[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)

[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)
RE: [Fortuna] Suggestion topic (1/15)
SpoilerShow

(01-16-2016, 12:01 AM)Apo11o Wrote: »Athena's Cosmodex entry already mentions she doesn't mind Minerva and in fact gets along with her quite well, so I'd think she'd be pretty okay with having her Roman counterpart along in any case.
Let me phrase that differently: Ahtena likes Minerva, so getting a Minerva ship would be a safe bet if we want to pick an AI she likes. However, if we get a ship of a god she doesn't like personally (Like Poseidon), I believe she would be bussinesslike to deal with that if they were useful.
(01-16-2016, 12:05 AM)Fellow Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

Also on the note of what ship we might get we may want to move this to the discussion topic.

>Review CJ's file
>Review Marble's file
(01-16-2016, 12:11 AM)LoverIan Wrote: »Also on the note of what ship we might get we may want to move this to the discussion topic.
Err, this was my reply to Athena?

>Cea and Latta
> Cea and Edel
(01-16-2016, 12:11 AM)LoverIan Wrote: »Also on the note of what ship we might get we may want to move this to the discussion topic.
There's no need to move things to the discussion topic anymore because we don't need to worry about page count. Discuss away.

This topic is sort of good for current events and maybe the discussion topic is for general things. (I'm still counting ship picking as current events as I'm likely picking from suggestions)
>Let's see Slate's and CJ's file! That's sure to be a barrel full of kittens.
>Hey, speaking of carrying over in the next Universe. Do any of you know of an item that would let you guys do that? Or maybe a way for you to temporarily gain dominion over the aspect of Death, which might allow you to carry over with your memories intact? Can't Mors just save a file of them or something? And speaking-of, what exactly was up with that "Cosmic Best Friends Forever" stat Mors kept pushing?

Also, i was gonna sugest a ship, but i lost track of that page where Mors explains what each one does, and the new Cosmodex seems a litttle empty.

BrB
(01-16-2016, 04:29 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »Also, i was gonna sugest a ship, but i lost track of that page where Mors explains what each one does, and the new Cosmodex seems a litttle empty.

Just ctrl-f Bia in the mirror archives. Though presumably the ship we're getting could be any kind, not just the gods and ships we know about.
And I'm back! Just finished ABBY Screenshot Reader-ing the ship section from the mirror, and posting it on the old Cosmodex spreadsheet Comment section :D

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...dit#gid=13

(01-16-2016, 05:05 PM)Fellow Wrote: »Just ctrl-f Bia in the mirror archives. Though presumably the ship we're getting could be any kind, not just the gods and ships we know about.

Thanks for the pointer btw ^^

Now for some much needed answers questions from our patrons.

>Hey, so, would using a Mors ship or an Ananke actually extend the number of planets you visit per gameplay? What about the highly illegal Janus ship?
>Yeah, why DO we need another ship?
An introvert, even online.

Currently seeking cosmic knowledge. Contact me if you know anything about the following:
SpoilerShow
(01-16-2016, 04:29 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »Mors
Mors
Mors

They prefer to be called Clockwork. This may help us stay on their good side.
It's okay to refer to them as Mors sometimes, but out of respect we may want to try and switch to Clockwork.

(01-16-2016, 07:26 PM)The Flower King Wrote: »>Yeah, why DO we need another ship?

>More ships, more crew slots. Allows more flexibility on a larger crew and allows us to not have to large numbers of people off the crew too soon.
(01-16-2016, 07:51 PM)LoverIan Wrote: »
(01-16-2016, 04:29 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »Mors
Mors
Mors

They prefer to be called Clockwork. This may help us stay on their good side.
It's okay to refer to them as Mors sometimes, but out of respect we may want to try and switch to Clockwork.

We're past shipping Gods, now we're at shipping Ships with sextant shipping-charts. Get with the program! :P

Butt seriously, i meant Mors the ship, which is how Clockwork "previously known as Mors" refers to it as :P
Majority vote Wrote:> Cea and Edel

[Image: Sb3xdch.gif]

Edel's file
SpoilerShow

Cea's file
SpoilerShow

Quote:[The center of the universe is dangerous, isn't it? With an extra ship we can split up when we get to that juncture, this'll act as a failsafe so that we can reach fortuna even if our visit to the center of the universe goes bad. Getting another ship also allows us to recruit potentially useful crew members if we come across any(Well, if we come across more than one, anyway.), without sending any of our current crew members away and costing us morale. On top of that, we don't have a lot of ships available at the moment and we wouldn't mind unlocking a new one in the spirit of planning ahead.]

[Image: chV1oYZ.gif]
Explain to me this then co-player. Which one of us in going to the center of the universe? When we split up you won't be able to see or hear what I'm doing, and I won't be able to hear or see what you're doing. Clearly I need to go to the center of the universe because I want to, and you need to go to the center of the universe because you need to speak with the limbo god. There's only one ship that can get us there. Do the math co-player, someone one is going to need to watch over the other ship unless you want a large risk of it getting blown up when we're not looking! I predict the middle of the universe will count as our 4th planet. The 5th planet is Fortuna. Do you think a ship will be able to make that Fortuna roll without help?

