Legend of the Tea Master (Chapter 1 - The Festival)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legend of the Tea Master (Chapter 1 - The Festival)
Re: Legend of the Tea Master (Chapter 1 - The Festival)
Originally posted on MSPA by Absol.

sonic3535 Wrote:> Enjoy yourselves. WHEN SUDDENLY
THE FIRE NATION ATTACKED
Originally posted on MSPA by BestTeaMaker.

sonic3535 Wrote:> Enjoy yourselves. WHEN SUDDENLY
Absol Wrote:THE FIRE NATION ATTACKED
[Image: 28525001.jpg]

Bit of a snafu today. Continue adding commands for the last post. I should be able to update either later today or tomorrow.

kd7sov Wrote:> Whee! Go have fun! That booth looks friendly!
Morphimus Wrote:> Korin: Frolic around like an ignoramus.
Korin>Go have fun and--

Peng
<div style="margin-left:40px">Waaaaait a bit, let me tell you something.</div>

Peng's grip on your shoulder suddenly sharpens, like a crow-vulture was sitting on you, digging its claws into your flesh. You slowly turn and see Peng smiling...
Peng
<div style="margin-left:40px">I just want to let you know that I trust you, so go have fun with my daughter. But remember.

If anything, anything, happens to my daughter...well...Let me just say I might have to make adjustments by my menu to incorporate a new ingredient, if you get what I'm saying.</div>

[Image: Zp1MP.gif]

Hoo boy, this is going to be a fun night.
-----

The Autumn Festival is more commonly known as the Moon Festival. For the residents of the Earth Kingdom, it's a time to celebrate the harvest and pray for a good winter by lighting lanterns on the surface of Lake Laogai (now a popular tourist attraction) in tribute to the moon spirit. For the whole night, the city of Ba Sing Se is alight with a festive mood. Cakes, candies, meat, and delicacies are on proud display alongside farmers showing off their local products. Many vendors also begin to set up shop at this time, selling novelty toys and fireworks for the people to enjoy. It's a time of fellowship and hope as peoples from all social walks of life and get together under the light of the moon.

-----

♫ (When you see this, open the spoilers and turn on the music.)
SpoilerShow

As you wait inside for Sang, you can hear the music drift in from outside. Peng is busily serving some customers at the counter, telling them to stop by a bit later for a special tea demonstration. As Peng is quickly doling out his prized mochi and cakes, you hear Sang coming down the stairs.

Sang
<div style="margin-left:40px">Hey Korin, thanks for waiting for me. I hope I look like I'm ready for a night out on the streets.</div>

[Image: Best_Tea_Maker_Chapter_1_16b.gif]

You silently stare at your friend as your heart skips a beat. Sang chuckles at your reaction, causing you to blush a deeper shade of red. Sang then reaches out for your hand.
Sang
<div style="margin-left:40px">C'mon, don't stand there like a sloth-worm. We've got a festival to enjoy! I'll show you around this part of town. You can ask me anything if you have questions. I know the people around here pretty well.</div>

You head outside of Peng's Sweets. You left your apron inside, with Peng giving you assurance that he will keep watch over it. You hear the sounds of music coming from the platform set up in the middle of Fountain Square. The wafting scents of fresh dumplings, both fried and boiled, trickle through the crowded line at Dragon Dumpings. A man standing behind his Bun Cart waves are passing festival participants, urging them to try his fresh meat or vegetarian buns, both straight from his kitchen. Down the Alley you can hear the sounds of more laughter and enjoyment.

It is time to have fun in the Autumn Festival.

[Image: Ww88n.png]
Korin>_

-----

...what do you mean Fountain Square looks different? You're all so silly.

>Think about how that lights make the Fountain Square look a lot different.
SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by [b]K
Originally posted on MSPA by kd7sov.

> Indicate that you'd like to see that Fire Fountain place you've heard about; is that around here?

SpoilerShow

Absol Wrote:>Think about how that lights make the Fountain Square look a lot different.
SpoilerShow
[SHH! You're spoiling a future thing I'm doing!]

Korin>Ponder on the changes

[Image: 2LML8.gif]

...Huh.
Kíeros Wrote:> Head down the alleyway.
Korin>Head down the Alley

You tell Sang that you want to head down the Alley and take a look at more festival stuff. Sang agrees, eying the long line in front of Dragon Dumplings and the Bun Cart. The songs from the Band float across the air down the alley as you emerge from the other side. There, you see a flurry of activity as people crowd around the stalls and shops on the street. All around the cul-de-sac, you can hear the vendors urging people to come to their stalls.

"Try yer luck! Come and pull your red string of fate and win a prize!"

"Fresh chan ro, cooked on hot skewers! We've got rabbit-pork and longeared-beef, along with some vegetarian options!"

"Maaaaps! Get yer maaaaps! From the Earth Palace to the Municipal Zoo! Maaaaaaaaps!"

"We've got masks and toys! Toys and masks! Also some mini lanterns as well!"
"We will begin the story of the Moon and Ocean Spirit in five minutes! Come early and grab some good seats!"

"We've got some sweet snow, a treat for young and old! Made with a secret Water Tribe formula!"

"Carve the shape right and you'll get a great prize! Suitable for all difficulty levels!"

"Sign ups! Sign ups for a Pai Sho tourney! Come and show off your harmonizing skills!"

Korin>_

[Image: IjyyC.png]
-----

Whew, that's easier than drawing the *entire* scene.

> Ooh. Go for some sweet snow, then head over to the storyteller.

>Get some toys!
Originally posted on MSPA by Morphimus.

> Pick up some of that chan ro and head on over to the wood carving place. They did say "a great prize" after all.

[quote="K

> Pull the middlemost one.

