to conclusions, if that power even has any real effect besides the cosmetic changes.
Originally posted on MSPA by Iyestorm.

Hmm... oh, I know! Just in case my earlier suggestion is wrong and you're still the lovable you...

>Alex: Be the most evil being ever! Stay up past your bedtime! Make rude faces at people! Say that you'll share your cookies but then decide not to! Bwahahaha! You'll be the evilist, puppy-kickingist, steal-candy-from-babiesist evil overlord around! And you're gonna take over the world!
Originally posted on MSPA by master death.

YAY PLOT TWIST!
MORE POWER TO YOU!
>Alex: revenge. now.

[Image: 269.png]
You are attracting strange new looks from the residents of Topia. Fear. Shock.

[Image: 270.png]
Fairy is running over to you from the front of the crowd. He's sharing the look of fright. He also seems to be shorter than you... or are you floating?

[Image: 271.png]
Fairy is shrieking something about power and transforming. He said something about you and black wings and horns... He said you HAVE black wings and horns?

Hey. You do. And you ARE floating. You descend down to the ground.

[Image: 272.png]
Fairy's still freaking out about all this. He's asking you why, and even how, you just absorbed Centaur. He's afraid that having too much belief can be bad, and you just transformed after getting a ton of belief...

[Image: 273.png]
Belief... belief! You're starting to see something again. It's speaking to you.

[Image: 274.png]
It's telling you that you have enough power to create something new with. It's telling you to give Centaur's remains to it so it can fashion something new out of it. You can't create anything with the power, only weild it, and it needs that power back.

[Image: 275.png]
Well now, if you're going to give away enough power to make a new living being, you might as well give away enough to make a GOOD living being! Your ears are tuning back in to the world around you, and Tolu has just reminded everyone that the fight is not over yet! You have an idea

[Image: 276.png]
sweet mother heaven you have an IDEA
but how will these guys fit in?
they cant abosrb power
most cant even fly
but one of them does, you think you will have him come with you

[Image: 277.png]
woah he's right in your face you musta really been zonin out
"Alex! ALEX! LISTEN TO ME! Are you alright?! OhheavenpleaseletherbealrightALEX"
"What?"
"Alex, what are you talking about? You need to rest. You should--- oh heaven, they were fighting outside my tree, I hope it's alright... Okay, everyone, let's go to the Bili Woods. The fauns should be disoriented without a leader, and maybe the trolls already defeated them, but we should really check and see. You guys who don't have enough power to fight should take the wounded back to Topia. Come on, let's go!"

[Image: 278.png]
Everyone is following Fairy. Everyone is passing you by, fear showing brightly on their faces. None of them have ever been close to so much power. They think having so much power would cause one to be out of control, but you feel better than ever before, and you feel completely in control. You could probably even control them through their power. But you don't think you will. That would scare them even more, and be pointless. You'd like to practice that, though, it might be useful to know how.

Well, Alex? Shouldn't you be following them?

:>_:
Originally posted on MSPA by siguard.

>yes follow them, they need some help and did nothing but try and help you when you first got here (except that one ghost but forget about that) you need to start focusing a little better, you are starting to zone out at the slightest things.

Yeah, go follow Fairy. On the way there, let your ideas... Er, coalesce. Solidify. Be less all over the place and actually resemble a plan of action for later.