Mind this one panel update, there was a lot of writing to do and I just didn't want there to be a weird gap in Athena talking. Athena and Helios will also be answering some of the questions posted before that they didn't get around to doing.
RE: [Fortuna] Suggestion topic (1/16)
A Nike (Evasive with supposedly decent fire power and high morale) or Tyche (Increased luck) would have the best chance at survival without us.
SpoilerShow

That's a really good point Athena. Hrm, well what if we retired that second ship before planet 4?
The only other alternative I can think of is trying to have the second ship stock up on as much food as we can get it to, and have them wait for us before heading to the Fortuna signal with us.
I know you don't like Luck, so I won't try to press a Tyche or Fortuna ship on you. I personally don't like crew being too manipulated, but if we had to I'd be definitely ok if we got a Bia, Nike, or other evasive ship.
Wait no I have another idea still... If we try to outfit the ship with both good food resources and weapons, it might stand a chance. The Fortuna Roll might play in the favor of the ship, or it might not. But if we work hard enough it'll stand that much more a chance.
>Athena: Well what about Nike's ship? Could it survive a trip to the center of the universe like this Mercury ship? Or how about Bia's ship. Granted, it's apparently only a one-seater?
(01-17-2016, 01:13 AM)LoverIan Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

That's a really good point Athena. Hrm, well what if we retired that second ship before planet 4?
The only other alternative I can think of is trying to have the second ship stock up on as much food as we can get it to, and have them wait for us before heading to the Fortuna signal with us.
I know you don't like Luck, so I won't try to press a Tyche or Fortuna ship on you. I personally don't like crew being too manipulated, but if we had to I'd be definitely ok if we got a Bia, Nike, or other evasive ship.
Wait no I have another idea still... If we try to outfit the ship with both good food resources and weapons, it might stand a chance. The Fortuna Roll might play in the favor of the ship, or it might not. But if we work hard enough it'll stand that much more a chance.

This means sacrificing resources that could go to the Mercury though, which is already in shambles and will likely be besieged by Mercury later.

(01-17-2016, 01:27 AM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »>Athena: Well what about Nike's ship? Could it survive a trip to the center of the universe like this Mercury ship? Or how about Bia's ship. Granted, it's apparently only a one-seater?

The entire reason we got the Mercury is because it's the only ship that could survive a trip to the center of the universe. Bia is immune to all non-physical damage but IIRC the problem is gravity. Which is physical.
SpoilerShow

(01-17-2016, 01:04 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »A Nike (Evasive with supposedly decent fire power and high morale) or Tyche (Increased luck) would have the best chance at survival without us.
Tyche is an expensive rich people ship, though. Not the kind of thing Basalt would send.
(01-17-2016, 04:44 AM)Fellow Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

(01-17-2016, 01:04 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »A Nike (Evasive with supposedly decent fire power and high morale) or Tyche (Increased luck) would have the best chance at survival without us.
Tyche is an expensive rich people ship, though. Not the kind of thing Basalt would send.

Getting the ship just to sell it feels kinda dick-ish and roundabout. If we want cash we could probably just ask. If we want cash and an AI same thing applies (even though we really don't need anymore AIs). I know we're kinda already in the middle of getting a ship and need justification but this just feels weak.

As for the ship thing you never know. Although I suppose you do have a point and a Nike would be generally better (although given our crew's current lack of luck a boost to it would be nice).
(01-17-2016, 08:55 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Getting the ship just to sell it feels kinda dick-ish and roundabout. If we want cash we could probably just ask. If we want cash and an AI same thing applies (even though we really don't need anymore AIs). I know we're kinda already in the middle of getting a ship and need justification but this just feels weak.
We're already getting a ship, we can't mail Basalt to tell him we want something else. Taking the AI and selling the ship is just a way to back out of getting a ship and still getting value out of our use of Marble's connections.

Hmm. You know, a nike ship has synergy with Apollo's moodmeter.
(01-17-2016, 01:34 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(01-17-2016, 08:55 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Getting the ship just to sell it feels kinda dick-ish and roundabout. If we want cash we could probably just ask. If we want cash and an AI same thing applies (even though we really don't need anymore AIs). I know we're kinda already in the middle of getting a ship and need justification but this just feels weak.
We're already getting a ship, we can't mail Basalt to tell him we want something else. Taking the AI and selling the ship is just a way to back out of getting a ship and still getting value out of our use of Marble's connections.

See the last sentence of what you quoted. We'd need another character to lead Marble to conclude that selling the ship is a good idea and that somehow not including the AI is also a good idea.
(01-17-2016, 01:38 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »See the last sentence of what you quoted. We'd need another character to lead Marble to conclude that selling the ship is a good idea and that somehow not including the AI is also a good idea.
I imagine Latta could convince Marble that the ship needs to go for money reasons(selling earns cash, fuel costs). I guess if we don't take the AI we could always trade its AI core with Apollo's.
(01-17-2016, 01:42 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(01-17-2016, 01:38 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »See the last sentence of what you quoted. We'd need another character to lead Marble to conclude that selling the ship is a good idea and that somehow not including the AI is also a good idea.
I imagine Latta could convince Marble that the ship needs to go for money reasons(selling earns cash, fuel costs). I guess if we don't take the AI we could always trade its AI core with Apollo's.

Why haven't we considered asking for combat oriented bodies for our Helios and Apollo anyway? Would be a better use of our favors than a ship.
(01-17-2016, 01:52 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Why haven't we considered asking for combat oriented bodies for our Helios and Apollo anyway? Would be a better use of our favors than a ship.

Reading his cosmodex entry, I would assume Helios bodies are already combat oriented somehow. We should also make sure apollo gets a sister or attention before we give him the means to kill.
Even if it does have synergy with Apollo(And Slate, maybe?), the mind warping aspect of the Nike ship is still freaky. If we are getting a Nike ship I'll kinda regret not getting the fairy and generic slaves since they're both nike consorts.