> Pull the twelfth string from the right.
Originally posted on MSPA by Ouroboros.

> Pull the one with the best prize. Really, I don't know why people are suggesting anything different.

Ouroboros Wrote:> Pull the one with the best prize. Really, I don't know why people are suggesting anything different.
^this

Morphimus Wrote:> Pull the middlemost one.
Ouroboros Wrote:> Pull the one with the best prize. Really, I don't know why people are suggesting anything different.
Absol Wrote:
^this
Korin>Pull a string in the middle

Alright, the best bet of getting prizes is to pull a string in the middle. You hand the eager hawker 5 coins and begin to pull. Sang looks expectantly over your shoulder as you tense up and pu--

<div style="margin-left:40px">Hey, Korin, didn't expect to see you here.</div>
[Image: 5Vwbi.gif]

You turn around and see a familiar face smiling at you.

<div style="margin-left:40px">It's me, Luo. I visited your tea shop the other day, remember?</div>

You smile and wave back. You remember Luo, the guard who came a few days ago when you first opened the shop. He was one of your very first customers, for goodness' sake! Luo comes on over and eyes the hawker a bit, then turns to you.

Luo
<div style="margin-left:40px">So, I was expecting you to be at your tea shop today, what with this being a festival and all.</div>

Sang
<div style="margin-left:40px">He's helping my father's shop for the day by selling some of his tea there. I'm Sang, by the way.</div>

Luo
<div style="margin-left:40px">Aah, I remember you. You were that little beauty who came to his shop after I left. I see you and Korin became friends.</div>

Sang
<div style="margin-left:40px">Thanks. We're taking a break right now and having fun in the festival.</div>

You ask Luo what he is doing here.
Luo
<div style="margin-left:40px">Ah, I'm a guard, as you know. We're usually on duty at times like these. Festivals can get quite out of hand, especially in a city as large as this. I got assigned to the Fountain Square area. What a coincidence I must say. Speaking of that, have you seen Zha lately?</div>

You tell Luo you haven't seen him since he hastily left your shop. You also fondly remember Zha, if only for the fact he gave you a huge tip when he left.

Luo
<div style="margin-left:40px">I'm slightly worried. A firecracker like that could be up to trouble if left unattended. I hope he isn't getting himself in trouble again. I really don't want another rabaroo incident.</div>

Sang
<div style="margin-left:40px">Really? He seemed like a really nice person. He was quite excited about the Autumn Festival. He left before I could even tell him that it was three days til then.</div>

Luo
<div style="margin-left:40px">Well, I guess one can only get into so much trouble at a time. So, Korin, I see you're playing the Destiny String game. Go on, pull it, Korin. I want to see what you'll get.</div>

You remember that you're still holding the string. You turn back and say your apologies for holding the game up. The hawker nervously chuckles as tells you not to worry about it as he tries to sneak glances at Luo. You give the string a good tug, and suddenly, you hear a loud DING!

[Image: HGfYl.gif]
Hawker
<div style="margin-left:40px">CONGRATULATIONS you have won the GRAND PRIZE OF DESTINY! You get this amazing prize box with a surprise that I totally got legitimately. And, for your lovely lady friend here, you get a second prize, a limited-edition Turtle-Duck doll! Yes, congratulations congratulations to you both, now please leave. Go on, you're holding up the line, yes you are. Please leave and don't look back.</div>

You, Sang, and Luo walk away. You see Sang and Luo trying to stifle a chuckle.
Sang
<div style="margin-left:40px">Are you sure it's alright to let him go?</div>

Luo
<div style="margin-left:40px">Eh, it's alright. He's mostly harmless. Most of his wares come from waste bins and garbage piles, so he's not really stealing. Sometimes I'll catch him with something he shouldn't have, but I see that you won that off of him. While you may be tired of this word now, congratulations, Korin.</div>

You say your goodbyes to Luo, who needs to return to patrol. However, before you can go, Luo turns around to tell you something.
Luo
<div style="margin-left:40px">Well, I guess I can tell you guys since you both seem trustworthy. We're actually getting reports of animal smugglers in the Lower Ring, so be on the watch out for any especially suspicious people here. I'm not actually sure what's happened, but recently they've been able to smuggle some rather rare animals into Ba Sing Se.</div>

Sang
<div style="margin-left:40px">Why would they smuggle animals?</div>

Luo
<div style="margin-left:40px">Mostly as exotic pets. Some of the nobles here like to show off their money, and a common thing to do is to acquire a rare pet or something of that kind. But, lately, there's a rumor of some sort of animal ring, where they bet money on fights and stuff.</div>
You and Sang look nervously at each other.
Luo
<div style="margin-left:40px">Ah, sorry for worrying you two. Don't mind me too much. Go and have fun. I'll be looking forward to your tea later. It'll be a great break from a long night of guard duty.</div>

Luo whistles as he walks away towards two children fighting over a Platty-Bear doll. You ponder on Luo's words for a bit, but Sang tugs on your sleeve.
Sang
<div style="margin-left:40px">Hey, come on, worrywart. Luo's on duty, so I'm sure it's going to be alright. So, where should we head next?</div>
[Image: IjyyC.png]
Korin>_

-----

Ok, that's enough updates for a bit. I need to recharge and do some actual studying.

Originally posted on MSPA by sonic3535.

> Story-teller, of course! Stories within stories are the best kind!

SpoilerShow

>Toys!
Originally posted on MSPA by Iroh.

>Impress Sang with your wood-carving skills.

[quote="K

> Ask Sang what she thought of the story.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by suomynonAyletamitlU.

> Bury your face in sweet snow so nobody can see the emotions written all over your face. Realize afterwards that sweet snow is cold.